Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

we need previews EA!!!!

we all know its in pre-alpha stage so it could dramatically change before its released! Please just show us some of the babies or toddlers. WE helped give you the most anticipated game award as well as lots of us have preordered several months in advance then you change the release.... so now we have preordered far far in advance

WE DESERVE SOME MORE INFO!!!! :mrgreen: PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

I hope youre reading EA! this is getting big

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited January 2014
    Except that At this point i dont really belive it can -dramatically change- and i am assuming it will not.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    They should be past pre alpha and into alpha by now. They should be in beta by July that gives them a couple of months before they go gold.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2014
    ashley9483 wrote:
    we all know its in pre-alpha stage so it could dramatically change before its released! Please just show us some of the babies or toddlers. WE helped give you the most anticipated game award as well as lots of us have preordered several months in advance then you change the release.... so now we have preordered far far in advance

WE DESERVE SOME MORE INFO!!!! :mrgreen: PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

I agree with you. You do deserve more information for the simple fact they sold you a mere conception of the idea of what The Sims 4 is going to be. You bought into a CAS that wasn't even finished, and a staged video that later was explained Sims' emotions are 'gradual' and don't work like the staged video at all. Because it was staged and sped up and they used the unlockable objects (probably) to make you think they could go from happy to sad in a heartbeat.

And they pushed back the date..but legally they get by with that because they never said if the game was coming out in March like most of us believed. Now you have to wait until fall,which is anytime after Oct. 21st...yeah, not knowing what the specs are, if the kids are controllable or even if the neighborhood is open or not, and later learning CASt is out of the game, too..you all took a big risk at a game you know nothing about at all other than what could change from pre alpha to Beta...and not be in the game at all.

ETA: I'm not telling anyone to cancel their preorders but knowing myself I would be pretty ticked if I had learned after I preordered CASt was removed, or omitted, the game is pushed back in some our minds to Oct or Nov., that what was shown early in mags might not even be in the base game later, for whatever reasons, not knowing if kids and teens are controllable characters or NPCs, if the town is open or closed or cells or whatever, and what they tell me today can get dropped tomorrow...after all that's another 9 months away..I would cancel my preorder since I think it's all too risky for at $70.00 a pop.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

And they pushed back the date..but legally they get by with that because they never said if the game was coming out in March like most of us believed. Now you have to wait until fall,which is anytime after Oct. 21st...yeah, not knowing what the specs are, if the kids are controllable or even if the neighborhood is open or not, and later learning CASt is out of the game, too..you all took a big risk at a game you know nothing about at all other than what could change from pre alpha to Beta...and not be in the game at all.

I thought it had been confirmed for March before they pushed it back?

8768383112_77fb9125b2.jpg

1370487_10152003116308623_2066246636_n.jpg
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I agree with you. You do deserve more information for the simple fact they sold you a mere conception of the idea of what The Sims 4 is going to be. You bought into a CAS that wasn't even finished, and a staged video that later was explained Sims' emotions are 'gradual' and don't work like the staged video at all. Because it was staged and sped up and they used the unlockable objects (probably) to make you think they could go from happy to sad in a heartbeat.

ETA: I'm not telling anyone to cancel their preorders but knowing myself I would be pretty ticked if I had learned after I preordered CASt was removed, or omitted, the game is pushed back in some our minds to Oct or Nov., that what was shown early in mags might not even be in the base game later, for whatever reasons, not knowing if kids and teens are controllable characters or NPCs, if the town is open or closed or cells or whatever, and what they tell me today can get dropped tomorrow...after all that's another 9 months away..I would cancel my preorder since I think it's all too risky for at $70.00 a pop.
    Do you guys have to pay for pre orders. People always seem to make a big deal about them, I always pre order just in case I later want a collector's edition, that way I know I am guaranteed one. If I change my mind later I will just cancel it. They are free here.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    edited January 2014
    For preorders at Gamestop you habe to just put $5 down, or as much as you want. If you cancel they give you your money back.
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited January 2014
    yes game stores usually only let you preorder with about $5 up to whatever amount you want.. but I think she is referring to people who preordered digital download like from origin, who make you pay full price.. many game stores online make you pay full price to preorder.. that way when they get shipment they can just auto ship out to you so their online preoders get their copies on release date or sometimes a day or two before launch.. Its pretty crappy this thing has been pushed back.. and even crapier that the base game is going to cost as much as it is.. which is a lot more than any previous sims game to date... and yet doesn't seem to have all the bells and whistles of the previous games... The only thing for me that its got going for it is the body shop modification capabilities..

