Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kaztomp's Thread for D.N.A. Builds - *Bristlecone Park - pg 17 - for Anettesb*

Comments

• Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2014
    Kaztomp wrote:

... and the archery and the cows and some bees and arcade games and heaps of other fun stuff as well :)

That's just amazing!
  • Options
    KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited April 2014
    ObviouSecret - your build is ready :D

MONTE COASTER FESTIVAL FAIR

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8141163

This is the perfect country-feel festival fair! There's food, animals, archery, dancing, hot air balloon rides, snowboarding, roller skating, ice skating, merry-go-round, hay rides in the tractor, haunted house tours, fireworks, easter egg hunting, swings, slides, seesaws and to top it all off - the most awesomest roller coaster ride EVER!!

Come one, come all - enjoy the festive fun to be had by all at Monte Coaster Festival Fair!

1484693d-fb79-4fbd-9a97-70177aad004e.png

MC02.png

MC03.png

MC04.png

MC05.png

Enjoy!

WARNING - Unless you are an experienced builder or you know exactly how fiddly and time consuming roller coasters are to build - I would kindly suggest you do not meddle with the tracks on the roller coaster ride. I had to remove a whole heap of the support columns in order to fit all the other things into the lot. Therefore, if you move a piece of track which has no support, that piece of track will "collapse".
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2014
    Header_Tickets-StepRightUp.jpg

Kaz, you did an outstanding job with this mammoth creation! I can't wait to send my sims for a day of fantastic fun!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh Kaz! It's Glorious! Very nicely done! I think this Fabulous lot has everything but the kitchen sink, lol! Or is that in there too? :shock:

Seriously, it looks Fantastic. You're coloring and placement of everything is just Perfect!!! Rec'd and Fav'd :mrgreen: *hugs*
  • Options
    ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's just so beautiful, I can't get over it! (^_^) Thank you, just thank you!

Not going to lie, I am a little sad that my comment got pushed to the next page. *sniff* Still, at least it's at the top! lol :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    edited April 2014
    Your Montecoaster Festival Park is great ! :) Great designing of all the areas of it! There are so many things for sims to have fun seeing, doing, drinking and eating ! They will have lots of fun there and will want to keep coming back again and again to do everything! It looks great how you have done the roller coaster! The hot air balloon looks great there. Very nice bar area. The recolouring of the sofas there looks nice, Great buffet table area. Very nice setting up of the tables and chairs and recolouring of the furnishings there. Sims will have fun milking the cows, and feeding or playing with the chickens. The haunted house looks eerie.
    It is a very highly detailed and fun to visit venue for sims to enjoy visiting! :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2014
    Love it, love it, love it! :D It looks absolutely amazing Kaz! I wouldn't mind spending a whole day there. :mrgreen: Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Hope you get a feature for this. You certainly deserve it. :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited April 2014
    Kazstomp This is a wonderful Festival Fair, I love the mix of colours it has a lovely warmth to it. Beautifully detailed a great place to take our sim families for all those happy memories. :D Rec'd and favoured Folly
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you all for such wonderful comments - I'm so happy right now after reading them all - huge grin on my face :)

You are all so generous and kind!

xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just popped in to see a Monte Vista build with the roller coaster and absolutely LOVE it!

Rec'd and favorited so that i may DL as soon as I get a chance :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yukimoda, I have a few questions regarding your request:-

1. Is there a particular world you will want to place this build in?

2. Preferred colours "dark/cool..." - not sure what you mean. Dark colours I understand but cool colours are the opposite of dark colours ie. ice blue, mint green, etc.. Did you mean dark "trendy" colours or do you want a mix of dark and light colours? Please forgive my ignorance :)

3. I will be able to build this lot on the 50 x 15 lot you requested (I run VelocityGrass' "Add any Lot Size") - but I would like to know a little more about the orientation of the lot. For example, will it have a simple one street frontage or will it be boxed in on all four sides by streets or will there be streets front and back?

Thank you for your patience and I look forward to starting on the build as soon as possible.

