Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aaron Houts Hints a Good Week Ahead

SimGuruHouts recently posted on Twitter:
Best wishes for a good week ahead, fellow Simmers!

It could just be some random tweet, but it could also be a hint of The Sims 4 news coming this week. They've already released a lot of stuff recently, so it's highly possible. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

EDIT: I just want to point out that SimGuruHouts is a The Sims 4 guru, not a The Sims 3 one, so this is likely not about the store content.

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited March 2014
    Doesnt sound anything other than a random tweet, i would not hold my breath.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited March 2014
    Yeh, he's probably got the week off.

• Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited March 2014
    It seems less random to me than "Hope you all have a great week, simmers." Might be hinting to something from the wording, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2014
    It could be, but I'm still not going to get my hopes up. As it is now, I'm still not expecting much before E3. I do hope I'm wrong, though.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited March 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It could be, but I'm still not going to get my hopes up. As it is now, I'm still not expecting much before E3. I do hope I'm wrong, though.

I think we will get something before E3. That is in early to middlish June, which doesn't give them much time for marketing.

Whether we get something this week or not...I wouldn't get my hopes up because then you have reason to be disappointed if we don't. They have been starting to generate some buzz lately with the survey, abby road pic and new render from today, so I think we will get some news sooner rather then later.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited March 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

I think we will get something before E3. That is in early to middlish June, which doesn't give them much time for marketing.

Whether we get something this week or not...I wouldn't get my hopes up because then you have reason to be disappointed if we don't. They have been starting to generate some buzz lately with the survey, abby road pic and new render from today, so I think we will get some news sooner rather then later.
    E3 is late, but my thinking is that it's the biggest gaming event of the year, which makes it the perfect time to launch an all-out marketing blitz between then and release.

Even if we get some new info before, maybe a couple of LBs or stuff like that, I still think it could be at E3 that they launch the full marketing campaign - the one aimed at a whole general audience, not just the current fans like the LBs are.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I was trying to post this a few hours ago and got errors, but I'll try it again now. I want to pose a legitimate question to all of you.

Is 3 months enough time to properly advertise a video game? If we have radio silence until e3 which is June 10-12th and the release if it continues to be close to Sept 15-26, that's about 3 months time.

We'll likely get live broadcasts every month until its released and likely some Sim Thursdays featuring new content. Along with an assumed TV spot maybe 2-3 weeks out and banners/promotions in stores close to then.

Is that enough time? Say the bulk of people pre-order 2 weeks to a month before the game is released. Do you think you'll know enough if you've only seen 3 months worth of hype?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2014
    Someone on Simsvip's forum said there probebly won't be any new sims 4 info until after the store bakery is released this week.

Friday then?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Someone on Simsvip's forum said there probebly won't be any new sims 4 info until after the store bakery is released this week.

Friday then?

I personally think we're overlooking what we have been seeing, which of course isn't a lot, but it is still new and newsworthy. (speaking about the images)

People are gonna be hard against TS4 until they see what they want. No doubt about that, but we have seen new things and they're sprinkling new things in the past few days which leads me to believe that we will see stuff soon. It's too much of a coincidence that tomorrow we flip to the new fiscal year which would allow for more marketing from a business perspective.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah info about new lighting for ts4 is posted on simsvip for those who haven't seen.

I've also noticed they keep releasing renders.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    forget it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    Yeah info about new lighting for ts4 is posted on simsvip for those who haven't seen.

I have a feeling that some yibsims are still getting info or being told to hold off on certain info until it's finalized. The article sources a guru post from August. Why didn't we hear about it then? Maybe she just got the confirmation or the ok to post it.

I can't stand that whole "yibsims" thing. So lame.

• Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm thinking we're not going to get much this week. I am SERIOUSLY hoping that the news starts flowing next week. If they leave it too much longer, then they're taking the ****.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:

I have a feeling that some yibsims are still getting info or being told to hold off on certain info until it's finalized. The article sources a guru post from August. Why didn't we hear about it then? Maybe she just got the confirmation or the ok to post it.

Howdy! That was me who wrote that article, not Alexis lol. I'm not a YibSim. I came across the article by chance when I was looking to figure out what ambient occlusion actually is and if that was the lighting system used in The Sims 3. It was when I was reading some of the posts that I came across SimGuruMeatball's comments about it and made a little post on it.

While there hasn't been much talk about the new engine being used, I thought it might be interesting for people who were wanting to know how The Sims 4 graphics actually is superior to The Sims 3's graphics and why. As far as I know all the information that YibSims have been given was given to them at Gamescom and they have released it all now. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2014
    It means nothing about The Sims. Perhaps he was wishing people a good week during Lent. Who is to say what he meant by a good week other than to have a good week. It is often said to those you aren't going to be in contact with for the week. Or during a holiday or something as important as Lent.

