Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited April 2014
    Advanced results for Venus Luxe!

oXseashellXo
    Your spa build feel very natural, with all the wood work. I love how you even put some detail woodwork in the ceiling. Nice detail. The glass structure really is interesting. Looks funky! All the treatment solutions are so clever! You managed to get almost everything in. Even mani/pedi. Great job. My favourite part are those 2 chairs at the entry. They look so inviting.
    A suggestion would be: a nice seating area under the pergola’s would have really finished it off. In my opinion.

Masajo
    Lovely serene build Masajo. The Asian look adds to the tranquillity of the whole. I love how you made all the area’s in different buildings. It looks so high end too. The colour combinations really make it feel light and bright. A tip I would give you, is the layout. General it is great! But I noticed the meditation area being in the front, which might be a bit busy when people are entering and leaving the building or arriving by car. Just a thought.

Linday
    Awesome build. It looks so high end, clean and fresh. I would love to spend a day there. The whole interior really matches the exterior. It looks airy and bright. I love all the décor you have used. It really fills up the place without it making feel cluttered. A suggestion, I can’t really pinpoint what it is, but I feel like something is missing in the front. Maybe a colourful plant? Or a sculpture. A focus point I guess.

ArikaB
    Great build! The Asian architecture looks really neat. I love the little working! Café you made. Awesome details in everything. An appointment book, the showers. Lockers, a natural pool. There are some area’s though that look a bit dark. For example the seating on the deck in the back. Maybe some lights (even buydebug) would have helped to lighten it up a bit.

Suepea
    Such a grand build! Amazing you could pull that off with the budget! (though you didn’t mention the final costs, I’m guessing here) and that split level work. Love that you added an area for childcare. Gives the mommies and daddies a care free day. Those pedicure stations! Such a creative way. A suggestion would be to watch out with narrow corridors for routing problems.

First place goes to!

Linday!

And the optional challenge winner is!!

ArikaB!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2014
    ISHTARJMD wrote:
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR Venus Luxe

Second place goes to…
    Gmcrozier!

The winner is…
    Zukidook!
    Who won the optional challenge for intermediate?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2014
    Beginner Results : Megami Market Pt 1 : 240-241

SimminGirl
    I like the pattern on the sofas. It is CASt'd perfectly for elderly ladies. The outdoor, floral and butterfly patterns and colors you used in the bedrooms are perfect for two ladies with green thumbs. Your use of terrain paint is really nice. I like the unique shape of your green house. I like that all of your pictures are well lit. Overall, your build is really pretty and well done.

SUGGESTIONS: The carpets in the bedrooms would have worked better had they been textured. You had about 400 simoleons left. I wish you would have used these to add more plants to the yard. It is a little barren in between the house and cows.

dducknbelle
    I really like the combo of the exterior blue siding and the green shutters. The living room has nice wall art. The wall paper in the bathroom is very lovely. Your use of flower terrain paint is really nice. I like how you placed
    the clothes drying rack over the walking path. Your build is real lovely with plenty of garden space and light, relaxing indoor spaces.

SUGGESTIONS: In the kitchen, I would have liked to see something on the walls. I wish there was terrain paint under the trees in the orchard.

MimiLuvsPJO
    All of the plants and trees in front of the home adds a lot of curb appeal to the build. I like that you have two green houses, plus plants not in green houses. The sisters are going to be kept busy! The overall layout of the build and landscape is really great. Your entryway looks really realistic and wonderful. The details in the kitchen are wonderful. The bedrooms are both really nice. Your build is really charming with many great details.

SUGGESTIONS: I would have liked to see some dirt or flower terrain paint under the flowers and trees in front of the house. It would be nice if you could label some of your pictures; it really helps with judging. Thank you! No curtains? I would have liked to see more wall art in some of the rooms; especially the blue bedroom.

