Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aaron Houts Hints a Good Week Ahead

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SC_AdminSC_Admin Posts: 498 Member
    edited April 2014
    Let's be honest here, your question was just a simple question towards lack of The Sims 4 news. There was no disrespect and certainly not hate. I'd think the same since YibSims knew a lot of The Sims 4 info before they could release it (due to EA's embargo).
    ''This is just the beginning for our fans. We’re bringing a select few into our inner circle and they’ll get special access to the development team and will have visibility into key parts of the game as it develops. '' <-- this is probably what you meant with your question.
    SimsVIP's respond was too much exaggerated. It could've been done in a much calmer way, like WeeAlbet did, but each to it's own.
    lovcat, I think you shouldn't leave this community. There are still plenty of people here who respect each other's opinions. I'm sure it'll all be better once The Sims 4 comes out :-)
    scnewsignature.png
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2014
    Let's be honest here, your question was just a simple question towards lack of The Sims 4 news. There was no disrespect and certainly not hate. I'd think the same since YibSims knew a lot of The Sims 4 info before they could release it (due to EA's embargo).
    ''This is just the beginning for our fans. We’re bringing a select few into our inner circle and they’ll get special access to the development team and will have visibility into key parts of the game as it develops. '' <-- this is probably what you meant with your question.
    SimsVIP's respond was too much exaggerated. It could've been done in a much calmer way, like WeeAlbet did, but each to it's own.
    lovcat, I think you shouldn't leave this community. There are still plenty of people here who respect each other's opinions. I'm sure it'll all be better once The Sims 4 comes out :-)

Thank you. I agree.. The yibsims thing was no disrespect but it wasn't publicized how long the connection lasted and in the reveal they said they'd be getting info the entire time the game is being made. Was logical for me to assume those were channels open in one way shape or form. One comment from the yibsims would likely put the whole thing to bed.

I'm sure most people were thinking it. I just said it like I usually do. I'm still waiting on some sort of apology which I'll likely never get, but I hope there will be one. I think it got out of hand.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    Thanks, Cinderellimouse. I accept your apology.

I was mostly upset being targeted by the two people who run the SimsVIP website especially since they have a really large twitter base. Anyone could easily come and trace the initial post that sparked the fire to me so it felt like the finger was pointed at me and continued to be perpetuated that I was the bad guy for it.

I already closed my twitter account and I am still leaving the community. I feel really hurt doing all of this because I looked up to every one of the users that singled out the post. So much for feeling like you're an equal.

Either way. Cheers.

Hi there. I would like to know exactly what it is that you think I did to target you? Everything I have said I said directly to you, initially on here, which I don't think was harsh at all, or when you tweeted me accusing me of targeting you, bullying you, setting a mob on you and trashing you.

That long Twitter conversation I wasn't a part of. When that conversation was happening I was playing Goat Simulator (hilarious game BTW). When I came back to Twitter I had 40+ notifications and didn't know what was going on with that conversation. I tried reading it, but honestly, the Twitter set up for reading conversations is difficult to understand.

I then tweeted that my Twitter notifications had exploded, to which two people replied to. This was when you joined the conversation and accused me of targeting you and bullying you. Those tweets that I replied with to you accusing me of doing such things and getting a mob behind me are still there, your replies may be absent, but the other tweets in the conversation are still present.

You can read them here:

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451065241443782656

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451065543559491586

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451065724254306304

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451066268712706048

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451067344836886528

https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/451067502236540928

This is all I have said to and about you. In now way, shape or form did I target, bully or get a mob on you.
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited April 2014
    It just felt like it was handled badly and I said above that your response was valid and I saw from all the mentions more was said by others.

Even after I felt like it was perpetuated like "oh well." If you see people being rude and unfair over a situation that was done and had no real intention of being the big thing it became don't you step in and tell em to chill out?

I continued to see tweets that talked badly about the community here beginning with the post and essentially lumping me into what's wrong which if you have actually read any of my posts I am all for the game and don't have any bad feelings towards the group.

Still felt like people ganging up based on the tweets I saw and it would've taken a moment to tell them to stop.

I went back and deleted all my posts which weren't even offensive and still the tweet above was screen capped when she could've just walked away and dropped it. I told her sorry and told her I deleted the posts.

But whatever if you feel like it was handled ok then that's your opinion.

It's not jealousy towards the yibsims I feel. It feels hypocritical to fire back on a group as a whole because 2 or 3 users (not me) say they hate it.

If you read my post at all above I made points why I thought the info channel was still open. But anyway I'm done with this and I don't want either of your apologies anymore.

At least now it has come to light how the larger sites feel about this community as a whole even the ones in it who agree with them.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    It just felt like it was handled badly and I said above that your response was valid and I saw from all the mentions more was said by others.

Even after I felt like it was perpetuated like "oh well." If you see people being rude and unfair over a situation that was done and had no real intention of being the big thing it became don't you step in and tell em to chill out?

I continued to see tweets that talked badly about the community here beginning with the post and essentially lumping me into what's wrong which if you have actually read any of my posts I am all for the game and don't have any bad feelings towards the group.

