Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kaztomp's Thread for D.N.A. Builds - *Bristlecone Park - pg 17 - for Anettesb*

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ofcourse I check in

Yea and now it is late mornorning (9 am) Sunday here….

We just take the time we need
    Sorry you got panic attacs to, I hate them.

Ok so no rolercoaster, maybe a tractor (don’t stress the tractor I do have 1 lot planed where it will be)

I usally get all store items, but it will depend a little on what is in the set and what it cost…. From what I have seen I say yes (a wagon left on the lot, the light, cotton candy and popcorn - but NOT the clown fountain)
    I know I said no free food… but yes things like that (popcorn, cottencandy and snow cone machines) could be there…. But not the more kitchen like machines and friged… do I make any sense…. If it very much look the part ok … but limit free…. Also if a juicebare (not LN nectar) look right it could be on the lot (maybe in the barn as part of the party area……)
    About party, it would look nice if there was a wedding arch (difrent for each season) on the lot…. That was inside some seasons and outside atleast in the summer…. Make a good reason to use difrent arches…. And for the not church wedding.

Chicken and cows, could be there but they not first priority….. hmm I gues they could be seasonal… but I like them more as permanent features (I don’t feel sorry for them… they created to be to be outside…. Old farm girl here) Bees could be there, but bees I already have on a lot. The chicken and cows will be on the farm lot…. So again neither is important. The festival + party area + uni bonfire and basegame type bonfire + playground + room to play in snow/waterfights/throw a baseball is more important…
    And it is only a 60x60 lot …..

Do you know how to make the game spawn that the townins do picnic? If so that be lovely.

I know I mention sporting equitment (the basket ring) but really 1 socorgoal is enough…. I’m currently building a big sport lot that got ALL the sporting things we have….. so unless important sims don’t need to go there for sport (but socor = tickets… so that’s a yes)

What in real life often be permanent … let that be permanent… like most playgrounds don’t get changed do to season (atleast not in Denmark)

The grill area could have the woodfire own…..

I don’t think I have more ideas right now… and I think I ansvered all your questions.

edit: and it took me nearly an hour to writ this... it is almost 10
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A thing that might be cool to have... was if there some where in the barn was an old wardrob hidding... that a witch have enchanted so sims can go on adventures... this would be amazing as I usally don't play with witches... and then still could go on adventures....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    string lights and other festival lights be great... like the bohemian garden... and the lights from the uni EP and the drifters desires.... and the limited edition IP lights.... don't know how much lights a seasonal or not...

I like the lot to also be a little mix and match... not to perfect... the comunity made it over the years...

first it was a farm (barn and medow)
    then a circus used the lot
    now the comunity made it the festival ground

things got there in difrent times... some items might be older... maybe things gets donated (a reason to use difrent chairs)

lived, used and loved lot with history
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wabling winchims

did I also say I like a mitchmatch of spring rides.... I try to find out what I don't have in town yet

sorry my mind have gone in overdrive....

• Options
    KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited May 2014
    Some brilliant ideas Anettesb! Have just started with rough layout ideas - still a way to go before I have anything to really show you - maybe by Friday or Saturday :)

I love the idea of the history of the place.. it will help me a lot with the design!

I will try very hard to make this as you want it.. so please, feel free to keep adding ideas as you have them. If I think they are workable great - if not, I will let you know. Together, I think we can make this a great festival lot!! :thumbup:

Will try and check in again on Wednesday. Until then, take care Anettesb :)

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    great

yea hopefully others that own ... well every thing... will be able to ejoy that lot...

I like that it is open on 3 sites...

the little lot next to it I plan on putting the old main farm house on (so the barn might best be in that corner)

glad you like the history.... that mixed with a barn so beutiful it is worht saveing.... (in Denmark atleast we have all sort of building that is on a list of historycal buildings that need to be keept that way... you can ad moderen things like baths but it have to respect the buiding... and you can't just do it you have to ask the state... even if you own it)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    even though I said the main (or did I say only) real structure on the lot is the barn... I wouldn't say it is imposibel that the circus left a structure... in that case you might be able to use a roof from the russian set (just as long as the barn is the main thing) .... or maybe there is tents from the reniciance fair on the lot....

can hardly wait to see and hear your ideas....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Anettesb :)

I don't have too much to show off at the moment - just the shell of the build.

anettesb-1.png

I know it doesn't seem like much but it took me ages to finally settle on the design, layout and colour schemes - at least half a dozen attempts were demolished before I was finally happy with it.

Because there will be a lot of things to place inside the barn, I made it quite large to accommodate everything (30 tiles in length and 16 tiles wide). Making the build this large caused the barn style roof to look out of place - so I ended up having to add a third level to the build so that the roof didn't look too clunky. I will not be decorating the third level and there will be no access to it (ie. stairs or ladders).

You will see I placed my own small farm home in the small lot beside the build - this was just so I could get an idea of scale. I would love to have a copy of the home you plan on putting there *wink* *wink* :)

The exterior of the barn is timbered, except for the entrance, which is stone, and which I think adds to the "history" of the build ie. it was added later for the circus. The timber is a deep reddish colour, with brown support timbers as relief.

I have used two Store windows - one from Aurora Skies (both with & without shutters) and the window that came with the "Welcome Back to Three Lakes" set (I think it's called the Knot-hole Window?). I just want to make sure you have these two windows. I'm pretty sure you said you had most of the store but better double check before I go too much further.

I will be focusing on the interior of the build next and the grounds will be done towards the end. I'm doing it that way because I want to wait and see what comes in that new set in June :)

Anyway, I know it doesn't seem like much right now but unfortunately time is not something I have a lot of anymore :(

I hope you like what you see so far.

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx

PS. Still not entirely sure about the roof colour yet - the black shingles didn't look right with the red and brown timbers, and the brown thatch wasn't dark enough.. so for now, I'm just using the brown shingled roof and as the build evolves, if I think the exterior colour is making the roof colour look weird, then I will change the exterior colour (again - sheesh!). What were EA thinking when they decided roofs would not be recolourable?!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    edited May 2014
    Your WIP is looking great ! :) Great design of the barn. The types of windows that you are using look great. Enjoy working on the build!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Looks great... it is very big... so I worry about space... but do to season it is nice that some activities are inside.... but not all
    and the party area dosn't need to be big... it is more a way to hold birthday parties for the legacy kids....

about the house next to... that likely be a request on DNA ;) unless I find the perfect on on exchange

I got all you choosed to use ... so no problem there... + I think it is the perfect pick... and yes just ask (really the few things I don't have is mostly a few cas items and some furturistic stuff + some promotion items)

maybe if the 3.rd level is with open to the 2.nd level and beams instead of floor...
    like this: (yes from an apartment)

68c494b4-d763-4e6c-886f-c4ff2629722c_Large.jpg

could even have a small part with acses using a lader and a dress up and play corner for kids... maybe...
    any way I like some beams there if that looks right... like they be in a real barn, as that will look great when takeing pictures.

I really like the stone part .... it looks a little like some old barn and stable builds in Denmark ..... the color is fantastic.. earty and calm... and the use of the MH roof deco briliant (I still need to learn to use them... but love their look)
    the big door... I hope horses can't acses to much of the stuf inside..... (don't want horses crashing parties or going around the vending machins, but it is ok if they can get inside in a blizard.

will eating areas be both inside an out (maybe depending on season)?

the roof looks realistic to me with that siding of the barn.... like something I see where I live...