Shesgotstyle19
    I like that you built your own cow pen. Your use of terrain paint is great. I love all the trees you added to the landscape. The layout of the interiors is nice and simple, perfect for the two sisters. The bathroom is well done; I really like
    all of the decor items you used in it. Overall your build is very lovely.

SUGGESTIONS: I would have liked to see plants in the green house. If you turn on testingcheatsenabled and then buydebug, you get the option of placing fruit trees and veggies. I would have liked to see more wall art in the green bedroom.

PurpleLotus93
    Your architecture is nice. I like that you built a barn for the cows. Your landscape is great; great use of terrain paint. And I like that you added so many plants! Your interiors are really pretty. I really like the bathroom. Your orchards and outdoor garden is really nice. The rose garden is a great addition! I really like your build! It is lovely with lots of great outdoor areas for the sisters to enjoy!

SUGGESTIONS: I would have liked to see terrain paint under the hydrangeas on the side of the house. No curtains? I would have liked to see some terrain paint around the pond.

lLyricsAngel
    Your architecture is really pretty. Your landscape is very lovely. Your use of terrain paint is nice. Your green house is lovely. The kitchen is really nice. I like the wall covering and colors you went with. I really like that you added a fish tank! The wall art in the bathroom is a great touch. The bedrooms are really pretty. Your build is really great with lots of wonderful details.

SUGGESTIONS: I would suggest using a third party site for uploading pictures such as Photobucket or Googgle+. I would have liked to see you fill the landscape up with more flowers and plants since the sisters are gardeners. I would have liked to see more art work in the bedrooms. And please be sure to add an overhead picture next time so I can easily see the layout of the home. Thank you!

And The Winners Are...

2nd Place...
    MimiLuvsPJO

1st Place...
    PurpleLotus93

Option Challenger Winner Is...
    lLyricsAngel
  • Options
    MimiLuvsPJOMimiLuvsPJO Posts: 19
    edited April 2014
    Yay! Second place! I'll try put more curtains next time, but as for the wall art in the bedroom, I didn't see the point, as Persephone is blind and it's hard to describe art.
  • Options
    PurpleLotus93PurpleLotus93 Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you! I agree curtains would have definitely looked nice with all the windows but I was already over budget. I love doing residential lots however these community lots like the market I'm working on now is a bit tough.
    Yay! I can't believe I got first with only my second build. :D
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Yippie!!! Congrats Everyone :D
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE 240-241

☆RachelShennan☆
    This is such a cute little build, good placement of the lot to the rear of the lot to maximise the space for the farm around it. The exterior looks a little busy, too much stone pattern can be a little overwhelming, try and use complimenting exterior treatments to break the lines up a little. Your landscaping is well thought out and the little pond is a great addition. Your interiors feel a little bland to me, I know the budget was tight, but try and make use of the cheaper wall treatments to add interest to your rooms, that green is lovely, but throughout the house is too much! It's great that you got the green house attached to the main house. My favourite area of this build is that kitchen, it's interesting and well thought out with some really great use of the CASt system.

☆folala☆
    You have certainly got the brief spot on with your build! Your main house sits nicely on the side of the lot, and it's great that the driveway leads up to it and the barn. I wonder at the expense of the barn though, could you have made better use of the money on the rest of the home?? Your log style exterior works well, however, I am not 100% percent convinced on those roof lines, especially the barn that backs onto the second greenhouse. But I do like how you attached the green house to the main build. Your interiors feel a little bland in some areas, I think a little pop of colour here or there could have really helped make the place feel warmer and more lived in. Don't forget to CASt EVERYTHING! Those rugs in the bathroom look totally out of place in my opinion. Some of your screenshots look a little dark to me, don't forger about those wonderful free 'buydebug' lights! My favourite area of this home is that outdoor kitchen area, such a great idea!

