Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about the corn?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just to put my two cents out there in the virtual void... :)

SimGuruCopeland said the corn was an Easter egg. So, I fully expect that sometime in the future, the corn will become enabled, either via a Store patch, or through another venue/set that will fully unlock it in our games.

I don't think that the corn issue is a dead deal. Too many of us want it!

(And want berries, too!). :)

Finally, I don't think the Store would go through the hassle of creating it in the first place if it wasn't going to be unlocked at sometime in the future. Why put so much effort into it if it won't eventually work and be sold? We also know through modders that they created the cornstalk to go with it, so I truly think it is an Easter egg waiting to happen.

Happy Simming! :)

I agree totally :wink:
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited December 2013
    Sadly the corn was never meant to be. :( Mehhh to many carbs in corn and at the moment I have my Sims on a low carb diet! :lol:
  • Options
    CountessCrazyCountessCrazy Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'll buy the venue when the corn grows.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm still hoping that there will be a popcorn machine at some point... (And preferably popcorn they do not eat with a fork!)
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited December 2013
    KarinL wrote:
    I'm still hoping that there will be a popcorn machine at some point... (And preferably popcorn they do not eat with a fork!)

THIS. :lol:

There's tons of things we could do with corn.

First off:
    -Corn on the cob is delicious
    -We could have any number of corn/rice dishes.
    -There's also the godsend that is cornbread. Hopefully we can bake some.
    -Popcorn machines
    -Sims could also make Kettlecorn/stovetop corn
    -Sims could pop corn on the firepit--it's more fitting than all the big ole pumpkins and crocodiles they're grilling away all the time. :shock: :lol:

Secondly:
    I've been dying to have some Native American gameplay for 4 years already. BRING ON THE MAIZE! ^0^

tumblr_l7vtz42reu1qas6gr_zpsbc01e3c1.png"width=640"

Oh god yes; Chief Powhatan was so fine. :mrgreen: I'd love more Native CC.
    Have YOU ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon, EA? :hunf:

And most importantly:
    You can't have Aliens without corn fields -- where else are they gonna make their crop circles, I ask you! :shock:

Crop_circles_Swirl_zps197394e3.jpg

Do you REALLY want another golden opportunity to make Plumbbobs-in-the-fields crop circles slip through your fingers AGAIN, EA? Do you REALLY wanna be answerable to the little green men in the tall green growths?

Grey_Alien_in_the_Cornfield_by_andy_pants_zps63b529d3.jpg"width=640"

Cuz they are NOT to be effed with!! :shock:

And also, if any of your trifling sims get on your nerves, you can just wish them into a cornfield!

Wish-You-Into-a-Cornfield-600_zps629d5902.jpg

:P :lol: :P :lol:
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Behold! I resurrect an ancient corn thread! CORN BUMP! Must we chant for our corn? "Corn stalks! United! We'll never be Deseeded!"
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited December 2013
    i want corn! :-)
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited December 2013
    I would be very pleased with having a popcorn machine that utilizes the legendary corn. :)
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited December 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    Corn!? What use would we have with that!? Unles they made a bakery venue, where you could bake bread, and cakes and stuff.... :shock: Ooh what a cool idea!

What to do with it? Popcorn with a popcorn popper and adding different toppings: caramel corn, Cajun spiced corn, and others flavors to infinity.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I think a popcorn popper should stand alone without needing corn to put in it. I would hate to have to take corn to the fair to pop it in a popperwagon, but if you have an ear of corn on your sim it should be able to roast or pop it on a fire or stove. Corn bump. Cornbiyah my Corn. Cornbiyah.
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited December 2013
    I think a popcorn popper should stand alone without needing corn to put in it. I would hate to have to take corn to the fair to pop it in a popperwagon, but if you have an ear of corn on your sim it should be able to roast or pop it on a fire or stove. Corn bump. Cornbiyah my Corn. Cornbiyah.

I agree!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok! One more shot at the title. I was watching Public TV on the weekend and saw a classic special on Kwanzaa from 1994. Anyway Kwanzaa has an altar that has: (1) a Mkela, a straw mat. (2) a Kinara, candle holder (3) a Kikombe, Unity cup, a chalice/goblet like cup. (4)Vibunzi, Muhindi (Plural), Ears of CORN one for each child present if no children still some to represent community children. Other items are(5) Mazao, fruits nuts and vegetables. (6)Zawadi, Gifts, fruits of labor hand made preferbly. You also need candles, Mishumaa Saba. Saba is 7, Saba Ju is 7up. Speaking of that you also need (7) Tambico, libation for the cup. Sooooo You need CORN, Muhindi to properly commemorate KWANZAA. While I'm at it there are no decent Kicombe like cups in the game. You would end up using pro bar drinks with swizzle sticks. Muhindi!
    Post edited by Unknown User on