Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited February 2014
    Way back on page one I asked about run down/broken buy build items. Since everyone is adding pictures I thought I would too.

When I was talking about run down I mentioned think Bridgeport gone downhill.

Broken windows

brokenwindow.jpeg

How about some graffiti that you can put on buildings when you build them?

127753992_7ab6d37c32.jpg

Think criminal hideouts (that we already have as rabbit holes)

Outstanding_Citizen_Warehouse_Corp..jpg

It seems that in every EP we get a little bit or piece that could accomplish some of this.....but what if you don't own all the EPs or like me you don't always have them all installed?

Each town has a run down area but some of us would like a run down town and I've lost hope the store will do a town like that.

We need a store set with shoddy clothing, worn and old urban build items, maybe even a cardboard box that you can crawl into.
    :thumbup: Absolutely this too!!!
    Bridgeport is my no 1 world to play, and I love changing it up!
    I dream of a time when the world editor is fixed again.
    Seems cruel that when we finally got the ability to place piers, ports and houseboats it was game breaking to place new lots :cry:
    Rococo would get a lot of love from me too.

I'm not talking about clothes though, Mr Copeland said 'not clothes', other stuff.
    Maybe he's going to ask about clothes later?
    Except.....maybe it does fall under 'sets' to complete, even though it's not objects....
    If it's acceptable to ask for PC -like a venue for dance classes in waltz etc :mrgreen: we can ask for them to add children and other ages to some of the wonderful sets we have?
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014
    Is it a BAD thing that I want everything everyone has mentioned on this thread??

Cinderelli, your idea of two versions of windows and doors, one ramshackle and one pristine, is SO awesome! I would love that.

And add shutters and window boxes to the list of things that we NEED to be able to slide up and down walls! SO much more versatile to what we have now.

All the other great stuff, too, Hollow's Steampunk and Magic photos made me drool and pine--- all the Rococo stuff people have posted in photos (especially the ARCHITECTURE tools we would need to produce these gorgeous effects, not ONLY the lovely furniture and CAS stuff) are just fabulous, too.

I haven't seen a thing mentioned that I thought, "Well, that's nice for someone but I would never buy it."

Could I be hooked do you think? :shock:
    oow785m
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited February 2014
    I want it all too - and now I'm sad because we'll probably never get most of it:(
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    TDC95 wrote:
    Your spam is pretty though, TDC95! I'd buy more rococo in a heartbeat! Did we get a teen dress with that set?
    Thanks dear! :mrgreen:

No we didn't we only got adult & young adult clothes, all other ages were ignored :?

We absolutely need another Rococo set then! :D

I really would like some long hair for males too.

I'd actually really love a 18th century navel set! (Random idea) I'd love an expansion on the pirate theme and if we could maybe get some naval styled uniforms, that could be useful.

Doh_potc_02gal.jpg

And I really wish that beautiful pirate ship rabbithole was an actual boat we could climb on like in TS2! I loved that!!! But I was thinking that it would be fab if we could get decorative/structural stuff so we could turn houseboats into pirate ships! Like masts, sails, a large round decorive object that could be placed at the top of a ladder like a crow's nest. Oh! A net sims could climb would be great for ships AND assault courses if they were clever in the design of it! (I'd love an assault course).

I miss this!

w-600h-450-1011020.jpg

w-600h-450-1011018.jpg

w-600h-450-1011022.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    Is it a BAD thing that I want everything everyone has mentioned on this thread??

Cinderelli, your idea of two versions of windows and doors, one ramshackle and one pristine, is SO awesome! I would love that.

And add shutters and window boxes to the list of things that we NEED to be able to slide up and down walls! SO much more versatile to what we have now.

All the other great stuff, too, Hollow's Steampunk and Magic photos made me drool and pine--- all the Rococo stuff people have posted in photos (especially the ARCHITECTURE tools we would need to produce these gorgeous effects, not ONLY the lovely furniture and CAS stuff) are just fabulous, too.

I haven't seen a thing mentioned that I thought, "Well, that's nice for someone but I would never buy it."

Could I be hooked do you think? :shock:

If you're hooked then I must be too! I feel the same: so many great ideas!!!
  • Options
    armanddelange12armanddelange12 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    TDC95 wrote:
    Your spam is pretty though, TDC95! I'd buy more rococo in a heartbeat! Did we get a teen dress with that set?
    Thanks dear! :mrgreen:

No we didn't we only got adult & young adult clothes, all other ages were ignored :?

I'd actually really love a 18th century navel set! (Random idea) I'd love an expansion on the pirate theme and if we could maybe get some naval styled uniforms, that could be useful.

