Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    I cannot comment AmaraRena as you seen I took an oath /gag order on the subject.So how about those ponies are they adorable or what................ :twisted: Craven stop...........Ok fine

:wink: That is all.
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited April 2014
    MrHawk wrote:
    So are you sticking close to the original M&G?

If so, we have a huge bunch of Art Deco stuff from Roaring Heights. Are you bringing back the Second Empire or the Moroccan build sets?

MTS_karenlorraine-1332216-01frontview.jpg

B002SMJ414.03.lg.jpg

The fence will make a secret garden area around this mansion. I agree with M&G
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2014
    Alan, reading your replies has made me one very happy Simmer! I can honestly say that I'm very happy that there aren't any new CAS items in this set. Don't get me wrong, I love having CAS items, but the fact that this set is focused ONLY on Build/Buy stuff reassures me that it will be a very well fleshed out and thought out set.

I was initially like "(sudden gasp!) A month without PC items?!" (if that's true), but then I thought about it and while I initially thought that the price might be lowered if there isn't any PC item(s) included, I realized that in its place could be MORE stuff to make up for it.

I'm not going to lie, much like those paintings that came with Supernatural, I am freaked out by the alternate ones in this set. But that isn't a bad thing. My game tends to be bright and cheery and happy so those styled things don't mesh well with my game. But at the same time they (like most of this set) looks like it will fit in perfectly with Midnight Hollow. My Midnight Hollow game tends to be a 'anything goes' style game, to the point that I am even using Supernaturals! Le gasp!

Just today I found a use for some clown things and that creepy little doll that has those eyes that follow you! Granted the items were somewhat hidden in a bunch of other things, but they were still used.

Anyway, I forget the point of what I was saying before I made it, but hopefully some sense can be made from this essay! I seriously can't wait to see what else is offered with this set/venue! I'm certainly impressed by what I've seen so far! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Weealbet wrote:
    Alan, reading your replies has made me one very happy Simmer! I can honestly say that I'm very happy that there aren't any new CAS items in this set. Don't get me wrong, I love having CAS items, but the fact that this set is focused ONLY on Build/Buy stuff reassures me that it will be a very well fleshed out and thought out set.

I was initially like "(sudden gasp!) A month without PC items?!" (if that's true), but then I thought about it and while I initially thought that the price might be lowered if there isn't any PC item(s) included, I realized that in its place could be MORE stuff to make up for it.

I'm not going to lie, much like those paintings that came with Supernatural, I am freaked out by the alternate ones in this set. But that isn't a bad thing. My game tends to be bright and cheery and happy so those styled things don't mesh well with my game. But at the same time they (like most of this set) looks like it will fit in perfectly with Midnight Hollow. My Midnight Hollow game tends to be a 'anything goes' style game, to the point that I am even using Supernaturals! Le gasp!

Just today I found a use for some clown things and that creepy little doll that has those eyes that follow you! Granted the items were somewhat hidden in a bunch of other things, but they were still used.

Anyway, I forget the point of what I was saying before I made it, but hopefully some sense can be made from this essay! I seriously can't wait to see what else is offered with this set/venue! I'm certainly impressed by what I've seen so far! :D

Unlike the Supernatural paintings that change at night these do not, there's just two different versions of the same painting, one lovely and cheery, one creepy. So you get to choose which one you want to use. This makes this set incredibly versatile. I'm actually looking forward to using it to finally come up with something for my Sims with the Versailles Set and it will actually be really pretty and charming, not scary at all. My personal emphasis is on the "spooky" side but i do play a pretty wide range of game styles and I am really happy this set caters to BOTH my light and dark sides! :)
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Well remember that for each "creepy" and/or rundown thing there's a beautiful and "new" version of it with no creep factor at all. Which makes me really happy as well actually. The Store team really has gone out of its way to please everyone and give us the best of both worlds... light AND dark. I can find NO reason to complain about this set from either perspective!

I'm not actually into "creepy" but I do like the worn-down, faded look option.

