Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    Angella_RosettaAngella_Rosetta Posts: 185 Member
    edited April 2014
    :mrgreen::D
    WoW!!! This Store content is looking amazing esp for builders too! can't wait. will it be a Venue? or Set?

Either way, it looks really good! :D
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2014
    All this arguing, :-o Do I need to put up my ninja pic again to restore peace around here. :mrgreen: JK but interesting enough on the find about the fence being in the Lady Antebellum video I thought it was just me,I watch that video alot and it is very sad actually especially when she is old and grey and he still loves her the same even though he remained young.Love that video :thumbup: Here is the link it is such a cute love story and the Main character sim with the bandana is adorable I actually made her in my game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAg6w4Cwto

Thank you. I had not seen that. Very sweet.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    Puzman4 wrote:
    By the way: the one who came up with the gothic organ idea deserves a medal!! Love it!
    I agree :) Pipe organs are gorgeous! Many churches still use them :)

Baroque Pipe Organ

organ_from_front.jpg
    Baroqueorgan.jpg
    organ.JPG
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi kate!!!!..love the lego version of me better than the real one.Ooooooooh pipe organs :shock: :shock: :shock: Yeah Dizzydee I love that video it is so sad how she keeps chasing her love through time but cannot find him :cry::cry:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    murfeel wrote:
    amjoie wrote:
    Soooo, this means no PC with the venue, so you can pack it out with more building stuff? Sounds good. But then, maybe we need that PC tea set ALONG WITH the canning/pantry set, next month??? Because, jam and scones plus tea is just such a natural. :D
    I just had a totally random thought... What if the Then&Now Manor was the Tricou Mansion and we not only got the Tricou headstones on the lot, but also PC coffins?? I know that PC has been ruled out in this set, but that would be freaking awesome!

Hear hear! :thumbup:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Without giving anything away, I think people will be very happy with what we have to offer over the next few months.

You wouldn't be taking us for a ride with that would you? Like...on a ferris wheel. :mrgreen: You can go round and round the subject (much like a carousel). Just...don't be corny when you do it (like I'm being now.)

Good grief :lol:
    AmaraRena wrote:

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-wkqnQgKxDxc/U1gGFA1BxmI/AAAAAAAAATg/d5QUyr9SxUY/s800/Pictures.jpg[/img]

I also LOVE that clock! I use the grandfather clock from Supernatural ALL THE TIME! Glad to see it'll have some competition now!

I just hope it WORKS this time, EA. :roll: :x
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Here are some close up shots of the artwork!
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-AjvMrSqmwo0/U1gKzhlb9FI/AAAAAAAAAT0/l1rhzKmcoUo/s800/picture%25202.jpg[/img]

Also....could this possibly be....BATHORY????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Of course it's probably not but still...

She was the first one I thought of, too! It's the collar. :lol:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    My birthday is May 15th and I am going to pretend you did all this just for me! LOL

Ah-HA! A fellow Taurus, a May Baby, and you're left-handed....

I know who you are. :x

You're my sister, aren't you!? :shock:

I'm fairly certain our parents have some tall explaining to do. LOL There's actually a pic of the real me in one of the hair threads (not the one I posted but hey you should totally check that one out too! lol) and you should go check for family resemblance! LOL

EDIT to add: Real me pic is in this thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/749054.page
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    All this arguing, :-o Do I need to put up my ninja pic again to restore peace around here. :mrgreen: JK but interesting enough on the find about the fence being in the Lady Antebellum video I thought it was just me,I watch that video alot and it is very sad actually especially when she is old and grey and he still loves her the same even though he remained young.Love that video :thumbup: Here is the link it is such a cute love story and the Main character sim with the bandana is adorable I actually made her in my game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAg6w4Cwto
    Craven sweetie, that video was delightful - I loved it! ...I am a sucker for a beautiful love story :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Kate how come you are still awake :-o then again the time zones thing throws me off.I am having issues with my game,I made a fresh launcher but forgot the settings I used in my old game and have no clue what to do.Grrrrr wonders if I put my old launcher file in will it show me so I can write it down on paper.Anybody know??
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Pamhamlet with all due respect, candy8 *is constantly* complaining about something. If there were nothing for candy8 to complain about, I imagine she would complain about the fact that there's nothing to complain about. >_>

I am quite familiar with candy8's posts. She's not personally attacking anyone though---just giving her opinions and observations about Store stuff to no one in particular. That's the difference. She's entitled to do so, same as others are entitled to constantly express excitement or joy, true? I've never seen a rule that says you should only post positive comments here on the forums. If hers are more negative than most, so what? Ignore it. To keep calling her out on it is rude and abusive. I admire that she has the resolve to walk to the beat of her own drum and say what she feels, despite the personal badgering she gets.

