Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAD MARCH/APRIL CONTEST - All Winners Gifted! Congratulations Everyone!

Comments

• Options
    HadesDragonessHadesDragoness Posts: 847 Member
    edited April 2014
    Snowmoon wrote:
    I just realized I have a great home/household for this contest, but I uploaded them in Mid-March. They were not part of a contest, but my "gift". Can I still enter them? Ifin not, I have an another idea.

Edit: I would need to upload the home/household together, I had uploaded the three all separate.

That is fine just as long as it was not entered into another contest :) House and Household must be together.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bump :P
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2014
    I also noticed there aren't too many fall entries and wanted to make one! So here it is:

2nd entry

Username: ACarron0514

Link To Entry: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8152318

This classic 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom Colonial House is the perfect home for hosting a holiday, and that's exactly what Autumn Day is ready to do. A homemaker whose lifetime wish is to learn every recipe, she has decorated this house with every available fall accessory to get ready to host the best Thanksgiving ever! Complete with a pumpkin patch in the backyard.

Season: Fall

Holiday, if any (Christmas, Halloween etc): Thanksgiving

House Name: Thanksgiving House
    Lot Size: 30 x 30
    House Price: $180,309
    House Photos:

screenshot_original.jpg

The Dining Room: Ready for Autumn to serve a Thanksgiving feast!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Household Name: Day
    Household Members: Autumn, Christopher, Lea, Blake, Aria, and Pumpkin the dog
    Household Bio: The Day family seems like the perfect all American family - at least from the outside. Autumn Day, determined to be the next Martha Stewart, wants to host the perfect Thanksgiving. Her lifetime goal is to learn every recipe, and she just wants her family to appreciate all the effort she puts into making a perfect home. Her husband, Christopher, is a genius bookworm who dreams of becoming a famous author. Christopher and Autumn are family oriented, and have tried to give their children every advantage in life by sending them to the best prep schools. However, because they have been focusing so much on their own dreams, they haven't noticed some issues with their teenage children. Queen Bee of her prep school, Lea has become quite a snob. The middle child, Blake, often acts inappropriate since he's so desperate for attention from his parents. Will Christopher and Lea be able to achieve their dreams while also properly raising their children?

Household Photos:

Autumn talking with her youngest child on the front porch:
    screenshot_original.jpg

Blake teaching the family dog, Pumpkin, to sit:
    screenshot_original.jpg

For more pictures, visit my blog: http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=ACarron0514

NOTE: I realized I uploaded the wrong version of this lot (one that hadn't been play tested). I edited this post to correct the exchange link. There were just a few minor changes. Sorry about that!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanksgiving Home and the Day family are very nice ACarron0514 :) It is nice that you have called the mother Autumn Day. Very nice Autumn and thanksgiving theme of the home. The exterior of the home is very nice! It looks nice how you have done the windows. The Autumn colours of the trees look pretty. Great wraparound porch.The pumpkins and produce decor items that you have placed at the front entrance area look great. The harvest wreath on the front door is a nice touch. It looks very nice how you have done the edges of the front pathway! The carpet of flowers, haybales, wheelbarrow , pumpkins , sunflowers and vase s of flowers there look very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting outside on the seat benches that you have placed on the front porch looking at the nice sight of their autumn themed.surroundings. Very nice back outdoors dining area! It looks nice how you have the flowers, hay bales, pumpkins and other autumn decor there. Sims will enjoy cooking in the BBQ and eating their meal on the dining table there enjoying crispness of the Autumntime air. The pumpkin decor on the table top is a nice touch, Sims will enjoy doing sculpting or inventing at the skill items on the back porch, or just relaxing on the loungers in the outdoors air. The pumpkin patch garden looks great! It is great that there will pumpkins for the sims to harvest and use for cooking up thanksgiving melas or to carve faces in. Very nice Autumn/Thanksgiving themed furnishing of the interior of the home. Nice front entrance to the home. The harvest baskets either side of the front door and the items on the side tables there are nice for sims to see when entering or leaving the home. Nice design of the kitchen. It looks great how you have done the kitchen windows for sims to enjoy looking out the sunlight coming in when whilst cooking their Thanksgiving meals. It looks great how you have done the brickwork of the walls there. Nice patterning of the wall behind the stove. It looks great how you have placed the picture on the wall above the fridge. Very nice bar stool counter eat in window alcove area! Sims will enjoy looking out at what is happening outdoors whilst sitting eating there. The basket of flowers on the middle dining table in the kitchen looks nice. Very nice tv nook. It looks nice how you have done the curved sectional sofa seating there. Sims will enjoy relaxing there reading a book or watching tv. The pumpkins shelf above the tv is nice for sims to see when sitting there, as a background to tv watching . The dining room is very nice.Sims will enjoy celebrating and eating a nice Thanksgiving meal there. Nice dining seats that you have used and the pattern of the floor mat under the table looks nice. It looks nice how you have done the dining room curtains. Nice patterning recolouring of the buffet table. It looks very nice how you have done the floor mats on the corners of the buffet table. The produce decor either side of the table on the floor are nice touches there.The brown leaves decor either side of the mirror look nice. Nice upper hallway area. Sims will like studying and using the computer at the window study desk enjoying the sunlight filling the area. It is a nice place for them to enjoy doing painting painting on the easel. It looks great how you have placed the photos above and below the pumpkin shelves , and on the wall in front of the easel. The placement of the pictures looks very effective! Nice furnishing of the teen boys and the girls' bedrooms.It looks great how you have placed the study desk under the bunk bed. The tree print on the wall looks great. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the bean bags there watching tv and listening to music from the stereo. The leaf pattern on the bean bag looks great. The elephant pattern on the girls beds looks great. Nice window study desk area for her to use the computer or do homework at.
    Very nice home and Day family of sims! They will enjoy celebrating Thanksgiving in their home. :)
  • Options
    Serrano2015Serrano2015 Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the encouragement and nice comments as always, rosemow!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yay! :D I thought poor autumn would get left out lol Beautiful house :) and very much perfect for autumn!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    BUMP
  • Options
    FarfallaCaraFarfallaCara Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2014
    Acarron your house is beautiful and cozy!!

