Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    Aww that is so funny and sad celticgamer, I don't remember ever losing a family member and leaving a child behind, but think its so cool that the neighbour came to care for the child :)

Anthono all in all I am quite suprised by both the animation and the graphics of sims 1 lol

Hi Lanlyn, thank you, i will miss his little golden colour in my tank, he was a beauty :(
    The gnomes attack when you have a garden that is doing good and all the flowers are watered and then the sim uses the perfect garden charm, they gnomes get upset about that and attack you and shout at you and after they each had a turn they will solidify again lol

Well I have a bumper edition of pics, I finally got the beanstalk and quickly forwarded to see if its the dud or real one and guess what, it was the real one, pics will explain themselfs, here you go :)

PhodpvQ.png

pl4lBuz.png

g9OOyC5.png

oTmK8w6.png

gWGmOuT.png

LGIhZBq.png

wADMQ0i.png

vUCs6n4.png

Rh5ChQA.png

W9o55qz.png

khmeLyM.png

TVGYtJn.png

H3eKuiF.png

KQKBVfL.png

tmMAFcr.png

RLJf2bp.png

u7s9BNh.png

KuEvAgl.png

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited May 2014
    Whattt! :shock: I have never even known half the stuff you have posted! I didn't even know they could get abducted OR that beanstalks exist... it looks so much better than the recent packs now. :lol:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    KuEvAgl.png
    :lol: Perfect finale!!

I have loved all of this!
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited May 2014
    Love love love the Sims 1 :mrgreen:
    Just brilliant,thanks so much for all these memories.

Thats Will Wright at the top of the beanstalk, had completely forgotten about that.
    Still think some of the best gameplay in this whole series was in the 1st one, there was always so much to do and never enough energy to get through the day. :D
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks this inspires me to rebuild the houses from ts1. I usually don't get nolastalgic but seeing the bear eating honey was too funny. Memory lane...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    LOL LBell, I had lots of fun playing sims 1, I am not uninstalling it yet, might pop in again soon, perhaps I will find something else even I did not know. I think if we could have sims 1 as it is but with sims 3 graphics and 3d for sims 4 it would be beyond super awesome LOL :mrgreen:

Thanks Lanlyn I thought it was a perfect ending when I saw that as well, glad you enjoyed all the pics and the walk down memory lane :)

I agree Scrapdash and yes that is a young Will Wright giant thanking us for playing sims and my sim thanked him by stealing some magic beans LOL :lol:

I loved the memories MinDtriKz, glad they inspired you to build your sims 1 houses and Claire bear is lots of fun when she steals honey but not when she rummages through your rubbish and wakes your sim and leaves a mess :D

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited May 2014
    Makin' Magic looks fun. When I get the alien-ware computer from my wishlist if it will work I'm going to give it a whirl.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    AiHaou wrote:
    Makin' Magic looks fun. When I get the alien-ware computer from my wishlist if it will work I'm going to give it a whirl.

I know it works on windows 7 computers and before, not so sure of windows 8 but I am sure you can google how to get it to work, it hardly uses any ram or space on your hard drive :D
  • Options
    JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! The beanstalk.. I never knew there was something up there. I guess I missed out in discovering a lot of things from Makin' Magic. :-)

Congrats on your SIMMY by the way! I always loved getting one of those. What star level are you currently?
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry about your fish mcrudd :cry: . It's easy to get attatched to pets, even little ones. We had a white cockatiel that accidently flew out the front door never to be seen again , and I felt horrible for days.

Then I bought 2 new ones and they make a mess on my poor kitchen floor to this day :wink: I don't have the heart to get rid of them. I also have dog, cat , AND fish! I have an upside down catfish with one eye that I swear lives forever. I don't even remember for sure his age, at least - 7, even 10 years. He hides in a cave most of the time.

Anyhow, I have never grown a beanstalk either! I'm enjoying the pics.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    AiHaou wrote:

I know it works on windows 7 computers and before, not so sure of windows 8 but I am sure you can google how to get it to work, it hardly uses any ram or space on your hard drive :D

I'm worried. I have sims 1, sims2, sims 3, and medieval all on my windows 7 64 bit.

But - will I be so fortunate when I have to get a new computer someday. :?: :shock:
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great memories! I was addicted to the Sims from day one and these screen shots are just awesome. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Jonchubable she is a level 4 and a half star :) Yip Will Wright is sleeping at the end of the beanstalk and you can steal some magic beans from him.