Heck, I said it to my dentist's office staff as I went out the door. It's just saying 'have a good week! we really do need to stop grasping at straws. Not everything is about The Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm sorry.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    accident.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:

Friday then?

I personally think we're overlooking what we have been seeing, which of course isn't a lot, but it is still new and newsworthy. (speaking about the images)

People are gonna be hard against TS4 until they see what they want. No doubt about that, but we have seen new things and they're sprinkling new things in the past few days which leads me to believe that we will see stuff soon. It's too much of a coincidence that tomorrow we flip to the new fiscal year which would allow for more marketing from a business perspective.

Technically that's today, but it's unlikely they'll release any serious information today on account of it being April Fools.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Everyone show some yibsim love or their followers and publicly humiliate and trash your comments on twitter. Too bad they won't apologize for what they've done.

Last comment ever. Goodbye and hope everyone enjoys the game and gets all the info they want.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat wrote:
    Everyone show some yibsim love or their followers and publicly humiliate and trash your comments on twitter. Too bad they won't apologize for what they've done.

Last comment ever. Goodbye and hope everyone enjoys the game and gets all the info they want.

Not sure if this is an April Fool's-... or... the real thing.

I have a love/hate relationship with the 1st of April. I can never understand whether anyone is telling the truth or just joking around.
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I don't do April Fools. I'm just done with the bullies. I took down the post and I felt that Weealbet's comment was fair and not harsh.. the twitter followers went crazy. SimVIP even started posting after I had retracted all my posts. I feel like I got ganged up and bullied and lumped into the crowd that hates yibsims. I don't. I just wondered if the connection was still going and why there's more info from Honeywell than SimsVIP at this point. I'm sad to see the website be toned down and loved the theories they'd come up with.

This is for real my last post and I wish I could stay with the community but apparently everyone here is rude and ready to gang up on one person's comment as if they were the entire community.

Wish they'd say sorry but they won't. So I'm saying goodbye. Hope this is a cautionary tale for whoever says something out of turn or else you'll be humiliated and spoken ill of on twitter. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited April 2014
    OK, I admit to being a total ignoramus on the subject, I don't Twitter/Facebook/whatever, but what is a yibsim? I have no idea what happened on this post, but someone got really upset, and I have no idea what is going on here. So far I have gotten all my Sims 4 updates off of these posts and their attached web links. Would anyone care to elaborate on what all of this means?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited April 2014
    lovcat, I'm so sorry! I know I was a part of that and please believe me I didn't intend to make you feel like we were ganging up on you! Please understand, the conversation wasn't about the one specific comment you made, but about the thousands of negative and hurtful comments people made about the 'yibsims'.

You're right, it IS rude to gang up on people, and that is exactly what we were complaining about! Inadvertently, we did this to you.

Twitter is an odd place, and I only saw the conversation from my own side (the people I follow and communicate with). So, you may have seen a different angle on the conversation. I can't speak for everyone, but the conversation from my side was actually quite constructive and definitely not intending to attack anyone.

I'll admit guilt when I know I've done something wrong. I did notice your comment, and I'll admit it rankled a bit because I dislike the conspiracy theories that float around. I speak to some of the people who were invited to the TS4 event, people who may or may not be considered 'yibsims' (a term we were debating the meaning of, agreeing it should apply to ALL the fans) and they are kind, good, friendly, helpful, warm, funny, genuine PEOPLE who give up a lot of their time to help the community. So, yes, I stick up for people I like when I feel people are being unfair to them. So that is why I said I liked Weealbet's comment.

Nothing else I said was aimed at you. I was talking about the negativity in general n the community. I'm upset that we upset you, because that was definitely NOT my intention.

Of course you can say whatever you want to say! But the thing about saying something on a public forum, is that people have the right to disagree with you.

I can understand why you feel like you were ganged up against. I'm happy to talk about it if you want to. I'm a bit sad that you feel pushed out of the community.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks, Cinderellimouse. I accept your apology.

I was mostly upset being targeted by the two people who run the SimsVIP website especially since they have a really large twitter base. Anyone could easily come and trace the initial post that sparked the fire to me so it felt like the finger was pointed at me and continued to be perpetuated that I was the bad guy for it.

I already closed my twitter account and I am still leaving the community. I feel really hurt doing all of this because I looked up to every one of the users that singled out the post. So much for feeling like you're an equal.

Either way. Cheers.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think this entire "YibSim" controversy is caused by a simple misunderstanding. I don't think the "YibSim" title was intended by EA to refer to an organized group. They were just calling the people who attended the conference call "best friends" in Simlish, but it got blown out of proportion.

There have always been community events where selected fans were invited to. SimsCamp was really no different than any of those.