I agree that there is nothing to complain about as we are getting both beautiful and distressed looks on every item. So, everyone gets their choice! I'm actually excited that this set might expand my gameplay if the distressed items cost less in-game and can be used for cheaper fixer-upper lots for my sims. I can't build, but I CAN REDECORATE, so this set looks like it is going to give me a lot of opportunities to gameplay, if the community builders go crazy and build me all the fixer-uppers that I need (hint, hint). :)

(DnA request thread here I come!!! LOL). :)

I was also thinking that creating both beautiful and distressed looks for every object in Sims 4 might actually make me want to buy it since there is no CASt. That would actually expand user gameplay and not limit it so much like taking CASt away does. Can you even imagine how awesome the Sims 3 would have been if they went this route in the very beginning and gave us beautiful and distressed looks for everything! And with CASt, simply WOW!!!

It almost makes me want to cry at the lost opportunities... *single tear* 8)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    Not gonna lie,my Wheat side likes the Cheery pretty stuff :mrgreen: But my frosted side loves the twisted broken creepy stuff. :twisted: And yes I am a mini wheat.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited April 2014
    I cannot comment AmaraRena as you seen I took an oath /gag order on the subject.So how about those ponies are they adorable or what................ :twisted: Craven stop...........Ok fine

Craven, dear, it's ok I've found some monster repellant.

po1rjbi98g.jpg

But, maybe you could throw in a Little Pony here and there just to keep things balanced. :wink:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    TY Dee :mrgreen: I will use this sparingly because I recently ran out of "Thing in the closet"spray which is the same thing but a tad more potent.I just need to double up.Which reminds me I am now going to go to bed doing a dance to R Kelly's double up.

Step up out the club with a dizzy head
    I got two chicks both got dizzy legs
    Im bout to double up
    You know Im bout to double up :mrgreen::mrgreen: Even doubled up my emoticons.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimpLyAngeLicSimpLyAngeLic Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have to say you guys make me giggle .... a lot.

I'm also left-handed ... and am as angelic as they come ... until someone does me wrong.

I am seriously looking forward to this set.

Edit: And is it confirmed that we get to choose whether our sims are right or left handed in 4?
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2014
    I checked in just now to find out what awesome new thing we were hinted today and okay also to see what kinds of crazy and hilarious posts Craven was making and WOW. Those paintings are incredible (and Craven does not disappoint, LOL). I'm really excited that we get both a beautiful and a creepy version to please everyone. I'm not so much into creepy, but I'm very excited by the run-down, fixer upper potentialities of this set. I'm also REALLY happy that there will be no CAS items in this set to allow for more build options. YES. (My caps lock is not stuck, I'm just REALLY excited.)

Wow, there sure are a lot of sinister peoples in this thread in both senses of the word. Some of those tentacled pictures will haunt my dreams tonight I'm sure of it. I sure hope this is released on May 1. I have already sketched out a coastal build with a screened in Florida room. Woot! My little builder's heart is very happy today.

PS I'm right-handed. :cry:
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014
    You guys are all crazy -- you know that, don't you -- certifiable. LOL ;)

I love the new paintings. Emphasis on the "new." :)

And the clock, too. (I hope it's a real clock, not just deco.)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey.....this set is looking really creepy... I LOVE IT!! It seems like we are going to get two for one on this one....new mansion-y stuff and some haunted mansion items. That's smart ;) I wonder if the now/then windows will show up in CASt or if they each will be listed as separate items in buy mode? Well I would hope for price you'd get a huge discount for putting broken windows in your house ...so for the sake of builders who want to watch their budgets...it would be nice if they were separate items so the broken/faded or run down items wouldn't cost as many simoleons. That why you could create a total fixer upper :D

That would be totally great if the broken/worn items were priced lower! Never thought about that (I guess my mind was stuck on "free" cobwebs in miscellaneous decor...)! :)

I would love to be able to purchase a fixer upper mansion for less than 16,000 simoleons and work on it as I go to its former glory. My sims are always so broke in the beginning, because I don't like to use money cheats. This concept would totally fit my style of playing the sims!!