Personally I think if they are going to push this thing back so far.. They owe people a unlimited working demo of the body shop.. so people can play with the sliders and make sims whilst they wait..
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Display cases, online listings and even an EA financial report told us it would be March, but it wasn't an officially announced date.
  • Options
    ashley9483ashley9483 Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2014
    yes game stores usually only let you preorder with about $5 up to whatever amount you want.. but I think she is referring to people who preordered digital download like from origin, who make you pay full price.. many game stores online make you pay full price to preorder.. that way when they get shipment they can just auto ship out to you so their online preoders get their copies on release date or sometimes a day or two before launch.. Its pretty crappy this thing has been pushed back.. and even crapier that the base game is going to cost as much as it is.. which is a lot more than any previous sims game to date... and yet doesn't seem to have all the bells and whistles of the previous games... The only thing for me that its got going for it is the body shop modification capabilities..

Personally I think if they are going to push this thing back so far.. They owe people a unlimited working demo of the body shop.. so people can play with the sliders and make sims whilst they wait..

i'd take this without the greyed out spots like at gamescon and be perfectly happy to wait.. but if i dont get anything soon on kids im gonna cancel my preorder
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Display cases, online listings and even an EA financial report told us it would be March, but it wasn't an officially announced date.

per haps they didnt see that. I havent until now. so yes to someone who hasnt seen that posting would think it wasnt confirmed because all i hear is from other simmers
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    COME ON EA!!!!
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    None of this is a surprise to me and shouldn't be to anyone who played TS before TS3. Remember when they pushed back the release date for TS3 a full year? We were floored but we got through it. They never officially "announced" a release. Release dates change all the time with EA.

It seems like the March date was just a filler and people, especially advertisers ran with it to get sales. If people think it's coming out sooner than later, they will most likely rush to pre-order. Gamestop allows you to put $5 down cash, or you can do it for free if you go to their website. They let you pre-order free, including shipping and don't charge you until it ships. Though I physically have $5 down in an actual store, I just did this last night under a different login.

I've been playing TS long enough to know that they usually don't drastically change in the game. Things like not being able to play children? Ummm no. EA knows it's a life simulation game so the life stages are set in stone as it's been mentioned by EA. Yes, CASt was taken out but CASt was added on in TS3 and was a new concept with TS. Yes, it sucks that they removed it but some things are just bound not to make it into the base games.
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited January 2014
    I think we need to Beta test it. I will not buy it unless I know what it is going to be like. They beta tested Sim City. Why can't they Beta test The Sims 4???? I also think that Ea moved the release date because no one really is buying it. We want previews and specs.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2014
    mnevin25 wrote:
    I think we need to Beta test it. I will not buy it unless I know what it is going to be like. They beta tested Sim City. Why can't they Beta test The Sims 4???? I also think that Ea moved the release date because no one really is buying it. We want previews and specs.

Cross your fingers, you may get a demo on Feb, 4th but I doubt it. As for people not really buying it, well, there are people who plan to buy it, and people who "say" they won't but will probably buy it anyway, and come up with a new username on the new TS4 forums. :lol: I don't think there are too many people not buying it. They just want more info which will come in due time. We do have 9-10 months after all.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2014
    mnevin25 wrote:

15 mins to 30 mins to beta test SimCity was no beta test seeing how horrible SimCity turned out at launch and Sims 3 so called bugs cannot even touch SimCity which should be PatchCity. No, EA did not move the date for that, it may have been moved because of various reasons other than people wanting to buy it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Megadustrial_SimMegadustrial_Sim Posts: 180 Member
    edited January 2014
    mnevin25 wrote:

Cross your fingers, you may get a demo on Feb, 4th but I doubt it. As for people not really buying it, well, there are people who plan to buy it, and people who "say" they won't but will probably buy it anyway, and come up with a new username on the new TS4 forums. :lol: I don't think there are too many people not buying it. They just want more info which will come in due time. We do have 9-10 months after all.

I did see someone in a previous post say something about having a huge rant about why they weren't going to buy the game and admitted that they were already softening up to the idea of getting it. Also I saw something somewhere about EA honoring the great game guarantee that is there specifically for the occasion where you buy a game you heard was super awesome and then it turns out being nothing like what you expected.
    (Here is the link)I'm not sure if pre-orders are included in this but it just might save any ones tooshie who did pre-order if it turns out horribly.
    Check out my awesome house Zephyr's Edge -TODAY!