Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Socalkdl Creations: Yellow 2nd Empire p. 8.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    socalkdl wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    socalkdl wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    It just gets better and better! :D The carport and the landscaping compliments the build so well! Looking forward to more.

By the way, I finally got some time to build last weekend. I got so excited! :lol:

Glad you've found time to build. This week I am coming home from work so bone-tired I won't find time till this weekend, although I am working Saturday too :(
    Thanks,
    Kirk

Oh no! :( You are working in the weekend too? That is unfortunate! I always look forward to the weekends. To find some time for myself and the things I love to do. Hope you find some time to finish your WIP soon. So that we can all drool over your build. :D
    Thanks for the sympathy Yanti. This week has been murder at work. I come home so discouraged I don't have the creativity or desire to do anything, so a whole week has passed without touching the Sims :( I should be able to clear my head next week though, as my wife and I are going on a cruise. I need to get away from the madness at work for a while.

Cruise?!! WOW! :mrgreen: That sounds heavenly! Lucky you! Have a great time with your wife! :D
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Jessa, Rose and Yanti. I got only 3 hours sleep last night, but managed to snooze when I got home from work. I will be starting a new "Pocket Victorian" tonight on a small lot. Building really helps me relax! So does cruising, for that matter, LOL. We try to get away twice a year. It's less hassle and upkeep than owning a trailer or motor home.
    Take care all,
    Kirk
    5678188462_3689759933_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Had just enough time before leaving on a cruise to get a new build onto the Exchange. This one is a continuation of my "Pocket Victorian" series. I also decided to create it unfurnished with very few Store-Bought items. That way those who enjoy decorating have a nice blank canvas to create on and the house should translate fairly intact into most peoples games.
    13173801635_11350589ef_z.jpg

13173927833_036e359de2_z.jpg

13173806695_b28b6ee7c1_z.jpg

It has room for 1 bedroom and bath upstairs, and a bedroom and bath in the windowed basement. Initially I tried to "stack" the stairs on top of each other to save space, which used to work, but apparently that cheat no longer works :( EA really needs to come up with a more compact stair arrangement for smaller builds. However, Sims do seem to require a lot of space to get around in, LOL.
    DOWNLOAD

Enjoy,
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I have posted about your Pocket Victorian on your unfurnished homes thread but will say here again that it looks very nice! :) Simmers will enjoy downloading it and furnishing it to suit their sims needs and tastes. Very nice exterior of it!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Rose. Sometimes I just feel like being an architect and leaving the interior design to others :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Bump :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oooh! :D You finished it already! Looking great! Didn't realise that you wanted to keep it unfurnished. Great pocket victorian! So adorable! Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2014
    Your Victorian house looks amazing!
    x6kikn.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks ladies. We're back form our Mexican cruise and I am raring to go Simming again! I should have brought my MacBook so I could have tried some things out in game but didn't :( We're in San Diego right now going to have breakfast in our cabin before getting off ship and driving 3 hours home. Had a wonderful time but missed building houses badly. Next month will be my 4 year anniversary of playing the Sims 3' my how time flies!
    Take care all,
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Glad you and your wife had a great time! Hope to see your builds in the forums soon. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Yanti. I have another "Pocket" build that should be up by Wednesday. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath Spanish Bungalow. Exterior's done, just need to finish the furnishings.
    Here's a peek:
    13371587845_5bc1445f9c_z.jpg

Kirk
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am glad that you had a nice time away. I hope that you enjoy trying out your new ideas. Your WIP looks very nice! Great exterior! The windows and balcony look great . I will look forward to seeing the finished home :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A spanish build?!! :mrgreen: I love mediterrenean style of builds! That has always been my favourite style of architecture! Great start Kirk! :D
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited March 2014
    Love the sunny fresh little Victorian! i think many people love to decorate, but not build, so they will enjoy this darling home! rec'd!

And the new Mediterranean is lovely!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Taryn. I've shelved that one tho, and come up with a much larger Spanish style home. I've also dropped Flickr for my many Sims 3 pics, as Yahoo has ruined it! So here's some pics of my latest WIP...Casa del Sol, courtesy of Photobucket.
    SocalkdlinWork001.jpg
    SocalkdlinWork002.jpg
    It has 3 bedrooms plus a nursery adjoining the master bedroom. It's on a smaller 20 x 20 lot for easy placement.
    Take care,
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your new WIP Casa del sol is very nice! :) Great exterior of it ! The back patio area is nice. It looks nice how you have done the greenery covered trellis. It looks nice how you have done the small slope front pathway. I will look forward to seeing updates of it :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's looking gorgeous Kirk! I love the patio at the back. Those windows suits the build so well. So delightfully mediterrenean! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Rose and Yanti. :) I am about 80% done with the Casa del Sol, but typically of my hyperactivity, I stumbled across a bare build I had started some weeks back and forgot about...so Sunday night I began fiddling and here is a preview shot:
    SocalkdlinWork003.jpg
    A typical late Gothic Victorian. ("L-shaped" floor plans with a central tower were extremely common). I lost track of how many simultaneous builds I have going right now, LOL. Keeps me happy though.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your Gothic Victorian WIP looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it ! The tower looks very nice! It looks great how you have done the roofing and the windows! The shades of colour you have used look very nice. It looks great :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your Gothic Victorian WIP looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it ! The tower looks very nice! It looks great how you have done the roofing and the windows! The shades of colour you have used look very nice. It looks great :)

Thanks Rose. You and Yanti are such great cheer leaders, LOL. You make my day! It's way past my bedtime tho. Going to get some sleep before Monday comes. Have a good evening (don't forget to get some sleep too) ;)
    G'nite
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Another gorgeous gothic victorian! WOW! :D I know I am repeating myself but I do love the roofs of all your builds. Love the added height of the build! The cornices adds such character to the build. Can't wait to see more pics. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Rita and Yanti. I finished the Casa del Sol Download Here so I can continue my more difficult Victorian builds. I'm almost done with the as yet unnamed yellow Gothic. Hope to get it done this weekend ... 2 games for my PS4 are arriving this weekend though so I don't know, LOL.
    Take care,
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just finished my Carpenter Gothic Victorian and it's on the Exchange.
    Download Here
    CarpenterForums01.jpg
    CarpenterForums02.jpg
    CarpenterForums05.jpg
    CarpenterForums08.jpg
    CarpenterForums11.jpg
    Hope you all like it :)
    Happy Plumbobs to all!
    Kirk
    CarpenterGothicSiggie.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on