Exactly Mistletoe!! That is my thinking too. It would be cool to get a mansion for a steal and then fix it up! Although getting your sim to sleep in a really creepy run down mansion until you could afford to fix it up may be an issue. You'd have negative moodlets out the waaazoo! :lol:

I agree Mistletoe and CHi :) That would be an interesting challenge :) I would love to 'makeover' an old, cheap mansion and turn it into a more expensive 'dream home' :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I am left handed as well :mrgreen: Wow alot of lefties on this thread it is an honor to be amongst my people. :twisted:

No way. I am also left handed. Welcome the the sinister club! :twisted: And as I scanned through this thread I see we are joined by some mighty fine company! Sinister Simmers FTW! LOL

Now who else is in the May Baby club? And if you are...can you tell me what's cool AND sinister about it???
    I'm a May baby too.

The bad thing about it is that my friends/family tend to say three things
    1] you don't enter a room, you make an entrance
    2] come down off your throne
    3] you don't visit, you hold an 'audience'
    All blatantly untrue, as I prefer solitude and they impinge on mine.

The good thing about it is the joy from simple things like the smell of freshly cut grass, pleasure in the seasons and a fierce loyalty to those we love.

The sinister side is our temper if we don't learn control.

Obviously it's all about which day in May, that makes a big difference too if you pay attention to those kind of things.

My day is the Day of the Outspoken Spokesperson and to my chagrin is a fairly accurate and embarrassing depiction of me.

The 15th of May is The Day of the Dreamweaver. You share the day with Frank Burn, creator of OZ,and many other creative people, and you too have a touch of the loner.

You fall under the sign of Taurus, as do I, and some notable Taurus people are Shakespeare, Margot Fonteyn, Ella Fitzgerald, and I believe the sinister side includes Adolf 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

:mrgreen: I just cannot wait for this set, I really, really need something to pull me back from Tamriel, as currently I am making a single skill character run at the band gig challenge and it's killing me.
    I find it really boring not being able to explore all the skills we have available to us.

• Options
    Isadoral1Isadoral1 Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad there won't be any CAS included in this set, I've never cared for them, and kinda always resented having to pay for them in the price of a set. IMO, they should have kept to the old way of separating the build/buy and CAS into different sets with another set combining the two. Although I suppose one of the reasons why they don't do this anymore is because they might feel that they would end up giving stuff away with CYS.

Since there isn't any PC that I must have ASAP, personally I would probably wait for it to go on sale. The PC is always the major factor in whether I purchase now or later. The price on new sets just isn't right for me, but sometimes the PC makes me give in anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Ok will talk about unicorns and sparkles and cupcakes the rest of the day.Do not want anyone to have nightmares so please see image below and you will sleep much better.

My-Little-Pony_zps7171c7f9.jpg

Or....

19bbgwj2shnxvjpg.jpg

Friendship is madness... ;)

Okay, WOW, I think your second photo traumatized me for life!

LOL! Off topic, AmaraRena, but did you notice that I posted some questions for you on your build on my contact thread?

Go here and scroll down to "Questions for Customer":
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/559434.page#8979032

You can post your answers on that same thread. NO RUSH, I just wanted to make sure you saw them. This is a huge build that will take a long time, but I want to spend most of the weekend on it.

Back ON TOPIC, I would like to have the layout of the property and some of the structures done before the new Store set comes out, but I think the mansard roof pieces will be really useful in getting the look you want in your house.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    *pops up* Someone mentioned Shakespeare?

h5F21BE2C

This made me smile! :D
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ok not been on for a couple of days...
    Oh look an update on the May set...
    :hunf:
    :-)
    :D
    :shock:

I'm so happy :mrgreen::thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2014

h5F21BE2C

Yesterday was supposedly both his birthday and his death day. Dang, the man even died with a "couplet" of sorts! LOL Ah, how I love him still!

Sonnet 147

My love is as a fever, longing still
    For that which longer nurseth the disease,
    Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
    The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
    My reason, the physician to my love,
    Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
    Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
    Desire is death, which physic did except.
    Past cure I am, now reason is past care,
    And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
    My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
    At random from the truth vainly express'd;
    For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright,
    Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I am left handed as well :mrgreen: Wow alot of lefties on this thread it is an honor to be amongst my people. :twisted:

No way. I am also left handed. Welcome the the sinister club! :twisted: And as I scanned through this thread I see we are joined by some mighty fine company! Sinister Simmers FTW! LOL

Now who else is in the May Baby club? And if you are...can you tell me what's cool AND sinister about it???
    I'm a May baby too.

The good thing about it is the joy from simple things like the smell of freshly cut grass, pleasure in the seasons and a fierce loyalty to those we love.

