Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Jewelry Caper, Scavenger Hunt and Lotto: Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:

Ooo! Good thought about mentioning if things are hypoallergenic!!! I do not buy anything in nickel because of concern for allergies. I try to list everything I used in each design, too, but perhaps I should put a separate line saying no nickel. When I have some time, I will verify each items ingredients and make a note about the nickel. Thank you!!!

I don't know how they are in US about things with nickel when selling perls.... but in Denmark they can call an item nickel free in hobby shops... and it got a very little bit any way (a shop I bought in said all their things was nickel free.... but their claps tested positiv for nickel... below the limit for what is ok... and almost nothing, but it was there)
    Just so if you say nickel free... well make sure you say arcoring to the producer of the prels/claps.... so you don't get in truble.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:
    I will have to think about this and look around for some materials. I think it would be a nice addition to the shop! I bet it would also be good for wedding day accessories! I will be sure to have both you and Blythe help me in the design process. It would be a fun project to work on together! :D

I be happy to try and help.... the big thing is to make it long... and try to not make it stick to much in the hair.... got to be easy to get out.... I won a leater string (really a necklas) on a marked last summer when my camara work (or I get a new) I take a picture... i have used that in my hair from time to time.

oh yes for weedings.... you could make a whole set for the bride with neckals and all....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    page 4 don't work....

more people need to enter.... even more need to shop....
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    Honestly, I was complaining about it being Sunday...it was my Flag day, totally forgot and lost a chance to wear my flag!!!

urgh!!

oh...hello everyone lol
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited May 2014
    This new bracelet is stunning! Love it!

[img]https://img0.etsystatic.com/029/0/8500220/il_570xN.604368208_ev3x.jpg "width=500"[/img]

• Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    Brighty wrote:
    This new bracelet is stunning! Love it!

[img]https://img0.etsystatic.com/029/0/8500220/il_570xN.604368208_ev3x.jpg "width=500"[/img]

OMG I want it!! :shock:
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Oh my thats so pretty.... could never wear it ... that type dosn't agree with my (need english word..... thinks) wrist(?)

but that on a hair brace/claps... or on a broch.... me love

edit: to explain what I mean by hairbrace/claps.... as I don't know the english word
    file_27_97.jpg
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    Bumpity
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow Brighty! You found that one pretty fast! :shock:

Thank you guys for the love!!! That bracelet took a very long to make, but so happy with how it turned out! Getting so much love for it on a jewelry group I'm on. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:

Thank you guys for the love!!! That bracelet took a very long to make, but so happy with how it turned out! Getting so much love for it on a jewelry group I'm on. :mrgreen:

I can see why you get that much love for this... it is so stunning...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:

Hard to miss something so lovely. ;)

And I agree with Anette. It's beautiful and you can tell a lot of hard work went into it. Why wouldn't you be getting love for it? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I tried to incite more interest in this by posting on my page, but all I received (besides Mizzie's message of support) were responses wary about the social media aspect. People either don't use social media (besides this site), or don't want to mix simming things with "real life" things.

But I was wondering, would you accept them sharing blog posts/tweets/etc. through status updates on their pages?
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just looked around on the Etsy page and wow! Everything there is gorgeous! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I have seen a few people entering the venue lottery to win the Prism Art Studio, so maybe they'll come this way after this bump..... ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Brighty wrote:
    I tried to incite more interest in this by posting on my page, but all I received (besides Mizzie's message of support) were responses wary about the social media aspect. People either don't use social media (besides this site), or don't want to mix simming things with "real life" things.

But I was wondering, would you accept them sharing blog posts/tweets/etc. through status updates on their pages?

how to convince people they don't need to use social media?

I don't use it and I can still tell about these wonderful items... and tell what I love.....

as I said before... I think that it would be ok to share by ost ing some info at your local marked about this shop....
    make a small poster with some pictures from the shop + some slippers with teh adrees... and put it up in your town... and then you have shared....
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form:
    Name: sunsetsorbet
    Etsy Item I Liked:
    il_570xN.574108171_25rd.jpg
    Previous Piece I liked: https://www.etsy.com/listing/173075794/handmade-beaded-swarovski-silver-wrapped?ref=shop_home_active_15
    What I Shared: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/118149190199791015/
    What Else I'd Like To See: You should do something that incorporates lampwork/flamework beads, because I love them.

I already own the Prism Art Studio & the Homecoming jewelry, so I'll be looking for people to pass on the winnings to if I do win.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited May 2014
    I saw something recently and I was wondering how it might look in pure bead form...

lace bracelet with chain to ring.

let me see if I can find a pic...

http://www.amazon.com/Yazilind-Lolita-Branch-Crystal-Bracelets/dp/B00HH970VY/ref=pd_sbs_jw_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NT9M8JN053C5ZQDRSXC

I guess something like this
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited May 2014
    Stunning shop Jedi, I just opened my own Etsy shop to sell my jewelry and crochet stuff I make too. I am still trying to go from selling at flea market and local events to online so I know just how much work it can be. Great work girl you very talented!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm sorry I've not been around much! Having a rough time with a lot of different things. Going to find out where I left off here and begin posting my replies again. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form:
    Name: ladydarkmoon24

Etsy Item I Liked:

***Picture Respectfully Removed***

Previous Piece I liked:
    Greenish Blue Swarovski Crystal and Preciosa Czech Fire-Polished Beadwoven Earrings - I am curious what they are made out of.

