Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Now & Then Century Manor is Live!

Comments

• Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited April 2014
    No bear skinned rug in this release.

I've never seen the romantic appeal of a dead animal rug, even a "faux" one but considering how much people are asking for it, who knows what the future will bring?

Ha ha, thanks for addressing this. I don't see much appeal for it either except for nostalgia because it was part of The Sims 1.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    If I had a (faux) bear rug in real life, I wouldn't woohoo on it. I'd be too busy wearing it and chasing my children! Catching them in great big bear hugs! :lol:

I feel like such a traitor to Cat for saying this but I'm not bothered about the romantic side of it. I never used that feature more than once for the novelty anyway. (Oh... this conversation is... I just... :oops: ) I'd be perfectly happy with a normal décor rug. The reason why I'd like it is because I do like historical themes and this sort of thing is good for that. I don't like cruelty to animals so it would be important to stress in the description something like, 'this faux fur rug was made as a prop for the popular T.V show The Watcher (TSM reference) set in the medieval period'.

To be fair, it's something I'd like, not something I need. There's plenty of other things I could request that are higher up my 'Gimmie Gimmie' list. :lol:

I'm all for swinging hammock woohoo though! IN THE GAME!!! Attempting that in real life is just asking for a groin injury. :lol:

And I'm very pleased to find people quoting sonnets in this thread! Makes me feel all proud of old Will. :D And I'm rather partial to sonnet 57.
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014

I've never seen the romantic appeal of a dead animal rug, even a "faux" one but considering how much people are asking for it, who knows what the future will bring?

I understand your feelings. Perhaps a compromise to keep the masses happy? Here are some NOT dead animal bear rugs. :D

ScreenShot2014-04-24at11740PM_zps13f7bda7.png

ScreenShot2014-04-24at11730PM_zps0f9ad1f0.png

ScreenShot2014-04-24at11714PM_zps166b502d.png

ScreenShot2014-04-24at11802PM_zps50d1c3fb.png

ScreenShot2014-04-24at11750PM_zpsc6a8741e.png

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm a May baby. May 30th.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Cute, but I can't see them fitting in too well with my castles. :lol:

edit: SLIPPERS! I keep forgetting to ask for cute animal slippers and I'd love some! Fluffy pink bunnies, cute squirrels, furry gorilla feet, whatever! We have a serious slipper shortage in our games. (Yes... for adults)
  • Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited April 2014

SimGurucopeland,

No appeal for me either. I have zero interest in a bear skin rug with romantic interactions.

Premium content is a valuable asset to the game and there are so many wonderful requests for PC other than woohooing on a dead animal.

However...
    Amara's idea of a bear "playing" dead in order to scare sims by growling and swiping at their ankles! Hilarious! I would by that in a second! :lol:

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yay for all the wonderful Shakespeare! Reading Will, no matter how well known the piece to me, ALWAYS makes me happy.

Now after reading CLP's comments I think I WOULD like a "romance rug" that you can place in front of a fire (or anywhere!) and have your Sims be able to have cute romantic actions on it. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be a bearskin. In fact, for me, it might even be better if it were a regular-looking, re-colorable rug. I'd love to be able to take such a rug out to the woods by a beautiful stream.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    Premium content is a valuable asset to the game and there are so many wonderful requests for PC other than woohooing on a dead animal.

Fully agree with this too. Yoga, flower-arranging, a sewing machine, an obstacle course, jam-making, tennis, a typewriter etc. All this things are preferable to me. When you put it in perspective, I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay 400-500 simpoints for bear woohoo. :?

edit: *blush* I just read that back and... *double blush and feels a bit sick* I'm just going to step out of the whole conversation now. :oops:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Yay for all the wonderful Shakespeare! Reading Will, no matter how well known the piece to me, ALWAYS makes me happy.

Me too. I feel ridiculously emotionally connected to him after studying his texts so closely, I'm constantly in tears! And that sounds weird, but it's like a purging of emotions and it does make me happy. I've always loved his texts, ever since I was a (weird) little girl. Yet, he's still this huge mystery... I'm just going to shut up and actually do some coursework now. :lol:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Now after reading CLP's comments I think I WOULD like a "romance rug" that you can place in front of a fire (or anywhere!) and have your Sims be able to have cute romantic actions on it. It wouldn't even necessarily need to be a bearskin. In fact, for me, it might even be better if it were a regular-looking, re-colorable rug. I'd love to be able to take such a rug out to the woods by a beautiful stream.

