Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 12 March; End 8 April?

Comments

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey, someone here (I think it was ryuutane? but maybe not) said they contacted customer service when they inadvertently bought the greenhouse after already owning it, and that customer service gave them the simpoints they had lost. Well, I opened DD just now, saw the greenhouse with the big green "download" (not "buy now" button, and thought, "Oh! They fixed the problem!" and I clicked it. And got charged. :(

Anyone know how I can reach customer service? I can never find a link anywhere on the site.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    edited March 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    Will the Reaper House be on daily deal again, does anyone know? I can't believe I missed it. :(
    Only a privileged few on the Sims 3 Store team know if the list will repeat again and whether the whole list or part of it will repeat.
    Having the cows and the chicken now, I even got a nice idea for a sims-challenge. I think I will play a sim-family, which will go from poorness to richness mostly through farming. I might allow other jobs too, but only self-employement jobs, no rabit-hole-jobs. They will start with a little lot and have to find the first seeds, and one day they should have a big farm house with maybe even more than one lot for farming and maybe even horse breeding. I still have to figure out the detailes and rules.

Well I will need the tractor later too for this. But not now, that has to wait for a little while. Hm...does anyone knows if the tractor is functioning on a lot which is not the main residential lot?
    This is a great theme for a challenge. I was very excited when the tractor was released as that item would make it easier to run family farms. In addition to farming, I would have the family fish and search for collectibles. If you search the forums, there may be someone who has already set up rules for a farming challenge based on the prairie life and Apocalypse themed challenges. If not, I would be interested in seeing what you come up with.

I have a Sim that owns two lots. One with the main residence, cows, chickens and horses. I used a second lot for the farm fields. I was able to use the tractor on that lot.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    This is a very short (and fast!) list and although there are no certainties with the Daily Deal I would expect to see this one go round at least once more, if not several more times.

So most previous lists have been longer and taken a longer time to get through than this one? Since this is my first time watching a list from the moment the first deal went up, I don't know how previous lists went.

On another note, I'm glad I had the luxury of catching up on sleep this morning, since it looks like I'll be up late to try to catch the bistro tonight. Now, to catch up on food. I've been worse with food than I have been with sleep, but I can't really blame that on the DD rotation...

Mia - oh no! :( My condolences on your "stolen" simpoints. I don't know how to contact customer service, but hopefully someone else will tell you.
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited March 2014
    FryeGuy24 wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:
    This is a very short (and fast!) list and although there are no certainties with the Daily Deal I would expect to see this one go round at least once more, if not several more times.

So most previous lists have been longer and taken a longer time to get through than this one? Since this is my first time watching a list from the moment the first deal went up, I don't know how previous lists went.

On another note, I'm glad I had the luxury of catching up on sleep this morning, since it looks like I'll be up late to try to catch the bistro tonight. Now, to catch up on food. I've been worse with food than I have been with sleep, but I can't really blame that on the DD rotation...

Mia - oh no! :( My condolences on your "stolen" simpoints. I don't know how to contact customer service, but hopefully someone else will tell you.

Most lists have been at least twice this long...and not nearly as exciting. At least since I started watching.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That's interesting, Flashygrrl. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited March 2014
    Mia -- at the bottom of this page is the word SUPPORT in green letters. Under this is Help. Click on that and it will take you to the Help page. At the bottom of the page should be an orange button that says "Contact Us". You should then get an option to do "live chat" or "call me back". I always have them call me so I don't spend an eternity waiting at the computer. The longest I've waited for a call back is about an hour but at least I could get other things done in the meantime. The "call back" people are super helpful - always resolved my issues including refunds. :-)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    Anyone know how I can reach customer service? I can never find a link anywhere on the site.

There's a link on the first page, third post that takes you to the main Help page, I think you have to follow the prompts through and it will, eventually, offer you a choice of Live Chat and/or phone call depending on your country. Good luck. Be firm, be polite, be (very) patient, they can actually be helpful and should sort your problem out..