☆gmcrozier☆
    This is such a charming little lot, I am incredibly impressed with how much you managed to get into the home on such a teeny budget! The exterior works well, and the roof line is well done, however, I feel that you could have CASt that small fence white to match the rest of the house. Your landscaping looks lush and natural, great use of the terrain paints and sculpture tools. And I just love that little livestock pen you built, ingenious! Your pond looks lovely and inviting, but that picnic bench stands out a little, again, I wish you had CASt it to have it blend with the rest of the house. Your layout is well thought out and your object choices and placement are good, I feel that that blue bedroom is maybe just a little masculine... The bathroom loooks good, but again there are a couple of items which stand out, that had they been CASt to match, would have helped tie the whole room together... My favourite part of this build is your little pond area, it is so well designed and executed, I can just imagine sitting down and listening to the sounds of nature passing me by...

Optional challenge: Thank you for letting me get to know Gin and Persephone, their traits seem perfect for this challenge! As do their clothing selections, and they certainly seem to be enjoying their new home. Aelfric looks like a bit of a handful, but it's great that Persephone is regaining some of her independence,although it might have helped to have a pet bed around and about the place, or maybe a dog house...

☆VannaRed☆
    What a charming inspiration for a build! And you certainly managed to get that look into your lot. There are a couple of things I am not so sure about out here. First, is that really tall roof at the back of the house, I think something a little shallower would have looked less out of place. The second is how you attached the greenhouse to the main house, that valley seems awfully deep. The exterior treatments you have chosen perfectly compliment the style of build, as does the landscaping around it, which I have to add, has been wonderfully finished! I am amazed at the amount of things you managed to include on such a tiny budget :O Your interiors perfectly match the rustic styling of the exterior and you have made some excellent use of the CASt system. It would have been nice to have seen a little more of the interior of your build, and maybe you could have CASt the interior of the windows so that they blended better with the palette you used inside. My favourite part of your lot is the way you have organised the farm area, it's so well thought out!

Optional Challenge: What an awesome back story! It was lovely to see Xantha and David helping the girls out. Gin and Persephone certainly seems to have made themselves at home, they'll have to watch that fireplace a little more closely in future though :O

☆paneinger☆
    I love this more modern take on the brief, it's such interesting architecture and great use of the skylights! The roof line looks great, it adds so much interest. The landscaping looks natural, but a little higgledy-piggledy in places, it doesn't really seem to flow, I think you could have made more use of terrain painting out here. The interior palette is lovely and calming, and you have made some great object choices and your placement works well, I can't help wondering if you needed all of that CC though... Really think about your room sizes, the greenhouse areas feels quite sparse, whereas the bedrooms feel incredibly cluttered. My favourite part of this build is that gorgeous bathroom, so soothing...

☆Suzieqz420☆
    This is a charming country style build, the architecture really suits the style you have chosen, that red log wall treatment feels a little bright, but that is just personal preference on my part. Your roof lines look ok, apart from where you have that attached garage, I would have been tempted to carry on the horizontal line from the main house. The landscaping is really well done, you have made some really great use of terrain paints, but it's a real shame you didn't CASt the exterior doors and windows to match the rest of the build. The same goes for inside, you have a really good eye for object placement and choice, but it feels very mis-matched where nothing has been CAS't to match. You've done a great job with the layout and have fulfilled the brief perfectly.

Optional Challenge: The girls look to have settled into their new home well! It was great to find out a little more about them, although, I think they need to be more careful when it comes to keeping their bees ;)

☆_Princess_Natasha_ ☆
    I like the front of your build, but it would have been nice to have seen some more shots of the architecture of the rest... However, I can't help thinking that it feels very modern in comparison to the rest of the very lovely, traditional landscaping. Your use of terrain paints is amazing, those paths look so natural and that pond is a great addition. Your layout is perfect for this challenge, simple to navigate and well thought out. Your interior palette's work incredibly well together and your eye for detail with all the clutter is amazing, it looks so very homely and lived in. My favourite part of this build is your open plan living area, it looks so comfy and cosy!