The sinister side is our temper if we don't learn control.

Obviously it's all about which day in May, that makes a big difference too if you pay attention to those kind of things.

My day is the Day of the Outspoken Spokesperson and to my chagrin is a fairly accurate and embarrassing depiction of me.

The 15th of May is The Day of the Dreamweaver. You share the day with Frank Burn, creator of OZ,and many other creative people, and you too have a touch of the loner.

You fall under the sign of Taurus, as do I, and some notable Taurus people are Shakespeare, Margot Fonteyn, Ella Fitzgerald, and I believe the sinister side includes Adolf 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

:mrgreen: I just cannot wait for this set, I really, really need something to pull me back from Tamriel, as currently I am making a single skill character run at the band gig challenge and it's killing me.
    I find it really boring not being able to explore all the skills we have available to us.

What you say is so funny because it is soooo true! My own father has said of me, "My daughter has impeccable manners. She could have tea with the Queen of England on a moment's notice and everything would go perfectly well... so long as the Queen remembered to keep her place." Yeah, that's my dad. ROFL!

But here's the "sinister" thing about being a May Baby. If you remember your Mallory... King Arthur had a terrible dream and related it to Merlin to discover its meaning. In his dream a serpent came out of his side and bit him. Merlin then decreed that a child born that most recent May would be his destruction (though he didn't bother to add that this child would be Arthur's own son, Mordred)and told Arthur that, to be safe, Arthur should have all the male children born that May put to death. And Arthur did. Yes, yes he did. However, like Moses, Mordred was placed in a reed basket and floated down a river and was subsequently rescued, thus thwarting Arthur's and Merlin's attempt to murder him, though countless innocent babies died in his stead.

So yeah, all those stories you hear about how great Arthur and Merlin were? And how "evil" Morgana le Fay (who was Mordred's AUNT, not his mother BTW) and Mordred were? Rubbish! Personally, I've always been delighted to share a birth month with Mordred. And Machiavelli. ;)

EDIT to add: Oh my gosh yes, Tamriel is claiming entirely too much of my time of late! LOL Of course I've managed to get my main infected with vampirism and now I'm frantically leveling up so I can do the quest and become a full vampire and start leveling up that skill line! Are you North American server? I'm Daggerfall Covenant so if you can look for me on Morna Gawadunen or Panthera Stygian. Right now my life is: Sims in the morning with my coffee, day spent doing school work, evenings immersed in ESO! Looking forward to the end of the semester so I can get MORE gaming time in! LOL
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    You guys are all crazy -- you know that, don't you -- certifiable. LOL ;)

It's part of our charm... ;)
    amjoie wrote:

I love the new paintings. Emphasis on the "new." :)

And the clock, too. (I hope it's a real clock, not just deco.)

I hadn't even thought about it being a "working" clock! :shock: How cool would THAT be??? I'll still love it even if it's "just" deco but yeah, that would be pretty fantastic.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

LOL! Off topic, AmaraRena, but did you notice that I posted some questions for you on your build on my contact thread?

You can post your answers on that same thread. NO RUSH, I just wanted to make sure you saw them. This is a huge build that will take a long time, but I want to spend most of the weekend on it.

Back ON TOPIC, I would like to have the layout of the property and some of the structures done before the new Store set comes out, but I think the mansard roof pieces will be really useful in getting the look you want in your house.

Zoo

Okay questions all answered! And thank you SOOOO much! You have no idea how excited and grateful I am that you are taking on my build! :)

And sorry for the my little cthulhu trauma... LOL
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    What you say is so funny because it is soooo true! My own father has said of me, "My daughter has impeccable manners. She could have tea with the Queen of England on a moment's notice and everything would go perfectly well... so long as the Queen remembered to keep her place." Yeah, that's my dad. ROFL!

:lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014

h5F21BE2C

:lol::lol::lol:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Zoo

Okay questions all answered! And thank you SOOOO much! You have no idea how excited and grateful I am that you are taking on my build! :)

Excellent! I am pretty excited to be building this lot--- it is exactly the sort of place I love myself! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

Zoo

Your build is in excellent hands, AmaraRena. Zoo is not only talented and creative but giving and kind to boot!