Recommended!!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bump :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey hey!

Thanks for answering. And nope, not been in a comp, I think I actually got the idea for her from this comp, but just got spacy. /blonde

But, I should have my upload done soon. /cheers
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Username: Snowmoon
    Link To Entry: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8155622

Season: Spring
    Holiday: St. Patrick's Day

House Name: Hazeldene Cottage
    Lot Size: 40x40
    House Price: 402, 373

Photos:

Hazeldene5_zps2d9ac577.jpg

HazeldeneCottage25_zps19299303.jpg

Link to more photos: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/744960.page#11863037

Household Name: Kathleen and Lucky Blarney
    Household Members: 2 - Genie and Unicorn
    Household Bio:

Kathleen and Lucky moved into Hidden Springs to enjoy life. Old enough to head away from the homeland, she was able to take her treasures from her youth with her and move into a nice cottage named Hazeldene. She want to hone her magical abilities and is now working towards a Magician career. Her best friend, Lucky, is always there to make her smile and remind her of the homeland.

Photos:

Kathleen1_zps9fe6e4d0.jpg

LuckyCharm6_zps3a26ab31.jpg

Link to more photos: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/744960.page#11863037

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kathleen, Lucky and their home are very nice snowmoon :) I have already posted about them on the further pictures thread. They suit well the St. Patricks Day theme . Very nice entry! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Rosie! Yup, your kind words are always so well thought out and cover the home from head to toe! Thanks doll!
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello again, since i won't be able to win and have issues with judging,as i promised just for fun i had created this lot, not yet household through :oops:

This house is for Autumn season ;)

FALL N DREAM

Created for HadesDragoness!Also dedicated Shirley,Hans, HB,Tanu,Jessabeans,CS,Addy, Rflong7,Looby,Nessie,Amy,Nesa and Rose..and more.Thank you for ur supports and ur gifts again! No CC! Game-proved,Fully upgrated The paintings in the house are painted by my tester sim, so no worries abt CC!

Name of lot: Fall n Dream
    Size of lot used: 30 x 30
    EPs & SPs used: WA,SN,UL,Ambitions,Pets and Seasons as EPs and MS,Townlife,HELs,outdoor living and Diesel as SPs
    CAP NO- recoloured EA Game patterns

Exchange link:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8155182

Short Story about the house:
    The house is perfect for autumn loving sims! Perfect for newly weds,newly parents or single sims who want to have a family! The house is perfect combination of modern and andalusian spanish culture. It is created on Monte Vista World.
    Basement has nectary room where you can create lovely nectars with garden ingrients exists on the garden,bar and sitting area where you can host parties and accept ur friends,sport room where there is big movie screen,and 1 bathroom! Ground floor has 2 half closed partio,living room,kitchen&winter garden, study area, entrance area and 1 bathroom & laundry! First floor has nursary, bedroom with bathroom,hobby room bathroom,balcony!

