Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MeaganJo's 3PCC free Creations - Forgotten Factory Gardens pg 95

Comments

• Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited June 2014
    Looking good! :D
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks you guys! My game has been giving me all sorts of fits today with CFE but I think I may have finally gotten a hang of it. I guess we'll find out the next time I open it! As for the coloring issue it is indeed an outdoor lighting because as you will see in the area of the pool I copied the exterior paint to those little indoor nooks you see and they are stark white... :roll: I guess I'll have to play an entire sim day to see if it changes however I like the color as it is now so hopefully it doesn't change lol!

Here are some more pics.

Screenshot-76_zpsc3107320.jpg

Screenshot-80_zps1f70dadd.jpg

Screenshot-77_zpsb399888c.jpg

Screenshot-78_zps7feec1b6.jpg

Screenshot-79_zps30bdd31d.jpg

Screenshot-81_zps470c866f.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited June 2014
    The WIP is continuing to look great! :) It looks nice how you have placed the trees in the nook areas. The harvestable produce garden area looks great. Great pool area. It looks great how you have done the steps leading down to the pool area. The layout of the build is looking great!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Rosemow, I am so glad that with this build I can just take my time and learn from it without a time constraint. :)

Picasso anyone? :wink: CFE cracks me up!

Screenshot_zpsb9e200b0.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    this house looks amazing and huge

edit:

oh boy that picture.... :shock: :lol:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hello annette, yes it is pretty darn big as I have several buildings on a 50x50 lot, at first it was on a 39x40 in Monte Vista but in the end I needed more space so deleted an EA commercial lot. I really need to get back into making smaller lots as I really don't know what to do with this one...

But hey that picasso picture was fixed in the end. :)

Screenshot-2_zps1b26e4ad.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    Great looking WIP so far! I know how you feel about using cfe. It can be a real pain sometimes. I've even had to redo entire builds just to fix cfe problems. What you've done so far with it looks awesome. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks you guys :mrgreen:

I've had to start so many builds over from scratch so I feel your pain Fischio.

Rosemow when I saw that I just had to snap a pic. :)

Screenshot-4_zpsd2fe36de.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps421738c7.jpg

Screenshot-6_zps6d51dc38.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I made a lot of changes to the area with the single story building with multiple rooms it is now down to 2 rooms instead of 4 and made a side entrance, moved the bigger building beside them a square over and added a square to the front so I could get the wall with the front gate equal on both sides as it was driving me bonkers. Still can't figure out how to arch the wall the way I want to above the door/gate in front so I think I may be stuck with the way it is so no Mamma Mia arch. :cry: (sniffles) Here are a couple pics of the first area I wrote about...

Screenshot_zps14205fd4.jpg

Screenshot-2_zpsc637dfbf.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The changes that you have made, changing it two rooms instead of four looks great. Very nice side entrance. It looks nice how you have done the plants and rocks there. Great update pictures :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glad you fixed the picasso picture! :lol: Love the new updates! I like the fact that the house looks that it is sitting on a hill! Lovely architecture too! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hehehe I couldn't help but take a picture when it looked all funky like that. Thanks Yanti and Rosemow. :mrgreen:

More updates I have completely remade a few spaces such as the garden area it is now sunken, the nectar making building was brought in more that way I could get the back of the building a little more like Villa Donna without completely replicating it and I just couldn't stand that huge blank wall on the outside of that area, made some changes around the pool, and the main building let's see oh I also ended up changing the stair area that I made yesterday to better go with the Mamma Mia set.

Screenshot-2_zps36e90e4a.jpg

Screenshot-10_zps3f1998db.jpg

Screenshot-6_zpsc85c081d.jpg

Screenshot-8_zpsfa10a34a.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps2b7da856.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps21695d69.jpg

Screenshot-4_zpsdbe72045.jpg

Screenshot-11_zpsf348c725.jpg

Screenshot-7_zps9af252b6.jpg

Screenshot-9_zps58b647a0.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Can I just say, WOW! It feels so real!!! I am dying over here wanting to tour it!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    LOL, Thank you :mrgreen: So far I've only put 54 hours into it since my kiddo has been off playing with his friends most days. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I forgot to add photo's of the Nectar making room and work shop...

Screenshot-12_zps1acb6166.jpg

Screenshot-14_zps558cf9f5.jpg

Screenshot-15_zpsb903ef60.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpseee5ebb3.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The WIP is looking great! :) It looks nice how you have done the sunken produce garden area! The bar area near the pool looks great! Great nectar making room. The textures on the walls and floors looks great. The barrels and crates looks great there. It is great that you have a workshop area in the build where sims can enjoy using the glass blowing station, sculpting and inventing.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ah! What lovely updates! :D Makes me want to pack up my bag and head to Italy or Spain! :mrgreen: I love mediterrenean architecture! The orchard and veggie patch and the pool area looks amazing! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Rosemow and Yanti!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Haven't been in game the past couple of days so no updated pictures even though I am further along than the last pictures I had posted but once I go in game again I will take pics of the updates which is pretty much a bunch of potted plants and that is about it lol. I generally don't have time to sim on the weekends as I would rather do family stuff. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok so the front of this building is seriously bugging me and I don't know what to do with it so I am open to suggestions pretty please. I'm going to keep messing with it but hope to hear from other simmers to get some idea's.

Screenshot_zpsef3fc257.jpg

Edit - Ok still Greek style just not Mamma Mia themed...

Screenshot-2_zpsed23130f.jpg

Or???

Screenshot-4_zps46841f1c.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well I guess I am going to save it as is and possibly go take a nap and check back later. :wink:
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    Really great looking front facade :thumbup: If I had to choose I'd go with the first one with the wooden fence. That piddly lil column doesn't seem like it would hold up that stone half wall on the second floor.

I'd like to see what it would look like if you removed the balcony just above the front door (go back to your original window placement on the second floor) and drop that trellis to the first floor. Keep the column, but place another on the corner of the arched wall on the right. Might look nice with some plants hanging from it too :mrgreen:

I did some quick and dirty photoshopping:

Screenshot-2_zpsed23130f.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fischio wrote:
    Really great looking front facade :thumbup: If I had to choose I'd go with the first one with the wooden fence. That piddly lil column doesn't seem like it would hold up that stone half wall on the second floor.

I'd like to see what it would look like if you removed the balcony just above the front door (go back to your original window placement on the second floor) and drop that trellis to the first floor. Keep the column, but place another on the corner of the arched wall on the right. Might look nice with some plants hanging from it too :mrgreen:

I did some quick and dirty photoshopping:

Haha I was like wait a minute I don't remember doing that to the build! And then I read your post. Thank you so very much for your feed back Fischio it is greatly appreciated and love how you took my pics to give me an idea for another way of doing the front. The front of this building has been bugging me since the beginning and I know that I am going way off from the Villa Donna theme from Mamma Mia but it wasn't supposed to be exact in the first place. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    What about this version?

Screenshot-6_zps24ed2fe8.jpg

Or without the columns...

Screenshot_zps4f44d1e0.jpg