Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Minor details I noticed in the trailer

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2014
    Regarding socks with sandals guy: I noticed his socks, too, because I'm stoked that guys will have knee-high socks. It means if we get kilts later (either through an EP or custom content), I'll have knee-high socks to pair with them. 8)

Regarding no swimwear: I'm betting if you put your mouse over the athletic clothing button, you'll see an option for swimwear. It looks like each category gets subdivided into smaller categories once you click on it. I noticed this is several screenshots.

:mrgreen:

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I noticed lots of drinks and pillows on the sofa.

Loved the drinks not disappearing.

good point the drinks are on the table! im hoping that also means they will drink occasionally - take a sip, talk place it down pick it up and take another sip!

kat, i noticed the pillows as well - it looks like the sectional seating that comes with pillow

and including people walking in front of the house at the end i also spotted right before the house is placed on the lot a person walking down another sidewalk - video time 4:19

2wqcsbt.png
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited May 2014
    Pools will likely be a $1.99 download code to unlock.

Lol. :lol:

I did not notice swimwear was missing...wow I hope there are pools.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    More things I noticed:

1. There was a mole on one woman's face, near her mouth.

2. There was a ponytail hairstyle for men.

3. There seems to be 13 eye colors, but none are unusual colors like purple or bright red. :( At least there are several shades each of green, blue and brown; a light grey, and a nearly-black color.

4. The eyebrows are more detailed than they were in Sims 3. You can actually make out individual hairs on some of them. They don't look like solid blocks of color any more.

• Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Did anyone else notice at the house the TV was on, and it looked like Mortimer or a Sim from TS4 that looks like Mortimer (sort of) was on the TV? It made me think the TV shows will be of TS4 Sims and not from the other games this time. I will have to watch it again to catch some things I know I missed, but with the sound down so I won't be distracted. :lol:

It was confirmed already that the TV shows will have TS3 footage. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited May 2014
    wrote:
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I noticed lots of drinks and pillows on the sofa.

Loved the drinks not disappearing.

good point the drinks are on the table! im hoping that also means they will drink occasionally - take a sip, talk place it down pick it up and take another sip!

kat, i noticed the pillows as well - it looks like the sectional seating that comes with pillow

and including people walking in front of the house at the end i also spotted right before the house is placed on the lot a person walking down another sidewalk - video time 4:19

I wonder if they will get drunk like they did in sims 1. I noticed the Martini glasses.

I also like the sofa set with pillows. I hope there is more. I think pillows can add interest in the décor.
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014

Oh dear god, I hope not! :lol:

Penelope wrote:
    More things I noticed:

1. There was a mole on one woman's face, near her mouth.

2. There was a ponytail hairstyle for men.

3. There seems to be 13 eye colors, but none are unusual colors like purple or bright red. :( At least there are several shades each of green, blue and brown; a light grey, and a nearly-black color.

4. The eyebrows are more detailed than they were in Sims 3. You can actually make out individual hairs on some of them. They don't look like solid blocks of color any more.

Cool! I didn't notice how many eye colors there were. This will be fun, I wonder how genetics will play a part in this...
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I wonder if they will get drunk like they did in sims 1. I noticed the Martini glasses.

I also like the sofa set with pillows. I hope there is more. I think pillows can add interest in the décor.

I didn't know they got drunk in ts1. :shock: If they could do it then, why not now??
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014

I hope not, that is something that has been in the Sims since 1 and for them to take it out is just as bad as 3 taking out stuff! I was actually hoping to have even more interactions for pools.

Man I wish I had a pool right now it is soooo hot and I haven't put in my A/C's in the windows yet for the summer.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited May 2014
    citytube wrote:
    :shock: Am I the only one who noticed that the male sims don't have eyelashes.

They do look very odd without them...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    citytube wrote:
    :shock: Am I the only one who noticed that the male sims don't have eyelashes.

Oh wow, good catch! That does seem kind of odd... :shock:
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Did anybody catch a shot of the clothing when it was being selected? I am concerned that we will only have whatever options are preset and all our Sims will look exactly the same. It went by so fast, I didn't notice if there was a color bar like with the hair.
    There's a selection of colour combinations for each outfit. We saw it back at GamesCom.
  • Options
    Vase8981Vase8981 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    if there is swimwear, its most likely under athenltic wear.

