Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goth's Graveyard?

[Size=18-big]I just had a thought about why they don't have any graves in their garden...

1. There is a mausoleum they own on a separate lot exclusive to their family of course... Or

2. They have a creepy basement filled with urns and graves like a kind of shrine.. To Grim....[/size]

This made me start thinking about what the Cemetery will look like in TS4...
I think too much...

Comments

• Options
    BeASimmerBeASimmer Posts: 318 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I wondered why they didn't add any tombstones when they were building the Goth mansion. But I guess in this day and age, most people don't have graveyards in their garden.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited May 2014
    Could be just what they showed us too. Sometimes I know they have to play and get the graves by killing the sims off, at least if they want the ghosts! I'm pretty sure they weren't going to show that in the video lol!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited May 2014
    The most likely guess would be that gravestones aren't available through build and buy mode, so that's why they weren't there.
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's because the graveyard is for us to create and fill up. :twisted:

No really, I have no idea!! They couldn't have forgotten, right?
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2014
    The house the Goth's lived in did not feel like the Goth house to me. It didn't feel dark enough. My favorite Goth house was the one from The Sims.
  • Options
    BeASimmerBeASimmer Posts: 318 New Member
    edited May 2014
    But seriously, do you know anyone who would have a graveyard in their backyard?
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think there are secrets they haven't shown us~ :mrgreen:

Maybe gravestones will be placed outside the lot, there was a gap between the house and the river so maybe they will be placed there?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Double post... :shock:
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    BeASimmer wrote:
    I don't think that's the issue
    The Goths has always had a Graveyard in their yard since TS1 and i don't think they will leave this out now.
    The most likely is that the tombstones are on the back part of their house which we didn't see, or that since the Trailer specifically was talking about build mode and gravestone aren't purchasable you may guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Triple post... :oops: this forum...
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2014
    Valandis wrote:
    It's because the graveyard is for us to create and fill up. :twisted:
    2whjczc.gif

But seriously, it would be weird if they did't have one. Perhaps they'll add it later? The purpose of the video I'd say is to show them building a house, so them adding finishing touches to the Goth's home later on wouldn't be that surprising.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    BeASimmer wrote:

I have one...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    BeASimmer wrote:

Why, yes I do, the Goths. :mrgreen:

Seriously, where I live (in the boon docks) it isn't unusual to see family graveyards on people's land just a few steps away from the old house with a new house built in front. Some of them are hundreds of years old. No one around here thinks it's strange at all. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Why do you change your signature daily?
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I have a succinct feeling that the house shown was just for demonstrative purposes only, to show the build and buy mode features, and may likely not be the house the Goths end up with. I'm also guessing that this will not be the final Goth family either, because if it was, we would be losing most of the Goth/Bachelor/Crumplebottom extended family.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited May 2014
    They didn't really show the backyard so they could have one. It can't be in a basement as no basements was confirmed.

Their house doesn't really feel gothic enough to me either but i'm still going to play them anyway :).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ZKextreme wrote:

Why don't you have an avatar?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    edited May 2014
    well if there is no gravyard for the goth mansion for me this will be perfect i do not went any ghost poping in the middle of the night even if there was one i would delete all the tombstones and as i did with sims3 i plan to turn off aging
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    well if there is no gravyard for the goth mansion for me this will be perfect i do not went any ghost poping in the middle of the night even if there was one i would delete all the tombstones and as i did with sims3 i plan to turn off aging

munch_cat_the_scream.jpg
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2014
    The build video was great BUT I'm wondering if there WILL be basements and how they will deal with them with homes that have foundations.

As to the missing gravestones... since acquiring gravestones ISN'T done through build/buy mode I'm sure that's why we weren't shown them. It just wouldn't be the Goths without a family plot on the property!
  • Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    ZKextreme wrote:

Ohoho I was expecting that question as retaliation. Well I'll answer mine. Will you answer yours?

I don't know what's wrong with this site with me but the profile pages are having a hard time loading, or are they really like that? Well I found 'Edit Avatar' and clicked it and it seems it only allows sim avatars. I wanted to upload my sims but I can't probably because my game is not updated. I tried updating but after the download it says it can't. I wanted to upload personal non-sim pictures but I don't know how, how do you do that?

Gosh I wish The Sims 3 works properly but this game has loads of problems. Here's my current thread and I wish people could just help.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754298.page
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ZKextreme wrote:
    moo11x wrote:
    ZKextreme wrote:

Ohoho I was expecting that question as retaliation. Well I'll answer mine. Will you answer yours?

I don't know what's wrong with this site with me but the profile pages are having a hard time loading, or are they really like that? Well I found 'Edit Avatar' and clicked it and it seems it only allows sim avatars. I wanted to upload my sims but I can't probably because my game is not updated. I tried updating but after the download it says it can't. I wanted to upload personal non-sim pictures but I don't know how, how do you do that?

Gosh I wish The Sims 3 works properly but this game has loads of problems. Here's my current thread and I wish people could just help.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/754298.page

lol I'm childish~ so I answered with a question not retaliating lol ok I'll answer~ I was hungry so had a picture of pudding... But I change my mind all the time, can't find a picture to fit the dimensions and then get bored easily~ that's why... I'll look at your question :wink:
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 70 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

munch_cat_the_scream.jpg

:lol: Pure gold :lol:
    (I agree with the cat)
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just figured it was in that fenced area in the back. Captura-2014-05-28-16h41m44s119.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, it wouldn't be in the basement since there will be no basements. It is likely that the graves would be in the fenced in area keFUNKNEY101 mentioned. Can't imagine the Goths wont have a graveyard.