Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dr. Pepper Items - A Plea to the Sim Gurus - 150+ signatures!

Comments

• Options
    Silence731Silence731 Posts: 305 Member
    edited October 2013
    well its good to see that people are still interested in this one, hopefully they listen to it and re-release the dr pepper set for those of us who don't drink dr pepper or who missed it

would also be nice if they released their tight fisted grip on the other items they have that were promotional :D
  • Options
    friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    edited October 2013
    totally signing

my sister wouldn't let me buy many sodas, i only managed to get the wonderland stuff
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited October 2013
    The only way this would happen would be if Dr. Pepper (or rather the company that owns Dr. Pepper) is willing to spend the marketing dollars to run this promotion again. You should make the request from Dr. Pepper as the simgurus probably do not handle marketing and have absolutely no power to do this.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited November 2013
    The only way this would happen would be if Dr. Pepper (or rather the company that owns Dr. Pepper) is willing to spend the marketing dollars to run this promotion again. You should make the request from Dr. Pepper as the simgurus probably do not handle marketing and have absolutely no power to do this.

I'd disagree with this mostly cause once one tweak a few pixels they'd be free game again. I have seen it before with other games with promotions when certain items are popular for a LE involving another company, they can have the same template recolor and use however they like cause it is in the end a sims product and digital. It is weird though in a game that allows recolouring but if no dr. Pepper logo any pixel tweaks then can reuse. It has been done before with other games and really I think ea would have been smart enough to have kept ownership of the digital product and let dr. Pepper borrow them for the promo, if anything I can imagine a term were they may lock in no other way to attain (but. Bet if it was a term it be around the time Sims 3 wraps up) but even then change a few pixes l re-package rename allow available , again ea owns the product at the end of the day.

Besides I doubt that method as you described would be allowed or done unless originally contracted to be repeated, and I think it be EA saying no to Dr. Pepper just as much Dr. Pepper say no to them it be new product new digital goods. Your described method I see less likely than then making it available through the store. Even if at the end of the day it is really doubtful all together.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2013
    I haven't read Hollowness's post yet but I will. I also disagree with the post she disagrees with. I've done some Googling and from what I've found out it seems to me that it was EA that wanted the items locked from Sims 3 players. Dr Pepper seems to have been giving out free codes in exchange for personal information until EA locked the Sims 3 items to stop people from getting them.

Then when you see what is in the Spyglass sets it seems obvious why they wound want to do that.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    Signed.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    mbrynildsenmbrynildsen Posts: 126 Member
    edited November 2013
    sign me up!
  • Options
    boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    edited November 2013
    :thumbup: Sign me up. I really, really want the "The time passé lounge".4a413cc4-304b-426d-bbdc-8832328a3784_zps98516b62.jpg
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2013
    add me to that list.

I got some of the items but not all of them and would love to get my hands on the rest some how even if they have to start putting codes back on dr pepper
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2013
    I would love these items i only have the car (didn't know it was anything to do with Dr Pepper though :lol: I hope it won't be just in the game as in to buy in the game as i have that feature turned off, but to have it on the store would be great :)
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    edited November 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    Then when you see what is in the Spyglass sets it seems obvious why they wound want to do that.
    Sfortunatelly those aren't so much complete and we need really Dr. Pepper items.
    I have those untouched Sims3Packs on my PC (from another sites), but I'm not using it in game, because it isn't in my PH.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    I've done some Googling and from what I've found out it seems to me that it was EA that wanted the items locked from Sims 3 players. Dr Pepper seems to have been giving out free codes in exchange for personal information until EA locked the Sims 3 items to stop people from getting them.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. What I don't understand is if EA locked that content, it would be (or should be) because they want to re-release it in the Store at some point.

I know that with the JCPenney content the same stuff is sold in the Store - it's just a different colour preset, and if you install both the JCPenney and the Store stuff they do show up as if they're different meshes, but they're not. It's a matter of tweaking the object code and attaching another colour preset.

I just hope that they come up with a Store set or even a Stuff Pack that has all the promo items ever made. I would pay for it. :)

• Options
    ArmorsuitPCP80RArmorsuitPCP80R Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2013
    boggie wrote:
    :thumbup: Sign me up. I really, really want the "The time passé lounge".4a413cc4-304b-426d-bbdc-8832328a3784_zps98516b62.jpg

I love that chair, was lucky enough to get it at the time, it looks fantastic!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited November 2013
    Sign me up! I will pay for the Alice ones, no problem!
  • Options
    DynchiaDynchia Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Sign us up please.

