Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No "Simish" for The Sims 4. Be able to speak real languages.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited February 2014
    *slaps thread* I think I have to...
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited February 2014
    XaviersxVA wrote:
    I say yes, and more so, EA should poll the question as a forum may not convey the extent of how the rest of the end users feel about it. I'm not saying strip away simlish, but is it feasible, possible to create localized language packs and this higher AI that supposedly is being advanced that those of us who wouldn't checking the option for English (UK or US), French, German, etc etc can have such. Simlish may be a long tradition but does it have to be an exclusionary one. Of all the expansion packs upon expansion packs over the years, and with advancement in the tech, it wouldn't seem to be beyond scope and reason to offer a choice, whether the market would support such is in polling the market . . or more the talents of the creative teams. If it doesn't meet sales margins, oh well, another furniture pack then.

this thread is older than Methuselah and most said no to real language so theres your poll right there .
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    No, OMG! NO NO NO!

Can you imagine? "It's time to go to work" or "I think you're hot" or "Some other mundane comment" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

You posted on this forum four years ago D:
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited February 2014
    LOL!! I didn't realize how old this thread was Slippy64653 and Coffefreak4Life, until I read you guys comment. :lol:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited February 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    LOL!! I didn't realize how old this thread was Slippy64653 and Coffefreak4Life, until I read you guys comment. :lol:

yes, but this begs to question, how did a four year old thread end up in a forum that is less than a year old? Did the mods move any thread that had to do with TS4 over the years here? lol
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited February 2014
    NOOOO. It'd eat so much of your hard drive space with just language.
    Simlish is necessary to save space. And it makes them charming.
    Imagine how much space it'd eat up if the game had to be completely translated (not just the menus) into 50+ languages.
    And lots of them are set up differently, so take up even more space.

Agree.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited February 2014
    Nah.
    I agree w/ the simmers above.

It'd be too repetetive, and would get super annoying after hearing the same phrases over and over again.
    I think Simlish was a good idea.

Lol! Agree on that.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Elmawa wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

yes, but this begs to question, how did a four year old thread end up in a forum that is less than a year old? Did the mods move any thread that had to do with TS4 over the years here? lol

gurus be trollin us
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited February 2014
    That would be absolutely boring. It would be like one of those dolls that you pull the string and hear the same few sentences over and over again. I think it's good they speak simlish. It's their own little language. Let's keep it that way.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    Chris3000 wrote:
    I'd like to see the end of "Simish" for The Sims 4. Sims 4 sims should have the AI to be able to speak English, French, German,...

Chris3000,

While I have to admit I kind of like the idea, its not realistic, unless EA can drastically increase the price of the game along with all the expansion packs, plus increase the production time to a significant extent. Its not going to happen because EA would have to hire additional voice actors for each of the foreign languages. There are people who play the sims who speak every single language on Earth, and some of them only speak one language that few people speak outside of their particular country. There are a least ten major different languages in Europe alone.

Also Simlish isn't that bad.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited February 2014
    That would be absolutely boring. It would be like one of those dolls that you pull the string and hear the same few sentences over and over again. I think it's good they speak simlish. It's their own little language. Let's keep it that way.

Starglitters9909,

Good point, plus it would add to production time, and EA would have to pay for the extra voice actors somehow.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd rather see simlish language than to see real human language, it'll get very mundane very quickly, (and mundane means boring), anyways :)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    Let's face it...the Sims gets boring even without the language being a "real" language.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2014
    Simish started with Sims 1 and it should end with the last entry in the Sims series, no deviations
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited February 2014
    Elmawa wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

Because this person on page 4 who is new commented on it while it was still in the Ideas and Feedback section.
    XaviersxVA

I say yes, and more so, EA should poll the question as a forum may not convey the extent of how the rest of the end users feel about it. I'm not saying strip away simlish, but is it feasible, possible to create localized language packs and this higher AI that supposedly is being advanced that those of us who wouldn't checking the option for English (UK or US), French, German, etc etc can have such. Simlish may be a long tradition but does it have to be an exclusionary one. Of all the expansion packs upon expansion packs over the years, and with advancement in the tech, it wouldn't seem to be beyond scope and reason to offer a choice, whether the market would support such is in polling the market . . or more the talents of the creative teams. If it doesn't meet sales margins, oh well, another furniture pack then.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    to all who want real anguages .....bIjatlh 'e' yImev
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited February 2014
    Let players choose. (Yes, I know programming all those languages in would not be possible) But, I'm going to daydream anyway. I would like to choose Spanish, because I don't speak Spanish so it would be like they are speaking Simlish but I might actually learn something useful.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2014
    If EA don't want ME to buy Sims 4, just make the sims speak in regular language, not simlish. Too creepy! Also I love simlish.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    saucelicioussaucelicious Posts: 18 Member
    Personally i prefer real language over the baby language that is simlish, i would use both though.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Personally i prefer real language over the baby language that is simlish, i would use both though.

This thread is more than a decade old and the last post was 6 years ago..
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Why does this thread keep getting resurrected?! Please let it die 😂
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top