Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer playing games (specifically this one) on laptops or desktops?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2014
    Some of us gave reasons why it is a better choice to buy a $500.00 machine and then turn it into a much better machine. Once you buy a laptop there isn't much you can do with it as far as upgrading.

I would never spend $5000.00 on a laptop, because in the morning or early next week, the technology is already old.

No one is condemning anyone for buying a laptop if that is what they can afford or need at the time, but I really don't get why some argue but you can take it anywhere. Why do I need to do that? I am not glued to my PC or a laptop, so why do I need to carry either one around everywhere I go? I can't go talk to a friend without a laptop? or go see a movie without a laptop? Or go outside and look down to see if there is a new bug I have never seen before? you all get the idea..life is going on..leave the machines at home. :lol:

Besides a smartphone is just as handy if someone needs to carry around a machine. :mrgreen:

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. I guess to some types of people it comes down to whatever floats their boat.
    You could go for economy, power, upgradeability, comfort and whatever, or you know, just go with, uh...the other choice.
    In the end nothing really matters, except maybe for your personal opinion.

Now let us reflect on these wise words from the Dude...

hQRDlRu.jpg

Amen.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DrinabugDrinabug Posts: 469 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. I guess to some people it comes down to whatever floats their boat.
    You could go for economy, power, upgradeability, comfort and whatever, or you know, just go with, uh...the other choice.
    In the end nothing really matters, except maybe for your personal opinion.

Now let us reflect on these wise words from the Dude...

hQRDlRu.jpg

Amen.
    You are right I am not CEO material and who cares about my grammar and just so you know I reported you and I want be a dancer and my family is far from rich we live in a Duplex and your rude and who cares if your rich? you will die and you will have nothing because you cannot take those things with you when you die and you have no right to push around people and tell them they are broke for having a laptop AND I used bad grammar just to annoy you :D Have a great day...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My poor lost child.

You seem to be angry at me. I'm sorry if I made the impression that I was patronizing you.
    But you must understand... in life you make choices. Some good and some bad!
    I was only trying to point out the fact you made a bad choice in this one and only particular case.

That's all!
    There's no need to start hating on rich people simply because they happen to make better choices in life.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited February 2014
    @SmokeyBearz:- Do you even know how much a decent laptop costs? You can get a halfway decent desktop PC for less money so no, it isn't that people who play on laptops are 'poor' and lie to themselves because they can't afford a desktop. People who are using laptops often do so because it is better for them - yes, a laptop is never going to match a desktop but so what? Should these people go and buy a desktop anyway? I don't own a tablet because I don't need one but apparently it's something I'm supposed to want and own, should I go and rush out and waste money on something I have absolutely no use for?

:roll:

You also seem rather desperate to prove that you have "money". Seriously mate - get a life yeah? There's more to the world than how much money you have in your bank account / stacked up in stupidly expensive purchases.

People who brag about what they have generally do so because they don't have anything else interesting to talk about, they are hollow and meaningless individuals. You claim it gives you a strong ego? I'd beg to differ. If you were that secure within yourself then you would not have to place your value on pointless material things and use them to elevate yourself within society.

Furthermore:- ego does NOT make you a good player online. Raw talent does.

I seriously cannot stop laughing at how foolish you are coming across right now, you're absolutely pathetic.

:D

Edit: Looking at your other posts I've now been laughing at you even more. Poor dear, doesn't even realize what a fool he's making of himself. I recommend using some of those 'immense riches' to buy yourself some extensive therapy so you can get your appalling attitude sorted out - perhaps while you're at it they'll also discover why you are so deeply insecure that you have to make yourself look big by bragging about your bank balance because let me tell you something if you do truly believe this and act like this in society - YOU NEED HELP.

I personally do my gaming on a desktop PC, I've looked into laptops before for convenience but the ones that'll do what I want them to do have such a grossly over-inflated price compared to a similar thing in a desktop and at the end of the day I can switch parts in and out of my desktop whenever I want to whereas I couldn't do the same with a laptop.

Considering how rapidly gaming is advancing if you're going to keep up or even have the intention of trying to keep up, you're better off with a desktop.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay okay I surrender!

I was trolling you people all this time and you just believed every word.
    In real life I don't even have a job lol. So yeah, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, I guess?