☆MrzNSmith
    The architecture of this lot is lovely, simple yet very effective with the wall treatments you have chosen. Your roof line works well, especially with that lovely little porch area over the front door. Your landscaping looks natural, yet there is a good order to it, it's all very well laid out, with some awesome use of the terrain painting tools, it does feel a little 'flat' though and it's a shame you weren't able to get your wonderful greenhouse attached to the main house... Your layout is well thought out for this challenge and meets the brief well. Your interiors feel a little 'overdone' in places though, that bright red patterned carpet you have chosen overwhelms everything else in that area. You have a great eye for object choice and placement and you have used CASt tools well. I have two favourite areas in your build, the first is your kitchen, it's bright, yet not in your face and I love how you have used that dresser to simulate extra worktop space! The second is that gorgeous Jack & Jill bathroom, so mindful in consideration of the brief.

Optional Challenge: Gin and Persephone look right at home in Whispering Orchard Farm and I think the traits you have chosen fit them well.

☆Redkitty☆
    What a charming home, although the build is very simple, your roof line adds great interest. Your landscaping looks lovely and in keeping with the style of your build and I really like how you have used CASt to get the building to blend with it's surroundings. That idea of having an outdoor shower to wash up before heading in from a hard days work is a great touch. Your interiors are again simple, yet well executed, the palette's blend well together, but try and make more of your object choices and placement, I know the budget was very tight, but a little clutter would have made the build feel more lived in and homey. A couple of your shots feel very dark as well, you might consider using buy-debug lighting in such dark spaces. Your layout is well thought out, considering the scope of the challenge. My favourite part of your build is that beautifully elegant greenhouse to the rear of the home, it really helps add curb appeal.

☆MaryKup☆
    I see what you were trying to achieve with this build, unfortunately the roof lines spoil the affect for me. It is very unnatural to have such deep valleys in the roof at the centre of a home, I think had you had one continuous line from front to back and than added another roof so that it merged with the main roof and dragged it out to cover those two peaks it would have looked much more natural. You have made some really good use of terrain paints, however, your paths feel very forced and unnatural, try working with the smaller brushes set on diffuse to add some blending to your terrains. The greenhouse attaches well to the main house, making it feel very much part of the build, which is great. Your interior palette is very fresh and clean, and the blends well, throughout the home. While you have made some good use of the CASt tool, there are some objects that seem to have been overlooked, some windows and doors that have their original colour and texture, that had they been CASt to match, would have helped really bring this build together. You have a great eye for object choices and placement and my favourite part of your open plan living area really showcases this!

☆iampes23☆
    Such a charming country style build and the landscaping blends perfectly with the architectural style! You have done a wonderful job with the roof, giving that 'boxy' shape more interest. I really liked how you managed to attach that greenhouse to the main house. You have put so much thought into each aspect of the build, from the layout of the interiors and landscaping to the textures and such used in the interiors. Some wonderful use of CASt in here as well, although, those full length windows from the living area into the greenhouse could have used a different colour and maybe a wooden texture... And although the interiors feel a little overbearing to me, with all those different patterns, they certainly give that old cottagey feel. My favourite part of your build for me is that little boat being used as a planter, such an ingenious idea and one that this simmer, may just have to 'borrow'.

Wow - there were some truly amazing builds within this category for this challenge and I had a really tough time picking a winner, but never the less....

Honorable mention goes to: gmcrozier

Third place goes to: VannaRed

Second Place goes to: Redkitty and iampes23

Which makes the winner: _Princess_Natasha_

GardensEdgeCover.jpg?t=1396271618

Congrats to all of you!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And the optional challenge was won jointly by gmcrozier and VannaRed!!
  • Options
    ALlewelynJonesALlewelynJones Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2014

SUGGESTIONS: In the kitchen, I would have liked to see something on the walls. I wish there was terrain paint under the trees in the orchard.