Doh_potc_02gal.jpg

And I really wish that beautiful pirate ship rabbithole was an actual boat we could climb on like in TS2! I loved that!!! But I was thinking that it would be fab if we could get decorative/structural stuff so we could turn houseboats into pirate ships! Like masts, sails, a large round decorive object that could be placed at the top of a ladder like a crow's nest. Oh! A net sims could climb would be great for ships AND assault courses if they were clever in the design of it! (I'd love an assault course).

I miss this!

w-600h-450-1011020.jpg

w-600h-450-1011018.jpg

w-600h-450-1011022.jpg

I totally agree but seeing more dresses would make my day! More realistic ones would be great more like Kirsten Dunst's Marie-Antoinette!!!! :):)
  • Options
    armanddelange12armanddelange12 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    I would really love it if you guys made realistic Victorian outfits! Big, long, poofy dresses! Or perhaps something like Titanic, you know, 1912 like early Downton Abbey or Mr. Selfridge!!!! Would definitely buy that set! :)
  • Options
    armanddelange8armanddelange8 Posts: 103
    edited February 2014
    I agree with my cousin armanddelange12! Would really like to have that Downton Abbey 1912 stuff...it would really match with the Edwardian Expression Kitchen set considering that period was named Edwardian! Lol :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I Absolutely LOVE TDC95's pics and ideas! Me and my cousin are obsessed with Rococo styled things especially the whole Marie-Antoinette things and if they could please make some boots for the men which is high enough to cover the Palace of Versailles set for the men then I'll buy this in an eye-blink.

Would also appreciate the 1912's idea!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I also agree with Grandmothergamer's idea of like maybe a dancefloor with a new ability to perform a waltz or something, with horse-drawn carriages and Victorian outfits, maybe a few chairs or so but definitely poofy Victorian dresses with some pretty up-do hair and one loose girlish style Victorian hair for teens and adults. They can make it like 1700-1900sp if they include like premium content of 2: horse-drawn carriages (oh crap, then you must have the Sims 3 Pets installed so maybe they'll scratch that idea, or it can be a horse like the cows and chickens in the other premium content items, so that the horse can't run away or unhook itself, but if you have Pets installed you can just use one of them instead of the "dummy"-horse) and a large ballroom floor with different types of waltzes and maybe like a live orchestra stand in the horse-drawn carriage's place,...that would also satisfy the musical simmers out there!

:):)
  • Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited February 2014

Love that idea :mrgreen:

Here are some more pic's guy since you liked the last few, hope you don't mind :)
    Historic-Greek-Revival-House-in-Scotland-historic-interiors-18th-century-houses-UK-3.jpgBackStateRoom.JPG19.%252520Palatul%252520Sanssouci%252520-%252520interior.JPGchateau%2Bde%2Bchantilly%2Btravel8.jpgchateau+de+chantilly+travel6.jpgChateau_de_Chantilly,_Les_Appartements_des_princes_de_Cond%C3%A9.jpgdsc_0030.jpga52893345ee8b7801bfdfb73833a5c55.jpgphoto%2B3-1.JPGH%C3%B4tel_de_Soubise.JPG009_le-grand-trianon-de-versailles_theredlist.jpg

& these are russian rococo buildings LOVE them

winter-visit-to-catherine-palace-in-tsarskoye-selo.jpg681x454.jpg

& some pic's from Le petit Trianon in Versailles <3 completely marie antoinette!

Petit-Trianon-1.jpg01trianon-inside469.jpg989730584_631b04b462.jpgVersailles-petit-trianon-salon-2.jpgthe_furniture_of_le_petit_trianon_photo_christian_milet.jpgthe-belvedere-interior-2.JPG1ptrianon5.jpgThis-view-of-the-Music-room-in-the.jpgb24f7505033617411caa037d9a175046.jpgpetit-trianon-5.jpgkvefr3012s.jpg3.%2Bpetit%2Btrianon%2Btopiaries%2Bby%2Bhabituallychic.JPG
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited February 2014
    1. I'd like to see the current incomplete sets completed. What do I mean by this?

Ultra Lounge is an example of a complete set.

Steampunk is an example of an incomplete set.

I, personally, like to furnish a home with a theme. A home needs a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and living room. The premium content are fun toys but I crave the basics of a well-tuned house that feels cohesive.

2. While I have your attention. Is there a way to increase the stats on the item with simpoints? Increase comfort, sleep, hygiene, cooking, etc. Rather than have everything look the same or avoiding certain sets because the bed only gives 5 sleep. I do enjoy being able to change skins without having to download one of each color.