Here's hoping this thread doesn't get deleted.
    I had a hell of a blast writing in it, and would love to save it for future chuckles :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Okay okay I surrender!

I was trolling you people all this time and you just believed every word.
    In real life I don't even have a job lol. So yeah, I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, I guess?

Here's hoping this thread doesn't get deleted.
    I had a hell of a blast writing in it, and would love to save it for future chuckles :lol:

Uh-huh, sure and pigs can fly :roll:

You've only brought it up now because nobody was taking your word as gospel while bowing down at your feet for your "wealth".

Who believed you? I thought you were a pathetic little thirteen year old bigging himself up from his mother's basement. It's quite sad really.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    TIL I can be very persuasive.

Honestly Darkslayer, I was only having a good time. There's absolutely no need to get angry.
    If I really had a rich person's ego I would'nt be saying this, I would stand my ground and just keep on belittling you guys.

If it makes you feel any better, I really do have no job.
    I'm a paranoid schizophrenic who spends all his time at home, in front of his PC screen.
    So I guess it's true, it was a little pathetic of me to do this, but it wasn't with the intention to offend anyone
    (at least not this much).

I do have a comfortable PC station (bought with welfare money), and do believe desktops are a better choice,
    but the real me would never use the kind of sarcasm you've been reading in this thread.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    edited February 2014
    Prefer desk top myself.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited February 2014
    I prefer my desktop because I have a bigger screen and my desk top is currently better than the lap top we own.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited February 2014
    I play on a laptop as I'm moving between my parents every other week or so. My rooms aren't big enough to place a desk, or should I say, I rather place a bar table. And yes, I love the portability. Game-wise, of course desktops are better. Playing on my laptop works fine for me though, as I've bought one which can handle the game well. :)

tumblr_n17m3ge1MI1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    oreosncreamforjo55oreosncreamforjo55 Posts: 89 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I like playing it on a GOOD laptop. The laptop takes less space. I have a beautiful old wooden desk which is almost 100 years old and if I had a desktop, there would be no room for my legs and very little room for my mouse since there would be a bulky screen and bulky keyboard. Desktops require special and often ugly computer desks which are usually made with ugly chip board...

However, you do need a decent amount of RAM and dedicated memory for your graphics card. A cheap laptop would suck for playing games.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited February 2014
    I've played the sims on both but prefer playing on a desktop :D
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2014
    desktop, I really don't like laptops at all, for anything :D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    TIL I can be very persuasive.

Honestly Darkslayer, I was only having a good time. There's absolutely no need to get angry.
    If I really had a rich person's ego I would'nt be saying this, I would stand my ground and just keep on belittling you guys.

If it makes you feel any better, I really do have no job.
    I'm a paranoid schizophrenic who spends all his time at home, in front of his PC screen.
    So I guess it's true, it was a little pathetic of me to do this, but it wasn't with the intention to offend anyone
    (at least not this much).

I do have a comfortable PC station (bought with welfare money), and do believe desktops are a better choice,
    but the real me would never use the kind of sarcasm you've been reading in this thread.

Go and play the sympathy card somewhere else – it doesn’t work on me.

Besides you’ve already revealed that you’re a liar so why exactly should I believe anything that you say here anymore? Why should anyone here ever believe anything you ever say to them again? :D

Did you manage to keep a straight face when you rambled out that ridiculously weak apology for behaving like an idiot? You’re even trying it on now by mentioning that you’ve bought your computer with welfare. I honestly don't know whether I should feel sorry for you because you can't even troll a naff forum like this properly or whether I should sympathise with you because you clearly lack the skills required to function in society like a normal human being.

Eh, I think I'll just settle on ignoring you from here on out. You're not worth any further effort one way or the other - seriously though? I'd consider what I said earlier; you really do need to get a life if being the resident prat on the internet is your form of entertainment.
  • Options
    TheHellerSweetieTheHellerSweetie Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 2014

Laptops are for broke a** hipsters.
    Desktops are for the serious, mature and informed users.

kanye-blank-stare.gif

...So you are implying that I'm a hipster because I happen to use a laptop because my family isn't rich.

Interesting.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Puts tuxedo back on

Is that thug gone yet?
    I hate it when classes clash like this. It really makes everyone feel uncomfortable doesn't it?
    Angry people like this are the reason I had to invest A FORTUNE in home security this year. Makes me sick.

