The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Like the Trailer but...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Did anyone catch what Ryan said when he was creating Mortimer? He said, Mortimer is older...think about that, then he went to the CAS screen that allowed him to add forehead wrinkles, and some lines at his mouth etc.

I love this feature, really I do, so glad they added it, but what does that hint at? Maybe older Sims aren't in the game this time? They were not in the TSM, we used the sliders to make them look older and that was all. I know that sounds impossible to leave out elderly this time because how would Sims age if they left out elders? I think it is a super feature (already stated that in about three other threads) but it could mean we only make Sims look older than each other. What do you think?

ETA: Think about it..'Mortimer is older' but instead of using an aging slider he added line to his forehead and lines at his mouth..
    We've already seen an elder Sim, though. Age detail was in TS3 too, it's just to make adult Sims look older, so that you can make the transition from adult to elder more gradual.
    This. I don't think that was them showcasing elders. Unless they changed the way elders look.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I heard them say that Mortimer was older and I saw them give him wrinkles.

Exactly, Ryan didn't go to the adult age stage like in TS3 or TS2, he added wrinkles.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    @Sweetie as far as we know Bella/Mortimer are either newlyweds or fiancees-more likely the latter..so in both games it means neither of their kiddies are born yet

Well technically they could still have kids and not be married :D
    Except if we go with Sims 2 timeline Belle shouldn't be around at all. Since she had Alex shortly before being adubted by aliens. So it's most likely that maybe at least Cassandra is born but not Alex. I'm going to go with option 3) that Bella and Mortimer had a one-night stand and Bella ended up getting pregnant which resulted in Morty being a old-fashion gentlemen (like those two dogs from L&T-Jock and Trusty) and deciding on marrying her instead of (some other people his parents probably arranged for him to marry).
    This sounds like fan fiction.

It's kind of is fan fiction-but anyone knows from Sims 2 that Bella disappeared after giving birth to Alex so that only at least one of her two children is unborn until shortly before Sims 2 so either a)Cassandra is either a baby or toddler or b)she isn't born yet. Since she's a child (so what if there weren't any other gens then doesn't matter) when Simmers first meet her in Sims 1. So I think my scenario is very likely.
    Fan fiction is not a fact. Also, this has nothing to do with my OP. Please create another thread to share your fan fiction.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jenzup wrote:
    Hey does anyone else get the 404 error message while trying to use this site? I do and it comes up with all this code stuff and a picture of a sim baby being washed in the dishwasher does this happen to anyone else or just me?
    Nope, this happens to me too
    Aside from that you mentioned, here sometimes appear one page about maintenance or something among these lines. Must be a error of the Site for it just being overcrowded by people? i dunno
    But i just refresh the page and it's all ok.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's FACT that Bella disappeared after giving birth to Alex. So that as I have said my scenario even if its fanfaction might still have some basis. So that either 1)Cassaranda isn't born yet or 2)she's a baby or a toddler I'm going to go with Opition 1 she isn't born yet but Bella *might* be pregnant with her when/before the base game ships.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SilentDancerSilentDancer Posts: 862 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:

Exactly, Ryan didn't go to the adult age stage like in TS3 or TS2, he added wrinkles.

They could've already been in the adult age stage though. Bella and Mortimer don't look like young adults to me in TS4.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ezgifcom-gif-maker3.gif
    ezgifcom-gif-maker4.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited May 2014
    They don't look like young adults to me either, apart from the blue eyed blond girl they showed in the beginning.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited May 2014
    CAS Trailer was way too short and froze constanly on my pc. I'm disappointed.

I'm a little worried that Ryan didn't edit Bella and Morty's relationship in cas.

I'm also worried that were going to have to make Bella and Morty. I can't make them look as accurate as EA's version.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014

I'm a little worried that Ryan didn't edit Bella and Morty's relationship in cas.

I'm also worried that were going to have to make Bella and Morty. I can't make them look as accurate as EA's version.

The video is 4:50 minutes, do you think it's that really short?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited May 2014

Yes. I'd rather see atleast 15 minutes in cas but then it froze so much It nearly crashed my pc. I have high speed broadband and used multiple browsers chrome,IE explorer and firefox and all constantly freezing.

