Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    ladysilver814ladysilver814 Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think it'd be great to bring back the composting feature of The Sims 2 with the composter that allowed bad food, dead plants, and leaf piles to be recycled and turned into compost for the garden. Playing with leaf piles, being able to woohoo in them, and being able to burn them are all fine and dandy (and fun) but I'd like to see more eco friendly options for my eco sims.

I really miss that composter (the horses just don't p.o.o. enough to get enough quality compost out of them) so I'd really like to see that composter make an appearance with an earth day set.

Seasons has leaf piles and I believe you can woohoo in them. And stone throws greenhouse has swiftgro and the sunflower which both do composting/fertilizing fearures, I believe. Swift grow composts eventing within it you provide 3 item like plants, fish,etc. and the sun flower drops sun rays that fertilize.

However that still requires a massive amount of space (same space as the horse stalls) where as the Sims 2 composter required only 2x1. The point really is that we shouldn't be forced to use "good food" (fish/harvestable) to turn into compost, the point of compost is to turn poor quality/inedible materials into good dirt. Items like leaves, dead plants, and food that has gone bad - recycle that stuff in an earth friendly way rather than throw it out.

I don't like that EA has thoroughly miss-applied composting principles such that the point of compost is actually lost on simmers.
  • Options
    kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2014
    How about twins sets like double stroller,double cribs(where you could two babies into one crib together , double changing table etc..... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    We definitely need the Old Town Starter finished.
    BSUGurl83 wrote:
    I would like to see a world travel set to London with clothing, photo booths, new cars, and maybe even new venue. :D Heck maybe this is more of a world idea

tumblr_m85bw9fGtf1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't think I disagree with anything posted so far.

Especially the bit about children, teens, and tot's needing clothes. When your on gen 8 or 9 of a legacy or playing a 100 baby challenge, the clothes and kids start to look the same even with recoloring the clothes.

I do have one major request, if we do get more grunge furniture/objects please have them low cost and no environmental bonus. It's hard{challenging} to create a run down apartment/house when the pieces I want to use the most have game aspects that don't match their battered and worn appearance.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,556 Member
    edited February 2014
    I do have one major request, if we do get more grunge furniture/objects please have them low cost and no environmental bonus. It's hard{challenging} to create a run down apartment/house when the pieces I want to use the most have game aspects that don't match their battered and worn appearance.
    Definitely! I remember way back when I excitedly bought the 'Go Sit On It' sofa, thinking it was perfect for my poor sims who were just starting out... but, no, it was way too expensive for them to be able to afford :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Definitely! I remember way back when I excitedly bought the 'Go Sit On It' sofa, thinking it was perfect for my poor sims who were just starting out... but, no, it was way too expensive for them to be able to afford :roll:

I agree with these points about the need for battered/worn/old looking items needing to be cheap.

For the existing things, I've been making cheap 'second hand' type shops with savvy sellers and putting all the tatty/junky items in them and making them really cheap. Then when I'm playing a family they can pick stuff up for really low prices. Just a suggestion for people who want to get the cheap-looking stuff for a matching cheap price!

I got the idea in part from Weealbet, when he made his thrift store.

I have 'shipping containers' as well that have cheap plumbing supplies and appliances in them too, and some 'fell off the back of a lorry' electronics. It makes things a lot more affordable and it's quite fun too! I just thought I'd share the idea.

I'm thinking of also having an arty sim get cheap furniture from dumpster diving and from the junkyard and art college and doing it up with CASt and having her sell it to pay for uni!

I've got a soft spot for repurposed furniture! It'd be nice to get more, the store team are good at that sort of thing!

I love this:

J172z%20Cabinet.jpg

and this:

armoirekitchen-1.jpg

and this:

Restoration-Hardware-Repurposed-Jack.jpg

and....

hmmm... maybe I shouldn't have googled 'repurposed furniture'. I could be here for some time. *stops self*
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd really like to see some mansion house build objects.
    Some nice gates, rails etc.
    Would be nice for some new roof pieces like this too:

Hatfield_House_-_July_2013_9225083678-1.jpg

As well as more wide archways and maybe some with railings so we can create castle-like views in the wall, etc.