I think everyone can agree that I tried to be the better guy here.
    I mean I apologized, I tried to sympathize using common interests and specific middle-class issues that affect people like him.

He just wouldn't hear a word of it! Such stubbornness!
    Well joke's on him. I mean you can only go so far with an attitude like his.

Oh, and on a side note, this little shuffle reminded me a funny little comic I saw in yesterday's newspaper :

XaIBWfv.jpg

Funny eh?
  • Options
    hannahghxxxhannahghxxx Posts: 316 Member
    edited February 2014
    Desktop definitely. I use a laptop now cause my desktop was a piece of crap. I dislike the touch pad on the laptop, so I just plug in a mouse. :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2014
    Desktop. I was used to Desktops and then I got a laptop in 2009 used it just fine with all sorts of games until I really started in on Sims 3 (late 2011 for me.) At that point I realized...Sims 3 runs a good bit better on a decent desktop than a decent laptop. So....any other game I'll still play on my laptop but for Sims, it's definitely stationary. At my non-$800 desk :wink:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited February 2014
    Rich people don't brag about being rich so I'm sure we can all agree that you're not. I would use your apology as toilet paper, but no one gives a s*it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Rich people don't brag about being rich so I'm sure we can all agree that you're not. Your apology should be used as toilet tissue because no one gives a s*it.
    OMG you're so naive! It's soooo cute!

Rich people brag about their wealth all the time sweety. It's one of the best parts of being rich!
    Obviously we don't do this around the poor folk. I mean that could be dangerous.
    They have such little confidence in themselves it's sad really. Shoving our riches in their faces often makes them feel worst.
    You all saw how this last thug reacted to the very concept of me being rich.
    Now imagine his anger if he was to actually see my car or my penthouse.

I'm still shaking.

I've never heard about using an apology as toilet paper...
    Is this some sort of everyday trick you people use? I know some types have the concept of being poor down to a science,
    so is that one of their tricks to get by? Did you pick up that trick on Pinterest?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2014
    Rich people don't brag about being rich so I'm sure we can all agree that you're not. Your apology should be used as toilet tissue because no one gives a s*it.

Rich people brag about their wealth all the time sweety. It's one of the best parts of being rich!
    Obviously we don't do this around the poor folk. I mean that could be dangerous.
    They have such little confidence in themselves it's sad really. Shoving our riches in their faces often makes them feel worst.

So you're done being "schizophrenic" and you're back to this "rich" alias of yours? :lol:

She's saying it's so full of crap; worthless as the paper used to wipe. :lol:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

So you're done being "schizophrenic" and you're back to this "rich" alias of yours? :lol:

I just took that as the schizophrenia talking, to be honest. Maybe he is rich and maybe he isn't. We will never know and he may not know either. I hope if he is truly dealing with schizophrenia and not being so cruel as to joke about it, he is working to seek help. Or...he could just be a compulsive liar, in which case....I would say just believe what you want. :wink:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    DrinabugDrinabug Posts: 469 Member
    edited February 2014

I'm still shaking.

Is this some sort of everyday trick you people use? I know some types have the concept of being poor down to a science,
    so is that one of their tricks to get by? Did you pick up that trick on Pinterest?
    THAT IS IT!!!!!!!!! I have had enough of you being a wanna be rich jerk who is actually probably living off of welfare in his parents basement. I would have loved to see the look on your parents faces when they realized what a jerk they raised! You my friend are not rich and I know this because I have a lot of rich friends who never say a word about being rich and try to keep it a secret. You have now been reported multiple times by me and you know what? you are a low class human being and we a community are all looking down on YOU! A person who lies about being rich even though they are not and then pulling the oh poor me card is low class! I suggest you pack up you $500 leather suitcase and leave the forums and stop bashing on hard working middle class people either because you truly are a rich jerk who has NO appreciation for hard working people or because you are living in your parents basement and are trying make us feel bad about ourselves because you know deep down inside that we are better than you.I will NOT tolerate this and will not allow you to talk down to me or any other hard working middle class person on these forums. You owe us ALL a proper apology and have NO excuse for your behavior and to the OP I suggest you delete this forum and make sure no one finds it.
  • Options
    PIXVIX20PIXVIX20 Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2014
    Desktop but it's because I never liked using a laptop (the stupid mouse thing in the middle and I never got along)