Aww I am feelilng a bit better thanks Zorba, its just hard not seeing his beautiful colour in my tank anymore, I have a 180 litre tropical tank, its chock full of fish, but only some of them crept into my heart. I have a big school of 20+ harlequins, 5 ottos, 2 chocolate zebra plecos, 5 glass catfish, 6 zebra loaches one big 12 cm siamese algae eater and my big boy 15cm brown bristlenose, he was born in my tank 6 years ago. Here is a pic of my algae eater and my beautiful golden bristlenose, that is then one that died. He was tame and would eat zuchinni from my hand, would also swim onto my hand if I did tank maintanance

zhqcTYK.jpg

Back to sims :) I loved growing the beanstalk, but never usually climbed it a lot unless I needed magic beans for an ingredient LOL Wow Zorba you must have one awesome computer to cope with all of that, I uninstalled sims 2 to make space for sims 3, and will most probably uninstall 3 when 4 comes along. I will keep sims 1 because that hardly takes up as much space as all the photos on my laptop LOL

THank you snurfles, I think sims 1 will always be THE sims in my eyes, even if we get up to sims 10 LOL
  • Options
    oliwiazoliwiaz Posts: 253 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ah, I remember the Sims 1! So many years have gone by. I only had 3 expansions - Hot date, vacation and making magic. Boy! I had fun.
    rbjwwn.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    oliwiaz wrote:
    Ah, I remember the Sims 1! So many years have gone by. I only had 3 expansions - Hot date, vacation and making magic. Boy! I had fun.

Those are three awesome expansions to have, making magic was the best of course LOL :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Hi Jonchubable she is a level 4 and a half star :) Yip Will Wright is sleeping at the end of the beanstalk and you can steal some magic beans from him.

Aww I am feelilng a bit better thanks Zorba, its just hard not seeing his beautiful colour in my tank anymore, I have a 180 litre tropical tank, its chock full of fish, but only some of them crept into my heart. I have a big school of 20+ harlequins, 5 ottos, 2 chocolate zebra plecos, 5 glass catfish, 6 zebra loaches one big 12 cm siamese algae eater and my big boy 15cm brown bristlenose, he was born in my tank 6 years ago. Here is a pic of my algae eater and my beautiful golden bristlenose, that is then one that died. He was tame and would eat zuchinni from my hand, would also swim onto my hand if I did tank maintanance

zhqcTYK.jpg

Back to sims :) I loved growing the beanstalk, but never usually climbed it a lot unless I needed magic beans for an ingredient LOL Wow Zorba you must have one awesome computer to cope with all of that, I uninstalled sims 2 to make space for sims 3, and will most probably uninstall 3 when 4 comes along. I will keep sims 1 because that hardly takes up as much space as all the photos on my laptop LOL

THank you snurfles, I think sims 1 will always be THE sims in my eyes, even if we get up to sims 10 LOL

I googled 180 litres and that's about 40 gallons. The biggest tank I ever had was 50 gallons. We had an Oscar and a plecostamous. That was a long time ago though.

I currently have a 20 gallon tank with guppies and tetras. Angelfish are my favorites. They are so beautiful, and smart too. But they kept dying on me so I gave up . Maybe someday I will have them again. A friend of mine had angelfish have babies that was so cool!

Oh well, way OT! Interesting yellow gold fish though, I am not familiar with that kind of fish. I've had angels before so I'm not sure but - I know the water where I live is very "hard" so that May be part of the problem.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    mcrudd wrote:

I googled 180 litres and that's about 40 gallons. The biggest tank I ever had was 50 gallons. We had an Oscar and a plecostamous. That was a long time ago though.

I currently have a 20 gallon tank with guppies and tetras. Angelfish are my favorites. They are so beautiful, and smart too. But they kept dying on me so I gave up . Maybe someday I will have them again. A friend of mine had angelfish have babies that was so cool!

Oh well, way OT! Interesting yellow gold fish though, I am not familiar with that kind of fish. I've had angels before so I'm not sure but - I know the water where I live is very "hard" so that May be part of the problem.

OT: I also own Oscars, and they are currently in a 1200 gallon tank that spans our entire wall under our cabinets in our bar room. I started them when they were wee fish in a 50 gallon tank, they were smaller than a penny each... but boy did they grow...

On topic: Having trouble finding all of the house interiors so I can replicate them in TS3. Anyone have more pictures or links to some builds?
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited May 2014
    Your tank sounds awesome, mcrudd, and I'm sorry to hear about your bristlenose passing away. That's a long long time to have a pet.

