Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

_Princess_Natasha_'s Showcase Thread - Garden's Edge Pg. 1 (April 8th)

Comments

• Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2013
    Pearl Nook is up!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited November 2013
    Pearl Nook is a nice modern home. :) Great light feel to it with the way you have done the glass windows. The red plants outside the front look great. Nice colour/texture you used for the kitchen walls. The grilled cheese sandwich picture suits the room. Nice window eating nook area for eating the freshly cooked meal with the sunlight coming in. The trees print on the wall behind the tv and on the wall in the bedroom looks great against the whitish grey wall. Nice shade of green that you used in the bedroom. The wall pattern behind the bed looks great. It looks great how you have placed the plants going vertically down the wall on the wall space beside the bed. The green bedside lamps either side of the bed are nice touches. Sims will enjoy going out through the bedroom glass doors onto the balcony. They would have nice views of the outdoors whilst in their bedroom. Great wall tiling in the bathroom. The shades of green that you have used here and through the various areas of the house all look great. Great light-filled study/library room for sims to spend time reading or using the cmputer. The wall of bookcases looks great.
    It is a great home on a small sized lot! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you so much, Rose! I am glad you liked the little build!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2013
    Great job with Pearl Nook Natasha! I love the clean modern look and it is beautifully decorated too. Recommended. Congrats on your feature! WOOT! WOOT! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: *Hugs* :D

By the way, I wasn't aware that you had a new build because you haven't changed the thread heading. It still says Country Bliss instead of Pearl Nook. Just a heads up. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I can't believe Pearl Nook got featured! Being that I build for myself and haven't ever been featured it is a total shock! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! You're always so sweet and supportive! Also, I guess I overlooked changing the title of this thread! :oops: Thank you so much for pointing that out! :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Congratulations on Pearl Nook being featured! :) Congratulations to you! :)

It's my first! I'm super excited and shocked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited November 2013
    Woohoo grats on the feature! Well done. :D

And I'm glad Yanti mentioned to you about the title. I thought your new builds was an old one too.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, Sierra!

And I am glad that she mentioned it. I usually change it but this time had a dumb moment! LOL
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited November 2013
    OMG I am so happy for you - Pearl Nook is so cute and serene - not cold and sterile like some moderns :wink: I love it and I LOVE that you got your feature - great job young'un

Congratulations :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: *bunch o hugs* :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, oldie! Thanks for everything you taught me and for helping me stretch the limits of my imagination! Also, thanks for the celebratory gifts! They are amazing and I can't wait to use them! *Many Hugs* :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    New build is up on page one!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Fairview Way is a very nice home. :) Great exterior of it. It looks great the way you have done the front entrance steps and the side steps porch. The way you have placed the taller plants/trees either side of the smaller plants at the front sections of the house looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior. The pictures either side of the front door look great. It looks great how you have recoloured the top/bottom picture frames blue and then the green in-between. Nice floor mat pattern, and the dome window with the candle lights either side of it is nice for sims to see when they enter the home . Nice furnishing of the living room. The shade of lemon you used for the sofas is nice. Great corner study desk nook. It looks great how you have set up the 2 study desks there, and have the pictures on the walls. The nearby alcove with the shelves looks great. The orange fruit plant is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofas and reading a book or watching tv. It looks great how you have the windows either side of the double doors, and have placed the left and right facing curtains over each window. It looks great how you have placed the pictures and mirrors on the walls of the staircase area. Great for sims to see when going up or down the stairs. It looks great how you have done the bar counter area. Nice shades of grey, yellow and green that you have used through the build. They give a calm look. Nice dining room area. Nice type of dining seats that you have used. Nice recolouring of them. The scenic picture on the wall looks nice for sims to see when dining. The plant décor on either sides of the windows look great how you have placed them. Great design of the kitchen. The wall tiling looks good and great island counter. Nice furnishing of the bedroom and nursery. Nice shade of green that you used for the furnishings in the nursery and the tree print on the wall looks great. The whole house looks very nature themed, with the colours you have used and the furnishings. The way you have done the curtains behind the cot looks nice. Great clothes closet. The plant in the corner is a nice touch. The roses picture behind the master bed and the vase on the dresser of the bedroom looks nice. Great outdoors pool and hot tub area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the trellis covered over hot tub. Great ground paving pattern you have used. Very nice sunroom for sims to relax in , and sit on the chairs. It looks great how you have placed the plants and flowers there. It is a nice place for sims to paint on the easels and enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them. Great basement area with nice comfortable armchairs for sims to spend time relaxing, sitting and reading a book from the bookcase. It looks great how you placed the chairs and have the wall of bookcases. The pictures on the staircase wall look great.
    Great designing and furnishing of this nice home! :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    YAY! :D What a lovely build Natasha! I love the exterior and the pool area. :D Inside, that bathroom and double bedroom looks fantastic. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hi PN. Great job on Fairview. This is my favorite built from you. You did the pitch on the roof perfectly, looks fantastic. Great choice of colors inside and out. I love the soft blue interior with the light wood, goes perfect with the architect to livin it up. I also noticed a few interior decorations similar to what I used in my WIP. Hope you'll have a look when I upload it by the weekend.