Shesgotstyle19
    I like that you built your own cow pen. Your use of terrain paint is great. I love all the trees you added to the landscape. The layout of the interiors is nice and simple, perfect for the two sisters. The bathroom is well done; I really like

SUGGESTIONS: I would have liked to see plants in the green house. If you turn on testingcheatsenabled and then buydebug, you get the option of placing fruit trees and veggies. I would have liked to see more wall art in the green bedroom.

thank you so much for the feedback i actually was going to put plants in the ggreenhouse but i forgot. Will remember for next time i am building a green house. Yes more decoration would have been good i was struggling with the budget with that though.. Thanks again.
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.
    Other games may appear from time to time to!

https://www.youtube.com/user/CalienteLlama

• Options
    edited April 2014

Shesgotstyle19

thank you so much for the feedback i actually was going to put plants in the ggreenhouse but i forgot. Will remember for next time i am building a green house. Yes more decoration would have been good i was struggling with the budget with that though.. Thanks again.
    Join me for fun on my YouTube Channel where I create Let's Plays, CAS and build videos.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you, Faith! Congrats everyone! We are a talented bunch!

Shesgotstyle19 - Just try to use the cheapest decor you have in game and CAS it to work with your build. If you place all big items and have no money for the small ones, try to find cheaper versions of the big items. It just takes some getting used to but you have a lot of talent and I look forward to seeing more builds by you!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

☆VannaRed☆
    What a charming inspiration for a build! And you certainly managed to get that look into your lot. There are a couple of things I am not so sure about out here. First, is that really tall roof at the back of the house, I think something a little shallower would have looked less out of place. The second is how you attached the greenhouse to the main house, that valley seems awfully deep. The exterior treatments you have chosen perfectly compliment the style of build, as does the landscaping around it, which I have to add, has been wonderfully finished! I am amazed at the amount of things you managed to include on such a tiny budget :O Your interiors perfectly match the rustic styling of the exterior and you have made some excellent use of the CASt system. It would have been nice to have seen a little more of the interior of your build, and maybe you could have CASt the interior of the windows so that they blended better with the palette you used inside. My favourite part of your lot is the way you have organised the farm area, it's so well thought out!

Optional Challenge: What an awesome back story! It was lovely to see Xantha and David helping the girls out. Gin and Persephone certainly seems to have made themselves at home, they'll have to watch that fireplace a little more closely in future though :O

Wow - there were some truly amazing builds within this category for this challenge and I had a really tough time picking a winner, but never the less....

Honorable mention goes to: gmcrozier

Third place goes to: VannaRed

Second Place goes to: Redkitty and iampes23

Which makes the winner: _Princess_Natasha_

GardensEdgeCover.jpg?t=1396271618

Congrats to all of you!!

Congrats to everyone,

Just wanted to say that I have no idea what you mean about a valley? Is that why when I play the girls seems to slide down the floor to the front door. Hmmm. lol. that is so weird. And I agree about the roof, I have actually changed it to an upstairs room with an observatory above that since Purrsia moved in. Thanks for the wonderful feedback and the 3rd place mention. I'm thrilled you liked the optional challenge story.

Edit: here it is now that i have moved in Purrsia.
    Screenshot-8_zps85351407.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    VannaRed, this is what I meant by a valley (in roofing terms)

421b14c5-d2b5-45b8-9139-f6a9e6b85252_zpsaa670380.jpg~original

And if anyone is interested to learn more about roofing terms and what they all mean:

roof_parts_zps53549a2b.png~original

• Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited April 2014

☆folala☆
    You have certainly got the brief spot on with your build! Your main house sits nicely on the side of the lot, and it's great that the driveway leads up to it and the barn. I wonder at the expense of the barn though, could you have made better use of the money on the rest of the home?? Your log style exterior works well, however, I am not 100% percent convinced on those roof lines, especially the barn that backs onto the second greenhouse. But I do like how you attached the green house to the main build. Your interiors feel a little bland in some areas, I think a little pop of colour here or there could have really helped make the place feel warmer and more lived in. Don't forget to CASt EVERYTHING! Those rugs in the bathroom look totally out of place in my opinion. Some of your screenshots look a little dark to me, don't forger about those wonderful free 'buydebug' lights! My favourite area of this home is that outdoor kitchen area, such a great idea!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Also thanks for being so diplomatic about my roofs - definitely not my strong point!
    Congrats to everyone on really great builds.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    folala wrote:

☆folala☆

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Also thanks for being so diplomatic about my roofs - definitely not my strong point!
    Congrats to everyone on really great builds.

You are more than welcome, I think roofing is still one of my pet hates with this game, it can be soo difficult to get them to look 'just right'...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    VannaRed, this is what I meant by a valley (in roofing terms)

421b14c5-d2b5-45b8-9139-f6a9e6b85252_zpsaa670380.jpg~original

And if anyone is interested to learn more about roofing terms and what they all mean:

roof_parts_zps53549a2b.png~original

OOOOHHHHH. okay.Thanks for explaining. I didn't even notice that. I try not to leave spaces for rain to gather and ruin the roof. I just didn't even think about it there. lol. Thanks for the info too.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited April 2014
    Advanced results Megami Market Part 1 - #240-241

FaithofKaela
    Great simple build Faith. I like the outside area that attaches both the greenhouse and the house. Nice touch to place the washer under there too. The inside of the house looks really girly yet simple. The bright colours liven up the place while it’s still not to elaborate. A suggestion though, since the sisters mentioned they would be outside most anyway, a seating area outside would have been nice? For when they take a break from their hard work. The pond is gorgeous though!

Masajo
    Great farm! Love how you layout the lot. It looks like a busy and a working farm. I especially like the pergola you made as a carport. The general structure of the house works really well with everything. But I do feel the ‘paint’ is a bit bland. Too monotone. It would have helped to create a focus point. The interior is well done, it feels simple and light.
    Optional challenge: I enjoyed getting to know the 2 sisters with your story. And that poor maid!

Suepea
    Another lovely build! It has a very practical layout. Though I missed a layout picture of the basement? The storage you created for their home grown foods looks wonderful and well thought of. I had a hard time to really judge the garden as to layout. I missed the overall picture of it. Or at least some more pictures. The open floor plan of the living/kitchen and dining looks great. And the bedrooms look personalised for each sister. And I agree with the sisters about the favourite place. Those chairs on the front porch look great!

ArikaB
    Very interesting layout! I just love the pond with the fog emitters! Looks great. Your interior is roomy and light. about great use of textures and your palettes blend really well throughout the build. I would suggest some (buydebug) lights for the presentation of the laundry room, it feels really dark. My favourite place would definitely be the outdoor seating area. Love the lights.
    Optional challenge: Great snapshots of them enjoying the house. And gardening in PJ’s, haha well, it’s indoors anyways. Funny touch!

Countrykris1play
    Great build Countrykris! I love what you did with the porch roof. The lot layout in general works great too. The garden is nicely divided. Good use of terrain paint as well. The interior looks simple and practical. It’s small but well set up. I noticed some of the paintings seem to hang a little low (standard height), my suggestion would be to play around with height placement as well. I love the bookcases you used in the living.

ISHTARJMD
    Looks like another great build! The garden has nice separate areas that are easy accessible, though some terrain sculpting would have enhanced that more. I liked that the greenhouse was separate, but still attached. But I do think the breezeway would have looked a bit better with a roof or some ‘wall’ above it (CFE floor). The interior fits the country home theme very well.

And first place goes too!!

ISHTARJMD!!

and second place goes too.....

ArikaB!!