FryeGuy24 wrote:
    ajaxpost wrote:

Oh yes, and this won't be your last either I suspect! :lol:

The first post of each of these threads will have a link back to the previous list thread and they can be quite entertaining (and sometimes frightening!). We have had lists of over 400 deals! We have had lists that repeated for two months! We have had practically every scenario you could imagine! :lol:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, Ajaxpost! That's great information. I've read the first post in this thread so many times, and I don't know how I missed the link to the previous rotation every single time, lol. Seeing that it was the "December 2013 list" and lasted until March, that says something.

Looks like the previous rotation had a lot more stand-alone items than this one. I remember grabbing a few of them now.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    despina53 wrote:
    Mia -- at the bottom of this page is the word SUPPORT in green letters. Under this is Help. Click on that and it will take you to the Help page. At the bottom of the page should be an orange button that says "Contact Us". You should then get an option to do "live chat" or "call me back". I always have them call me so I don't spend an eternity waiting at the computer. The longest I've waited for a call back is about an hour but at least I could get other things done in the meantime. The "call back" people are super helpful - always resolved my issues including refunds. :-)
    Thank you, Dee and Adrian. :) I've had issues with EA support in the past, but that was a couple of years ago, and usually involving a game technical issue. It may be because the development team doesn't support them, so they can't really support it in turn.

I am having them call me back (I'm stuck at my computer anyway, but I can't keep that page up because I'm busy programming), and hopefully they can help.

Thanks, guys!
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited March 2014
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    Will the Reaper House be on daily deal again, does anyone know? I can't believe I missed it. :(

Stay tuned to this thread and, of course, Jodi's Awesome DD Schedule Calculating Spreadsheet.

Patience grasshopper, the deal will come to you :-)
    Thanks. I so hope it does! :-)
  • Options
    ryuutaneryuutane Posts: 208
    edited March 2014
    I think for this DD run I was really lucky. :mrgreen: And I really have to say thanks, to you Me1620 for the spreadsheet, to keveksi and Elianahere for the calculator and to ryuutane, for the gift, as her gift gave me an additional discount for the chicken. :thumbup: Also a thank you to the other people here. Their hints and tips helped me with catching good deals and especially the fast deals. And the conversation on this thread was a good and enjoyable way to keep awake while waiting for a deal right in the middle of the night. :wink:
    I'm glad to hear you've done so well to catch the best deals!
    despina53 wrote:
    Thank you, Dee and Adrian. :) I've had issues with EA support in the past, but that was a couple of years ago, and usually involving a game technical issue. It may be because the development team doesn't support them, so they can't really support it in turn.

I am having them call me back (I'm stuck at my computer anyway, but I can't keep that page up because I'm busy programming), and hopefully they can help.

Thanks, guys!
    Oh no, I can imagine the letdown once you discovered the points had been taken off after all! Luckily the other DD stalkers were able to give you some good advice - I've only ever used live chat myself. But yes, Double charge is the magic word, and remaining firm so that tier 2 can give back the points.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ryuutane wrote:
    Oh no, I can imagine the letdown once you discovered the points had been taken off after all! Luckily the other DD stalkers were able to give you some good advice - I've only ever used live chat myself. But yes, Double charge is the magic word, and remaining firm so that tier 2 can give back the points.
    I didn't even have to be firm - he gave me the points back plus some! Turned out there was another time I was charged twice for the same set (it was in my history, I had never noticed it before), so he gave me those back, too. He said that anyone who spends as much as I do on Simpoints he's not going to argue with. :)

So I'm good. And I have more to spend. :)

Edit: And at least I'm never going to have to worry about the store offering me the greenhouse again, thinking I don't own it. :) The rep said it might be because the man hours it would take to fix it would be more than the man hours for the calls they get on it. I doubt that, but what I think it is, is that the programmers feel that THEIR man hours are more important than those of CS reps, and therefore they don't care about the CS man hours at all. This is my own experience working at a software company before; most developers just don't care about what the CS reps have to deal with. (Some do, but it's pretty rare, and when you find a developer like that, it's gold. At least from the CS rep POV!)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited March 2014
    I didn't even have to be firm - he gave me the points back plus some! Turned out there was another time I was charged twice for the same set (it was in my history, I had never noticed it before), so he gave me those back, too. He said that anyone who spends as much as I do on Simpoints he's not going to argue with. :)

So I'm good. And I have more to spend. :)
    Excellent news, a great result!

