Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think this set looks awful, these are all leftovers.
    And these columns, they are not new like you say it is Store team.
    I hope you guys enjoy tricking all your customers, because the columns are from the Lady Antebellum music video from 2010, that means they are at least 4 years old.

iron%2520fence.jpg

14912.png
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    I hope you guys enjoy tricking all your customers, because the columns are from the Lady Antebellum music video from 2010, that means they are at least 4 years old.

iron%2520fence.jpg

14912.png

:shock: :shock:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2014
    @MoonriseKingdom - good catch!

I think this is how it works (?): EA hires artists to make a certain number of items for cas and build/buy in different styles, and then they pick and choose between those items for different sets. This will generate leftovers, but these items will still be new to us though. Personally I don't see the problem. I think this set looks great!

Edit: Speaking of Lego, I once walked around with a big green Lego door in my bag for a week without noticing it (I always have so much stuff in my bag :oops: :lol: ). When I finally found it I had no idea what it was until I remembered I had been hanging out with my two year old nephew the week before. I love my nephew! :D
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    chasingAJ wrote:
    Haha, I just stepped on a Lego and had a little melt down and decided to go hide in my office and play TS3 for a few minutes. It was a windshield or something but we have this really tight carpet so it was hidden until my big fat foot squished down on it and I tried to hobble out of the room without breaking anything. I told my husband that the kiddo had better become an engineer and buy her Momma something fancy for all of my pain and suffering. I think that Sim mansions are a better bet. :lol:

I love this set so far. I was thinking that the PC might be an upright piano and an organ to fit the theme. Or maybe a carriage and a swanky car?

An....organ???? A big 'ol elaborate and scary pipe organ???? :shock: I hadn't even thought of that but NOW I WANT ONE!!!!

01.jpg

organ.jpg

Playable-Haunted-Gothic-Pipe-Organ.jpg?1370571138
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Kate!!! See that lego girl on the 2nd floor balcony.That is the limited edition AmaraRena figure.If you push the button on her back she bites your finger and does an evil giggle.To bad they recalled it and it was taken off store shelves. :mrgreen:

ROFL!!!!
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    chasingAJ wrote:
    Haha, I just stepped on a Lego and had a little melt down and decided to go hide in my office and play TS3 for a few minutes. It was a windshield or something but we have this really tight carpet so it was hidden until my big fat foot squished down on it and I tried to hobble out of the room without breaking anything. I told my husband that the kiddo had better become an engineer and buy her Momma something fancy for all of my pain and suffering. I think that Sim mansions are a better bet. :lol:

I love this set so far. I was thinking that the PC might be an upright piano and an organ to fit the theme. Or maybe a carriage and a swanky car?

An....organ???? A big 'ol elaborate and scary pipe organ???? :shock: I hadn't even thought of that but NOW I WANT ONE!!!!

01.jpg

organ.jpg

Playable-Haunted-Gothic-Pipe-Organ.jpg?1370571138
    :shock: I want one too!
  • Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2014
    There should be iron railings for the steps also.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Kate!!! See that lego girl on the 2nd floor balcony.That is the limited edition AmaraRena figure.If you push the button on her back she bites your finger and does an evil giggle.To bad they recalled it and it was taken off store shelves. :mrgreen:

Oh look! Craven you're there too in your Chef uniform! ...Wait! What is that red stuff on the front of your coat? Oh no! Have you not washed it since you worked in the Terminus restaurant? :mrgreen:

hauntedcloseupfront-595x370.jpeg

HA! Touche'! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014

iron%2520fence.jpg

14912.png

While the discovery of the fence as something they actually made quite some time ago is interesting I fail to see the need for such venom and nastiness. Nor do I think ANYTHING we've seen in this set so far looks awful, quite the opposite in fact. If they've managed to give us a few extra items because they were already made but not offered before then that's an extra bonus for us, not a failure on their part. You have not exposed the Sims equivalent of Watergate, Whitewater, Bengazi or the NSA spy ring. You are not the Eric Snowden of Sims so you might want to turn down the shrill hysteria a notch. Just sayin'. Also, I'll take "leftovers" like these any day!
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow that was quite a nasty response ... this thread has been full of nothing but excitement, and then someone had to go and say something nasty ... sad day.

On another note ... Eveebella ... you share a birthday with my hubby ;D

Happy Early birthday to all the May babies! I'm a late October birthday, just before Halloween, so it's always been one of my favorite holidays. I'm really looking forward to some of the builds that will be put up after this releases. There's so much talent in this community, it blows me away. I wish I was half as creative as some of you!

Hope y'all have a great day!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes. Leftovers are good if they enhance my game. This set so far all looks good. I just hope there all sorts of extra bits and pieces to finish off the various bits and pieces we've seen so far. Like gates for the fences, and fences for the gates and columns and archways to go with things too. And I'd really like some cobwebs to hang over those new/old paintings and dust cover sheets for the furniture. Especially if it has dust on them. Like those dust rugs being talked about in the Haunted House thread.
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited April 2014
    vcosley wrote:
    There should be iron railings for the steps also.

That would be *awesome*! =]
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    Happy Friday everyone!!!

3853_b811.gif

*goes back a few pages*

Catch up in brief:

* I love the matching porch railings!

* I very much like the new boarded up windows, I'm glad we have three options but...
    AznSensei wrote:
    I agree, we already have shutters that act like curtains from the Old Town Kit, it would be nice if it's the same for the boards, rather than having different window designs.