Optional challenge is won by!
    Masajo

Congratulations to all!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Congrats ISHTARJMD, ArikaB and Masajo! Wow, there were some truly stunning builds in this one! I didn't envy Lebanna the decision....
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Congrats to Ishtar, Arika and Masajo! Those were some great builds and lovely Sims!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Congrats winners! Wonderful entries, everyone!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Beginner Results : Megami Market Pt 2 : 242-243

Shesgotstyle19
    I like that you added some night pictures. The pond is a great touch. And you did a great job using terrain paints. I like how you used terrain flower paint around the fountain. I like how you did the awning over the cafe kitchen area but then left all the seating completely uncovered. The red for the chairs is really lovely. And the water in the middle is a nice touch; those lights are a great centerpiece. I think it is neat that you added some veggie plants to the lot. Your build is really charming and full of character!

SUGGESTIONS: The market area is kind of small compared to the dinning area. I would have liked there to be more of a market area. I would have liked to see the terrain paint for the parking area extend all the way to the sidewalk. It would have looked more realistic this way. It looks like you didn't finish painting the wall in the bathroom. Also, you have a tree bleeding in. Make sure trees and plants are away from roofs and walls enough that they don't bleed into the rooms.

dducknbelle
    Nice night time pictures. The layout of everything is really nice. The colors you used for the build are really nice and go well together. You CASt'd the stone really nicely. I like that you added bees to the lot. The addition of two ponds is nice; I like that you put fountains in them. I like how stocked your cafe kitchen is. Customers sure have plenty of food options. Your build is really lovely. I like the rustic feel of it! Great job!

SUGGESTIONS: I wish there was some dirt or flower terrain paint under the flowers. Your parking is kind of awkward; I think it would have been better looking to place the parking stalls in the opposite direction. So that they were next to the building instead of the sidewalk. I wish the windows to the cafe would have been CASt to match the doors. More terrain paint around the pond would have made it really pop.

And The Winner Is...

dducknbelle

Option Challenge Winner Is...

Shesgotstyel19
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Beginner Results : Megami Market Pt 2 : 242-243

Shesgotstyle19
    I like that you added some night pictures. The pond is a great touch. And you did a great job using terrain paints. I like how you used terrain flower paint around the fountain. I like how you did the awning over the cafe kitchen area but then left all the seating completely uncovered. The red for the chairs is really lovely. And the water in the middle is a nice touch; those lights are a great centerpiece. I think it is neat that you added some veggie plants to the lot. Your build is really charming and full of character!

SUGGESTIONS: The market area is kind of small compared to the dinning area. I would have liked there to be more of a market area. I would have liked to see the terrain paint for the parking area extend all the way to the sidewalk. It would have looked more realistic this way. It looks like you didn't finish painting the wall in the bathroom. Also, you have a tree bleeding in. Make sure trees and plants are away from roofs and walls enough that they don't bleed into the rooms.

Option Challenge Winner Is...

Shesgotstyel19

Oh my god I won the optional challenge? Thanks!
    Yeah I didn't really feel this one all to well it was a bit rushed, I just wanted to get it over with as I hate doing stuff for outdoors, I can never get my layout right and I find landscaping really hard. Thank you for your kind words and I will be sure to put your suggestions into practice!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Congrats on the win! You have much potential! Many of these things will become 2nd nature after so many builds! :)
  • Options
    dducknbelledducknbelle Posts: 126 Member
    edited April 2014
    Congrats on the win! You have much potential! Many of these things will become 2nd nature after so many builds! :)

Congrats to you!!

OMG I actually won a challenge seriously!! WOw.. I am so excited. I appreciate all the feedback and support here I a feel like I get better at these as I go.. Can't wait to finish current one!

Thanks xo JEss
    I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs~
  • Options
    Suzieqz420Suzieqz420 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Congrats to all!~ My CPU crashed hard and I lost all my Sims stuff and starting back over. Just finishing up the next Asian Themed build. Sorry if for some reason I didn't get a chance because of my CPU issues to update all of my last contest entry. I'm sure its not that big of a deal lol. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top