thank you for the sneak peak (brilliant that you put a house next to it to get an idea of that)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I see I made this a little confusing...
    Needed in commen mod:
    The buildings (mainly an old barn), and in them:
    The toilet (ground level for easy toddler access)
    The pets equitment
    In the barn a room set up to “rent” for parties with at least 2 tables for birthday cakes + a buffet table (if wanted you can change that according to season) the decoration can be set in season mod.
    A corner for toddler play inside, something like a toy box and a doll house, or a playpen? + the snuggle swing for babies? Could even have the chaning table.
    Equipment for pets: a hitching post for horses (maybe outside under a half roof, as it seems strange to let the horses in to the party area...), a chew toy for dogs, a scratching poll for cats and a food bowl. (The cat and dog things can be inside, considering winter)
    A pond would be nice if room
    The playground: jungelgym, swing set, jigsaw, a sandbox, a slide and bouncy rides (those you can change according to the season just keep the number and placement the same) though I love if you here use the circus set! and it be the same all year the bouncy rides I be happy to see a mix of difrent types (then I can imagen the kids going I want the car/horse/frog ect)
    A grill area with rustic picnic tables (drifter’s desire, season or Chieftain's Table)
    A fire pit area matching the grill area, it be nice if you use the firepit from Drifter’s Desire
    If using the basket ring put it in commend mod.
    There could be arcade games – they could change true out the year.
    The cow and chickens could be there (but if they there all year)
    Maybe a fiddle in the barn?
    Maybe the hot air balloon? Can that be seasonal? If so it be perfect for romantic spring… and another color in the fall.
    if you can make picnic baskets spawn... cool
    the bonfire from uni? either permanent or at soem seasons (summer, fall and winter is logical to me)

what I ment is that inside the building:
    toilets
    party area
    inside play area
    some of the activities

the pets thing can be inside or outside
    playground schould be outside
    fire pite + grill - outside
    scating and snowboarding + roloerscating - outside

edit:

in the summer more might be outside... than in the other seasons....
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it was big - and yes, I guess I did misunderstand - lol!

How about this one? It's a bit smaller (20 x 12) and only two stories. Smaller door as well :)

anettesb.png

I'm fairly confident I can fit what you want inside and also have more stuff outdoors as well.

It's nearly midnight here, so I must be off to bed now - but will check for your reply tomorrow :)

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx

PS. I have kept a copy of the other one "just in case" the smaller one doesn't work as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think thats much better sizevise... + you got the dragon on top... I LOVE that roof deco... now it is almost a small viking hall.... cool and defently a type of barn that would be choosen to be protected in Denmark :D

sorry I was unclear... to start with... :oops:

I feel better about this one... the olde was more of a ridding hall....

sleep well dear

• Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 793 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry I'm a million0 years late in responded!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Another update with pics...

I've added a pond on the outside - large enough for skating on in winter; and a small stable with a water trough inside for horses. Boundary fencing is done and I have left the front open, without gates.

Inside I have created a men/women toilet block around the central staircase and there is a potty chair in each one :)

The room to the left of the staircase will be the "party" room.

Upstairs is not yet decorated.

anettesb2.png

Still not a lot to show, but I would rather show you these small changes now in case there is anything you would like altered (ie. room layout or size).

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    nice

I really like it

maybe you could put the outdoor shower so it was over by the stable

I love that it is to small matching buildings

also if the pond is big enough for scating there might not need to be the item for winter scating... jsut a thought

love the mixed fence... is there an opening over to the house?

and thank you for the party area on teh groundfloor... that was a great idea... makes it esier with toddlers in the family....
    maybe put atleast some of the indoor toy play area on the groundfloor to? (don't mind things being split up... just want a nice flow) jsut becouse toddler + stairs = no can go

I LOVE all the little sneak peaks
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MINEZ wrote:
    Sorry I'm a million0 years late in responded!!

Minez,

Thank you for finally checking in with me, however since the request was placed on hold for no contact within the time frame per our rules, I have claimed another request to build. Per our rules you can now wait and I will build this for you, or you can post that you would like to have it opened back up to the team, keeping in mind, if you do post this, you will be once again required to check in within 3 days of receiving our builders friend request and subject to cancellation if no contact within 14 days. You can find the rules I am referring to here.

Please bear in mind, when deciding whether to wait for me or open your request to the Team, that my real life is very busy (I am a foster mum to 4 boys) and as such, I have limited time to work on creations. For example, this current build I am working on will, in all likelihood, take at least 3 to 4 weeks to complete. I feel you need to know this as a courtesy.