...I would also like separate boards that could be put on ANY window or door.
    To be clear, not every items has a run down version. For example, the Curved Staircase and the Roof Pieces don't have run down versions, but on the flip side, there are three versions of the boarded up window and multiple versions of spider webs.

I know we have made you all paranoid since we aren't happy with the moon and want the stars as well! I absolutely know I'm part of the problem there since I am extra greedy for build items now that our beloved Sims 3 is winding down.

I hope the store team know how much I appreciate them. I do try and tell them as often as I can. I know how much they are trying to give us what we're requesting and I think that's so incredible! I know it's hard to please us all. But I think they're doing a **** good job of it! :D

* I love lego, but it is super-expensive! And standing on it HURTS!

* @MrHawk... no. Just... stahp it! :lol:

* I'm so excited about those lace curtains! They're so pretty! I know they're going to be one of those things that will just be EVERYWHERE!!! :lol:

* *Steals Dee's ice-cream*

* NinjaCraven scared me (checks over shoulder)

* Oh... :shock: why did it take you so long to give me these blimmin' columns you cheeky gurus!? :lol: I don't care what went on, I'm sure it wasn't an intentional under-hand thing (what would be the point?). I'm just happy we're getting them now. :D
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Also, I'll take "leftovers" like these any day!

This!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2014
    I appreciate your discovery, MoonriseKingdom. I like to know these things. I have always suspected the creators make a surplus of items to be sold now or later (heh--thinks of this set's theme) or not at all, at their discretion, so while they are not "new," they are, essentially, new to us.

Personally, I like much of what I've seen so far. I only hope the items will be available individually in the Store, even if only sometime in the future. As it is, my game is so stuffed, it's got indigestion. :P
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited April 2014
    Interesting. So they're leftovers from the Old Town set.

Glad they're coming out after all.
  • Options
    CHimechAngaCHimechAnga Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay more pics of railings and goodness!

I agree....who cares if what we are getting was made years ago, it's still never been offered and how can we expect the people who develop this stuff to just whip everything up right now....these things take time and planning and if there is surplus then so be it....they stash it away until they can fit it into a set that makes sense.

I personally like when they offer some exclusive item that was offered a long time ago and then "retired" like the Dr. Pepper items.... *ahem* I'd love if they brought those items back as an exclusive item or set, because I never got a chance to get them.

Yeah....so how about those Dr. Pepper Items Store Team?.... *hint hint* :P

But back on topic...the items in this set so far all look great!!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited April 2014
    I don't see what all the excitement is we already have Midnight Hollow how much of this stuff can you possibly use. This theme is getting boring. I hope I like the new look as opposed to the old one. Halloween doesn't come until October lets give it a rest so we don't get tired of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    candy8 wrote:
    I don't see what all the excitement is we already have Midnight Hollow how much of this stuff can you possibly use. This theme is getting boring. I hope I like the new look as opposed to the old one. Halloween doesn't come until October lets give it a rest so we don't get tired of it.

YOUR theme of constant discontent and nasty harping got boring long ago. Go away and come back with a new theme we can all like better.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hint #3: What keeps people out while drawing them in? The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.

iron%2520fence.jpg

Hmmm.... maybe it's called The Forgotten Ironwork Fence because THEY forgot about it???
    "Hey Copeland...what's in this storage crate here at the back of the warehouse all covered in dust?"

"Why, it's an amazing wrought iron fence! Gee I wonder if players might like to have that?"

Yes! Yes we would! Thank you!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    YOUR theme of constant discontent and nasty harping got boring long ago. Go away and come back with a new theme we can all like better.

And you should win heckler of the year at 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :roll:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Hint #3: What keeps people out while drawing them in? The Forgotten Ironwork Fence is one of the most beautifully intricate fences we’ve ever done. Imagine it wrapping around your mansion or as the entrance to your secret garden.

iron%2520fence.jpg

Hmmm.... maybe it's called The Forgotten Ironwork Fence because THEY forgot about it???
    "Hey Copeland...what's in this storage crate here at the back of the warehouse all covered in dust?"

"Why, it's an amazing wrought iron fence! Gee I wonder if players might like to have that?"

Yes! Yes we would! Thank you!

How could anyone forget about something so pretty? I certainly never did.

edit: I would love a little screenshot of this fence in a garden with a few plants around if you happen to have one handy, Copeland! :D But if you're busy I can wait (not so) patiently.
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited April 2014
    Pamhamlet with all due respect, candy8 *is constantly* complaining about something. If there were nothing for candy8 to complain about, I imagine she would complain about the fact that there's nothing to complain about. >_>

Edit:
    I still think of candy8 as a harmless sim with the grouchy trait which I myself and guilty of. I have seen worse, more vindictive members. The groans go in one ear and out the other. lol
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    AmaraRena wrote:

And you should win heckler of the year at 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :roll:

Thank you, thank you very much. :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:
    Pamhamlet with all due respect, candy8 *is constantly* complaining about something. If there were nothing for candy8 to complain about, I imagine she would complain about the fact that there's nothing to complain about. >_>

LOL I actually often find her constant wet blanket commentary rather amusing. Just imagine what fun she must be in real life for the people forced to live with her. :twisted:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited April 2014
    candy8 wrote:

I guess you changed your mind. Didn't you write this back on page 63?
    candy8 wrote:
    Well I think I like this set love the new Paintings.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright