Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disc Authentication Failure

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KeeLaurKeeLaur Posts: 13
    edited April 2013
    This is how I fixed that problem, now it works just as good as before

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/671744.page
  • Options
    courtneyyhcourtneyyh Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    I've tried opening the file straight out and it gets to the world screen and then comes up with the error again. I've just installed generations and the stuff packs running from a town life dvd.

Having the same problem right now. Ridiculous :(
  • Options
    basskittybasskitty Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I too am having this irritating problem. The difference is that I haven't installed anything recently and I've been playing the Sims 3 University Life for a while now fine with no problems. Now when I get to the screen when I have to select which family to play with it says that there is a authorisation failure and that I have to put the correct disk in but when i click the tick it closes the game completely. It's getting very frustrating and whatever I do I can't get the game running but I don't want to uninstall because I'll loose everything I've already done in the game. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    halloweenfan123halloweenfan123 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i just got the sims 3 showtime and every time i open the launcher and click the play button it keeps saying "disc authentication failed no disk found" i have tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it and it still didnt work. cant someone help me please?
    :(
  • Options
    LaurenCunnin601LaurenCunnin601 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Hi i bought island paradise when it came out and it worked fine up till now.. i press the play button on the game launcher and it comes "disc authentication failure" everytime. some people say if i keep trying to launch the game 4 or 5 times it will work and it still hasn't work and this is my like 40th time haha! i'm getting very agitated and impatient, nothing is working, i've cleaned the disc, i cant find how to launch the game with out opening the game launcher.. can someone please help me :(
  • Options
    Cat_girl_StaceyCat_girl_Stacey Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    My game was just doing it none of the other suggestions worked so I tried to put in my disk from the expansion I uploaded before my newest one and I can play my newly uploaded game now. This was so stressful I only started playing sims 3 on pc this year.
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited September 2013
    Since this thread is about Fast Lane, I don't have this problem. I have Movie Stuff so I hope it will work! :)
    Or try this: Go to Start Menu> (My) Computer> Program Files (x86)> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3> Game> Bin> TS3W.exe
    I hope this will work too! :-)
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    kirablantonkirablanton Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    RoxyRedCat wrote:
    I just bought the sims 3 generations, and it gave me the disc authentication failure and told me to insert the last expansion pack I had installed, which is the sims 3 pets. I followed this post and tried to open the game without the launcher, and it actually loaded the game but gave me the error. I'm losing hope now because I've tried everything. I also think my reciept was thrown away, so I may have wasted my money because I'm unable to play. I'm going to try and call technical support tomorrow, but there are no promises that they will be able to solve the issue.
    I have the same problem, how did u solve it?
  • Options
    Sim3dude432Sim3dude432 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    It never happened to me i do have a problem i want to play the sims 3 generations but when i hit the play button it says please insert the sims 3 70s 80s and 90s stuff disc in can someone help me
  • Options
    Sim3dude432Sim3dude432 Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    SAME AS ME I HAVE NO IDEA
  • Options
    hanmmchanmmc Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have tried to fix this problem for 2 full days, researching, trying suggestions from here. Nothing works. All I can do is the play the game without any expansion packs. We're using a PC with Windows 7. Would appreciate any other helpful suggestions, if anyone can think of anything else to try....
  • Options
    Ayshx3Ayshx3 Posts: 4
    edited January 2014
    ANYBODY HAVE ANY LOGIC IDEA OF HOW TO FIX THIS? :(
  • Options
    hanmmchanmmc Posts: 9 New Member
    Sort its a bit late for this but what worked for me (a year ago) is that I put in the latest ep installation disk into the computer. If you downloaded yours, I don't know how to fix it sorry.