Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    angldiorangldior Posts: 4,379 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited April 2014
    3 updates tonight which is perfect because I need to unwind after this hectic "thought it was Black Friday" day. Will comment on the threads.

Expect an update from me within the next two days.

• Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    edited April 2014
    Inventing is the way of the future.

tumblr_inline_n3n8qw5GVS1r1cgut.jpg

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/742054.page#11922041

Or the one where Quintalyn ages up and likes to tinker.
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone!!! Hope you all have been well. Feels like forever since I popped in here last, and I'm sure I'm behind on a ton of stories.

RL has had me busy dealing with my kiddies activities. Just got back from a 5 day stay in OH for a competition for my oldest. Her season is over, so it's just baseball games to deal with for 3 out of 4 of my boys. (the youngest is too young to play)

Plus I am in the final editing stages for a book I'm working on, so that is exciting as well.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :mrgreen: and I'll be back to catch up on stories soon.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow Jazen, I had no idea you had such a full RL. Good luck! What kind of book are you writing??
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Vuneca wrote:
    Wow Jazen, I had no idea you had such a full RL. Good luck! What kind of book are you writing??

Yep, I'm a busy stay at home mommy of 4 kids ages 17-4. They keep me on the go. It's spring break this week, so lots of fun family time.

My book is a twisted fairytale. It's a remake of one of my sim stories, completely revamped and made book ready. Or being made book ready LOL. It's been a long process. I'm doing it in honor of a simming friend of mine that loved the story. She passed away at the end of January, it was her idea and encouragement that made me take on the project.

It's a dark DARK retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Has is a definite rated R story. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure LOL.

Twisted Corners

• Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited April 2014
    jazen wrote:
    Vuneca wrote:

Yep, I'm a busy stay at home mommy of 4 kids ages 17-4. They keep me on the go. It's spring break this week, so lots of fun family time.

My book is a twisted fairytale. It's a remake of one of my sim stories, completely revamped and made book ready. Or being made book ready LOL. It's been a long process. I'm doing it in honor of a simming friend of mine that loved the story. She passed away at the end of January, it was her idea and encouragement that made me take on the project.

It's a dark DARK retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Has is a definite rated R story. It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure LOL.

Twisted Corners

hmm interesting. I may check it out when it is published.
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    jazen wrote:
    Vuneca wrote:

Twisted Corners

jazen I'm impressed!!! Soo great you wrote a book!! It's my dream to write a book but, although I speak a few languages, at the end I don't feel I speak (or write) none of them good enough :( So I'm happy enough with my rather modest "Simstories"...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jazen wrote:
    Vuneca wrote:

Twisted Corners
    Oh wow. Your book sounds amazing, jazen. I would definately pick that up in a bookstore. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jazen wrote:
    Vuneca wrote:

Twisted Corners

This is wonderful and please let us know when its released, I would love to check it out. I just checked out the link the story sounds very interesting, if I wasn't so exhausted from a double shift today I would continue to read. Going to wait until the morning.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Remember kids, never trust an alien ghost

tumblr_inline_n3p0uaBK771r1cgut.jpg

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/742054.page#11924719

Or the one where Peter is a hot dad, Ophelia is hardcore and Quintalyn has some issues
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks ladies. I've set a tentative release date for April 28th. Still working on edits, but I should be able to make that goal. :)

Eliroc--I speak only one language and am finding that I still struggle with all the grammar rules. What I've learned in this process is to write your story then have a very good editor type person to make it clean. :) I have two very good friends that have a much better handle on all the grammar rules that the English language possess. Without their help, I'd be in a world of hurt. LOL.

carlimact--it probably won't make it to book stores. Very few self pubbing authors wind up there unless they luck out and get one with a publishing house. But if you have an ereader, you'll be able to get it that way.

PG--wow a double shift. :( You need to get some much needed rest after that.

Have a great day ladies. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited April 2014
    @jazen-Please keep us informed on the status of the book. I wish you the best and it must be so exciting for you :)

@everyone-I have another update ready

Chapter 23-Confessions and Confrontations
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New update

Chapter 9

13650711245_272ba8a8c4_o.jpg
  • Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow! Luvin all these updates! :mrgreen:

Jazen, would luv to order your book when you finish it! I can feel your pain as far as being busy. I have four kids and a grandchild. Luckily, they aren't as into sports as yours are. Two of them may be getting back into soccer this fall, though. It's hard to keep track of all the schedules! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Ladies!!

I've been very busy during the last days, dealing with RL issues, and therefore not able at all to check on any of your wonderful stories. I'm so sorry...

I'll move to another country in 6 months and, OMG there's soooo much to do. I don't have the habit of keeping things that have no utility (and I'm glad for that) but, still, so many things to get rid of, so many things to organize... it's an endless task... :? :-(

Anyway... I'm trying to at least do one update on my story this week and catch up on some of yours.

Have fun playing!!! :thumbup:

EDIT: This is now totally weird. I had just enough time to do a short update and, to my surprise, the parents/founders of my story desappeared! Zoe has no parents!!! :shock:
    I tried to add parents to her (using NRaas Mod) but they aren't even there, Melody and Leo. But I know I didn't delete anything. How come??!!Last time I played, they just got elders and my game is set on epic. I don't understand how something like this can happen!
    This is said because I was going to keep the gravestones and make a small family graveyard... :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As you probably know already, I started a new thread, listing all the challenges and I'm also adding the stories to each challenge.

TS3 NEW Challenge & Role Play List!

I added yesterday all stories of this challenge also. Please let me know if you find any mistake there, so I can fix it.

All the best!
    EliRoc

• Options
    AngelzzzDaydream0AngelzzzDaydream0 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi Eliroc! Where are you moving to?? I know how hard it is to just move a few miles, let alone to an entirely different country! WOW! I often wonder about it as my hubby is from Australia and his immigration has not gone through yet. I just don't know how we would do it, it's so expensive! Plus I have all the kids and my granddaughter too! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hi Eliroc! Where are you moving to?? I know how hard it is to just move a few miles, let alone to an entirely different country! WOW! I often wonder about it as my hubby is from Australia and his immigration has not gone through yet. I just don't know how we would do it, it's so expensive! Plus I have all the kids and my granddaughter too! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you! :)

I'm moving to Switzerland, where I used to live before. I'm in Canada right now. It is a lot to do on both countries. The worse thing, I find, is that, due to the distance, we cannot just pack everything. So we get rid of lots of things just to buy them again... :? :roll:
    We don't have kids, it's just me and my boyfriend, what make things a little easier. And we have family on both sides, what make things a bit less expensive also.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New update added

13746623694_d29121100b_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ELIROC wrote:
    I'm moving to Switzerland, where I used to live before. I'm in Canada right now. It is a lot to do on both countries. The worse thing, I find, is that, due to the distance, we cannot just pack everything. So we get rid of lots of things just to buy them again... :? :roll:
    We don't have kids, it's just me and my boyfriend, what make things a little easier. And we have family on both sides, what make things a bit less expensive also.

Moving is a big Pain in the ..... when it just around the corner and I do not even want to try and imagine moving across the ocean. That has got to be a lot of work.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited April 2014
    Going Solo challenge. hmmm This is something I definitely have to try! :D Hello everyone. Keep writing those stories. I like to lurk.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rawla wrote:
    Going Solo challenge. hmmm This is something I definitely have to try! :D Hello everyone. Keep writing those stories. I like to lurk.
    Hi there Rawla!
    Welcome to the challenge! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @Rawla welcome to Going Solo, if you do start the challenge please keep us updated.

@Everyone-New Update.

Chapter 24-The Aftermath

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top