I loved TS1. I still play it from time to time--even though I barely even scratch the surface of the EPs I have for it. I always make sure to hit the magic town with the roller coaster! There used to be this awesome bit of CC that was a green-and-black shower stall that upped all motives to max when used, but I can't find it anymore; it really made a huge difference in playing TS1, but it vanished into the ether of many computer upgrades. Such a primitive game, but it still has a lot of charm. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Zorba Oscars are so cute, I think it would make a meal of all my fish though, lol a bit of compatablility issues there and it won't be comfy in my size tank. Angel fish are really nice and interactive, but I think a school won't be comfy in my size tank as well, and they do prefer nice large schools. I am thinking of getting 2 discus when my harlequin school starts dying out instead of replacing with another school. My golden fish was a GBA its a golden black eyed bristlenose. Such beautiful friendly fish, his favourite was zucchini <3

Oh my goodness MinDtriKz I would die for a tank like yours, I would fill it with big plecos especially the gold spot pleco and a school of clown loaches, aww wow that would be perfect. Back onto topic:
    I can take a couple of pics for you of houses and their furniture, is there a specific one you would like? I still have sims 1 installed. I could take pics as you put walls down so you can see the furniture and floor plans. Just let me know, I don't mind doing that for you ;)

Thank you Ivinian :) I love the roller coaster, you are the second person mentioning that shower, I wonder who had it, might go looking for it, or perhaps I even have it on my cc disk which I have not installed yet mmm will see what I do.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MinDtriKz this is using the photo album method, so you don't see the whole game screen, is it good enough or too blurry, if its too blurry I can try something else by just snipping the game screen out. This if Mortimer, Bella and Cassandra's house

hIsRHYe.jpg

duOmC5O.jpg

TWBJsZA.jpg

2lStBEl.jpg

CQl92s6.jpg

WGNy6AZ.jpg

eL3F5sd.jpg
  • Options
    turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear about your fish :(. I know its sad when they die, especially ones that are kind like that. People can say "its just a fish" but we know better. When my boyfriend last visited (he lives 12 hours away) we got fish. His neon tetras, Dio, Zepelli and Speedwagon, died due to illness, but my guppy, Guppy, survived. Guppy survived through three batches of ill fish (shame on you PetSmart) so I thought she was immortal, basically. I also got a catfish with him: Lady Cory the Catfish. I loved Guppy and Lady Cory so much that my mother called me at work one day to tell me she died due to paint poisoning (I bought an aquarium decoration from Walmart and the paint chipped off and she ate it) and I cried so hard that the entire staff was in the back consoling me. Not a fun shift. Then, I got another guppy and two more catfish: Gaige the guppy, and Cathy and Contessa Carlotta the catfish. They lived long lives then my catfish died. Luckily, I wasn't as attached to them as Lady Cory, but I was still sad. So then it was only Guppy and Gaige. In January, I went to visit my boyfriend for a week. I left my family in charge of the fish. When I returned, Guppy was missing. Literally vanished out of the tank. No one knew where she went, and when I drained the tank later, there was no corpse. I'm assuming that she was needed elsewhere so she teleported and she'll eventually return (AKA whenever I find another guppy that's a straight, basic orange).

I remember when I got the Sims. I was around 8 years old and it was AWESOME! My very first family were the Snapdragons.. Man, that was so much fun. I never got any expansion packs, but even then, the game felt complete. I didn't feel the need to go out and get expansions, whereas with TS2 and 3 the base vanilla game feels unfinished and unrefined.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi turtlest aww so sorry about your guppy that went missing, I had guppies before and they are real good jumpers, my cat gobled a couple until I realised they were jumpers and made a lid for my little tank. So when I bought my tank this time round I bought a nice one with a lid and lights on the inside, no jumping fish anymore.

The base game did give you quite a lot, but I loved the expansions especially unleashed and making magic, I must say our unleashed pets could do so much more than our sims 3 pets, wonder why they took all that fun out of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am busy reinstalling my sims 1. Silly me thought it was like sims 3 when I can delete a neighbour hood and then start over, yip that did not happen the game went wonky, so I thought mmm will just uninstall making magic and reinstall, that did not happen either, it uninstalled everything although I said just making magic LOL well I deffinetly won't do that again, almost done with reinstall now :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1c91mi3.png

:shock: :cry:

This might take a while :roll:
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited May 2014
    Heh heh! Love this pic, mcrudd. I remember feeling it was a fantastic acomplishment to finally get to the top of that beanstalk.

u7s9BNh.png

Awww, I also used to keep tropical fish for many years. I never saw a bristlenose pleco though. He sure was pretty. Sorry you lost him. :(