Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited April 2014
    MaryKup wrote:
    I have been working on my market and I'm a bit upset with myself :oops: . I did something that made my whole screen just be the build, no controls to do anything just the lot. I had to exit the game and pretty sure I lost most of today's work. Anyone know what I did and how to get the controls back back?

Oh no! that sucks! I try the short cut keys when that happens.
    F1 for livemode (or town), F2 for buy and F3 for build. and Q for quit (and save?)
    If that doesn't work I leave it be for a while, or accept my loss and shut it down.
    or if you were in live mode, it could be TAB?
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2014
    marketnew4_zps4b5489f3.jpg

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: Megami Market Part Two #242 - 243
    NAME: suepea

LINK TO LOT: Megami Fresh Market and Café

LINK TO MEDIA: Slideshow

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Final Cost ~74,700

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: When the Megami sisters, Gin and Persephone found the old barn overlooking the water in Sunset Valley, they knew they had found the perfect setting for their Fresh Market and Café. With some clever remodelling plans and lots of TLC, they turned the old building into a County Farm Market and cosy Café eatery. With plenty of lovely dining space both indoors and out, The Megami Fresh Market and Café will be your Sims favorite destination for their Fresh foods and gourmet treats.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no CC
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2014
    Screenshot-83_zpsef6a7ff1.jpg

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Challenge #242-243 Megami Market Part Two

NAME: paneinger

LINK TO LOT: n/a

LINK TO MEDIA: http://myndikins.tumblr.com/post/82543484303/this-is-the-second-part-to-last-weeks-challenge

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30x40; $65,142

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Large lot with a small cafe and produce stand. There's plenty of room to hangout, a bar and karaoke machine, and public bathrooms as well as a stocked lake and outdoor entertaining areas.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Uhm, lots. Lots and lots of stuff from Around the Sims. Some TSR. A bunch from different tumblrs. And yeah, pretty much everywhere. There's more CC than EA content xD
  • Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

I love your lot, Suepea (as always). It actually looks quite a bit like a little amish market about an hour from my house :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM CHALLENGE 242-243 MEGAMI MARKET PART 2

NAME: FaithofKaela

LINK TO LOT: N/A

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s754.photobucket.com/user/Simsfaithofkaela/story/33019#

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Included in media.

LEVEL: Advanced

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 30 x 40, 225 Cotton Branch Drive, Riverview, final cost before playing $73,099.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This modern lot was made for Purrsia Lightfoot and her nieces to allow them to sell their wares to the public. A restaurant, cafe and market place are all included in the lot, alongside public conveniences, parking spaces and lots of lovely relaxing places to sit.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: Mutske, SIMcredible, Kriss, ATS3, Buffsumm, LilyoftheValley, Gosik, Granthes, Pralinesims, Peacemaker IC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Faith -- your build is spectacular! What an awesome take on the Market and Restaurant. Really well thought out and executed build. I love it!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    paneinger wrote:
    I love your lot, Suepea (as always). It actually looks quite a bit like a little amish market about an hour from my house :mrgreen:

Thanks so much! I did have an inspiration picture to work from but it was just a little snippet of an image that sparked my build. I have never been there but the pic is of a place in North Andover, MA, called Smoleks.

Here's the image I was working from:

ScreenShot2014-04-13at80109AM_zpsc3804f9f.png

Your build is wonderful! So many clever touches that make it come to life. I love the artwork and posters. The bakery and ice cream stand are swoon worthy! I can't pick what I love most!

I am starting to feel sad that I can't (won't?) use CC in my builds. I have a Mac and my game is running well (reaches over to knock on wood) so I don't do anything that could jeopardize that :-(

Anyway, thanks again for your kind comments about my builds!

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:
    Faith -- your build is spectacular! What an awesome take on the Market and Restaurant. Really well thought out and executed build. I love it!
    Thanks Suepea, I found an image that I loved and it kind of spawned from that, it came out almost exactly how I had planned it, which is always nice :mrgreen:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    edited April 2014
    Loving the builds!!

Faith, I noticed some sentences seem cut of in the balloons? It looks awesome though
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited April 2014
    There is so much talent here. I'm very impressed! :D
  • Options
    lLyricsAngellLyricsAngel Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

I agree I am so amazed, and impressed the most by your lot. Nice Job!
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

I loved it!! Amazing Suepea!! :) Recd!!
    I wanted to download it in my game but donot have Generations,Showtime and IP :( Is there many contents fm these expansions?
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited April 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [Megami Market Pt 2 : BnS 242-243]

NAME: _Princess_Natasha_

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8159888

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/_Natasha_Sim_/story/33093#

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: No

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x30; 11 Meadow Beach Dr., Hidden Springs; 74,970

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: I went with a touch of Asian while still keeping it rustic and natural. There's plenty of outdoor areas for customers to enjoy nature. The cafe has indoor and out door dinning areas. There's plenty of space for the Megami sisters to display and sell their goods!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: SIMcredibledesigns, Awesims, and Lpvinyl21 for Black Pearl Sims
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

Wow, your market is awesome! Do you give lessons? :wink:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

I loved it!! Amazing Suepea!! :) Recd!!
    I wanted to download it in my game but donot have Generations,Showtime and IP :( Is there many contents fm these expansions?

