Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about the corn?

I know we are all looking forward to the new world next week, but what about corn? No one else mentioned it. Will the new venue that will come with Roaring Heights will have some premium content that will end the mystery about the corn? I find it hard since the coaster must be taking a lot of attention from the staff. :?:

Comments

• Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Corn? Forget about it! We were just hoping it was'nt broken and that buyin another item would initialize it. I think its just plain broke. Perhaps they will fix it with a patch. Tho hope springs eternal for a still or a corn field monster or a corngnome ect.
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2013
    What a shame. would be really cool if we had corn on the game. Incidentally I found a mod that adds strawberry. Can grow and create pie and nectar to him. Works like any other plant of the game. See a screenshot.

Screenshot_zps4332965d.jpg
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    What a shame. would be really cool if we had corn on the game. Incidentally I found a mod that adds strawberry. Can grow and create pie and nectar to him. Works like any other plant of the game. See a screenshot.

:shock: Strawberries! May I ask where you found this mod?? I would like to have it in my game! :mrgreen:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Nice plant with correct foliage. I am afraid of mod CC items. Interestingly tho I find the game unplayable without mods.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    Found it here at Mod the Sims in case anyone else is interested.

http://modthesims.info/d/516243

NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,867 Member
    edited December 2013
    If I don't get this corn at some point I'm going to be very grumpy. :lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think the corn that came with the tractor set is broken and their not saving for a world or any other set. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think the corn that came with the tractor set is broken and their not saving for a world or any other set. I could be wrong though.
    If this is true will be a great disapointment ever.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    edited December 2013

Not necessarly because if true the upcoming store patch could fix this issue asap.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Not necessarly because if true the upcoming store patch could fix this issue asap.
    Good to know. Hope so.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2013
    Did anyone ever even confirm that the corn was actually meant to be released yet? I got the impression from things that were said around the time, that it was more of an Easter egg. Like the fashion runway looking thing in Midnight Hollow.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would like to know the answer to that too. I feel as though we've all been distracted by the next shiny store item, and have forgotten about the old shiny store item. Well played EA, well played :lol: I'm still hoping it's truly an Easter egg of what's to come, but I won't hold my breath.

Totally off topic, but jean, your avi totally reminds me of Nick Stokes from CSI Vegas...any chance you would upload him? He's hot, even as a sim, and would make pretty sim babies:oops:
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited December 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

tyvm ^-^ for the link
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited December 2013
    Did anyone ever even confirm that the corn was actually meant to be released yet? I got the impression from things that were said around the time, that it was more of an Easter egg. Like the fashion runway looking thing in Midnight Hollow.

I don't think they did. Alan Copeland said on Twitter that there was ONE new harvestable coming with the venue, which was publicly known to be the Orange Tree. At no point was it officially announced that we were getting corn with that venue.

My guess is that it will be properly enabled in the future at some point with the purchase of another set (popcorn machine maybe?).
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited December 2013
    Corn!? What use would we have with that!? Unles they made a bakery venue, where you could bake bread, and cakes and stuff.... :shock: Ooh what a cool idea!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited December 2013
    Where is my corn? A tractor but Noooooo corn!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:
    I would like to know the answer to that too. I feel as though we've all been distracted by the next shiny store item, and have forgotten about the old shiny store item. Well played EA, well played :lol: I'm still hoping it's truly an Easter egg of what's to come, but I won't hold my breath.

Totally off topic, but jean, your avi totally reminds me of Nick Stokes from CSI Vegas...any chance you would upload him? He's hot, even as a sim, and would make pretty sim babies:oops:
    Sure i´m go upload him. And tanks, I like him too.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited December 2013
    ^^ Yay, thank you for the link! I recommended, and will download when I get home today. Thanks :mrgreen:
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited December 2013

Finally! :) I hope this modder fills in a lot of missing produce for us!

:)-peace
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited December 2013
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Thank you so much for the link :mrgreen:
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2013
    DCExplorer wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to know as well. Such a great looking plant, hope they make this work. I haven't bought the venue yet, but I do want it, especially if it has corn.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    indyChick wrote:

Finally! :) I hope this modder fills in a lot of missing produce for us!

:)-peace

This mod its great. As I sad works nice!!! I recomend.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just to put my two cents out there in the virtual void... :)

SimGuruCopeland said the corn was an Easter egg. So, I fully expect that sometime in the future, the corn will become enabled, either via a Store patch, or through another venue/set that will fully unlock it in our games.

I don't think that the corn issue is a dead deal. Too many of us want it!

(And want berries, too!). :)

Finally, I don't think the Store would go through the hassle of creating it in the first place if it wasn't going to be unlocked at sometime in the future. Why put so much effort into it if it won't eventually work and be sold? We also know through modders that they created the cornstalk to go with it, so I truly think it is an Easter egg waiting to happen.

Happy Simming! :)