I did however like the different faces and hairstyles that were shown. I wish we could get a downloadble demo to play around with.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited May 2014
    Fact: There was a child in the May 4th screenshot as well as a teen, elder, YA, A.
    Fact: When we saw Bella and Mory's render Cassandra nor Alex were in it. Also, they said that this CAS demo would feature Bella and Mortimer and it did.
    I'm positive we'll see the other life stages soon enough. A cute little toddler would be a great surprise.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,571 Member
    edited May 2014

Maybe he didn't show it because he felt it was unneccesary. Every simmer should know those two are a couple, so showing it wouldn't be needed. We won't have to make them.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 316 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Well Ryan referred to Mortimer as Bella's husband so seems they are already married and with his wrinkles it makes sense Cassandra will be there - maybe Bella is expecting Alex?

Anyway the video didn't really give me anymore great info than what I already knew, a bit of a let down, there is so much more to CAS that I would expect to be in a video dedicated to the subject.

Felt more like a rushed ad than anything informative.....

But I did like seeing the actual Guru photos against their avatars..... great recreations!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Salem wrote:
    Well Ryan referred to Mortimer as Bella's husband so seems they are already married and with his wrinkles it makes sense Cassandra will be there - maybe Bella is expecting Alex?

Anyway the video didn't really give me anymore great info than what I already knew, a bit of a let down, there is so much more to CAS that I would expect to be in a video dedicated to the subject.

Felt more like a rushed ad than anything informative.....

But I did like seeing the actual Guru photos against their avatars..... great recreations!
    Exactly. I would have rather seen the different age groups rather than just the young adults. The obvious skipping of those age groups has me feeling like they will be lacking in the base game like they were in TS2 and TS3. Instead of showing the Guru's avatars, I wish they would have spent that time showing the different age groups.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I also felt the trailer was way too short.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    Nope it's been confirmed all ages will be seen from the previous gens
    Did you watch the trailer? The only ages they showed in the trailer were the young adults. Please watch the trailer before commenting. Thank you.

Well that was bloody rude. How about you don't post a thread if you don't want responses. They gave you a legitimate response, what's your problem?
  • Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited May 2014
    Man, this thread got off topic quick...

To OP, yes, I agree. I would have liked to see the other life stages in CAS, and I'm worried they'll have as few options as they had in TS3. I think we all want more clothes and hairstyles for the toddlers/children/teens/elders.

To everybody else, where did OP say she didn't think the other life stages would be part of the game? She said she was disappointed they weren't in the trailer, because she's worried they'll have as few clothes and hairstyles as they had in TS3. Trailer, not game. I think most simmers can tell the difference between a trailer and an actual game, can you not?

*edit because my ability to write obviously had a time out when I wrote the original post
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2014

I, too, thought it was a little short. They could possibly have stretched it out a little more.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited May 2014

I Agree

It's also left pretty obvious they didn't show every section of their making, and the Video was constantly skipping stuff
    And don't worry, i'm sure Bella and Morty will be in the Game as premades living somewhere just like the first 3 Games.

Talking about it now, this Video had so much more potential than what was shown
    They could've explored the other Life Stages here (toddler Cassandra, maybe? Gunther and Cornelia as elders) and the familiar relationships.

I so want them at the E3 to answer all kind of questions and finally break this silence, but any kind of news before (which i hope) is neat.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    IcySlash wrote:

I Agree

It's also left pretty obvious they didn't show every section of their making, and the Video was constantly skipping stuff
    And don't worry, i'm sure Bella and Morty will be in the Game as premades living somewhere just like the first 3 Games.

Talking about it now, this Video had so much more potential than what was shown
    They could've explored the other Life Stages here (toddler Cassandra, maybe? Gunther and Cornelia as elders) and the familiar relationships.

I so want them at the E3 to answer all kind of questions and finally break this silence, but any kind of news before (which i hope) is neat.
    I really want to see their clothing and hair options at E3. Since we are not getting CAS I want the game to have fully fleshed out options for the other age groups.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:

They could've already been in the adult age stage though. Bella and Mortimer don't look like young adults to me in TS4.
    I think the wrinkles are just extra things we can add to Sims. There was more than one type of wrinkle shown. Also, there wasn't a difference in the clothing options between young adults and adults in The Sims 3 so it most likely will be the same for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    I'm going to go with option 3) that Bella and Mortimer had a one-night stand and Bella ended up getting pregnant which resulted in Morty being a old-fashion gentlemen (like those two dogs from L&T-Jock and Trusty) and deciding on marrying her instead of (some other people his parents probably arranged for him to marry).

:shock:

They don't seem like the kind of people who would end up in that situation. But hey, everyone has their stories, including me. :P

As for me (since you guys are talking about them), it would have been nice, as someone said, if they made different generations of the Goths so that we could see what other age stages would look like. I'm not even sure they will make either of their children, period. It looks like this may be set after TS3 but before TS1, but hey, it's early and the trailer was pretty incomplete, so maybe things will change.