Kind regards,
    Kaztomp
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 793 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thats fine I can wait
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Anettesb,

Another small update..

anettesb3.png

I have laid out where the hot air balloon will go - it will be seasonal and only available during spring and fall.

You said you didn't care if the tractor went in or not because you were going to place it in another lot anyway. If you decide you do want the tractor, I have laid it out as it would appear in game. It will also be seasonal and only available during summer and fall. It does take up a fair amount of space on the lot, so please let me know as soon as possible, if you do want it included.

To the left of the lot you can see another small building - this is the small playground you suggested, with two swings and a slippery slide. Inside the building is a bookshelf, seats, toybox, toy stove, rocking horse and a doll's house. I made it to look like a hayshed which has been renovated/remodelled to be a kids playhouse :) I will still be placing toys for the kids inside the main building, as you requested - but I thought this little play room would be nice if older kids want to spend time away from mum and dad - I know mine do - lol!!

You will also note in the pictures, that I have added two outdoor showers behind the stable block - hope this is okay?

Please note that although the terrain painting looks very precise and square, it will eventually have the edging softened and plants and decor added to make it not so "harsh". I do this initially to help with layout of areas and so I know where things will be placed during each season. Terrain pain is NOT seasonal.

The other thing that is not seasonal are the small fire pits. You asked for the Drifters Desire fire pit and that's fine, I have it, but you need to know it cannot be turned on and off for different seasons. It will always be there.

Please remember to let me know about the tractor / hayride :)

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx

EDIT: Forgot to answer a previous question you had.. There are two small gates, either side of the large barn, which will allow access to/from the house lot :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    oh looks great...

if the tracto ride take up so much space lets drop it (there is more important things) but it do look amazing to have it there... I guess it depends on how much room there is for the other activities.

the shower looks good... actually very much like I imagend

Love the play house (yes the idea was for the kids to have difrent areas to play in...) are you using the circus playground equitment? build in like that it might not be right I see... but oh well... I love what I can see of that little play house.

the small firepit (and the uni one) is ok to be permanent... rater have them permanent than don't have them.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    did you see the carusel!?!

*jumps up and down*
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    anettesb wrote:

*jumps up and down*

AND the circus tents??!! OMG!! I sooo want this set - NOW!! LOL!! :D:D

The carousel and a small tent would look awesome in your festival lot! I definitely think we get rid of the hay ride - that way we have more room for the new circus stuff - YAAAY!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS. Just want to remind you that I don't work on creations over the weekend - sadly my life with the boys is too busy over the weekend for any serious time to in front of the computer :cry::cry:

But once they're back at school on Monday - well, then I can concentrate :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kaztomp wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

*jumps up and down*

AND the circus tents??!! OMG!! I sooo want this set - NOW!! LOL!! :D:D

The carousel and a small tent would look awesome in your festival lot! I definitely think we get rid of the hay ride - that way we have more room for the new circus stuff - YAAAY!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS. Just want to remind you that I don't work on creations over the weekend - sadly my life with the boys is too busy over the weekend for any serious time to in front of the computer :cry::cry:

But once they're back at school on Monday - well, then I can concentrate :)

yup Hayride byby :lol: they can just visit the farms....

thats ok... make sure to enjoy time with you boys

only sad thing... the tents isn't weather proof :? so not sure how much they worth using, unless so very small that you don't fell it odd they don't give you real cover (I hope they can be seasonal).... but popcorn, candyfloss, the new streat light... and the coursel... and maybe a game or 2....
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oooooooh! :D Kaz, that looks so GOOD! Great CASing, great roof and the landscaping is coming along nicely too. Looking forward to more. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Oooooooh! :D Kaz, that looks so GOOD! Great CASing, great roof and the landscaping is coming along nicely too. Looking forward to more. :D

Yanti - thank you sweetheart - you are truly very kind and generous :D

xx *hugs* xx