Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disc Authentication Failure

Yesterday, I had The Sims 3, World Adventures, High-end Loft Stuff and Ambitions, completely patched and the game was running fine. Then this morning I loaded Fast Lane Stuff . . . needless to say I now have issues. I get the message, "Disc Authentication Failure. No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 game disc before proceeding." I do as instructed only to be given the same message again.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Comments

• Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited September 2010
    I used to have this happen every time I played. I found that cleaning the disk, turning off anti virus, seemed to help. Often if you keep trying to play the disk it will work on the third or fourth attempt. Since I installed Ambitions I have not had this problem and the only thing I can think that I did different was that I was connected to the internet when I installed it. I don't have Fast Lane at the moment.
  • MysticalMummaMysticalMumma Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2010
    This is what I don't understand. Everything worked fine before I installed Fast Lane and I have never had this Disc Authentication Failure before now and my system is the same as it always has been.

Thanks for the advice though. I will give it a whirl.
  • thegrumpthegrump Posts: 505 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Or you can try to launch the game without the launcher.

Apparently you have Fast Lane installed.

Go to and double-click:

(32-bit users)
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stiff\Game\Bin\TS3SP02.exe
    (64-bit users)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stiff\Game\Bin\TS3SP02.exe
  • saraelizmlgsaraelizmlg Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have the same problem and I'm using a mac. The game loads as far as my 'worlds' and then tells me disc authentication failure. It's really annoying!
    edited September 2010
    I just click the play button in the launcher and the message is displayed immediately but I am going to try launching it without using the launcher as thegrump so nicely suggested.
    edited September 2010
    So far so good. I have created a person and bought him a block in Twinbrook. I just started building and all seems fine at the moment.

