Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    edited February 2014
    Venues: bakery,clothes and shoes store, ice cream parlor, maternity for moms,hair salon.
    Store set: urban hairstyles and clothes,baby set(clothes,shoes,pacifier,etc..),toddler sets,elder sets,more bathrooms sets,sports sets(boxing bag,tennis,volleyball,baseball,gymnastics, etc...
    more pottery and knitting.
    More japanese sets,france sets, you know other countries sets like clothing,shoes,furniture,makeup,hairstyles, etc...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2014
    SuttiPutt wrote:
    1.I would love to see furniture like this for the country sets to fit in with the cabins along with even baby chairs to add to the scenry and a horse and sleigh for our horses to take our sims on a moonlit night ride as well as sewing machines to pass the time.

log4.jpg
    Cabin-Furniture-for-Dining-Room.jpg
    cabin-log-furniture.5-5.adult-log-cabin-beds.jpg
    sleigh-ride-richard-de-wolfe.jpg
    2.Castle sets I would love to see a kitchen & bathroom set to finish it off that would fit the timess.
    3.A bathroom and kitchen for the Indian sets.
    4.A bedroom and bathroom set for the roaring 20'🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    5.A 50's bathroom set for the dinner.
    6.Palace of Versailles Kitchen,bathroom and bedroom set.
    7.A clawtub would be great for one of the sets.
    8.Cabin looking stairs
    9.Zacucci combination tub.
    10.bunk beds with a ladder
    11.Merry go round for the kids which is one thing that's a must for kids on the playground.
    12.longer legged slacks or jeans for guys and girls that don't look nerdy.
    13.Ireland theme which would be neat.
    14.shower heads like they had in sims2 university for smaller bathrooms to save space,I know we got shower-heads with sunlite tides but they couldn't use it except by wearing a swimsuit,which was not the same at all.
    15.Would like a bedroom set to go with the once upon a time set.
    16.Edwardian Expression bathroom,bedroom and livingroom set.
    17.a clothes rack like they had in sims2 where the sims could add extra outfits when they went shopping to wear more than three outfits that could also be used in their closets,which made them workable.
    18. ajustable curtains that can fit any window.
    19.recolorable plants,flowers,grass,rocks etc.
    20.A building set that would include different styles of stairs,roofs,windows,doors and anything to do with building a house.
    21.fancier ceiling lights that are more fitting for the Victorian era.
    22.Outer victorian coat with muffs etc. that are more classy looking for different eras.
    23.More softer looking hairstyles that look like hair,styles that the guys and girls can go dressed to a fancy ball along with a ball gown that's looks like Cinderella's or Bells gown and elegant finery for the guys as well.
    24.Different styles of telephone's to fit different era's,that are recolorable.

Put me down for all of these.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd like a indoor water venue with a large indoor waterfall. Maybe with an aquarium surrounding the inside of the building on every wall and even the ceiling.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hair Salon/Barber Shop set with of course hair styling oriented clutter, a barber pole, styling chairs, stand up dryers, hair washing sinks, magazines.

I'd really like this!

I'm just seconding the requests for long Victorian bustle dresses.
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    WOW, you are really opening up a can a worms with that question Mr. Copeland! :lol: All kidding aside, it means a lot to a vast majority of us when you reach out like this! :D

Dear, Santa Copeland

:lol: and yes!

• Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited February 2014
    Personally, I would rather see old sets completed rather than new ones introduced.