Grats again on the feature with Pearl Nook. I'm very happy for you. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thank you so much Rose, Yanti and Sierra! Such nice words form all three of you! I really really appreciate all of your kinds words and rec's!

Rose, thank you! I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving as well!

Sierra, thanks for letting me knew you are putting out a new build! I always enjoy seeing them!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    New build, Glass Fountain, is up on Pg. 1!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Glass Fountain is a very nice home. :) Just a little note though that the exchange link on your first page of this thread for the home links to media , and the media link leads to the exchange link. Great exterior of the home. It looks nice how you have used the glass windows. It looks a nice light filled home. Sims who live there would enjoy the views of looking out through the windows at what is happening outdoors through the different rooms of the house. The rows of greenery along the balconies looks nice. It looks great how you have done a glass walled garage. Nice pool area. The water fountain features there look nice. It looks great that you have the water fountain on the side of the pool with the water going into the pool, and also the water jets along the side of the house. Great office. Nice type of study seat you have used. Great place to use the computer with sunlight coming in onto the sim as they are studying, and being able to look out at the views. Nice sunny art nook. Nice to have the corner water fountain for the sims to see when painting there, and they will enjoy listening to the music whilst painting. Nice shade of colour you have used in the bedroom. The wall pattern looks great. It looks nice the type of bedside table lights that you have placed either side of the bed. Sims will enjoy playing the guitar and listening to music from the stereo whilst sitting on the sofa there. The framed guitar on the wall is a great touch. Great design of the living, dining and kitchen area. The red, black and white colour scheme looks great. Great tiling pattern on the kitchen wall. The fruit bowl on the dining table looks nice. Great wall tiling in the bathroom.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Glass Fountain looks great Natasha! :D Good placement of windows! What a view from inside! Love the dining area, the double bedroom and the pool area. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh My Lady another modern :wink: and a beautimous one too - you did a wonderful job on this one. I love all the windows and the plants draping off the balconies softens those hard modern edges - I just love that touch, Great open floor plan in the kitchen living area and good choice of materials - I like the way you use the wood, and the glass tile back splash, and the cas of the cabinets, and just that touch of red - not overpowering - just enough - very well done. Nice soothing color choice for the bedroom, love the stripes for the feature wall and that touch of retro with the stereo just speaks to me :lol: love it :thumbup: that bathroom is very modern and sleek - just right for a single man - easy to take care of - he can just hose it down and it will still look great :-P That pool area is fabulous - I love the fountain choice and the pool shape is perfect for the fountain or vice versa :thumbup: and the fountains on the opposite side of the fountain just balance the area off perfectly.
    O and don't think I missed the fountain in the art area either :lol: I think this is one of my favorite builds from you - you really did an excellent job on it, good choice of materials and colors - will have to rec and fav it. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much Rose, Yanti, and Cailey!

Cailey, I'm glad you like the retro stereo. I was worried it didn't exactly work but I decided to just go with it and not worry about what others may say! HAHA Yes another modern! The story here is this one was supposed to be for the BnS challenge but turned out to be too big and expensive. I didn't want to scrap it tho!!!

Yanti, you're always so supportive and sweet! The community wouldn't be the same without you!

Rose, thanks for letting me know about the links! I didn't catch that and was able to update them thanks to you! HUGS! And thanks for all of your lovely, wonderful compliments and comments!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    New build, Traditional Chambers is up on page one! I finally finished something! LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Traditional Chambers is a great home :) The covered over front porch looks great. It looks nice how you have placed the flowers alongside the edge of the porch . The rocks feature at the front of the house looks nice. Great texture that you have used for the exterior, Nice furnishing of the interior. The kitchen looks great. The tiling of the kitchen wall looks nice. The cupcake stand on the counter and the house picture on the wall are nice touches there,The candle ceiling lights look nice. Great texture that you have used for the countertops. The double kitchen counter and barstool counter looks great. Nice window dining area for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunlight coming in onto them. Very nice living room. It looks great how you have placed the sofa and arm chairs there. Sims will enjoy relaxing there having a read of a book , listening to music from the gramophone or watching tv. It looks great that you placed a mirror above the tv for sims to see what is happening behind them whilst sitting there. The plants on top of the bookcases either side of the fireplace and the picture on the wall above each of the bookcases look nice there. It is nice for sims to see as they are relaxing there on the seats. The master bedroom is nice. Nice shades of green that you have used there and in the second bedroom. It looks nice that you have the windows behind the master bed for the morning sunlight to come in onto the bed for sim to see when they wake up.The placement of the pictures on the walls looks great. The floral themed bed and dresser in the second bedroom looks nice, and it looks great that you have used green for the wall behind the bed and the beige shade for the other walls. The plant wall decor either side of the window and and the plants on the dresser look nice there. Great office for sims to use the computer or have a read at the desk table, The plants on the desk table either side of the computer are nice for sims to see as they sit there using the computer. Sims will enjoy relaxing outdoors in the hot tub.
    It is a nice home! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you so much Rose! I'm glad you like it!