3. This is going to sound a little odd, but, here goes...shabby stuffs. Broken, patched, crumpled, wrinkled, graffiti-ed, stained, ripped, messy. Slob sims and poor sims could do with some atmosphere.
  • Options
    chasingAJchasingAJ Posts: 802 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I know that you are talking about redone items but since you already have the animations, I think that these would work:
    Upright Piano
    Double Sink - Something that would fit into two counters for putting under a pretty double window in the kitchen.

I know that we aren't going to get windows or mirrors that move up and down the wall because of the reflections BUT it would be good to get some basic mirrors in multiple heights (see all of those sinks and dressers that you've made? please make mirrors that fit over those). The same is true for windows fitting over the edge of the counters and the couches.

I like the curtains that come in separate sides and the valances that can go over the middle. Those would be good in different designs and different heights and with interesting curtain rods.

Some really pretty decorative items have fallen prey to the lazy coder and they do not have any environment points. I would love to see this fixed but at least make sure that you assign a value to the new items.

Oh and we could use small items that fit on the shelves that have points assigned to them.

There are also items that are sorta-halfway PC because they don't require new animations but would need to be incorporated into the game (similar to how you can buy lemons from the grocery store) such as different bubble baths with a borrowed moodlet (tranquil, energized, etc.)or new inflatables for the pool.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited February 2014
    TDC95 wrote:
    Here are some more pic's guy since you liked the last few, hope you don't mind :)

I know I don't mind! I am currently building a Rococo Legacy and just am really pushing the envelope on some items cause there is not enough Rococo or Rococo compatible D:

Here is my Rococo WIP if interested :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/930/635567.page#11759977
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited February 2014
    I haven't read all 26 pages of this thread, so this is likely a repeat of other suggestions. And I have stated all this before, in other threads. But I'll mention them, anyway. These are all things I miss, from when I still used CC.

indoor flowering plant set, with recolorable flowers, both in pots and/or vas.es, with all end table plants set as the smallest footprint, so they can also be placed on fireplace mantles, next to sinks, etc

indoor green plant set, with different sized plants for both end tables and floors (more hanging plants that actually hang, in different species and more delicate small green plants like ivy or pothos and etc) -- all end table plants in the smallest footprint, so they can also be placed on fireplace mantles, next to sinks, etc

candle set with real flickering flames, in different sizes, shapes, and colors (or recolorable) -- also with glass chimneys and stands that can be mixed and matched with the different candles

clutter sets:

kitchen clutter for old style or retro houses (all with the smallest footprint so they also go on shelves), like bags of flour or canisters of flour/sugar, old style glass jars with foodstuffs in them, stack of plates/cups/bowls, kitchen tool decor like whisks or hand mixers or mortar/pestle or hand graters, decor meat grinder, rolling pin on a bread board, decor pies, decor steam kettle, decor old style pots, old style vanilla bottle, salt/pepper shakers, old style spice rack for wall, oven mitts to lay on counters and etc

bedroom clutter for old style or retro houses to put on dressers, like jewelry either in a dish or pile or on a jewelry stand, jewelry box or music box or porcelain box decor, or brush/mirror sets, men's shaving sets, single roses in vase with gloves or jewelry or wine glasses next to it (or maybe even a handwritten love letter), perfume tray with delicate perfumes and makeup on it, fan with a lace handkerchief and gloves, small delicate carved figurines, etc -- and none of these things will make it impossible to use the dresser, once placed!

ornament clutter that looks elegant and refined, suitable for the house of a Duke or Earl, like decor tea sets, small statues, small figurines, old style art objects, glasses on an open book, two or three decor books with book stand in old style for shelves, old style table centerpieces that still allow tables to be fully useable -- all these set to the smallest footprint, so they can be placed on fireplace mantles

musical instrument decor clutter for a music room -- because even if we never get to play these instruments in the game, it would be nice for them to be represented somehow (any instrument you never plan to put in the game -- but I'm still hoping for a PC harp, though)
  • Options
    cutenfurry256cutenfurry256 Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2014
    Doing a quick think.

1. I agree a baking skill would be great
    2. I would like to have places to travel like: England, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, etc.
    3. new careers/jobs like Vet (pet doctor), gym trainer, banker
    4. Sims with physical disabilities or height differences
    5. more modern AND modest clothing options
    6. Skunks (could get sprayed mood let)
    7. A way to use .02 cents in my EA account Balance!
    8. Make the current store towns compatiable with ALL fish, Plants, gems, bugs, rocks, etc that a persons already owns for example I have Supernatural and Island Paradise but when I play Monte Visa none of the lots have mushrooms or some of the fish found in these two places!
  • Options
    MeganFSMeganFS Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see more royal inspired sets including clothes and hair. More English style furniture but more royal inspired hair with different type crowns and bands.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2014
    Told you I'd be back!