Others have experienced some shocking support from EA and I recall the first time I asked about a problem in the game and the best answer I got was 'we can't help or even report bugs, go check the forums' despite the fact, as I learnt, it was an old and well known bug. Of course, it was fixed by a modder a good year before EA could do it.

But, I've since had a good experience with a Store billing problem, and as you have just proved it is worth reporting problems; you can get a good outcome.

Now, if they would only stop releasing buggy software and could get a grip of their Store database! :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Edit: And at least I'm never going to have to worry about the store offering me the greenhouse again, thinking I don't own it. :) The rep said it might be because the man hours it would take to fix it would be more than the man hours for the calls they get on it. I doubt that, but what I think it is, is that the programmers feel that THEIR man hours are more important than those of CS reps, and therefore they don't care about the CS man hours at all. This is my own experience working at a software company before; most developers just don't care about what the CS reps have to deal with. (Some do, but it's pretty rare, and when you find a developer like that, it's gold. At least from the CS rep POV!)

That's interesting. I've never worked in software development, but I've worked as a product developer and can still relate to this. The problem for me was that unless there was a specific question CS couldn't answer or a really massive problem on a best-selling product, the developers were rarely notified about any customers having issues. I think management just wanted to keep us busy trying to find the next big thing rather than dealing with products that were already sold. Developers got paid more than CS, so management figured it was better to keep the problem in CS's hands. It's a shame, because I would have always liked to have that information to be able to make my next product better.

Glad you got your simpoints back, though!
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, setting my alarm for 1AM then watching the DD page on my secondary monitor while I played Bioshock Infinite proved rather fruitful! I got Farm Fresh Folk and Grim's Ghastly Manor early this morning, and finally I got Provence for 95SP! I only had Foyer Frills and the Surface al Fresco Dining table (which was one of the first objects I ever bought from the store actually, and also one of my favorites.)

I am well pleased with my shopping efforts, now I'm just waiting on the Al Fresco Market, which was the entire reason I started watching this list. :lol: At least I'm home for it today!

Someone mentioned a couple pages back about Aussies getting a bit of a raw deal with the ability to buy simpoints at the store being broken. There's a fix for it, but it involves using a US billing address, and I'm really not sure that is legit. You can also still through origin, but we do get charged more, even after the USD to AUD conversion. It's something like 30 cents, but still! The Australia tax is a crappy way of doing business.
  • Options
    dragon114dragon114 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited March 2014
    miss the grim manor but when should the bistro show up.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited March 2014
    Mia -- Glad to hear it worked out for you. :D
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well done Mia,

'FIGHT THE POWER'
    (although you did not really have to) ;)
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm so happy cause I finally got my Cows this morning! :mrgreen: I was so afraid I was going to miss them again cause I had to go to work at around the same time the cows came up but I had time to get to work, put the signs out, and open with 2 mins to spare! :mrgreen:
    So when Futureshock had 30 sec left I went to FFFS and when the page loaded I had to reload the page and when it loaded it was still on DD so I quickly tapped the buy now button and then I got them! I was so happy! :mrgreen: I LOVE my new iPad mini cause it loads pages so much faster then my iPhone 3 (Can't wait to get a new phone!) :mrgreen:
    Congrats to everyone else who got them in the 30 secs they were up! :mrgreen:
    Now I'm thinking about getting Al Fresco Street Market cause I love the ivy and the twinkling tree columns look so pretty :-) and okay having the eggplants and lemon trees will complete my list of all the harvestables for my farmers that I'm about to create. :D
    Also sorry about all the smilies I'm still just really happy I got the cows this time! :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited March 2014
    Provence sold out with 39 mins left
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, setting my alarm for 1AM then watching the DD page on my secondary monitor while I played Bioshock Infinite proved rather fruitful! I got Farm Fresh Folk and Grim's Ghastly Manor early this morning, and finally I got Provence for 95SP! I only had Foyer Frills and the Surface al Fresco Dining table (which was one of the first objects I ever bought from the store actually, and also one of my favorites.)