This! A million times this :D

Oh and to rip the barista machine off of it's base and put it on a kitchen work top, I wanna drink peppermint tea at home :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ok my idea would be something interactive and fun since I feel my game lacking in that department as far as on dates etc.I would say a Carriage House :-o now how this works is simple,first off its a way to add new furniture and build objects 2nd is the premium item Carriage Rides.Now this should be set to a very slow speed for easy viewing and ability to watch the ride using the follow sim action already in game.The best part being its a 2 part venue with a start and finish point so the player controls true ride duration.I put my start point here and end point way across town for example as to get the most out of it.(No person can complain about lenth of ride its to thier liking)Now on to the ride itself this should be slow as mentioned for enjoyment of animations but also for rendering of surrounding buildings etc to make it feel real and beautiful.Now this will include interactions for dates such as Propose marriage leading to a corny (Carriage Marriage) LOL moodlet lasting 20 hours giving plus 60 to mood or however you want.Also the great date moodlet.Other options are cuddle,kiss,make out and woo hoo.This is easily done because you just make the carriage top go up, make it shake as you go, toss in a few hearts and BOOM WooHOOOO :wink: See pic below.

desktopcarriage_zps4a3cf47b.jpg

top goes up WooHoo begins

Also great for smoozing your boss "Ask for a raise maybe" making friends (New friend moodlet) etc etc.Best thing is EA has most of this ready to go like routing the trip etc and animations.Although surprise us with new ones.(Popping the cork on some nectar maybe) :wink: Anyway this is your chance to shine EA and make up for the Bistro :cry: And draw in the simmers who love romance and storytelling which I believe is ummm MOST OF THEM :mrgreen: Thats my idea and how to do it.Hope you like it and make it happen.Signed Craven:The weird simmer with terrible typing skills

carriage2_zps347243db.jpg

PS:Heck yeah Carriage riding Because horses are meant to drive not to ride.SEE

giphy_zps017b1750.gif

Post edited by Unknown User on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    RanyRandolffRanyRandolff Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to have a Hammock in my game, please! It was so cool in Sims 2!
    So please, give it to us!

2598621.jpg

2598623.jpg

• Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited February 2014
    I was thinking something along the lines of a set such as the Teen stuff pack from TS2. I would say something along the lines of clothes for them.

Maybe also an additional FutureShock set, such as an outdoor set and maybe even a FutureShock clothing set to "beef up" what we got in Into the Future.

For the futureshock set, I had an idea for a hovering chair, not a PC item but just a chair that doesn't have legs, and has a glowing area below it to show that it's hovering.

1620435_587016414708492_924225997_n.jpg

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2014
    EDIT: Several people are mentioning new Premium Content they would like, which is fine, but I'm asking specifically about object sets (mimics) you'd like to see in the Sims 3 Store. :thumbup:
    Looks like you could delete most of the thread in that case :lol::lol:

If 'object' sets includes clothing, I'd like to see more sleepwear and swimwear for the non-YA/Adult age groups. I'd also like a huge décor set - objects that make our homes/stores look more like life:

Kitchen décor like dish drainers, mug trees, place-mat settings with cutlery and glass, food canisters and boxes (which could also be placed in a grocery store), jars/bottles, a shelf full of - say - jam jars or something, fake food items like loaves of bread, cakes etc (ooh - and whilst doing that, you could make us a couple of new real birthday cakes :D the one we've got is pretty boring to use at every single birthday).

Other décor for around the home - open half-played board games, more toys (like a fake toy garage), handbags/purses to leave lying around, sports bags, hand weights, a new coat rack, new shoe racks (how about one with male shoes?), décor radiators/heaters etc.

Garden décor! Empty plant pots, gardening tools, empty wheelbarrow etc. You get the idea!

The list could go on and on :mrgreen:
  • Options
    FastLocksmitFastLocksmit Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2014
    clothing store
    dressing room with choice of clothes out of expansion pack or stuff pack
    dresser only with bought clothes

too many clothes in dresser/create sims - please help :!:

:D
  • Options
    postoyalecpostoyalec Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2014
    Putowtin wrote:
    Oh and to rip the barista machine off of it's base and put it on a kitchen work top, I wanna drink peppermint tea at home :mrgreen:
    This, any day!
    todoabout on MTS
  • Options
    dangmaldangmal Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2014
    in terms of old sets i'd like to see completed, one of my favourites is the once apon a time set. I'd like to see an outfit for every fairytale stereotype - evil queen, fairy godmother etc and more of the once upon a time build items and decor.