Cheers!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2014
    I know I am horribly late stopping by here and I did get it rec'd when it went up but I finally have time to stop by cause I just Love the colors and detail that you put into MONTE COASTER FESTIVAL FAIR! DRF for sure! I haven't tried a roller coaster and this one looks to be a perfect fit for so many of the towns! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aww Romagi... bless you for taking the time to pop in and leave such a wonderful kind comment :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bumped - waiting for Yukimoda to check in.
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2014
    Helping you along. Maybe it will be seen by your requester soon. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Helping you along. Maybe it will be seen by your requester soon. :)

Thank you Itsy :)

I didn't get a chance to check my thread yesterday, so the bump for Yukimoda is much appreciated... :thumbup:

xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    One final bump in the hope that my requestor sees my questions.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cemole - regarding your reference to Arendelle.. would you be able to provide me with a link to some pics? I haven't seen the movie and the pics I've googled all seem to show a fairytale sort of castle. Perhaps you have a more specific house pic that I can use as a reference. If so, it would be greatly appreciated :)

I love building older style homes (particularly medieval and tudor) and am looking forward to working with you on this creation. If you have any further suggestions, please feel free to let me know. I will try and post WIP pics as I go - but please bear in mind, I am a full time foster mum to four boys and have one of my sons living at home as well. Five boys makes for a very busy (and slightly insane) life - lol!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bump in the hope Cemole4235 checks in :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Waiting for MINEZ to check in :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hoping Minez sees this and checks in :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm here I'm here.... you got questions?

edit:

we might be in difretn time zones... so with you haveing kids... me being up and down sick.... let just take time with comunication

and if a friendrequests makes it easier I'm not against it ... (not with DNA... ) I just need a fair warning so we don't send me out with a panick attack and no comunication for x days ..... I hope that makes sense... so happy you contacted me first that way it will not be a schock.....

I been thinking about if I wanted a rolloercoaster on the lot.... and isn't sure (I love the lot you made with it) but I want a more rual look... and thoguh a small one could fit the old fairground look I think it be to much... so I think I say no... and let my sism travel to use that type on vacations....
    A hayride (tractor) might be fancy thought... especially if it can be only a fall thing.... if it can't be season marked not as much (then my family will just visit the farm)

basically I got many ideas.... to many... and trust you as a build in knowing what can be done... but like to be in over it.... even if it is just sneak peeks and me commenting.....
    in that way it dosn't matter it takes time... then it just make the build time more fun for me :wink: and lets me join in on it (and maybe even learn)

edit 2:
    checks... yup we on oposit site of the globe.... acording to your about me

oh and pleas say if there is a store item you think be perfect in this build that you don't have..... :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks so much for checking in Anette :)

I live in Australia (Queensland) and we are 8 hours ahead of Denmark. So when it is 8:00am over there, it is 4:00pm here :)

I will definitely try to keep you updated (here in this thread) with progress of the build, any pics I might take and any questions I might have. I don't think it is necessary for the friend request - (I suffer from agoraphobia and have panic attacks when I go outside in public) - as long as we both remember to check in here with each other, I think this will work very well.

I agree with you about the roller coaster ride.. from a builder's perspective, even though it might be a seasonal fixture, it is very difficult to fit in around buildings and other stuff and is also extremely fiddly to build. Monte Coaster Festival was demolished at least five times because of mistakes made when building the roller coaster ride - lol! I will check and see if the tractor ride can be a "seasonal" fixture - and will post back here and let you know :)

My first question relates to the "circus" theme. It would appear that in June (only a couple of weeks away) there will be a new release, which looks like more circus stuff (see pic here - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/753230.page). This build will probably take me at least three to four weeks to complete, so I am wondering if you will be purchasing this set and if so, whether you would like me to add some of the new items to your festival lot? I always buy everything from the Store - I'm an addict - lol!! It doesn't matter if you don't want them, I just wanted to let you know I will be getting it and if you wanted it, I could add them into the build :)

My next question is regarding the chickens and cows. Do you want them as seasonal objects or all year round? In my other festival lot, I had them in spring and summer - but not in autumn or winter (it seemed cruel to leave them out in the snow) :) Also, do you want the bees added as well?

Well, that's all for now. It's Sunday afternoon here and I have to go and do some grocery shopping and start thinking about what to cook my hungry monsters for dinner! I usually work on builds for a couple of hours during school time, when I am guaranteed a bit of peace and quiet :) I don't usually spend any time on weekends doing builds - too many interruptions and sporting events to drive the boys to.

I am looking forward to collaborating with you on this build Anettesb, and will try very hard to keep you up-to-date with where I am at with progress. Please do not be worried if you don't hear from me for a day or two; it is sometimes impossible to get on the computer due to caring for the five boys. Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are my worst days - a lot of running around with soccer, basketball and taekwondo training, as well as counselling sessions for the four foster boys. So please forgive me in advance if I don't respond to a question in the same day.

Take care of yourself and have a great Sunday! :D

Cheers!
    Kaz
    xx *hugs* xx

PS. I will be starting your build tomorrow (Monday) and hopefully will have some pics to share with you by the end of the week :)
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    BOO !
    just catching up with your creations lovely work my dear team mate.
    h2xmsbl]