Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh, I would SO love a jewelry-making station/desk/machine! Finally, something to do with gemstones rather than just sell them! Please, oh, please, let it be true.... :mrgreen:
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2014
    I would like more jewelry, but I do hope we get some more clothes.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    i just thought of something the gems we already have in game can/will we able to use those too and the gem dust from using the gem cutting machine ?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2014
    This is the stores opportunity to give us peircings if we get a jewelry making machine. I want lip rings that can be worn on the left side of the lip,center and right side like in ts2 and also peircings for the navel and tongue.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:
    i just thought of something the gems we already have in game can/will we able to use those too and the gem dust from using the gem cutting machine ?

Most likely yes.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I'm still reeling from getting teen clothes (any kind of teen clothes) and new jewelry (recolorable), in the last set.

And now we have hints about more possible jewelry being part of a PC set coming out in a few weeks. I'm trying hard to keep my imagination within the bounds of reality, because I have been wanting to make jewelry out of gems for sooooo long.

I mean, those gems are sparkly and beautiful, but they ... sit on a counter or end table or something. Just sit there, sparkling. Looking like they should be useful. But aren't.

Then we could grind them into powder. So they had some use. A beautiful gem, ground into powder. A pile of powder. Each time it happened, I wanted to cry.

So, now, we might ... maybe ... perhaps ... oh how I hope ... be able to slip those little beauties into some kind of contraption or other and our sims will actually be able to WEAR sparkly gems?? Transparent facets???

Can it be true??? Dare I hope???

And there is more to it? Maybe a whole store, set up to sell jewelry?

You know what I really want -- a tennis bracelet for my sims. A simple sparkly tennis bracelet that would go with anything, be understated and elegant and regal. A single strand of pearls, not quite a choker, but not long. Simple. Elegant. With a single strand bracelet to match. A filigree or engraved oval gold locket with tiny gems around the edge, on a short chain. Tasteful. A single strand gold and gem bracelet to match. Delicate and lovely. And more ring styles. Everything recolorable.

See. I knew this would happen. As soon as I write a reply, my imagination refuses to stay within bounds. Sigh.

I'd love a jewelry store and jewelry store register. I would hope sims could buy wedding rings for their fiancies there and they would look different from the one they put on now.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:

Most likely yes.

ty clp :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2014
    Maybe we could use the metals that are collected and smelted too? If they modeled one after the inventor's bench from Ambitions, you'd store your gems and metals in there to use for making jewelry. If they made it a skill a Sim could start just making simple bracelets, then graduate to necklaces, earrings and rings. Or they could just make it like the toy machine but add a place to insert the gem (cut or uncut) and choose the item you want and it'll pop out the other end.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Maybe we could use the metals that are collected and smelted too? If they modeled one after the inventor's bench from Ambitions, you'd store your gems and metals in there to use for making jewelry. If they made it a skill a Sim could start just making simple bracelets, then graduate to necklaces, earrings and rings. Or they could just make it like the toy machine but add a place to insert the gem (cut or uncut) and choose the item you want and it'll pop out the other end.

i like this idea of yours :)
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited January 2014
    If Jewelry-making is part of the future premium content, then perhaps we might get other surprises too judging by the tweet.

"Even if folks are focused on just one facet of awesomeness."

I'm just wondering what other features will be involved... Hmm

Edit: After more thought, what if it's not "ONE" Premium content object with multiple features, but a Venue with MULTIPLE premium content.

Speculation: Clothing and Jewelry Boutique Venue:

1. Jewelry Making PC with Selling Display Case like below:

jewellery-2.jpg

2. Classic "CAS" Display Cases with different variants that sells clothing to your sims:
    - Shirts Rack
    - Pants Rack
    - Full Outfit Display
    - Shoe Shelf

And if they go even further, a dressing room/stall to "Try Before You Buy" ^_^
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    sounds cool, azn. :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited January 2014
    Alright, 'abuzz', 'dazzling', 'facet' :?:

This sure sounds like we'll be makin' more than magic soon. :lol:
    I am completely convinced. Jewelry making it is. :D

I never even considered it as a possibility, (though I did wish I could have my sim wear jewels made of a rainbow gem I found, & my 1st pink diamond, too), but now that I'm hearing the sounds of it in these torturesome little hints, I like it more than I can even express. :-o :-o :-o :P :P

Irl, I luuuuv jewels :!: :D

I refuse to get extremely excited! :evil: I won't :!: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Okay fine, I am exteeeeemely excited :!: :D:mrgreen::D:mrgreen:

Okay, I'm calming down how. :P

Man I would love a jewelry boutique, I wonder what all it will be/contain when it's finally released :?: :?: :?: :)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    It would be fantastic to be able to make earrings, necklaces and bracelets for our sims to wear!! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    If Jewelry-making is part of the future premium content, then perhaps we might get other surprises too judging by the tweet.