But a new set I'd like to see is a build your own tree house/eco hippy set. Im thinking a range of full size trees the right hight to build in and onto, plus new windows and doors that would fit with that. Id also like the things to make a sort of hippy camp. I'd like to see a new nudist beach lot type like pixel acres in a previous game, with more dread hairstyles and maybe some tie die outfits.
  • Options
    CarpioCarpio Posts: 33 Member
    edited February 2014
    Horse drawn sleds for the snow. Horse drawn carriages and carts for worlds that should not have cars. Maybe a retirement home for the elders to have a good time. Teen Town for the Teenagers to hang out maybe dance eat, play games and just have fun. skate boards, petting zoo Just a few of my ideas.

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have a few ideas;

Remote control toys as in helicopters or racing cars.

A lot more toddler objects such as a toddler pool, a play mat and some objects for them like more clothes and toys already rendered in game.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2014
    Alan, you are seriously the best! :D

I'd love to see the older themes completed before new themes are introduced. One of my favourite kitchen sets is the Edwardian Kitchen set, but I so rarely use it because there isn't anything else that matches that stunning kitchen. A full house set would be very much appreciated, so:

Edwardian Living Room
    Edwardian Bedroom (YA/A/E)
    Edwardian Bedroom (Male Teen)
    Edwardian Bedroom (Female Teen)
    Edwardian Bedroom (Children)
    Edwardian Bedroom (Toddlers!!!)
    Edwardian Bathroom
    Edwardian Dining Room
    Edwardian Outside

The Country Livin'/Farm Fresh Folk sets could be fleshed out too to include a full house worth of content!

But why stop with the home? You know what I'm like for building shops and community lots! Something I'd REALLY!!! REALLY!!! Love to see at the Store would be community lot stuff. Little knick-knacks that we can sell in our shops. So, for different shops:

Clothing Store:
    Mannequins (decor, not like the ITF ones, unless you can make that happen?) of all ages and both sexes!
    Different styles of shoe racks
    Changing room decor
    Different clothing displays
    Hats
    Small decor items, like jewellery stands and stuff
    Wall posters showing of the 'hottest looks'
    (The H&M Stuff Pack from The Sims 2 might be a good indicator?)

Coffee Shops:
    Cafe signs,
    Vintage looking decor,
    Cafe clutter (similar to that tissue, salt/pepper, sauce thing from I Heart the 50's)

That's all I can really think of for now, but I'll be back!! :D
  • Options
    Stablehand6Stablehand6 Posts: 288 Member
    edited February 2014
    SimGuruCopeland,

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I'm glad all is well with you, job-wise, and hope it stays that way!

Hmmm, new buy/build stuff? Well, for what it's worth, here's my "odds n' ends wish list":

This'll sound weird, but old-fashioned toilets with wall-mounted tank and pull chain for flushing, and bathtubs with shower curtains. Like this:

estate_02.png

And like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6uOmQ-53tNRlf5plEvGYlLOfWCyW10lLTZBygLYOVH_qqZ_L8hg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfUZ9yQXh9kNbXwP4GVh7BkokAc4kqdB02b8PVwT36DRkeaYVk

And even though I love the ones we have in the game now, some shower/tub combos that look a little less expensive/more plain would be quite welcome, something like this, with a shower curtain:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy04bBwptfc2UCazrGKRrUxlqsZ39UzgtRkUAlDIjFXMSbJYaK

An upright piano like the one in TS2 (maybe even a player piano?):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr7rHI3viCNMoo_bcgZ1ir2oNllMTl3Nik3oAeLrj6yCLUEz0W9w

estate_06.png

More rabbit-hole styles, and smaller sizes? I'm trying to build my own world with an Atlantic Coastal feel to it and I can always use rabbit-hole buildings that have a colonial look to them, in clapboard, stone or brick, and in neutral, dull or muted tones. An old-fashioned schoolhouse is one of the buildings that comes to mind. And any kind of colonial/traditional style buy or build items would be much appreciated too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqwtc1e37lUwBo9DEVm5yrmX2lybRSwWTz8P1HECL2WODe7jqx