We really want some of he Dr Pepper & Alice stuff and a lot of he other stuff as well. We also want to get rest of the Renault Tizzy stuff. (Some of it can still be found here in the store as individual downloads.)

:mrgreen: Dyn & Lynn :twisted:
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    I haven't read Hollowness's post yet but I will. I also disagree with the post she disagrees with. I've done some Googling and from what I've found out it seems to me that it was EA that wanted the items locked from Sims 3 players. Dr Pepper seems to have been giving out free codes in exchange for personal information until EA locked the Sims 3 items to stop people from getting them.

I am not doubting you, just wondering why EA would not only agree to limited time only contracts but to actually prefer such a contract? They apparently had the same sort of deal with the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack, and now EA can no longer make a dime off that pack. Really bad business practice... makes no sense to me...

I'm also not understanding what you mean by your last sentence. Pretend I'm stupid and help me out here... :P
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

I am not doubting you, just wondering why EA would not only agree to limited time only contracts but to actually prefer such a contract? They apparently had the same sort of deal with the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack, and now EA can no longer make a dime off that pack. Really bad business practice... makes no sense to me...

I'm also not understanding what you mean by your last sentence. Pretend I'm stupid and help me out here... :P

The Dr Pepper items I am interested in are all based on Alice in Wolderland. The Through the Spyglass sets appear to be based on Through the Looking glass - the sequel to Alice in Wonderland.

Personally, I'd be delighted if they gave us more Spyglass sets. I just want the content. I don't care what it is called.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

The Dr Pepper items I am interested in are all based on Alice in Wolderland. The Through the Spyglass sets appear to be based on Through the Looking glass - the sequel to Alice in Wonderland.

Personally, I'd be delighted if they gave us more Spyglass sets. I just want the content. I don't care what it is called.

oh, so you're thinking that EA is assuming, that if we get a promotional set for free then we wouldn't pay for any more sets to round out the theme? I suppose that is true, for non-addicts. :lol: Addicts otoh, tend to never stop wanting stuff. So it would depend on what percentage of it's target market that EA considers to be non-addicts. I've always wondered that myself, frankly.

hmmm, they must assume that the majority of it's target market is non-addicts. Which makes sense, actually. X small percentage buys everything, while Z much larger percentage will pick and choose. In some ways they don't have to worry about their addicts, cos addicts will buy anything. But otoh, your core is always your... canary in the coal mine, sort of thing. Killing the canary is always a harbinger of what happens to everybody else just at a slower pace.

Anyway, the core is pretty desperate about getting more wonderland. You'd think they'd er, make more. Which is the sensible thing to do, but noooooooooo.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:

oh, so you're thinking that EA is assuming, that if we get a promotional set for free then we wouldn't pay for any more sets to round out the theme? I suppose that is true, for non-addicts. :lol: Addicts otoh, tend to never stop wanting stuff. So it would depend on what percentage of it's target market that EA considers to be non-addicts. I've always wondered that myself, frankly.

hmmm, they must assume that the majority of it's target market is non-addicts. Which makes sense, actually. X small percentage buys everything, while Z much larger percentage will pick and choose. In some ways they don't have to worry about their addicts, cos addicts will buy anything. But otoh, your core is always your... canary in the coal mine, sort of thing. Killing the canary is always a harbinger of what happens to everybody else just at a slower pace.

Anyway, the core is pretty desperate about getting more wonderland. You'd think they'd er, make more. Which is the sensible thing to do, but noooooooooo.

I'm simply trying to recognise the possibility that may be influencing their decision making.
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited January 2014
    SIGNED!

I actually own all of these items, still it would help me if more people had them because I build so much for other people (I'm on a request team) and I almost NEVER get to use all these great items since none of the requesters seem to own them.

ZooProfessor3
    oow785m
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited January 2014
    SIGNED.

• Options
    BrusterBrownBrusterBrown Posts: 101 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty new to the Sims3, so I missed out on all of those great items. Add my name to the list please! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mbrynildsenmbrynildsen Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2014
    I only had the chance to get a couple of items due to not knowing about the promo until it was almost over (due to comp problems at the time )and then I was having issues redeeming codes . I would LOVE the opportunity to complete the set !
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    edited January 2014
    Signed!!!
  • Options
    GrandmothergamerGrandmothergamer Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have some of these items, would love more.
    I didn't know they were Dr Pepper, we don't have it in my country.
    Those I have I got from the store, and would happily pay for these items.
    Sign me up.