Thank you so much! I honestly don't know right now what content came from what expansion. I can check for you and let you know. Sometimes when I just want a lot, I DL and install and see what the game comes up with for a replacement. If you are lucky, it just replaces a chair for a chair but other times I have had some weird subsititutions! I don't think it hurts the game any, you just have to explore and replace things as needed to make them work.

Thanks again for the kind comments!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    VannaRed wrote:
    suepea wrote:

Wow, your market is awesome! Do you give lessons? :wink:

Thanks, Vanna. I am not the one to give lessons yet :-)

But seriously, if you want amazing building lessons, check out the ZOOU classes (if you haven't already!) Pretty much everything I know about building, I learned from ZooProfesser3 and the other amazing teachers on ZOOU

A new lesson on working with terrain and terrain paints is coming up this Saturday: MOOve your Grass!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Natasha -- love your market and the Asian themed café. Your terrain work looks really lovely and your greenhouse/market is great.

The little building with the bathrooms is cute, too!

Such a nice open air market feel to the whole place.

Very pretty landscaping as well.
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:
    Natasha -- love your market and the Asian themed café. Your terrain work looks really lovely and your greenhouse/market is great.

The little building with the bathrooms is cute, too!

Such a nice open air market feel to the whole place.

Very pretty landscaping as well.

You're too kind! Thank you very much!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    suepea - Your build is lovely. Your architecture skills are wonderful! I love the gazebo and the stairs leading up to it are wonderfully done! The front of your store shop is well decorated and realistic looking; great inspirational pic you worked with! I like that you added a swing set and slide! Do the jars of cookies come from the new bakery set? They are a lovey addition to your cozy cafe! I really like your use of patterns and colors! Such a lovely build!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2014
    It's a couple of days early, and don't worry, challenge 242-243 hasn't closed yet, but I am unsure of my whereabouts at closing time, so I thought you could all get a head start!

Build-N-Share Challenge (244-245)

A Distinctly Asian Theme...

You recline in your office chair, staring at the cool bag of goodies your latest clients have sent over as a thank you for all your hard work on their home and business. “Hmm, I'm going to have to start running again soon, if Gin, Perspehone and Purrsia stay in town for any length of time!” You think to yourself as your hand reaches in for a oh so delicious melt in the mouth chocolate brownie, and the best part is, you know exactly where all the ingredients originated from!

As you finish your mouthful, Rose buzzes through.

“Your 10 O'Clock, Mr Ryan is here.”

“Show him through Rose.” You say staring longingly at the cool bag.

Although, when Mr Ryan is shown through the door with a basket under his arms, you nearly swoon and make that mental note about exercise even firmer!

“Ah now, thank you for taking the time to see me.” He has a melodious accent that you know is a fresh off of a plane from Ireland.

“Mr Ryan, it's a pleasure to meet you in person! We have been communicating for too long via other forms of communication.”

“Indeed! You won't hear any argument from me.” He says as he gives you that look that means he is appraising your assets...

His steel grey eyes are set into an almost angelic face, with sharp cheek bones and a hint of a beard that may have grown from the time he would have shaved before heading to their airport in Dublin. All this was framed by silky looking shoulder length black hair.

“I was sorry to hear that your wife couldn't make the trip.”

This flusters him momentarily, although, being a newly wed, you guess he hasn't had much time to get used to having a wife....

“As was she, but she trusts my judgement... In most things.” He adds as almost an afterthought.

“It was unavoidable, as one of Dublin's finest police Lieutenants, she often has to miss out on matters which she assumes to be trivial.” You don't hear any harshness in his voice, he seems perfectly content with the fact that his wife is disinterested in their new home.

“So, from our email conversation, I understand that you want a home inspired by Asian architecture, is that still the case?” You ask, to cover the awkward silence that you feel should be there, but isn't...

“That is indeed the case, I am in love with all things Japanese, after being introduced to sushi, of all things! Ah, yes, that reminds me.” He whips the cover off of the blanket and shows you the most mouthwatering looking little parcels that lay just so inside the basket.

“I thought it might help you to really understand what I want from this home, if I could show you why sushi is the inspiration.”

You must look a little puzzled, as he goes on to take some small black, square plates out from the basket and proceed to lay out a little buffet around all the files on your desk, he looks at you and says

“Traditionally, sushi is served on minimalist Japanese-style, geometric, mono- or duo-tone wood or lacquer plates, in keeping with the aesthetic qualities of the cuisine and it was the way in which the food was presented that much to do with why I found my self enamoured with the whole Japanese style.”

You look at the simple, clean lines of the food and the crockery he has presented you with and an idea starts to from in your mind.

“I think I understand Mr Ryan, But, do you have any definitive requirements that you want me to include?”

“Please call me Ruairi.”