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+england+towns&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS527US527&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Vk_wUsPCJ-jJsASTgYHQDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1371&bih=622

Glass block walls/windows (floor to ceiling):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAM2B8OTdUq7XFVYpiL8GvmUqH5Zd3r_ojKBn2JhJ_5Jbzngz8OQ

A large Jacuzzi-style bathtub like from Sims 1:

TS1-Hydrothera.gif

Stairwell, U-shaped, and curved stairs:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUZiWlCjW5krzsKQRz8WDGPNKjBkgpYFrtoQO3xREodE190qnH1w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSal8TuYIRAVNM8Kex3hQLKRfWYdcMo5CLr5h2DPVUB9k2BvpACmA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCoVYhplUIVBVBLAXJJxh7T7mfWNdQVrWs16d--CKrmoLA7S9q

And I know you said the focus is build/buy, but... I figure I'll also throw in a shameless plea here and beg for a bakery, a flower shop, a canning station to make preserves with harvestables, and some sort of register system like the Savvy Sellers set which our sims can use to sell craftables, collectables, and fish from their own shops.

... Aaaaand maybe a ferris wheel and/or carousel to flesh out the carnival that y'all started with the Cirque set and roller coaster...

Aaand maaaaybe fix the corn plant and give us a popcorn maker/stand so our sims can have popcorn at the carnival/fair/amusement park...

Pretty please? :)
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2014
    More clothing for toddlers and elders. Maybe a mini-me set of grandparent/grandchild clothing for elders and toddlers/children.

More sleepwear for toddlers thru to elders; nightshirt for male sims; frilly negligee or house coat for female sims; summer PJ set for children and toddlers

A set of t-shirts for toddlers thru to elders with images of the different Sims 3 gnomes on the front.
  • Options
    KlagendeFeeKlagendeFee Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I want to see more victorian stuff.. furniture, clothing, buildmode etc. and more authentic victorian stuff and of course as a PC I want to have a horse carriage that works like a car. I would also like to see more steampunk stuff and rococo and medieval stuff.
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2014
    i really love your threat thank you. after reading most of the wishes and wants of the community there one piece missing out: for CAS winteroutfits i would like to see just some jackets, that can be worn on top of the regular clothing or on top of the fancy clothing. i am always struggeling with winterclothing in CAS.

furthermore i could not agree more with completion of excisting sets Like gothic, regal, steampunk and other (historical) styles.
    the question you asked though is got an idea, so i am assuming you need new stuff. I can not think of anything more than window and door-sets. i would really love more of the windows and doors of supernatural and midnight hollow. i just love those. it would be great if you could ccreate more adjecent window placing like on top of eachother so you get 2 or 3 story-high windows. More magical items would be great to. expanding the savvey sellers collection into "open for bussiness"would be great! good luck with all wishes, you still have a lot of sets to create according to community :-)
  • Options
    SimsDreamSimsDream Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see big doors and windows like in The Sims 2 HM Fashion, I loved these big windows and doors.
  • Options
    alexis42alexis42 Posts: 307 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I think the game lacks decorative elements for homes. this is why I would like that we can find in the store more than table linen and cushions that can be put on the sofas, lounge chairs or beds but also small statues trinkets .
    It should also be added various types of carpets .

After that I found in the store are always found beds, chairs and tables but never small decorative elements .

then I think the garden was also abandoned , in fact I find it lacks barriéres which is not too high to be able to create massive , it also lacks small garden decorations , games outdoors and lounges shows gardens.

stores were also abandoned. I remember the H & M kit sims 2 which allowed to create clothing stores, why not do the same for the sims 3. the only thing that can create shopping is the case Midnight Now. I find this not only special fund because it does not manage inventory as it was possible with additional sims 2 indicates good business

Finally , the last thing missing are round or square tables that can put more than 4 chairs because the only tables that can put more than 4 chairs are all rectangular. it is the same for coffee tables, it seems that the number of coffee table that we have only 2 or 3 are round.
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    edited February 2014
    A lot of these ideas could work to finish the Edwardian sets.