Can we woohoo on picnic blankets in TS3?

(edit: fixing quotes)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

Fully agree with this too. Yoga, flower-arranging, a sewing machine, an obstacle course, jam-making, tennis, a typewriter etc. All this things are preferable to me. When you put it in perspective, I'm not sure I'd be happy to pay 400-500 simpoints for bear woohoo. :?

edit: *blush* I just read that back and... *double blush and feels a bit sick* I'm just going to step out of the whole conversation now. :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: at Bear Woohoo! :lol::lol::lol:

Good list of premium content Cinderelli:
    1. Yoga
    2. flower-arranging
    3. a sewing machine
    4. obstacle course
    5. jam-making,
    6. tennis
    7. typewriter
    Edit: Tea set How could I have forgotten my favorite! :oops:

• Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited April 2014

I don't see the appeal of it either, and neither do my friends. Mostly we are just grossed out by the thought of it.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is really a must for the castle builds they need these type of rugs!!!

"Cinderellimouse: I feel like such a traitor to Cat for saying this but I'm not bothered about the romantic side of it. I never used that feature more than once for the novelty anyway. (Oh... this conversation is... I just... ) I'd be perfectly happy with a normal décor rug. The reason why I'd like it is because I do like historical themes and this sort of thing is good for that. I don't like cruelty to animals so it would be important to stress in the description something like, 'this faux fur rug was made as a prop for the popular T.V show The Watcher (TSM reference) set in the medieval period'. "

Evee
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

1000 times this!!!
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2014

I thought I was on the minority for this, so I kept quiet ( :oops: ), but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this. I have good company! :)

Thank you for clarifying on the run-down items. I guess I was getting carried away by thinking that EVERYTHING had a run-down version, which would have been awesome, but, yeah, a lot of work to create!

Can't wait to see more hints (hint, hint)!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Pretty much the only way I'd buy a bear skin rug is if it were in a venue so I would have to buy it to get the decor items I really wanted. And even then, I'd wait for a deep discount (like Aurora Skies - love the Scandinavian items and the new rabbitholes... didn't really care for the hot air balloon).

I'd much rather see items that could appeal to a wider audience and fit in a broader range of home styles, like a functional tea set that comes with Asian- and British-inspired pattern options. Or yoga mats, a walking trail set, or even just more build items. I'd love to get modern & traditional U-shaped stairs before the game ends!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

edit: SLIPPERS! I keep forgetting to ask for cute animal slippers and I'd love some! Fluffy pink bunnies, cute squirrels, furry gorilla feet, whatever! We have a serious slipper shortage in our games. (Yes... for adults)

But think of how much the cute little faeries would love them. ;)

The second pic down, posed like that, would still work for a castle, if the owner had a sense of humor, maybe.

Oh, and childish sims would simply adore the one laying on the wood floor. LOL

Seriously, I think the idea of a dead animal laying on the floor is something a bit hard for people to swallow, these days (in many countries). Even faux.

But those polar bears are NOT sweet cuddly things. They are huge, and deadly, and definitely not something you'd want for a pet. Cute pictures aside, if you lived close enough to a polar bear to be threatened by them, you'd most likely prefer them dead.

I think, that back in the days when it was kill or be killed, the symbolic idea of a man walking all over the pelt of a bear was a big moral booster, and a testimony to a man's ability to overcome great odds. Those who were brave enough, clever enough, and agile enough to kill one of the monster bears really did have a right to boast of their prowess by laying the thing out in front of a fireplace, to warm their toes.

All that is lost on us, these days. It takes no bravery, cleverness, or agility to point an automatic weapon in a bears direction and blow away their life. So it seems rather pointless to display the result. Because no one likes unfair odds that smack of a bully on the block.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

1000 times this!!!

Looking at all of the responses posted here today, it is clear that many of us were simply being polite by not voicing our opinion on the romantic bear skin rug as premium content.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would rather have a table and some chairs, perhaps a diner booth, with cute romantic interactions like playing footsie, eating off each other's plates, blowing kisses, toasting etc. than the bear woohoo, but if the bear would growl and bite as well - sure why not.

