Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bring Me To Life Challenge

Comments

• Options
    ShimmingtonShimmington Posts: 36 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:
    New addition to the guidelines and also a warning -
    35. When aging your sim (s) from adult to elder, make sure the game doesn't change their eyebrows. I have personally had this issue with more than one sim. You are allowed to go into CAS and change their eyebrows back to the ones they had before. Because this is something the game messes up. It isn't messing with their genetics, it's fixing an issue the game created.
    Wait..Eyebrows are considered genetics?
  • Options
    AllyoftheRainAllyoftheRain Posts: 769 Member
    edited March 2014
    No, lol. :lol: She said it isn't messing with their genetics. You can change eyebrows through the mirror along with hair.

The game gives sims some really weird hair/eyebrows/outfits when they age-up. :shock:
    2v32551.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No, lol. :lol: She said it isn't messing with their genetics. You can change eyebrows through the mirror along with hair.

The game gives sims some really weird hair/eyebrows/outfits when they age-up. :shock:
    Oh, I know. I was wondering if we were NOT allowed to change their eyebrows... Lol When I aged Ashlynn up from a tot to a child I kinda threw up when I saw her outfit and hair..... :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited March 2014

Oh, I know. I was wondering if we were NOT allowed to change their eyebrows... Lol When I aged Ashlynn up from a tot to a child I kinda threw up when I saw her outfit and hair..... :oops:

You're supposed to keep the eyebrows they have when they're toddlers/kids. It will change how they look if you change them. You're allowed to change their hairstyles and clothing. Not the color. Not the shape of their eyebrows. It does make it difference. It made Gavin and Gabby look like different people :shock: . It freaked me out lol. So no, you are not allowed to change the eyebrows, unless you're fixing the issue I mentioned :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:

You're supposed to keep the eyebrows they have when they're toddlers/kids. It will change how they look if you change them. You're allowed to change their hairstyles and clothing. Not the color. Not the shape of their eyebrows. It does make it difference. It made Gavin and Gabby look like different people :shock: . It freaked me out lol. So no, you are not allowed to change the eyebrows, unless you're fixing the issue I mentioned :)
    Oh okay. :wink: Am I allowed to give them streaks in their hair and then change it back after one scene? Like giving Ashlynn pink streaks for like prom or something and then change her hair back to it's original state? :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:

Oh okay. :wink: Am I allowed to give them streaks in their hair and then change it back after one scene? Like giving Ashlynn pink streaks for like prom or something and then change her hair back to it's original state? :oops:

That's something that is up to you :wink: . Just as long as you change it back if she's going to be your heir :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:
    Queenie08 wrote:

That's something that is up to you :wink: . Just as long as you change it back if she's going to be your heir :)
    :) Kk thanks! And I was trying to hint towards who the heir is..with recreating the Tricou's making the Johnson's move into The House of Fallen Trees ect. Because I plan on starting Generation Two when the heir becomes a teen :oops:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    :) Kk thanks! And I was trying to hint towards who the heir is..with recreating the Tricou's making the Johnson's move into The House of Fallen Trees ect. Because I plan on starting Generation Two when the heir becomes a teen :oops: [/quote]

No probs! Ohhhh, I don't know about all the House of Fallen Trees and stuff :oops: I did catch up on your story though :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:
    :) Kk thanks! And I was trying to hint towards who the heir is..with recreating the Tricou's making the Johnson's move into The House of Fallen Trees ect. Because I plan on starting Generation Two when the heir becomes a teen :oops:

No probs! Ohhhh, I don't know about all the House of Fallen Trees and stuff :oops: I did catch up on your story though :mrgreen:
    Queenie, What do I do I have been playing the Johnson household outside of the story and Oliver and Ashlynn have aged up without me getting and more shots of Ashlynn as a child... :oops: What do I do?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Queenie, What do I do I have been playing the Johnson household outside of the story and Oliver and Ashlynn have aged up without me getting and more shots of Ashlynn as a child... :oops: What do I do?

Do you still have the file before you played of them you were using for the story? I would create two files. One for the story and one not for the story.
  • Options
    ViolaGirl13ViolaGirl13 Posts: 110 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone! Queenie, after reading yours and Mosneaker's challenges I have decided to try my hand at one myself. So far I just have the prologue, which you can read <a href="http://somewheregreenbmtl.blogspot.com/">here</a>.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone! Queenie, after reading yours and Mosneaker's challenges I have decided to try my hand at one myself. So far I just have the prologue, which you can read <a href="http://somewheregreenbmtl.blogspot.com/">here</a>.

Sorry I'm just getting to this, life has been busy lately. But I love it! I never would have thought of using that spring to be included in bringing someone back. Very creative! I'm can't wait to see/read more :mrgreen:.