SimGuruCopeland,

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I'm glad all is well with you, job-wise, and hope it stays that way!

Hmmm, new buy/build stuff? Well, for what it's worth, here's my "odds n' ends wish list":

This'll sound weird, but old-fashioned toilets with wall-mounted tank and pull chain for flushing, and bathtubs with shower curtains. Like this:

estate_02.png

And like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6uOmQ-53tNRlf5plEvGYlLOfWCyW10lLTZBygLYOVH_qqZ_L8hg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfUZ9yQXh9kNbXwP4GVh7BkokAc4kqdB02b8PVwT36DRkeaYVk

And even though I love the ones we have in the game now, some shower/tub combos that look a little less expensive/more plain would be quite welcome, something like this, with a shower curtain:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy04bBwptfc2UCazrGKRrUxlqsZ39UzgtRkUAlDIjFXMSbJYaK

An upright piano like the one in TS2 (maybe even a player piano?):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr7rHI3viCNMoo_bcgZ1ir2oNllMTl3Nik3oAeLrj6yCLUEz0W9w

estate_06.png

More rabbit-hole styles, and smaller sizes? I'm trying to build my own world with an Atlantic Coastal feel to it and I can always use rabbit-hole buildings that have a colonial look to them, in clapboard, stone or brick, and in neutral, dull or muted tones. An old-fashioned schoolhouse is one of the buildings that comes to mind. And any kind of colonial/traditional style buy or build items would be much appreciated too.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqwtc1e37lUwBo9DEVm5yrmX2lybRSwWTz8P1HECL2WODe7jqx

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+england+towns&hl=en&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS527US527&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Vk_wUsPCJ-jJsASTgYHQDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1371&bih=622

Glass block walls/windows (floor to ceiling):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAM2B8OTdUq7XFVYpiL8GvmUqH5Zd3r_ojKBn2JhJ_5Jbzngz8OQ

A large Jacuzzi-style bathtub like from Sims 1:

TS1-Hydrothera.gif

Stairwell, U-shaped, and curved stairs:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUZiWlCjW5krzsKQRz8WDGPNKjBkgpYFrtoQO3xREodE190qnH1w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSal8TuYIRAVNM8Kex3hQLKRfWYdcMo5CLr5h2DPVUB9k2BvpACmA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCoVYhplUIVBVBLAXJJxh7T7mfWNdQVrWs16d--CKrmoLA7S9q

And I know you said the focus is build/buy, but... I figure I'll also throw in a shameless plea here and beg for a bakery, a flower shop, a canning station to make preserves with harvestables, and some sort of register system like the Savvy Sellers set which our sims can use to sell craftables, collectables, and fish from their own shops.

... Aaaaand maybe a ferris wheel and/or carousel to flesh out the carnival that y'all started with the Cirque set and roller coaster...

Aaand maaaaybe fix the corn plant and give us a popcorn maker/stand so our sims can have popcorn at the carnival/fair/amusement park...

Pretty please? :)
  • Options
    Lea347Lea347 Posts: 248 Member
    edited February 2014
    I would like boxes of chocolates (of various flavors) with real animations, to eat and offer to our sims's friends. And drinkable champagne (maybe not with the name "champagne" as I know EA doesn't like to promote alcohol)with nice glasses and not these awful goblets that are used with nectars.

And I would like the world on Imperial Russia which had been included in the 2010 survey. I would like my sims to live in a glittering world with gold palaces and luxury furniture. Imperial Russia is a great theme. It's one of my favorite historic period. I would be glad if EA proposes it to us before the end of TS3..

But my greatest wish was the jewelry machine, thanks for including it in the next set..My only regret is that it doesn't seem we will be able to create jewels from gems. I like collecting and cutting gems in game but I find them so unuseless while we could do so much things with them (furnitures, jewels...)
  • Options
    nx450nx450 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2014
    What I love you to do some disability items and some disable sims like we have in the really world.

The stuff come out so far is wonderful