“Okay Ruairi (you pronounce it as he did Roa-ree) Was there anything that must be included in the final home, that there is no room for manouver on?”

“Of course, like any good recipe, first you need decent ingredients!! The architectural style must reflect Japanese architecture, as should the interiors. My darling wife, Eve, will need a home gymnasium to enable her to keep her fitness up to scratch, she has been offered the position of Chief of Police you see. So yes, we will both need separate but conjoining offices, and one master bedroom with en-suite. Another one bedroom is essential, two would be an added bonus. A professionally equipped kitchen is also a must have, I like to indulge in the cooking of, as well as eating sushi. Other than that, the brief is yours with which to work your considerable magic. Oh, and the tediousness of a budget, shall we say $150,000?!”

“Thank you for the guidelines Ruairi, I am sure we can come up with something in two weeks. Will Eve be with us to see the finished build?”

“I truly hope so!” He says with feeling. “Now, let's eat!”

Requirements
    • Budget $150,000
    • 40x40 Lot
    • At least two bedrooms, one of which must have an en-suite
    • Professionally equipped kitchen
    • Home gymnasium
    • Two separate but conjoined offices
    • Japanese style architecture and interiors

Optional Challenge
    Make Ruairi and Eve and show them both enjoying their new abode.
    Ruari's traits are Flirty, Charismatic, Natural Cook you choose the other two.
    Eve's traits are Commitment Issues, Athletic, Hot Headed you choose the other two.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's a couple of days early, and don't worry, challenge 242-243 hasn't closed yet, but I am unsure of my whereabouts at closing time, so I thought you could all get a head start!

Oh, my. Here I was just about nodding off in front of my computer and your post made me do a double take :shock:

:mrgreen:
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    PhoenixRyderPhoenixRyder Posts: 138
    edited April 2014
    I wish I had time to build :( RL is really getting in the way of my simming recently.

However, all the builds I've looked at so far are so gorgeous. Everyone is doing such an amazing job lately :)
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited April 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM Build-N-Share Challenge (242-243) Megami Market Part Two

NAME: MrzNSmith

LINK TO LOT: Unable to upload

LINK TO MEDIA:
    Megami Market Pt.2

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Purrsia Keller: Friendly, Natural Cook, Family Oriented, Perfectionist and Social Butterfly
    Additional pics @ the end of album.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-dbu4IqkJVnQ/U020QeCl6zI/AAAAAAAAGUI/_JcUTZaRntU/w990-h616-no/Screenshot-003.jpg[/img]
    Screenshot-005.jpg

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40X30; Farm to Table Market & Bistro located @ 1447 New Barnacle Blvd., Barnacle Bay; 74,976 furnished; 52,058 unfurnished

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Farm to Table Market & Bistro has a casual friendly feel. You can shop for fresh produce or have something cooked made with the freshest and tastiest produce from Whispering Orchard Farm.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: YES

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:
    Patterns from TS3 exchange
    Salt & Pepper set by cmomoney @ MTS
    Moon Mist Ceiling Lamp, Time to Bake, Time to Salad, Time to Plug, and Time to Pasta & Pizza by SIMcredible @ SIMcredible @TSR
    Kitchen Aria Décor by Mutske @ Mutske@TSR
    Chest-like- Vegetables Stand & Storage @ ATS3
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    MrzNSmithMrzNSmith Posts: 370 Member
    edited April 2014
    suepea wrote:

Oh, my. Here I was just about nodding off in front of my computer and your post made me do a double take :shock:

:mrgreen:

You are not alone with that thought Suepea. I came to post my entry and had to look at the calendar and read the post a few times.
    uUABhnHoaTurWewmdJRta_qF465L722rPmUNhKdVW0sgPo8a7IgCcxjtLwn3ciTK5-BkKA2DvUBi-AIhSd4B_GluqPcTdlHINfwlmSYES694rTL5oq9FCoZroHGr2f_hL51c2Q8_cihF8Z_U8YtGDxL2tbuIq5m4Q8wNX_w_a2ZkLO0x2TYyC8hancoqF1_9PoBkCiyZgO2g6qx-HtyGGyAfGyMC_9GgxMiDCFlqoXeTu3xbYgm1X3RTSHfhsf65WPrvdA08k__3kueIYg1TCC644ylX3sz2_JNEKA-szzuyGGdAdKpyMTM1bW1FPGqUhf0WGhi4gPdZLA5DeeUDRL-zrOSp9IAcRbjV14DA2QiQxzIxXlqdoFNPA-wXxhXnDlYbiHuPgqvCW8NHtHbfAIm7zfYYWJRX04fRKmCNR4D_wCTAoMfvQ7YZLw3Np8XfIBVBWS_GqnUH47wh5vxqHFpoN3AN3HQJzPUNJIhL3obfcNmDelllZWb3kNJSeQW24qIsbLV4bZL7bIBi0jd8KJwMtPPym06mLyzzAatg4yEWN89btgE_hNcOKVkoq4LuCWlF=w462-h214-no
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2014
    When you say Japanese style architecture, do you mean traditional Japanese architecture?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top