Croft_Manor_02.jpg

Also some more UK-like plants and trees would be nice too :)
    Also more tudor-like walls:

pand.jpg

I'd like more British-based objects if possible - red phoneboxes, post boxes, Maybe some road signs etc.

Thanks
    Gaz :)
  • Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    A concert Venue that makes more musical instruments available like a concert harp, music stands to put sheet music on, and a conductor Pedestal.
  • Options
    LORILYELORILYE Posts: 48 New Member
    edited February 2014
    wensimmie wrote:
    Love all of the suggestions and ideas :)

Here is my wishlist:
    Horse and Carriage/Sleigh/Cart
    Sewing Machine
    Goats, Sheep, Pigs
    Butter Churn
    Bustles
    Loom
    Tea Set
    Spinning Wheel
    More Maternity Wear :!:
    More girl hairstyles
    Baby carriage
    Ballerina Outfits and shoes
    Canning
    More harvestables
    Snowmobile
    Model T Car

Those would be awesome items. I weave and spin in real life. I also owned a goat farm for 11 years. I would love to be able to have my Sims be able to do those things. Plus have them sheer the sheep to card and spin the wool. A carding machine would be nice too.
  • Options
    AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited February 2014
    A few ideas just sprung into my head :P ..if possible can see ceiling fans that actually move & give effect onto our sims
    emotions. Like the ones in "Mansions & Gardens Stuff"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWtid8N21pzmehokqJFvf_joYNM5EVTv2WLcllCBE2TAjlStlkEA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtritavSWbxHLH6uR_liI8YRF-4Fd1RbevZ-8eTGsu9wmM4r1aEg

& can we have kids swinging from ceiling fans, like in the old sims trailers. & Maybe a lovable family photo :?:

670px-The-Sims-2-the-sims-2-815293_1024_768.jpg
  • Options
    WittyladyWittylady Posts: 573 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would like

broken windows
    Long grass
    stained wallpaper
    "grubby" patterns and curtains
    together with objects that look jaded

this would enable for a more authentic look of a rundown homes
    in your game

so maybe a "hobo" set incorporating the above?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    A big YES PLEASE to a couple of ceiling fans! I think the only one we have is that tropical palm looking one from the store but I'd love a modern one that would be good for offices, and a vintage or traditional one:

2a9af6265633fa4e3a5fbf79f9ef9dab.jpg

traditional-ceiling-fans.jpg

That's one of those things I keep wishing we had but I keep forgetting to ask! :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited February 2014
    Well, this is just an odd request. I want a giant fire pit into which I can throw all the unwanted things that accumulate in my Sims inventory and that I don't have any use for and mostly just delete. I'd like them to blow up, go poof, shoot off like a rocket, fizzle, sputter - do something amusing, exciting, interesting. Really just a more entertaining way of getting rid of things.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited February 2014
    Maternity wear.

Motherhood has had NO attention paid to its needs. Toddlers, children, young adults, adults and elders have had attention paid to them. Each one has it's own set(s) of stylish clothing made to fit. There are sets for events and eras in history, for steampunk and farmers, but none for mothers.

The usually fashionable sim can look forward to 2 things to wear during her pregnancy, the sundress/nightgown or the sweatpants and longsleeved tee-shirt. Why should she be dressed in such limited choices? What is the reason for such neglect of mothers?

I hope in your search for a set to focus on that you will give motherhood some much needed attention.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    edited February 2014
    I second Maternity wear!! please please before the sims 3 is over!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just to help out those who would like some Maternity Wear options 8)

jessica-simpson-440x330.jpg

Looking-For-Hot-And-Funky-Maternity-Clothes.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRELNhh-W8asDyFIhmmp0vV21-GLGk8XoaTXp2h20yVj5ZLQ4Qh

3djtcqi0tC6l.jpg
  • Options
    InsaneSimDPInsaneSimDP Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sims 3 Store Idea.

I remember far back to the maxis days in like the Sims 1 and Sims Online there was a Robot Dog! I thought that was soooo cute! Maybe the Sims 3 Store Can make a premium item Robot Dog. I think that would be awesome. Maybe it can be in the style of the Plumbots and look all future techy. Anyone every see Jimmy Neutrons dog?
  • Options
    jadeenkittenjadeenkitten Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Two things i have been dying for since the original Sims 3 came out are curved walls and more corner stairs.
    The new stairs from the Glassblowing set are great, but a few different kind would be great and I'd love to see some stairs like the ones from Mansion and Garden stuff in Sims 2.