She definitely has the right to post her opinion, I won't disagree with that. What I find disagreeable AND amusing about her is how consistently negative and carping she is. In my head I cannot help but to envision her as some really unpleasant gravelly voiced cranky old lady. This visual generally makes me laugh at her utterly predictable posts. I mean hey, I call EA out on stuff I don't like ALL THE TIME. And I'm very vocal about letting them know what I DO want, as you may have noticed. LOL But I also give credit where credit is due and I get happy when my fellow players get the stuff they want even when it may not be anything I personally desperately want for my own game. In my country (since I realize Simmers are an international community) we have, in law, a right to free speech. But no one has the right to be free of the consequences of their speech. And that's all I'm going to say on this subject for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    DianeTaylorDianeTaylor Posts: 701 Member
    edited April 2014
    Really COOL stuff made a while back & finally found a fabulous avenue to be released, just means to me MORE time for the team to make other NEW stuff to add to it to flesh out an awesome set!!!
    js...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Kate how come you are still awake :-o then again the time zones thing throws me off.I am having issues with my game,I made a fresh launcher but forgot the settings I used in my old game and have no clue what to do.Grrrrr wonders if I put my old launcher file in will it show me so I can write it down on paper.Anybody know??
    It is 3am here Craven, and I am always awake, I rarely sleep. :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014

It seems like there are several files my Grandson opens when he wants to tweak :shock: things - But when I look in my sims folder, the only two that seem familiar to me are: Options and DeviceConfig. Not sure if that really helps you.
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited April 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Pamhamlet with all due respect, candy8 *is constantly* complaining about something. If there were nothing for candy8 to complain about, I imagine she would complain about the fact that there's nothing to complain about. >_>

Edit:
    I still think of candy8 as a harmless sim with the grouchy trait which I myself and guilty of. I have seen worse, more vindictive members. The groans go in one ear and out the other. lol
    While many simmers get upset with Candy8's comments, they do not bother me as every simmer is entitled to voice his/her opinion, and to be fair Candy8 never makes any cruel personal attacks, she simply shares her viewpoint, and that is her right.

Never said she did. If I did say that, or that she didn't have a right to her opinion why don't you go ahead and point it out to me? I think she adds some character to the forum. If it were someone I *really thought* was an azzhat, I would call them out on it. So go tell it to someone else. :D oh, and I'm *not* one of the simmers that get upset with candy8's comments. :roll:

THAT being said, I'm moving on with the actual title of the thread.. you know? A thread about upcoming store content? K? thx. =)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2014

Are you talking about Options?

You can find your screen resolution from right clicking your desktop and reading it from the info you get from doing that. The rest of it I don't know.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    argh.jpg

Oh, sorry. Maybe I need more coffee. :wink:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    argh.jpg

Oh, sorry. Maybe I need more coffee. :wink:

:lol:

More coffee is always a good plan.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Never mind. My assistant just brought me a Big Gulp Latte and a piece of cherry pie. I think this means we have work to do. :oops:

All you Kiwis need to go to bed.

s-Sleeping-Cat.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Puzman4 wrote:
    By the way: the one who came up with the gothic organ idea deserves a medal!! Love it!

*admires shiny new medal* Why thank you! LOL But, alas, an organ would be a PC item so it's actually right out for this Set. But a potential upcoming Haunted House Venue in October??? Why it would be PERFECT for that! *cough, cough, hint , hint* :wink:
  • Options
    jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2014
    All this lurking, I can't believe I haven't put in a darn thing.

AmaraRena did you make those dresses in the pictures? I love them!!

I am so very excited for this set. I LOVE BUILDING! I don't know how I would feel about an organ but I would be ecstatic about a tea set PC.

BTW all of your lovely (or even not so lovely) banter is the highlight of my day.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    vcosley wrote:
    There should be iron railings for the steps also.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Puzman4 wrote:

*admires shiny new medal* Why thank you! LOL But, alas, an organ would be a PC item so it's actually right out for this Set. But a potential upcoming Haunted House Venue in October??? Why it would be PERFECT for that! *cough, cough, hint , hint* :wink:

Been wanting a haunted house venue from day one. The organ makes me think of the Goths in Bustin' out. <3 So if we could get the pipe organ I would like a man-eating plant to go with it. o.O
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hope they post a pic of the venue today, or perhaps a room or two. :D I stayed up working on a house last night until 2 am getting ready for this to be released. Then I realized the house I was working on (I found the link to go off from on the internet that Eveebella posted on page 76)looked eerily similar to the roof on THIS venue. :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    *realizes she has to give the shiny medal to chasingAJ, who actually thought of the organ first*
    chasingAJ wrote:
    Haha, I just stepped on a Lego and had a little melt down and decided to go hide in my office and play TS3 for a few minutes. It was a windshield or something but we have this really tight carpet so it was hidden until my big fat foot squished down on it and I tried to hobble out of the room without breaking anything. I told my husband that the kiddo had better become an engineer and buy her Momma something fancy for all of my pain and suffering. I think that Sim mansions are a better bet. :lol:

I love this set so far. I was thinking that the PC might be an upright piano and an organ to fit the theme. Or maybe a carriage and a swanky car?

*pouts*

But I posted pictures! I get a runner up medal, right???
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's time for a new hint Copeland!

39759847.jpg
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited April 2014
    Now I would rather have something like the pipe organ like they had in the ghost and Mr.Chicken and the rotating wall,than broken furniture,that would fit in with the haunted house,but also other types of builds as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    Now I would rather have something like the pipe organ like they had in the ghost and Mr.Chicken and the rotating wall,than broken furniture,that would fit in with the haunted house,but also other types of builds as well.

I love that movie lol I liked that organ too. =) I liked the whole house, it's a great example of things I wanna see too.