Adding you to the list :wink:
  • Options
    GalacticTides52GalacticTides52 Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2022
    Post edited by GalacticTides52 on
    No longer active here. Deleted my posts and comments where possible for privacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NekoGirl52 wrote:
    I'm planning on doing this challenge, but two questions.

1) I have played Sims 2 for the longest time, still play it in fact, therefore I am extremely used to the Lifespan that game uses.

I am slowly adjusting to the Sims 3 default Lifespan (Normal setting), as I usually set it to match TS2's in the past.

Can I bend the lifespan rule to just one notch down from what you have it set as? Besides that, I feel I'd get bored if I played it that long on the same family. XD

2) In some of the later expansions, such as Island Paradise & Supernatural, all pre-made ghosts are assigned a specific color scheme, depending on the expansion.

My question is, can I dye their hair color, just dye it, if I keep the hair color on a potential heir, should they inherit it, for storytelling purposes?

Like if they do not live their second life in Moonlight Falls, having sharp blue hair would probably raise a lot of questions! lol

Sorry I'm just now getting to this, life has been busy for me lately.

Well, it is a challenge (as in to challenge someone :lol: ). But I can't make anyone do anything. If someone bends the rules, it's not like I can sue someone. lol. There is no limit on how short or long a generation needs to be. One reader started her 3rd generation with a teenager. So I think there are ways you can make things interesting, while keeping the aging. But it's up to you.

You really aren't supposed to, but I guess it's up to the player. My 2nd generation spouse has light blue hair and skin. And my 3rd Generation heir does too :) . Some people have changed things, so I guess it's up to the player.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    No longer active here. Deleted my posts and comments where possible for privacy.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NekoGirl52 wrote:
    It's alright, lol. ^_^ I wasn't planning on changing hair color to start with, I just was curious for story plots is all. It's totally understandable!

What other resurrection methods are out there? I know of these three:

1) Oh My Ghost Opportunity + Ambrosia

2) Genie from Showtime (is that allowed? as long as you use the lifetime points to get it (since it's pretty high up there in price & therefore, a challenge to earn that amount of points) )

3) Witch resurrection (I think it's very clear by now in all the stories that this is allowed, but I still wanna check)

Then I think someone mentioned if you send a ghost through Ambitions' time machine, there is a chance they will come back as a living sim.

Is this true? I want to make my story as unique as possible, & this would be IDEAL for Gen 3 or Gen 4. (Alexander Goth will be an Inventor, among other things!)

Yep, the genie is allowed if you have the points. So is the witch. Huh, I had never heard of the ambition time machine thing before, so I honestly don't know. If you can get it to work, go for it :lol:. You can bring them back in a simple manner, but come up with an elaborate story on how they came back. You can use Grim's doorway (or whatever it's called, I'm blanking XD) for story proposes, but not actually use it. Because there's a chance they could come back as like a horse or something. That would not be good LOL. One person had their ghost make a deal with a demon to be brought back. So you can come up with whatever you want to make it unique, etc :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Queenie, I have another question for you...Would I be allowed to make one of them threaten divorce? Like Lolita gets mad at Todd, for example and tells him that she might get a divorce? Would that be alright?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Queenie, I have another question for you...Would I be allowed to make one of them threaten divorce? Like Lolita gets mad at Todd, for example and tells him that she might get a divorce? Would that be alright?

Yup, that is fine :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:

On top of that, I hope you don't mind that the recent chapter mentions abortion.... :oops:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NekoGirl52 wrote:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/751378.page#11998615

I asked the ressurection question here, & found the second reply that, although it does not confirm it, it does tell me I did read that right about it happening in some games. :D

If you can get it work, that's fine :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:

On top of that, I hope you don't mind that the recent chapter mentions abortion.... :oops:

It's your story :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Queenie08 wrote:
    Queenie08 wrote:

It's your story :wink:

I'm sorry I have another question. :oops: Could I put some of my other sims into the story. What I mean by this is have say Jagger (their baby) marry Juilet on of the sims I put on the exchange if that would be okay. Or to have Oliver marry Gvandoin if they are not the heirs. :mrgreen: By next week I will gladly be able to veiw the poll and see who the next heir is yay! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NekoGirl52 wrote:
    Oh, yeah! I was wanting to bring in my Harry Potter AU into the 2nd Gen like this. Have who I end up deciding to be my heir when the time comes, be a part of Harry's world. Not saying how because I don't want to giveaway spoilers. All I'll say is her child & teen years involve the Mauraders era, & her adult years with the Gen 2 ghost would involve Harry's world directly.

Sounds cool :D Provided you end up with a girl to be your heir :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top