But that makes no sense. How will we change into swimwear or set outfits for a pool party?

Yea, and I bet they just aren't showing everything yet. I also think the traits will remain the same 5 for adults and such as before, because in a past video for ts3 they named only 3 traits for each of their sims, plus some people don't have to fill all the slots. :-)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited May 2014
    There will be more trailers, they just wanted to wet our lips and leave us wanting to see more. I was looking for the swimwear as well. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    edited May 2014
    I thought the sun icon was for swimwear. I could be wrong, but I think that is what it's for
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I thought the sun icon was for swimwear. I could be wrong, but I think that is what it's for

You mean the first icon? I took it as meaning "everyday" outfit, but who knows... :?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Did everyone notice they're bringing bunny slippers back? The TS4 version is SO CUTE.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    edited May 2014
    When they showed the skin tones I noticed blue and green. I wonder of the life state is going to be Aliens? Especially since they showed the rocketship. And I really hope those drinks aren't just decor and are usable. It would be cool to have our sims clean up that stuff after a party and feel disgust! I wonder if we will still have motherlode?
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    Did everyone notice they're bringing bunny slippers back? The TS4 version is SO CUTE.

Oh yeah :lol: I loved them in Sims 3, I hate that we had to wait 2 years for them. :roll:
  • Options
    RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello all,

I watched the trailer and like many aspects of CAS, but I have to say that even though having braids and more ethnic looking hairstyles is great, I thought the appearance of the hair itself resembles a helmet.
    I mean, the hairline in the forehead just looks too rigid, or set, and the quality of the hair looks too plastic to me. Also, I am not sure if it will be possible to lengthen the hair, which would be fantastic.
    Maybe it's just that I was hoping for more in this respect, I don't know.
    If anyone can comment on your thoughts about how the hair looked it would be great, please.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    edited May 2014
    JadedJane wrote:
    When they showed the skin tones I noticed blue and green. I wonder of the life state is going to be Aliens? Especially since they showed the rocketship. And I really hope those drinks aren't just decor and are usable. It would be cool to have our sims clean up that stuff after a party and feel disgust! I wonder if we will still have motherlode?

The drinks are not décor. EA even added bars in the base game with bartenders! :D
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    RedMallie wrote:
    Hello all,

I watched the trailer and like many aspects of CAS, but I have to say that even though having braids and more ethnic looking hairstyles is great, I thought the appearance of the hair itself resembles a helmet.
    I mean, the hairline in the forehead just looks too rigid, or set, and the quality of the hair looks too plastic to me. Also, I am not sure if it will be possible to lengthen the hair, which would be fantastic.
    Maybe it's just that I was hoping for more in this respect, I don't know.
    If anyone can comment on your thoughts about how the hair looked it would be great, please.

I agree. It's not realistic at all. I've just made peace with the fact that's the style they are going with and I'm happy we now have proper textures.

I hate some of the hair, but I really like some of it too.

Because the sims feel alive and full of character, I can go along with this.

It's not what a 2014 Sims game should look like. In many ways, it's worse than TS3.

But I'll take it if sims are not robotic, predictable and dead in the eyes like they were in TS3.

And look, a month out of the gate, that will beCC that will make yopur sim look very realistic or like a creepy porcelain doll, there will be ways to make photorealistic sims, I promise you.
  • Options
    RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    And look, a month out of the gate, that will beCC that will make yopur sim look very realistic or like a creepy porcelain doll, there will be ways to make photorealistic sims, I promise you.

Thank you for commenting. I hope the creative artist who have made CC hair and other stuff still feel motivated to do so with TS4. Now, will there be a way to add new CC meshes onto TS4? I hope so.

Also, I hope the variety of ethnic looks and hairstyles we were given a glimpse of in the trailer does not let us down too much. I think the fan base of The Sims franchise has been loyal enough to put up with anything 'half cooked' anymore.
    Anyways, I am indeed excited about the game, I know I am hooked and will eventually buy it, hehe. :)
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2014
    they have said that you will be able to pick multiple aspirations (when you complete one you pick another), therefore it is safe to say that you can unlock more traits meaning your sims could easily by the end of their lifetime have more than 5 traits.

And in terms of swimwear, it's possible that they sun categories can be recognised by the activity itself and therefore does not need a main category.