Thanks so much thegrump!
  • bunny31bunny31 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited September 2010
    How do you start the game without the launcher on MAC?
  • Rosey662Rosey662 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hi Everybody,
    I originally had the sims 3, and the ambitions expansion installed and I had recently bought the generations expansion and the late night expansion. After installing generations I was had no trouble playing the game no errors appeared and I shut down my computer that night. I got the late night expansion the next day and came home to install it and had no trouble til I tried to run the game. I had the error screen pop up saying Disc Authentication Failure. It asked me to put in the Sims 3 original disc and I did so and it would not read it, it just kept saying Disc Authentication Failure. I have been a loyal sims fan for many years, ever since the original sims came out. So I was quite angry when I couldn't play, and I know many people have had this same issue. I have searched online for the last couple days, hoping to find a way to make everything work. I found different things saying to delete files and to uninstall and reinstall. The best advice I found was to not use the launcher. If you manually open it, the game will open and work. first go to your start menu and open my computer. C: drive > Program Files > Electronic Arts > TS3 > Game > Bin, then scroll down.. you can see ''Sims3Launcher''... Thats what keeps screwing up. There is also a file called ''TS3''. It's the game. click it and the game will open and allow you to play. Good luck everybody this should work, my game is running as I'm typing this. :D
  • Ghost_of_EnidGhost_of_Enid Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I've tried opening the file straight out and it gets to the world screen and then comes up with the error again. I've just installed generations and the stuff packs running from a town life dvd.
  • Valeria122314Valeria122314 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I really wish someone can help me. I just installed Late night and it doesn't work. when i try to open the launcher something pops out saying "unknown error occured" and the only option to click is "ok". So i thought ok, I'll get a new one .. BUT now my other expantion doesn't work either. I need help please. I have a mac book pro, if this is likely to happen on mac please tell me. Some of my friends tell me to uninstall the whole thing and start over but frankly I don't feel like losing all i have created :(
  • RoxyRedCatRoxyRedCat Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    I just bought the sims 3 generations, and it gave me the disc authentication failure and told me to insert the last expansion pack I had installed, which is the sims 3 pets. I followed this post and tried to open the game without the launcher, and it actually loaded the game but gave me the error. I'm losing hope now because I've tried everything. I also think my reciept was thrown away, so I may have wasted my money because I'm unable to play. I'm going to try and call technical support tomorrow, but there are no promises that they will be able to solve the issue.
  • MarybasqueMarybasque Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2012
    I just got a new Alienware lap top to play my Sims Windows 7. Installed all my Sims3 games but when I try to run the games it says there is no disk please insert disk? Or it says it's not compatible with my current game? I've tried inserting every disk I have and can not get Sims3 to work. Then I installed Sims2 which works perfectly I have no problems. Does anyone know why this is happening and why My Sims won't work? ( Error ! Your The Sims 3 base game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack . Please update your game via the game launcher. ) Then I go to update and it says my game is up to date Version 7.3.2.011031 Then when I click Play again I get ( Error ! Disc Authentication Failure! No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 game disc before proceeding.) I take the disk out of my new lap top put it in my old PC and it works!??? So why won't this work correctly on my new Alienware Laptop? No mods are installed before anyone asks this comp is fresh out of the box M14 Alienware. The Sims3 installed fine it was able to read the disk while installing. I have not installed anti virus yet so that can't be the problem and the disk has been cleaned and was clean enough to install and run on my old PC. Games Installed are The Sims 3, The Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack, The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack, The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack And The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff.
  • SummerHunnySummerHunny Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Marybasque;
    To fix your game you simply need to uninstall all of your sims3 games and packs then you reinstall the sims 3 and update the game ! Afterwards you reinstall all other stuff packs ect. Good Luck ! :-)
  • babyt616babyt616 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    This is very aggravating, I am a loyal Sims fan since day one and I have never had a problem all of a sudden when I play the new expansion packs for the sims 3 I get this disc authentication failure. I just want to play sims. I am past the 90 day warranty period and I have called technical support numerous time and have been placed on hold and I keep getting hanged up on. I am extremely fustrated. I am using an IMAC, Please someone help me how do I fix this before I get fed up and start playing Diablo or boycott all sims game products.
  • simple309simple309 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    :evil: I Have The Same Problem.....Except I Have No Expansion Packs!!! But I Have Sims 3 Showtime Coming In The Mail About A Week From Now. But That Is Not Relevant.
    So This Morning I Put My Sims 3 Disc In My Computer, And I Open Up The Launcher And It Says Disc Authentication Failure Please Insert Your Sims 3 Game Disc. Or Something Like That...And The Disc Is ALREDY IN THERE! -___- I Just Want To Play Sims 3 Because I Just Bought Lucky Palms And Now I cant Play It! :( Please Help!
  • DestinyDunscheeDestinyDunschee Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2012
    The same thing happened to me and i went to the ts3 an it came up in the front menu select a town :(help?
  • tappsmictappsmic Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I bought the sims 3 on a disc and then bought world adventures on origin and I keep getting the disc authentication failure plz help
  • SakuyaLuigiSakuyaLuigi Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    simple309 wrote:
    :evil: I Have The Same Problem.....Except I Have No Expansion Packs!!! But I Have Sims 3 Showtime Coming In The Mail About A Week From Now. But That Is Not Relevant.
    So This Morning I Put My Sims 3 Disc In My Computer, And I Open Up The Launcher And It Says Disc Authentication Failure Please Insert Your Sims 3 Game Disc. Or Something Like That...And The Disc Is ALREDY IN THERE! -___- I Just Want To Play Sims 3 Because I Just Bought Lucky Palms And Now I cant Play It! :( Please Help!
    I'm having the same problem, and it's very frustrating. No expansion, it worked the last time I played, and I'm going to cry.
    D;
  • Omgpop12345Omgpop12345 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Ive been playing sims since the 1st one, and the other day i bought the Sims 3 for the 2ND time , this time on origin, it was all going perfectly until i loaded it, installed 5 updates then because origin allows you to play EA f=games without the disc's , which is why i bought it on the official EA site, when i load the Launcher the DISC AUTHENTICATION FAILURE box comes up, whats that about, since i bought it without needing a disc , please help
  • samisims101samisims101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I have this problem with my generetions.I was working fine until one day I wanted to play it when it gave my the disc faliure messege.We and my older sister tried to open it manualy but when we get to regular menu it gives us the messege agian.I wanted Supernatural so bad for my birthday but my sister said I couldn't get it because It still might not work on her laptop.I was introduced to the sims when I was 4 years old and I hate to put up with it.PLEASE HELP ME!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MILAJ87MILAJ87 Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    I have the same problem. :(:(:(
    Has anyone resolved the problem? Pls post it. Thanks
  • AlesanaRocksAlesanaRocks Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    my problem is that i bought late night then later on a couple days later i wanted to play the base game so i popped in the disc and it would say: "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3tm Late Night game disc before proceeding." it's very annoying
  • brittanyh91brittanyh91 Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    My Sims 3 disc is broken, so I redeemed my code through "Origin" and now when I go into "My Games" on Origin, my Sims 3 appears, I click play, it beings to launch and it says "Disc Authenication Failure". However, I do not have the disc now. I was told I could play my Sims 3 by following the steps I took (reedeeming the code and game) ... What am I doing wrong?
  • MandaK370MandaK370 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    if you install it with the disc you won't be able to play it without it. make sure to uninstall it then download it and then you should be able to play it
  • alythatgirlalythatgirl Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same disc authentication thing I just deleted everything and now I'm installing just the sims 3 I'm honestly scared to install any other expansion pack and I own 4 expansions:(
    I think that it has to do with using a Mac I had all of these games installed on my other HP laptop and I never ever had an issue like this I really wonder if it is just the MacBook that cannot withstand the sims software or something :/
    I don't know what to do other then this and get a new laptop.