Id also love an indoor gardening set, the pots that you get from seasons are very limited and clunky...

Wall height frosted Glass petitions would also be appreciated. and maybe an indoor water fall would be cool..

I could go on for days=P

Thanks for asking!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2014
    Keep it nice and simple. :)

A 'Family Band' set
    "Could you be the next Jackson 5, or only manage to be the next Hanson"

Musical instruments for all ages. Guitar's, drums etc. Plus musical costumes maybe based on those worn by the best known family bands like the Jackson 5, Osmonds, 5-Star etc.

The positives.

1. I'd buy it. ;)

2. It enhances at least 3 expansion packs. :)

3. It gives musical options to those other than adults. ;)

4. It would **** good smack you in the face with a wet haddock FUN! :D
  • Options
    treintrientreintrien Posts: 492 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Jimboola11: That's a marvellous idea!

With the microphone, please :mrgreen:

I sooooh miss that object, you could sing... and do standup.
    It was in sims2...somewhere ... university I think :?:

I would love something fun to improve charisma.

I realise the singing would be way to expensive to add, with voices and stuff. But for the standup they could use the 'joke' and 'funny story' sound files, so that might just work :?:
  • Options
    abbysmama2003abbysmama2003 Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    Sets!!!

1. Maybe a new exercise set with all different kinds of exercise such as volleyball, baseball, tennis, yoga, softball, and gymnastics,.

2. How about a dessert set that comes with different desserts like different types of cupcakes, new birthday cakes that you can customize yourself, and beautiful wedding cakes.

3.A Carnival set with a Ferris wheel, bumper cars, carousel, and umm that's it!!!

Premium Content Items!!!!!!

1. Double Ovens
  • Options
    abbysmama2003abbysmama2003 Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    Sets!!!

1. Maybe a new exercise set with all different kinds of exercise such as volleyball, baseball, tennis, yoga, softball, and gymnastics,.

2. How about a dessert set that comes with different desserts like different types of cupcakes, new birthday cakes that you can customize yourself, and beautiful wedding cakes.

3.A Carnival set with a Ferris wheel, bumper cars, carousel, and umm that's it!!!

Premium Content Items!!!!!!

1. Double Ovens
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Please bring back actual working magazines, maybe as premium content, maybe link them with
    emotion of particular sims traits :)

MTS_Numenor-776178-LF-magazines.jpg

bring back genre's of sims 2 magazine's..maybe even new ones like..money/business, entertainment/hollywood, maybe
    things like..a baby/parenting magazine..which would affect how a mother cares for her child, maybe has some tips..along with
    a teen magazine, sports magazine, auto enthusiast magazine, stuff that will give sims new skills & emotions. :P & please bring back magazine racks also.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmDQX_isnlMEafXw6JTCAUWDg02gEdLNjB-0vAEVqHA60vEs25

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYHL2jOx19-Hz_5tSlUMi15I0Z-9ltL7gJEUbbbTI8uXae-g9i

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaQUfzMc7zhp6tGx_2XKaK_yF4p01TjMGSvxo4-G-TY0BNQwIQBg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEsKY8rU1uFAzlblE6-mqg1KMvSTDVonq5hBDyPOcMZg5zIm6Zog

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhRhWlIBOvQgCB25i-jV8E0qPy9iuNCvwlIBjm02D_Jmse91znAw

749882.largethumb.jpg

• Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2014
    treintrien wrote:
    Jimboola11: That's a marvellous idea!

With the microphone, please :mrgreen:

I sooooh miss that object, you could sing... and do standup.
    It was in sims2...somewhere ... university I think :?:

I would love something fun to improve charisma.

I realise the singing would be way to expensive to add, with voices and stuff. But for the standup they could use the 'joke' and 'funny story' sound files, so that might just work :?:

Oh yeah, big ol' microphone from the 50's like Elvis or Bill Haley used have. That would be unreal! 8)
  • Options
    kcjkkcjk Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I would like to see:
    A Romance Set
    A Holiday Winter Set
    I would love to at least see one of these sets at the store.