Screenshot-675_zps05d85ed5.jpg
    Screenshot-611_zpse0f07d46.jpg
    Screenshot-612_zpsf83d849f.jpg
    Screenshot-614_zps7112bda5.jpg
    Screenshot-616_zpsc02be97d.jpg
    Screenshot-642_zps747caa8e.jpg
    Screenshot-669_zpsbecb058a.jpg

For more pics:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/730584.page#11937362
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Fall n Dream is a very nice Autumn themed home Duy :) Very nice exterior of it! It suits Monte Vista works well. It looks nice how you have done the trees and flowers through the outdoors. It looks great how you have used the greenhouse roofing. Nice front porchway entrance area. The greenery covered trellis looks nice. The hanging basket on the wall there is nice for sims to see when entering the home. Great produce garden area at the front of the house for sims to enjoy growing and harvesting plants to use in cooking and it make nectars. It is nice that you have placed a chair under the autumn tree for sims to enjoy resting under the tree enjoying the sunlight. Sims will enjoy doing painting on the easel there in the outdoors air, enjoying listening to music from the stereo.Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment in the back area of the home. Great layout of the levels of the interior of the house. Very nice patio areas, Nice types of seating that you have placed on them for sims to enjoy sitting and relaxing in the sunshine. The tapestry on the wall , the flowers on the coffee table and the water fountain are nice for sims to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there. It is nice that you have placed wind chimes there for sims to hear whilst sitting there. Nice entrance area of the house. It looks great that you have placed a water fountain near the door and coat and hat stand near the staircase archway. The pictures on the side walls and the wheel chair look nice there. Nice type of ceiling lights that you have used through the home. Great design of and furnishing of the kitchen. The pattern on the kitchen counters looks nice and it looks nice how you have placed the drape over the kitchen windows. It looks so very nice how you have done the winter garden with the steps going down from the kitchen to the greenhouse roofing covered area! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters there, and using the produce straight away in cooking. The brickwork texture on the walls looks great. Sims will enjoy dining on the table there in nice natural plants surroundings. Very nice living room. Nice type of sofa seats that you have used. Nice sitting area for sims to relax and watch tv or read a book with the fireplace to keep them warm. It looks great how you have placed the tree print on the wall behind the tv as a nice background for tv watching. Great layout of the basement level. Sims will enjoy coming down there and having a drink from the bar or having done nectar from a bottle in the nectar rack. Sims will have fun making their own nectars using the nectar machine. It looks great how you have furnished the bar room. Great bar counter and the floor mats look nice. It looks great how you have placed the items on the wall shelves. The bottle and glass on the shelf looks great. Great to have the nectar racks there. Nice wall panelling. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the comfortable arm chairs. Sims will have fun playing table tennis or like using the equipment in the gym to keep fit. Great outdoors patio area where sims can enjoy doing star gazing using the telescope. Very nice gazebo area. Sims will enjoy sitting and relaxing on the hanging chairs there, enjoying the sunshine and outdoors air. Nice patterns on the pouf chairs. The string lights on the gazebo look pretty. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals in the woodstove oven and eating it at the dining table in the outdoors air and nice surroundings.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    FarfallaCaraFarfallaCara Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2014
    Snowmoon I love the gardens of your house, and your family is very original, Rec´d.

Duy I said before, Also Rec´d!

Have a Happy Easter =)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    duyguugudur you house is beautiful :D I love it. Thank you ^.^

Snowmoon I love the Irish theme :D I am part Irish so it warms my heart to see it ^.^
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hades >> Thank you! My granddad was a full blooded Irishman - Cassidy was the last name. Hehe. I have a few Irish trades (hips and bust) and the round face, but I got the Irish blue, not green, eyes. I had a ball making her look as Irish as I could. Glad I could warm ye heart, lass!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh, may I edit my post so I can include the home name? It is Hazeldene Cottage, I am sorry I forgot that one; I was recovering from a bad bout of sickness.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Snowmoon wrote:
    Hades >> Thank you! My granddad was a full blooded Irishman - Cassidy was the last name. Hehe. I have a few Irish trades (hips and bust) and the round face, but I got the Irish blue, not green, eyes. I had a ball making her look as Irish as I could. Glad I could warm ye heart, lass!

My great grandma was an Irish Barge 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on my mothers side and there is Irish on my fathers side to :) I am naturally Brunette (I am purple headed at the moment) but my sisters are both red headed ^.^
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Snowmoon wrote:
    Oh, may I edit my post so I can include the home name? It is Hazeldene Cottage, I am sorry I forgot that one; I was recovering from a bad bout of sickness.

That is fine :) and I hope you feel much better soon x
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rose and Manarose thank you!! :)

Manarose loved ur avi,she is beatiful!

HadesDragoness, thank YOU! Try to complete the household too ;)

Cheers xxx
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bumping :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hades > I got the blonde/blue combo instead of the red/green, but my grand nieces and nephews have strawberry blonde. Ah, I ramble.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Bump 8)