What I Shared: Flower Fairy Cameo Brooch with Swarovski Crystal Bezel
    http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/MistyMary24/media/fairybrouche_zpsd8a45f3d.jpg.html?sort=6&o=6
    What Else I'd Like To See: I love bracelets and necklaces. I like more fantasy stuff that represents dragons, centaurs, and fairies. Maybe necklaces and bracelets.

Hi! I love that you like the brooch! I love, love fantasy stuff, too, hence the name Unicorn Glades. LOL. I will definitely be adding in a lot more fantasy stuff in the future. I already have some raw materials with unicorns and fairies on them. Just need to get some time to figure out what to do with them! :mrgreen:

The previous piece is supposed to be an item that was sold already. Something you can find either on the Testimonial page of my blog or the Sales page on my Etsy site. *Whispers: It makes me happy you like those earrings, though! I really love how they turned out!* :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    klb685 wrote:
    Not an entry...

I think that this charm is lovely. It's a pity my mum isn't a jewelry person otherwise I'd totally take advantage of the Mother's Day promotion she's offering on her items.

Thank you klb!!! The play of color on that shell is so pretty! I am super busy designing new items for my local Farmers Market right now, but hope to have some time, eventually, to make another one just for myself! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Lissykin wrote:
    Thanks for hosting such a fun contest, Blythe! :D

I'm really excited to see all the responses so far.

Mermy, you make incredible pieces! Just to share....this the the bracelet JediAriel created for me:

It's a floral chain with a magnetic clasp. I love it! It goes well with everything, and is always noticed and complimented. You have serious skills, JediAriel!! :)

Lissy! *Squishies*

I still need to put a testimonial up for you on my blog! It feels so good every time you tell me about the compliments you've received on your bracelet!!! When you get a chance, send me your official review, either through the blog or email. I think I should make your bracelet in other colors and show it off on Saturday. I think it would do great! :D

Edited: Ooops! I forgot to remove the picture!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    starguru wrote:
    Entry Form

Name: starguru

Etsy Item I Liked: Fancy Purple Swarovski Pearls & Heart-Shaped Crystal Necklace with Ribbon and Silver Extender Chain

I love the entwined ribbon on this—so whimsical!

Previous Piece I liked: Handmade Beaded Swarovski Silver Wrapped Purple Glass Ornament

il_570xN.571928072_2lk0.jpg
    starguru wrote:
    This ornament is so pretty, and it's great that you can move the beaded netting to another ornament base!

What I Shared: Handmade Swarovski Purple Crystal Wire-Wrapped Teardrop Hoop Earrings

http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/starguru/media/il_570xN571924082_ec1k_zps3c1d55b8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

My daughters love earrings like these, so I had to share this pic with them!

What Else I'd Like To See: I’m a fan of basically anything that has a celestial theme. :mrgreen: Fantasy themes like the unicorns and dragons others have mentioned would be wonderful to see too. And although I’m not one for wearing much in the way of jewelry myself, I do have a few piercings, so another suggestion would be items along the lines of wire-wrapped rings with beads for brow piercings, etc. Key chains were an additional possibility that came to mind while looking at your lovely bead loomed bracelets.

You have some very stunning pieces here, JediAriel! Amazing work and I wish you the best in your venture! :thumbup:

Blythe, I already own the Art Studio, but if my name comes up in the lotto for one of the prizes I’ll do some wish list hunting. :D

I do believe we both have a love of all things purple! :D

I'm so happy you like the purple ribbon necklace!!! I was playing around with some supplies that I had on hand and ended up with this design. It was a bit different for me, but I really love how it turned out and yes whimsical is definitely the perfect word!

I made that ornament with my Mom in mind, toward the end of November. She loved purple and sparkly things and I know she would have loved it.

Thank you for sharing the picture of the earrings with your daughters!

I have some raw materials with stars and dreamy items. It's another thing I love and hope to put some stuff along those themes up in the store.

I never thought about piercings before! I will have to look into how to do that. Thank you for the compliments on my loomed pieces!!! They can take a while but they are so much fun to do! Which reminds me, I have an elaborate one I need to put up in the shop, at some point! I think part of me wants to keep it. :wink: Strangely, I do not have supplies for keychains, yet! I say strangely because I like to collect them! :lol:

Thank you for all the wonderful things you said and for the good luck!!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I saw something recently and I was wondering how it might look in pure bead form...

lace bracelet with chain to ring.

let me see if I can find a pic...

http://www.amazon.com/Yazilind-Lolita-Branch-Crystal-Bracelets/dp/B00HH970VY/ref=pd_sbs_jw_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NT9M8JN053C5ZQDRSXC

I guess something like this
    I think that would look really cool in pure bead form!
  • Options
    CelestiAliCatCelestiAliCat Posts: 1,191 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello! You make such pretty jewelry JediAriel. :D

I would like to enter. <3

Name: CelestiAliCat
    Etsy Item I Liked: It's so hard to pick just one!
    il_570xN.604368208_ev3x.jpg
    Previous Piece I liked: Miyuki Bead Loomed Red Tulip Bracelet - I love tuplips.
    il_300x300.569977407_gxr0.jpg
    What I Shared:
    scrn_zpsf7817b15.png
    What Else I'd Like To See: More broaches and tulips. I also like celestial themed things. Maybe a moon or star themed item? ^_^
    Post edited by Unknown User on