Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown (Populated) (Download Now! 07/15)

Comments

• Options
    AmaterasuChanAmaterasuChan Posts: 310 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry for the lack of blueprints! I WILL send you them sometime! :P
  • Options
    BeanWantaBurgerBeanWantaBurger Posts: 96 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Nice! I missed Strangetown :P
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited May 2014
    Looks good. Making me miss the old Strangetown. I'll give you a rec when it comes out. :)
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited May 2014

It's beautiful, truly :D
  • Options
    einshelmdweiylleeinshelmdweiylle Posts: 35 New Member
    edited May 2014
    That is really awesome! Especially the terrain. I applaud your work. :thumbup:
  • Options
    CitronmuffinsCitronmuffins Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Haha! How fun! :) If only EA had induced this conceptional content, they would've been profittable 'for once'. To bad, they're missing out! LOL.

So you added the iconic characters and 'converted' them from the sims 2, great, now I have no further solicitude about your beautiful version of this town! That was all I could've asked for, the rest is already exceeding standards for any sort of disbelief as potentional failure. Not that I ever had any. I see that you've created Nervous Subject, it makes me all nostalgic now! Yay :D

The great thing about custom creations is that when it comes especially to convertions from the Sims 2 to the Sims 3, EA misses out on the profit, due to the fact that people are willing to pay heavily for it - especially the fans that's been around for a decade or more! The even greater thing about custom convertions or 'fan-made' creations from sims2 - to sims3 is that the fans understands the heart and soul of it any better than the rest of the creator team hired by EA ever does.. There's a subtle - but signifigant diffrence between being an old-time, devoted fan, and just complying a job.

I'm way to anxious for the release of your town. I can't thank you enough, considering you're essentially dedicating it to the sims-community for free! It's very generous, truely. And what better about not EA having it created?? Answer : It doesn't only have a soul, it has quality crafted, custom content also! Yihoo! It's a win-win :lol:

Out of curiousity, when is the final result premised or due release? I understand if there's no date set yet, thus it'd rather be out of the ordinary for the unlikely. :)
  • Options
    CitronmuffinsCitronmuffins Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh, yeah, of course!..

I forgot to mention this- and I'll just mention this for any stange-town fan out there to not miss this out! So, the best convertion of Bella Goth from Sims 2 to Sims 3 so far, has undoubtly been this one : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523880.

It's a custom creation from the modthesims community! She's incrediably beautiful, and you can seemingly confess she elevates the spirit of Bella Goth to whole other level, but O.🐸🐸🐸🐸; she's created with glitch-free CC and glitch-free custom sliders thought!

All for the fans that wants to combine the best CC into a whole, when this town has been published :wink:
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for all the nice responses! Sims are coming on really well and they've been fun to make. :D

Citronmuffins - Really glad you like the world and sims so far. Totally agree with you about stuff being "fan made" having more heart. I must admit though, I never really played Strangetown in The Sims 2 for pc but really fell in love with the town from the GBA and PSP versions. I'm still looking for ways to bring even more of those games into this world through signs and references rather than just remakes of the lots. I really think/hope people will enjoy this world when it's fully finished and populated.

My CC for this world is definitely good quality. I've spent hours on objects that I've later scrapped because they don't look right. Only the best stuff is kept :)

If you want to get a very early look at the world then there's an unpopulated Beta to download on my blog at Createaworldblog.tumblr.com :mrgreen:

Here's some more pics!

tumblr_n5zk21vQsR1t01y2po2_500.jpg

tumblr_n5zk21vQsR1t01y2po1_500.jpg

tumblr_n639r8upLy1t01y2po2_500.jpg

tumblr_n639r8upLy1t01y2po1_500.jpg
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    edited May 2014
    My CC for this world is definitely good quality. I've spent hours on objects that I've later scrapped because they don't look right. Only the best stuff is kept

If you want to get a very early look at the world then there's an unpopulated Beta to download on my blog at Createaworldblog.tumblr.com

Downloading now... :D
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, I grabbed your unpopulated version. I appreciate that the CC isn't attached to the world itself. I'm going to see how it looks without the CC, then I'll decide if I want to add it. My game is heavily modded, but almost no CC. Just two skintones that I created.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Clayworld- I really recommend the CC because the world won't look right without it. Rabbit holes, plants and decor are custom made specifically for the world. :wink:
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Clayworld wrote:
    Well, I grabbed your unpopulated version. I appreciate that the CC isn't attached to the world itself. I'm going to see how it looks without the CC, then I'll decide if I want to add it. My game is heavily modded, but almost no CC. Just two skintones that I created.

Aaron, Strangetown isn't finished yet, is it? I haven't been on here for a good while, I strayed and was playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Tran Simulator 2014. I don't see a link - but anyway - Strangetown looks fantastic - you always do a great job with your worlds!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi azul662. You can get a really early version of the world to play in from my blog but I've lately changed the world so much it's practically brand new.

This is the new version of the world! :D

tumblr_n6sup0EfGn1t01y2po1_1280.png

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Geez! :shock: That looks almost brand new! Are you going to be using the same lots?
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi azul662. You can get a really early version of the world to play in from my blog but I've lately changed the world so much it's practically brand new.

This is the new version of the world! :D

tumblr_n6sup0EfGn1t01y2po1_1280.png
    Looks so amazing ... I'll wait for the new world - I don't want to start something and then re-start over again. You do a fantastic job - can not wait to play in new Strangetown.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Geez! :shock: That looks almost brand new! Are you going to be using the same lots?

Yep but they'll all be edited to look better except for the recreations which are all fine as they are :-)

azul662 - I'd recommend waiting too. There's a few issues with the early design and it's not populated. :wink:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh yeah - liking a lot of what I see here. Looks rather great Aaronrogers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow :shock:
    The last version looked amazing, and you have made it even more amazing. This new version has one of the best road layouts I've ever seen and the landscape... just no words!
  • Options
    gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, I love this world! Looking forward to see more of it. :) Too bad though that we can't prepopulate worlds with dead sims because there are quite a few in the family trees of TS2 Strangetown making connections between different families and sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Nilxis. I'm really glad you like the road layout as that was my main problem with the original. It felt so empty!

gurra09 - I have Glarn Curious in the world as a deceased sim as he links the whole Smith/Curious tree together. The world works fine with him being dead :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Released populated version! :D
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,105 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks amazing!!!
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    trold123trold123 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much for sharing your worlds. Strangetown 1.1 are :thumbup: . Love it. I also love Mesa Grande and Brigdewood. Your worlds are so well done and beautiful and runs smoothly (almost no lag at all.

I am also in love with your new world Garden Grove. It really looks very pretty.
    I hope you will make it a main land with a coast with a beach and deep water for a habor/port as well as maybe a dive lot or two. I would love to see a IP world from you.

Best regards,
    Dorthe
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited July 2014
    Very glad I installed this world: it is gorgeous and you must have had Sims 2 up on another computer as you created, the likenesses of the characters and their homes is amazing...I played all the major households in Sims 2, and they are all back looking so much better and with deeper characters.

Beautiful terrain and pan...flawless.
  • Options
    aleks242999aleks242999 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi. Can you send me CAW files of this town for personal use.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top