Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2014
    double post sorry :wink:
  • RacherzRacherz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited May 2014
    :shock: Really? Ohh im so excited! I can't wait to get these back on here. I searched not long ago over the internet with all these people going on about oh you need this this and this.

As soon as i have it up and running I will!
    edited May 2014
    6FWZkm0.png

This is my windows I use. I installed it and when I wanted to play it, it automatically changed some colours to be compatable and when you exit the game it changes back. I love playing sims, can't wait to see your pics :mrgreen:
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    edited May 2014
    Mcrudd, I think you've started a Sims 1 uprising! :lol:

I was tempted to look for the game over at Amazon and eBay, but I'm trying to resist. I still have dragons running amuck in Skyrim that I need to get back to--not to mention exploring all the new Sims 3 content I've recently installed!

But what fun this thread has been. :D
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    Mcrudd, I think you've started a Sims 1 uprising! :lol:

I was tempted to look for the game over at Amazon and eBay, but I'm trying to resist. I still have dragons running amuck in Skyrim that I need to get back to--not to mention exploring all the new Sims 3 content I've recently installed!

But what fun this thread has been. :D

LOL I think so too, but the more sims 1 players the better, I just love sims 1. I think this thread is going to start getting interesting with all the new/old sims 1 players :mrgreen:

Yay so I am pleased as chips with my Goth family from Sims 1 for Sims 3. What do you guys think?

PByliq1.png
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8232753
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey mcrudd, do you know of a way to play in windowed mode? Or does it have to be full screen? I don't even have a windows button because I'm on windows 8. Geez, would windowed even work? WASD doesn't move the camera.
    edited May 2014
    turtlest wrote:
    Hey mcrudd, do you know of a way to play in windowed mode? Or does it have to be full screen? I don't even have a windows button because I'm on windows 8. Geez, would windowed even work? WASD doesn't move the camera.

I play in windowed mode. You have to make a shortcut of the game on your desktop. That will be the one you always click on to load your game. Then you Right click on that icon and go to properties in the target (usually highlighted) you will see this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" all you do is add a space and -w next to that so its like this "C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims\Sims.exe" -w click on apply and then ok and exit. Now double click on the icon and it should load in windowed mode. Its nice if you want to not exit your game and check the forums. To move the camera you just click and drag exactly like when you play sims 3 only thing is screen does not rotate, you have to click rotate and zoom as well does not work with the mouse, never has LOL that is sims 1 for you :lol:

It will look like this when you play :mrgreen:

iFalPcT.png
    edited May 2014
    Some random pics of todays game play :)

XhPuR8R.jpg

Yfu3Bcx.jpg

G07Shcq.jpg

mGrIJXv.jpg

cvluHaP.jpg

ucH7YwP.jpg

lzGBFBU.jpg

c21a3so.jpg

GD7KtIy.jpg

n057ZIw.jpg

edited May 2014
    You have started the craze again haha! And so glad you did! I had every single one of the 1st sims but now I have to re-buy. I let a family member borrow mine to install and try and they broke it!

But now I defiantly know its possible, eek can't wait. They are by far the best in the series for me. Pics to follow.

Also just for future reference, is it possible to put it on windows 8?
    edited May 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    You have started the craze again haha! And so glad you did! I had every single one of the 1st sims but now I have to re-buy. I let a family member borrow mine to install and try and they broke it!

But now I defiantly know its possible, eek can't wait. They are by far the best in the series for me. Pics to follow.

Also just for future reference, is it possible to put it on windows 8?

Lol sims 1 is back !!!! I am sorry but I dont know about windows 8. I play with windows 7. Hopefully someone can answer you.
    edited May 2014
    Yay! I've always hoped they would re-release the exact same versions but updated graphics, not as a new series or anything, but maybe more of an celebration anniversary thing.

That's ok, just curious. My laptop is getting old and what not. I think i'll see if its fixable, might be cheaper than a new one! haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lq98u3_6JQ That music <3 so many memories!
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2014
    Racherz wrote:
    Yay! I've always hoped they would re-release the exact same versions but updated graphics, not as a new series or anything, but maybe more of an celebration anniversary thing.

I have been lurking in this thread and it is making me think how happy I would be if Sims 4 was a remake of 1 as far as characters, objects, Magic Town, vacation destinations, Studio Town, and general character and cheekiness. I love the original game so much.