I am well pleased with my shopping efforts, now I'm just waiting on the Al Fresco Market, which was the entire reason I started watching this list. :lol: At least I'm home for it today!

Someone mentioned a couple pages back about Aussies getting a bit of a raw deal with the ability to buy simpoints at the store being broken. There's a fix for it, but it involves using a US billing address, and I'm really not sure that is legit. You can also still through origin, but we do get charged more, even after the USD to AUD conversion. It's something like 30 cents, but still! The Australia tax is a crappy way of doing business.

Not to derail, but I really, really liked BioShock Infinite. The first BioShock is still my favorite. "A man chooses, a slave obeys." Such great writing.

Back on track, congrats on your great buys. I too am waiting for the market. I have work in the morning, so will set an alarm and hope the Not Too Routine Machine doesn't sell out too quickly. :lol:
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,998 Member
    edited March 2014
    Provence sold out with 39 mins left

Thanks for posting. I was watching when the deal was at 96% claimed, got called away and missed when it turned. You saved me from calculating clock math.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited March 2014
    all i want is "The Duke" im in the middle of a move and all i got is my android to surf the net hope i get
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited March 2014
    It looks like I will be getting Faire Folk this time as well, yay! It's currently due to start at 6:41 AM my time, which is around/a bit before when I wake up, so I should be able to get it, assuming it doesn't sell out ridiculously fast and I don't unintentionally sleep in, both of which are quite unlikely. Though it'd still be nice if it shifted some and started a bit later.

ETA: I have the sudden impulse to go for the Al Fresco Market... not sure if it's a good thing that I'm 91 SP short, since I haven't gotten a single ad since my first day, and can't get it. It is an amazing deal...

And I realized, if this list goes around a few more times I might have a chance to get enough SP for it, if the free-SP ads start being kind to me again and actually SHOWING UP. :roll: Fingers crossed for more ads I guess.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    saint_gambisaint_gambi Posts: 286 Member
    edited March 2014
    Blondie019 wrote:
    I'm so happy cause I finally got my Cows this morning! :mrgreen: I was so afraid I was going to miss them again cause I had to go to work at around the same time the cows came up but I had time to get to work, put the signs out, and open with 2 mins to spare! :mrgreen:
    So when Futureshock had 30 sec left I went to FFFS and when the page loaded I had to reload the page and when it loaded it was still on DD so I quickly tapped the buy now button and then I got them! I was so happy! :mrgreen: I LOVE my new iPad mini cause it loads pages so much faster then my iPhone 3 (Can't wait to get a new phone!) :mrgreen:
    Congrats to everyone else who got them in the 30 secs they were up! :mrgreen:
    Now I'm thinking about getting Al Fresco Street Market cause I love the ivy and the twinkling tree columns look so pretty :-) and okay having the eggplants and lemon trees will complete my list of all the harvestables for my farmers that I'm about to create. :D
    Also sorry about all the smilies I'm still just really happy I got the cows this time! :mrgreen:

I was surprised we didn't already have lemon trees when I started exploring the gardening skill and they are the main reason I want the Al Fresco Market. I also really want that new Bohemian Garden, but that's totally secondary to the market. I really want lemon trees!

(I'm also well pleased I got cows. Congrats to you also!)
    Not to derail, but I really, really liked BioShock Infinite. The first BioShock is still my favorite. "A man chooses, a slave obeys." Such great writing.
    Yeah, I could gush about Bioshock for hours. I won't, but I did want to respond to you. You're right about the writing. The games have a way of hooking you into the causes, even though the player character would generally be considered neutral. I also love how well designed Rapture was. It's probably my favorite game world. Although Roaring Heights actually comes a close second. :)