Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowplow's ridiculously BIG houses ***Show off your lots/WIPs! Any style build is welcomed!***

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited March 2014
    Snowplow!!! This work is stunning! I love it all so very, very much! Bookmarking to peruse over coffee tomorrow and drool. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited March 2014
    :shock: :shock: OMG WOW, can you ever build, what a shame you have not completed these gorgeous builds as yet. You are so brave working with so much CC but doesn't it bring off a much more realistic build. Pity it can cause so much trouble. I love the name of your Thread, :lol: yep ridiculously big houses.....but you sure have a talent for them, I love all of them actually, but I think that gorgeous Mountain Mansion Home is a fav. A ridiculously big build causes me to veer away........only made a couple and they were small in comparison to your beauties, hope to see more from you soon have fun :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited March 2014
    That is so GRAND! :shock: What a stunning chateau! :D The architecture and the landscaping is so droolworthy! WOW! I hope you upload your builds soon. Think lot of people will be waiting to download. :D
  • Options
    snowplow19snowplow19 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2014
    crs9900- Thanks :) Currently I switch between building the log mansion and the chateau, so I plan on having those be the ones I actually finish. When I can't take looking at the chateau any longer I'll move back to the log home for a while haha

samiam- haha! Thank you for the kind words!

Glenkarri- Thank you! So far I haven't encountered any huge problems with CC.. the log home has a few sketchy windows in story mode but as far as I know, that's all. Knock on wood! No pun intended haha And the chateau has an issue with a certain window I think and the ivy has texture problems. The CC does add a certain feeling of realism that the base game can't give, especially with log style homes. I'm glad you like the "cabin" as those are my favorite style of houses! I'd love to own one in Aspen eventually :) Thanks for the feedback!

yanti- Hi again! Thank you so much! :) I too hope to get these up as soon as I can, specifically the log home and the chateau. It would be crazy to spend this much time on something just to have it sit in my computer haha. Working on overtime to get these completed! Your feedback is always appreciated :)
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited March 2014
    I would download all of these in a heartbeat even unfinished. (I have most of that cc already and would happily take on more.) My favorites are the chateau and the stone mansion. I love that stone mansion so much - are you sure that you won't consider uploading even an unfinished version?

Good luck with your work. You are one of my new favorite creators! :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    samiam- If you don't mind an unfinished house, I have no problem with putting it on the exchange for you :) Now, I did make a somewhat.. large mistake with the stone mansion. I put in a basement but forgot to put in stairs to the first floor first.. it was my first time working with a foundation D: I'm trying to find out a way to fix that problem. I'll wall off the rest of the house so everything is properly partitioned and then I can upload it for you! (if you know a solution to the stair issue, I'd be so happy hahaha)

-I made sure to plan ahead with basement stairs on the chateau however! ahhh I felt so stupid.. you have no idea how big of a face palm I did when I realized why the stairs weren't working haha..

Also, I can attach a link to the floor plans and images of the real home's interior if you want to keep it close to the original, which isn't fully furnished either as it's still on the market to buy. If only I had $50 million... ;)
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wonderful :D
    I am very eager to see more pics of the Log Mansion. :shock:

Would you be willing to list the CC included or a link to a page with the listed CC?
    Thanks. It's just that I've had terrible past experience with CC, but I would love to download the mansion.

Thanks again :mrgreen:
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited March 2014
    Freaking I love this. I feel like a kid in the candy shop. I LOVE Mansions and I cannot wait till these are done. This is literally the best mansions I ever seen. I love them<3

Great job! Going to download them ASAP when they are done :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    tkbluebasketball- Thank you so much!! I really can't get enough when it comes to extravagant homes, really ever since I was a little kid after going on a tour of the Biltmore estate years ago :) I greatly appreciate your compliments! Still working on the chateau and I'll have pics of the grand foyer I just finished up tomorrow :)

The design is loosely based off of the main staircase area of the Titanic and various gilded age manors.
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2014
    The chateau is looking great. I bookmarked so I can check on the progress. :P
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hey guys! Back with some pics of the interior of the chateau :) So far I've only done the grand foyer, main gallery and somewhat started the formal living room. Excuse the haphazard lighting!! I haven't put in the debug invisible lights yet cause they get in the way visually while building :P

This is the foyer, which was inspired by the staircase of the titanic and a few 17-18th century estate/manor entrances. The ceilings are a total of 3 stories high!

Screenshot-1249_zpsd04f6826.jpg
    Screenshot-1256_zps602e330b.jpg
    Screenshot-1265_zps95fef422.jpg
    Screenshot-12410_zps83d2dd6c.jpg
    Screenshot-1257_zpsc4e77a41.jpg
    Screenshot-1266_zpsc7be10b8.jpg
    Screenshot-1276_zps95c0fe30.jpg

Under the main staircase is the entrance to the stairs leading to the underground portion of the home.

Screenshot-1285_zps8f265746.jpg
    Screenshot-1295_zps1d06c8c8.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is the main gallery which connects a couple rooms including the formal living room. Two Monet paintings line the wall ;)

Screenshot-1305_zpse009c8fc.jpg
    Screenshot-1315_zps7d396f9d.jpg
    Screenshot-1324_zps1feeb551.jpg
    Screenshot-1334_zpsc1c9291b.jpg
    Screenshot-1344_zpsf802d1b9.jpg

And a sneak peak of the formal living room which is still in the works! Also a 3 story ceiling.

Screenshot-1248_zpscb8c2237.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited March 2014
    The foyer looks so very grand! :) It looks great how you have done the staircase! Your build looks so very elegant and opulent! The plants either side of the bottom of the staircase and also in the corner nooks are great touches there, The gallery looks very great! It looks nice how you have placed the sofa at the end of the gallery and placed the plants either side and the mirror above it on the wall. Sims will enjoy resting there in quietness in a nice artistic atmosphere.The type of flooring suits well the areas. Nice textures and patterns that you have used for the walls, It is very nice seeing the update pictures that you post!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for the awesome feedback rose! :) Much appreciated!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    NO! Unfortunately.. I forgot to save all that work and came back to find the gallery and living room back to just blank floors and walls since my computer rebooted after an update.. D: ahhhh this is frustrating haha
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    snowplow19 wrote:
    NO! Unfortunately.. I forgot to save all that work and came back to find the gallery and living room back to just blank floors and walls since my computer rebooted after an update.. D: ahhhh this is frustrating haha

That is not good! I am sorry to hear that you lost all that work! :(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    WOW, WOW, WOW! :shock: :shock: I am completely blown away by the beauty of your build! It is so breathtaking! LOVE that foyer! That stairway especially is so impressive!. :D
  • Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited March 2014
    snowplow19 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your setback. :evil: Beautiful work on the foyer. Since I don't recognize some of the build objects, I'm assuming you've got some great looking CC.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thanks everybody! I managed to duplicate what I had lost by using the pictures I posted, so all is back to normal :) haha and in the process I changed around the living room to colors I liked a bit better.

Jeremy- Yes, the objects you don't recognize are cc from TSR. I briefly tested it today and it all seems to be working fine. Actually the few things that give me trouble are base game objects for some reason haha.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Glad you could rebuild it again. Looking forward to the finished build. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hey guys! It's been a while but I have one new pic of the chateau's formal living room. Since I'm out of town for the next week or so, I can't post any other pics :/ When I get back though, I'll put up the 2 story library, music lounge, kitchen, formal banquet hall and smaller dining room, as well as more pics of the formal living room! With only 7 rooms (out of roughly 15 on the first floor alone) completed and no cars on the property, the house already costs over 1 million! I'll be back with much more in the near future haha

Screenshot-1286_zpsab3a5f17.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The formal living room looks very elegant and grand! :) Very nice pattern and texture of the walls! The floral floor mats look very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the sculptures on top of the fireplace ledge area. Nice type of sofa seating that have used and great placement of them in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting and relaxing on them, taking in the nice grandeur of the setting ! I will look forward to seeing the further pictures! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you rose! I always love your feedback! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    :shock: :shock: WOW, WOW, WOW! That living area is so droolworthy! Brilliant job! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you yanti!! Glad you like it! :)