Edit: After more thought, what if it's not "ONE" Premium content object with multiple features, but a Venue with MULTIPLE premium content.

jewellery-2.jpg

2. Classic "CAS" Display Cases with different variants that sells clothing to your sims:
    - Shirts Rack
    - Pants Rack
    - Full Outfit Display
    - Shoe Shelf

THIS!! I love this idea! I have been having so much fun building little shops since we got Midnight Hollow, but I'd love to see more features! I have been making clothes shops too, but they don't do an awful lot other than allow my Sim to purchase new clothes (with the help of a mod). I'd love an official way to do this! :D
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    when I think of dazzle I think of dancing and when I think of dancing I think of sequence dresses ...so my thoughts fall under dancing sparkling lights...bright lights.. figure skaters ...or the movie grease "LIGHTING" that era...photography studio..things of that nature...

and all of those things can have jewelry included as part of the outfits

ok ok ok I'm wrong like always :cry:

but it was fun to guess :lol:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    amjoie wrote:
    I'm still reeling from getting teen clothes (any kind of teen clothes) and new jewelry (recolorable), in the last set.

And now we have hints about more possible jewelry being part of a PC set coming out in a few weeks. I'm trying hard to keep my imagination within the bounds of reality, because I have been wanting to make jewelry out of gems for sooooo long.

I mean, those gems are sparkly and beautiful, but they ... sit on a counter or end table or something. Just sit there, sparkling. Looking like they should be useful. But aren't.

Then we could grind them into powder. So they had some use. A beautiful gem, ground into powder. A pile of powder. Each time it happened, I wanted to cry.

So, now, we might ... maybe ... perhaps ... oh how I hope ... be able to slip those little beauties into some kind of contraption or other and our sims will actually be able to WEAR sparkly gems?? Transparent facets???

Can it be true??? Dare I hope???

This! All of this!!! :D
    Weealbet wrote:
    AznSensei wrote:

jewellery-2.jpg

- Shirts Rack
    - Pants Rack
    - Full Outfit Display
    - Shoe Shelf

THIS!! I love this idea! I have been having so much fun building little shops since we got Midnight Hollow, but I'd love to see more features! I have been making clothes shops too, but they don't do an awful lot other than allow my Sim to purchase new clothes (with the help of a mod). I'd love an official way to do this! :D

All of this too!

*jumps up and down*

The PC has been getting so ambitious lately! It keeps blowing me away! And I thought jewellery-making by itself was a big ask... and now... :shock:

Squeep! What if we get a sewing machine too? :shock:
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited January 2014
    "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ of my thumbs" hmmm..I had just been thinking it referred to fingers using the jewel crafting tools...but now I'm revisiting sewing machine. Could that be the other facet? :) I know several of us used to ask for it :).

Something is telling me though that the other facet is using the metals as well.

You got great hints this time! :) Can't wait for our jewelry crafting table! :) LOL
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    honeyhoney8honeyhoney8 Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'd love some jewelry trees & cases as decor. Like boxes with glass tops (even better, all-glass boxes), where you can see jewels laying inside. :)

I think jewel-crafting PC would make a lot of sense in a game with sooooo many gems & other rocks. :)
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited January 2014
    OMG what if we get jewlery, a sewing machine and a runway! :shock: Now I know that might sound like a lot but if they rolled it all into one venue it would be EPIC :mrgreen: Now why can't they tell us more?! Or give us an idea what week it's coming at least!!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    OMG what if we get jewlery, a sewing machine and a runway! :shock: Now I know that might sound like a lot but if they rolled it all into one venue it would be EPIC :mrgreen: Now why can't they tell us more?! Or give us an idea what week it's coming at least!!

I didn't think of a runway. That would be an epic combination.

Is it the 16th yet?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ of my thumbs" hmmm..I had just been thinking it referred to fingers using the jewel crafting tools...but now I'm revisiting sewing machine. Could that be the other facet? :) I know several of us used to ask for it :).

Something is telling me though that the other facet is using the metals as well.

You got great hints this time! :) Can't wait for our jewelry crafting table! :) LOL

The '๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ of my thumbs' bit isn't a clue, it was just me being random. I removed it from the title because it's confusing people.

edit: removed image
    AznSensei wrote:

I didn't think of a runway. That would be an epic combination.

Is it the 16th yet?

Will it be on the 16th? I thought it'd be the 23rd? (But I always work it out wrong)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I gotta love 5 Thursday Months, you never know what will happen.

If it's not the 16th, most likely the 23rd.

Either way, the set after that will probably not be released on the 30th, and most likely on the 1st Thursday of February, which is the 6th.

BUT

Here's hoping we get:

Release on the 16th
    Release on the 30th
    Release on the 6th of February.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    So if we get a jewellery making machine , will our Sims be able to wear the jewellery we make?. And will we be able to sell it?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    So if we get a jewellery making machine , will our Sims be able to wear the jewellery we make?. And will we be able to sell it?

That's a good question I want to ask too.

I'm a bit worried that it might be one of those "inventory" items that aren't wearable and would only be for display.

I'm hoping our sims get to wear it, but hopefully the coding isn't too complex. (I feel like it would be).
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited January 2014
    AznSensei wrote:
    Karritz wrote:

That's a good question I want to ask too.

I'm a bit worried that it might be one of those "inventory" items that aren't wearable and would only be for display.

I'm hoping our sims get to wear it, but hopefully the coding isn't too complex. (I feel like it would be).

I also thought it might be to complex until I saw the Homecoming set. They made some individual pieces for it. They should be able to come up with a few basic designs that could be individualised by selecting different attributes. Like type of gem and type of metal.