Still felt like people ganging up based on the tweets I saw and it would've taken a moment to tell them to stop.

I went back and deleted all my posts which weren't even offensive and still the tweet above was screen capped when she could've just walked away and dropped it. I told her sorry and told her I deleted the posts.

But whatever if you feel like it was handled ok then that's your opinion.

It's not jealousy towards the yibsims I feel. It feels hypocritical to fire back on a group as a whole because 2 or 3 users (not me) say they hate it.

If you read my post at all above I made points why I thought the info channel was still open. But anyway I'm done with this and I don't want either of your apologies anymore.

At least now it has come to light how the larger sites feel about this community as a whole even the ones in it who agree with them.

Hi there! I understand that, but I do not understand why it is that you think I did this to you. Like I said, I was not part of that conversation, nor did I read it because I was confused trying to make sense of what was going on.

I have no opinion on what happened because I don't know what happened. All I know is what I read from your original post on here (which is quoted in my first response to this thread), and when you tweeted me accusing me of targeting you, bullying you, setting a mob on you and trashing you. That there is what I am confused about because I didn't do any of that.

I don't know what it is that you think I have done for me to apologize to you for, but I am wondering if I will ever get an apology from you for accusing me of doing those things. While you may have seen tweets from people, none of them were from me. I may have been mentioned in them via Twitter's tagging system, but at no point was I personally involved in them. Everything I have said I said directly to you in a respectful manner. I at no point ganged up on you.

I came back on the forums to find you accusing me of doing those things and that upsets me a lot that someone would think that of me. I do not encourage, agree with or condone bullying in the slightest so I wouldn't do anything to bully someone.

If you feel like I don't care about this community or the game then I can't do anything to change your mind. I have been a Simmer since the very beginning, I have watched this series and community grow from the very beginning and I love it. I interact with everyone, whether it is on Twitter or via the comments on my YouTube videos regardless of what they do with their game or who they are within the community.

I do not, and never will, class anyone any differently as a Simmer and member of this community based on what they do. Whether that is a fansite, YouTuber, Tumbler, Twitter, forum frequenter or someone who just enjoys the game and discussing it. We are ALL part of this community regardless of what we do.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited April 2014
    I speak to some of the people who were invited to the TS4 event, people who may or may not be considered 'yibsims' (a term we were debating the meaning of, agreeing it should apply to ALL the fans) and...

THIS is what I was going to say. We are all Yibsims.

I'm sorry if that sounds corny, but it is a corny word and all, and also one that only a yibsim would even know to begin with :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    dancerREHdancerREH Posts: 370 New Member
    edited April 2014
    does anyone really understand the whole yibsim thing?
    I don't! I'll be entirely honest and say that I don't know who the yibsim people are, what they do or why they were chosen
    some people act like it's a super exclusive club of people who get special treatment and no one is aloud to join unless they are one of the chosen ones
    I guess the yibsims feel like the rest of the sims fans hate them
    they're just jealous
    the fact that EA even acknowledged their existence is probably enough to get some people jealous let alone the people who think they're secretly told all about the game before anyone else
    it's unbelievable how one little word that no one really understands can tear apart a community
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2014
    Poor Aaron, he was just trying to give a friendly Monday morning greeting and everyone must've bombarded him with questions about TS4. It's no wonder the Gurus hardly tweet anything, everything they say is scrutinized and manipulated to mean something TS4 related.

As ticked off as we are with the lack of news, show a little respect and give them some room.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2014
    Poor Aaron, he was just trying to give a friendly Monday morning greeting and everyone must've bombarded him with questions about TS4. It's no wonder the Gurus hardly tweet anything, everything they say is scrutinized and manipulated to mean something TS4 related.

As ticked off as we are with the lack of news, show a little respect and give them some room.

Well it's not like they weren't expecting an enormous number of replies asking about TS4, and I assume they use a web browser when they get on twitter so it's not like they get any notifications either. The SimGuru twitter accounts were made specifically for the purpose of communicating with the fans, while some have separate accounts which are protected.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2014
    It takes a lot of time and energy to run successful media outlet (blog, website, tumblr etc) so I don't understand why people get so angry about it seeing as they had no idea EA were going to pick them for exclusives.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2014
    Molie86 wrote:
    It takes a lot of time and energy to run successful media outlet (blog, website, tumblr etc) so I don't understand why people get so angry about it seeing as they had no idea EA were going to pick them for exclusives.

I don't understand the jealous attitudes either. Fansite owners have always been invited to particular events. Or people well known (builders, meshers, whatever) within the community. What made people irked was the 'news' would only be given to those people then have to be passed along. I thought they promised to give these fansites or individuals updates of things happening while they developed the game. This doesn't seem to be true. I thought yay! just like Peter Jackson's Hobbit News website we would get updates as the game developed. They would share with YibSims the nitty gritty details like he did, as they went along.

That is just about what they did say, so I am not sure why they haven't let these people know steps they are taking or what they are doing or releasing anything new to these fansites or people. It's a big let down for some of us because we actually believed they would update those people on a weekly, monthly, or semi monthly basis or something but nothing for months.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.