While building the other day I realised how much I love the modular curtains that came with Midnight Hollow and Roaring Heights. It's difficult finding sets of curtains that fit different shaped windows so it got me thinking.

Can we get more modular curtain sets? The two curtains (left and right) that came with Master Suite go really well with the toppers from Roaring Heights but the style of the toppers don't fit every style. I'd love more modular curtains of different styles :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    MeganFS wrote:
    I would love to see more royal inspired sets including clothes and hair. More English style furniture but more royal inspired hair with different type crowns and bands.

Totally agree with you crowns is a must! :)
  • Options
    ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I haven't been able to backtrack through all the pages to take a look at what everyone has said, but here's what I'd personally like to see*:

1. Medieval Set (even if that means converting everything from the defunct series for Sims 3)
    2. Traditional Korean Set (winter hanboks included)
    3. Nautical New England Set
    4. Nutcracker Ballet Set
    5. Traditional Nordic Clothing
    6. Camping Set
    7. Regency Era Set (for all seasons)
    8. More plants, flowers and trees
    9. Winter in 1800s New England
    10. Early 1900s gym
    11. Equestrian Wear
    *Clothing and hairstyles for all ages please

What I Want Complete:
    1. Edwardian set with clothing included.
    2. Expanded Palace of Versailles, African, Moroccan, Ancient Greece sets with a bedroom, bathroom, dining & all other rooms that have been neglected and more clothing & hairstyles for all ages.
    3. More Farming
    4. More Wilderness (especially clothing)

Sorry if anything was repeated. :D
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd like a doorway with beads. Set idea... 20 doorways with different beads. :lol:
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited February 2014
    Old town/French Quarter (if we aren't getting the world :P )

French-Quarter-800.jpg

And thank you Disney for Princess and the Frog it is just the inspiration style I'd love for Old town theme :)

the-princess-and-the-frog-2009-2.jpg

PrincessandtheFrog-concept-03.jpg

tumblr_lv05qmP4fF1qetpbso1_500.jpg

New-Orleans-Princess-and-the-Frog-Wallpaper.jpg

princess-frog-kinkade.jpg

WDPAFLTD06.jpg

Tiana's_Palace.png

Princess-Tianas-Restaurant.jpg

638977_1297373195774_full.jpg

And-the-frog-disneyscreencaps.com-7145.jpg.jpg

Princess%2Band%2Bthe%2BFrog3.jpg

the-princess-and-the-frog-114.png?w=590&h=368
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I haven't been able to backtrack through all the pages to take a look at what everyone has said, but here's what I'd personally like to see*:

1. Medieval Set (even if that means converting everything from the defunct series for Sims 3)
    2. Traditional Korean Set (winter hanboks included)
    3. Nautical New England Set
    4. Nutcracker Ballet Set
    5. Traditional Nordic Clothing
    6. Camping Set
    7. Regency Era Set (for all seasons)
    8. More plants, flowers and trees
    9. Winter in 1800s New England
    10. Early 1900s gym
    11. Equestrian Wear
    *Clothing and hairstyles for all ages please

What I Want Complete:
    1. Edwardian set with clothing included.
    2. Expanded Palace of Versailles, African, Moroccan, Ancient Greece sets with a bedroom, bathroom, dining & all other rooms that have been neglected and more clothing & hairstyles for all ages.
    3. More Farming
    4. More Wilderness (especially clothing)

Sorry if anything was repeated. :D

Totally agree with all your ideas!!! They're super! :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Old town/French Quarter (if we aren't getting the world :P )

French-Quarter-800.jpg

And thank you Disney for Princess and the Frog it is just the inspiration style I'd love for Old town theme :)

the-princess-and-the-frog-2009-2.jpg

PrincessandtheFrog-concept-03.jpg

tumblr_lv05qmP4fF1qetpbso1_500.jpg

New-Orleans-Princess-and-the-Frog-Wallpaper.jpg

princess-frog-kinkade.jpg

WDPAFLTD06.jpg

Tiana's_Palace.png

Princess-Tianas-Restaurant.jpg

638977_1297373195774_full.jpg

And-the-frog-disneyscreencaps.com-7145.jpg.jpg

Princess%2Band%2Bthe%2BFrog3.jpg

the-princess-and-the-frog-114.png?w=590&h=368

I LOVE your idea! I desperately need more of this so that I can create a New Orleans town!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And some curved staircases as well, left and right so that I can create that perfect grand foyer!! ;)