Mcrudd, I absolutely LOVE your remake of the TS1 Goths! I may have to copy them :D
    Thanks for starting this thread; I have really enjoyed your pictures and I hope more people start posting, too!
    edited May 2014
    Racherz if you look at some of our store content, I would say sims 1 is in our store content makers minds as well LOL. I love the sims 1 music, and its different in every neighbourhood you visit as well, my favourite is studio town music :)

Hi simmerolivia thanks for posting and coming out of your learking LOL. I think it would be awesome if we could play sims 4 with sims 4 graphics, I would just like us to keep our open worlds though, it loads fast in sims 1 but I think if it had to load each neighbourhood in sims 4 it would take up a lot of gaming time. I would love especially studio town and magic town and all of the downtown interactions in sims 4. Thanks for liking my sims 1 Goths, they seem popular had 50 downloads overnight :D

I do hope more people will share their sims 1 pics, that would be awesome, I would love to see how others play as well :)
  • simmeroliviasimmerolivia Posts: 199 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh I definitely agree; before I got TS3, I really didn't think the open world would matter to me all that much. Now, I don't want to give it up. I'd at least like to see an open-immediate-vicinity with some community lots, even if the game would have a loading screen going to other parts of the world. Kind of like how Sims 2 had parks in the main neighborhood.

Also, I didn't realize the Goths were on the exchange; totally missed that. 50 downloads in a matter of hours, That's awesome! I might give you another one before I load up my game tonight :)
    edited May 2014
    What awesome ideas simmerolivia I would love those too :wink: I think its time for a bit of simming again. I will sent my sim on a vacation, hope it does not influence her star rating. I want to have a look at all our sims 1 carnival goodies now that we are getting some for sims 3 :mrgreen: Pics will come soon :wink:
    edited May 2014
    and off she went on a nice holiday. enjoy the pics :mrgreen:

UQeFmMZ.jpg

yfwAWqc.jpg

oGlaLX7.jpg

brTz9le.jpg

W7P7Our.jpg

tWWox7q.jpg

• turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Window 8 user here: totally possible :)
  • TLC4theworld77TLC4theworld77 Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2014
    OH WOW :shock:

Man does this ever bring back memories, and make me feel old!

I waited in the store in the middle of the night just so I could get this. Now, I let them ship it to me!
    edited May 2014
    turtlest wrote:
    Window 8 user here: totally possible :)

Yay that is good news, so Windows 7 and 8 is sims 1 compatable :) Hey where are our pics turlest ? :mrgreen:
    OH WOW :shock:

Man does this ever bring back memories, and make me feel old!

I waited in the store in the middle of the night just so I could get this. Now, I let them ship it to me!

LOL, yeah don't talk about age hehehe sims 1 was a loooong time ago :lol:
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm a few pages late, but I want to say thank you for the pictures.
    edited May 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    I'm a few pages late, but I want to say thank you for the pictures.

Its always a pleasure ;)
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the awesome gifts Zolt, and thanks for enjoying sims 1 with us as much as we are :mrgreen: I will play sims 1 tomorrow and update our page again simmers, did not have time today :wink:
    edited May 2014
    a good friend of mine Jacqpinks is also playing her sims 1. If you would like to see her pics go and have a look here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.821260391218875.1073741859.144841235527464&type=1
    edited May 2014
    Hi all, I would like to apologise for no pics this weekend, did not get time to play :wink: But as a humongous sorry here is a big amount of pics for your viewing pleasure :mrgreen:

First up look how my crystals have grown, they are getting huge
    yLpo9qo.jpg

And my garden is looking super nice with all my hard working little gnomes
    zUURJc8.jpg

Well Hello mr mascott, my simmy went on a holiday in the woods
    4oHDFfs.jpg

Building a camp fire
    DoCUBAU.jpg

Roasting marshmallows
    rQZp8Ec.jpg

and singing lalalalalala
    yjFyxbG.jpg
    k20UhR4.jpg

Love hearing and seeing the ducks on the pond
    CJVvTT4.jpg

a friendly game of volleyball
    z6NopqJ.jpg

some yummy food
    S8I6u6A.jpg

This little kid came and ate his food next to my sim
    KMA76A3.jpg

Chillaxing time
    qCMRsCP.jpg

NOT YOU AGAIN I want to have a holiday without you obsessing about me
    l89dcnl.jpg
    pPJgFrx.jpg
    U1EvSfW.jpg

Much better :mrgreen:
    edited May 2014
    SimplySimazing and other sims 1 players, here are some cool pool cc
    http://marinasims.net/sims1/objects/outside.htm

and for those of you not knowing where downloads go in sims 1 here is some help
    http://www.parsimonious.org/support/sims1-adding-downloads-to-your-game.html