High on my wish list are yoga, flower-arranging, jam-making and a tea/(coffee) set that we can use with all the harvestables, including the herbs from the uni-ep.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

"Bear woohoo!" *dies laughing* I was gonna start cracking "furry" jokes but fear Cinderelli would be scarred for life! So THIS TIME I'll restrain myself! LOL
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited April 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:
    I would rather have a table and some chairs, perhaps a diner booth, with cute romantic interactions like playing footsie, eating off each other's plates, blowing kisses, toasting etc. than the bear woohoo, but if the bear would growl and bite as well - sure why not.

High on my wish list are yoga, flower-arranging, jam-making and a tea/(coffee) set that we can use with all the harvestables, including the herbs from the uni-ep.

A diner booth would be great! I do miss those from TS2. You can kind of fake it with sectional sofas and a coffee table but it's not the same as a full restaurant experience.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:

But think of how much the cute little faeries would love them. ;)

The second pic down, posed like that, would still work for a castle, if the owner had a sense of humor, maybe.

Oh, and childish sims would simply adore the one laying on the wood floor. LOL

Seriously, I think the idea of a dead animal laying on the floor is something a bit hard for people to swallow, these days (in many countries). Even faux.

But those polar bears are NOT sweet cuddly things. They are huge, and deadly, and definitely not something you'd want for a pet. Cute pictures aside, if you lived close enough to a polar bear to be threatened by them, you'd most likely prefer them dead.

I think, that back in the days when it was kill or be killed, the symbolic idea of a man walking all over the pelt of a bear was a big moral booster, and a testimony to a man's ability to overcome great odds. Those who were brave enough, clever enough, and agile enough to kill one of the monster bears really did have a right to boast of their prowess by laying the thing out in front of a fireplace, to warm their toes.

All that is lost on us, these days. It takes no bravery, cleverness, or agility to point an automatic weapon in a bears direction and blow away their life. So it seems rather pointless to display the result. Because no one likes unfair odds that smack of a bully on the block.

I don't mind hunting...if you are going to EAT what you kill. But hunting for "trophies" just makes we want to mount the "hunter's" head on MY wall. :evil:

Also, I DO think well done faux fur is cool because to me that is a tribute to the animal's beauty WITHOUT hurting it. And yes, I wear leather. But I eat cows so why let the hide go to waste???
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    RoseRidge wrote:

1000 times this!!!

Looking at all of the responses posted here today, it is clear that many of us were simply being polite by not voicing our opinion on the romantic bear skin rug as premium content.

Isn't that true about most suggestions? We don't usually like to rain on someone's parade, after all.

For myself, I know a bear skin rug would look nice in castles. But there are sooooo many medieval PC things I still want. Like a scribe book writing station. A butter churn. A mortar/pestle that acts like a food processor. A spinning wheel and loom. A blacksmith shop. A stage where sims can recite soliloquies or do a dramatic rendition, while dressed in costume -- giving the same benefits as a TV. Sword fighting. Oh, I could go on and on. I think any one of those would be of more benefit to a castle life than a bear skin rug.

• Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited April 2014
    To be clear, not every items has a run down version. For example, the Curved Staircase and the Roof Pieces don't have run down versions, but on the flip side, there are three versions of the boarded up window and multiple versions of spider webs.

As for the stairs, there are quite a few nice rundown wood patterns that would take care of that! As for the roof pieces, if they are castable, then the same magic can be worked on them! :wink:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    hunting for "trophies" just makes we want to mount the "hunter's" head on MY wall. :evil:
    I would turn into Emmie if I met one of those "hunters" :evil:
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited April 2014

I don't know about the "romantic" side of it either, but I would just really like some "faux" animal rugs for decorating purposes (bear, zebra etc.). I am currently working on a "Traveler's Retreat: build, and a faux animal rug would be perfect!

Edit: I really don't know how to spell today!! :?
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    RoseRidge wrote:
    RoseRidge wrote:

1000 times this!!!

Isn't that true about most suggestions? We don't usually like to rain on someone's parade, after all.

For myself, I know a bear skin rug would look nice in castles. But there are sooooo many medieval PC things I still want. Like a scribe book writing station. A butter churn. A mortar/pestle that acts like a food processor. A spinning wheel and loom. A blacksmith shop. A stage where sims can recite soliloquies or do a dramatic rendition, while dressed in costume -- giving the same benefits as a TV. Sword fighting. Oh, I could go on and on. I think any one of those would be of more benefit to a castle life than a bear skin rug.

I completely agree! It is just a matter of priorities for each person as to what they enjoy in their game. Everything you listed would be terrific!

I still want everything from Sims Medieval added to my Sims 3 game including the world. :mrgreen: