Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Bought A House! – [CLOSED!] All gifts gifted!

Comments

• Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    Creators Name: AmbaAesthetic
    Creation Title: Dora Shalley
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7795155
    Description: A pretty little house with a gorgeous backyard which includes a pond, outdoor kitchen and dog area. There is also a little swing, adults can have fun too ;)
    Pictures:

2a8nu35.jpg2u6jjtk.jpgt6drbs.jpg

More pics here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/710028.page#11521062
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2013
    okok! no more spider talk! lol!

and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY another entry!!!

more on this later! gotta run take care of something!!!
  • Options
    cassandrastryffecassandrastryffe Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2013
    okok! no more spider talk! lol!

and YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY another entry!!!

more on this later! gotta run take care of something!!!

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou! *shudder* I HATE spiders. Anything with more than 4 legs really REALLY freaks me out.

and AmbaAesthetic...I like it! And it's Waaaayyyyy better than mine! :lol:
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
  • Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited December 2013
    Entry Form:

Creators Name:HollyhocksFluff
    Creation Title:Holly House
    Exchange Link: Click meeee
    Description: A woodsy home, with yard for entertaining! Holly House offers a fully fenced yard in anticipation of a canine pal, with the front being half-height for passers by to admire the landscaping and garden. Around the back of the home, the fence switches to full-height privacy, for when you have your friends over and don't need the whole neighborhood involved at the party. Entertaining area includes picnic table, outdoor grill, and wet bar. In the back yard, landscaping has improved the space immensely! We've laid mulch around all trees, to help keep them watered and weedless. Clearing trees has left you with plenty of wood for bonfires for years to come. Hydrangeas line the fence line in the front, adding nice curb appeal. The garden offers a little bit of everything, some flowers for color, fresh fruits and vegetables for your kitchen, and assorted herbs to spice up meals. A small shed is right now being used for extra storage. Moving is always a messy business, and somehow that antler trophy and workshop tools needed a place to stay. After you're settled, the area may become more organized, but right now it's packed with all the things that didn't find a home inside.

Inside the home, you walk into the living/dining area. Plenty of seating if you have guests over, or you can always store some of the chairs away in the shed later on. Also included in the living area is a comfortable chair and a birch-bark bookshelf. This is where you will find your pet's food bowl. The fireplace has been fully upgraded, so none of the decor will catch on fire while you're busy making dinner. A dog leash has been laid on the mantlepiece again suggests the addition of another furry friend. Speaking of dinner, let's peek into the open kitchen. We've moved the old counters and cabinets out, and brought in new ones with natural stone counter tops. All appliances in the kitchen have been upgraded. Your stove will improve your meal quality, dishwasher will run silently, trash compactor crush better, and your sink will never break! The wood in the home (floors, baseboards, steps, etc) all match for a consistent look throughout. Walk down the hall and immediately on your right is a small room for your self-cleaning litter box. A little further and you've reached the laundry room with improved cleaning system to keep your clothes feeling and smelling fresher for longer! Small decor items in the laundry room include the embroidered wall hanging Grandma hand stitched and a dog calendar. It's like someone needs to take the hint already! open the door at the end of the hall and enter into a beautiful bathroom with shower/tub, flush-through toilet, sink which are all unbreakable. Beautiful pebble-mirror combines functionality with aesthetic beauty. Also in the bathroom are small artwork, matching towel set, and a shelf to store your bathroom accoutrements. Step back into the hallway and through the other door and enter the master bedroom. Smartly decorated with wall decals, beautiful tree wall light, your antique sail boat, and fresh flowers from the garden atop the dresser. Again, wood continues to match the rest of the home. This room also has space for your fur-baby! A fish shaped hidey-sack, a cat tree, and a wall toy provide plenty of things for your feline to keep busy with, and an area for sleeping.

Upstairs is a nice entertainment retreat. Immediately at the top of the stairs is a stocked fish-tank, which will mesmerize your feline. There is also a toy box for kitty upstairs. A standard chess-table with chairs will provide hours of entertainment and frustration. For more passive entertainment, a large TV set with a gaming console is in the corner. A computer work-station is in anther corner of the room, where you can keep an eye on your favorite TV shows. A small digital picture frame will remind you of your family's special memories. Also upstairs is a massage table. While it may be relegated to the curb later, right now you could sure stand to relax after that big move!

Pictures:
    Screenshot-296.jpg

And moar here

Well! That's it! My very first build/redecorate. I had made one before, but it was lost in the fathoms of my hard drive. I haven't looked at the other entries yet, because I wanted to just have my own ideas, not influenced by what had already been created. I apologize if the questions I asked had already been asked.. but I didn't want to go picking too far into the thread in case I saw any picture-spoilers! So, I hope you enjoy it. Thank you!
    *edited for links and spelling!

*updated link for house that should work... no more massage table, but from the pics you should be able to figure out where it goes, should you choose to put it back! I for one would... you deserve a massage after all your house work and contest judging!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    edited November 2013
    Your homes are great HollyhocksFluff :) and AmbaAesthetic :) I have posted about them on your threads in Creative Corner. Great furnishing and landscaping of them!
  • Options
    KayzeegrlKayzeegrl Posts: 921 Member
    edited November 2013
    AmbaAesthetic I love all the cobblestone paths in the yard with the bushes around it. I like the layout of the yard a lot : ]
  • Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited November 2013

Entry Form:

Creators Name: wildtessa

Creation Title: Simple Living

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7796419

Description: Wether you like to spend your days outdoors in the sun or inside gaming with family this simply decorated home is made for comfort. A green natural backyard so you have room to play a starter garden filled with onions tomatoes and potatoes and a small fenced in run area for a loving pooch surround a small fire pit. I left four of the original trees to give shade over the pampered pooch and the firepit and simply planted some flowers along their trunks! Please enjoy this wonderfully simple home I know I do. Happy Simming WildTessa

Pictures:

Screenshot_zps09301bc4.jpg

Screenshot-3_zps5075d222.jpg

Screenshot-5_zps77ca7142.jpg

Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    wildtessawildtessa Posts: 953 Member
    edited November 2013
    I know mine is almost painfully simple compared to the other amazing entries but I love simplicity when it comes to yards ^^' regardless I hope you like it! Thanks for hosting!
    Download, save, comment, favorite my new S4 creations! TessaMichele
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    huzzah for another entry!! I like Simple. :D

only what...18 days until close! lol! must be killing you guys just a little bit not to hear feedback on your houses from me. Well, I know it's killing me not to say anything about the builds...oh the torture!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    edited November 2013
    Simple Living is a nice home wildtessa :) Great vegie patch. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting the tomato, onion and potato plants to cook up in meals in the kitchen. It look nice how you have placed the flowers around the trunks of the trees and have the flowers and rocks in the corner area of the backyard. Sims will enjoy sitting on the seats around the firepit chatting and toasting marshmallows. Nice front porch area to enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating at the table outdoors. Great loft area. Nice comfortable seats that you have placed there for sims to relaxing and watch the tv or read a book from the bookcase. The plant tables in the corners of the room look great. Great place to do some studying at the desk on the computer with a pet cat nearby.
    It is a nice home!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    18 days! ACK. Thats also the last day of my internship, which means final exams are right about the corner... At least there will be good news thrown in there with comments!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    more nice entries...

though I wonder why so many cute down the wonderful old trees...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm wondering why the poor dog only gets a small corner of the yard! Fence in the garden not the dog house. Freeeeedom!!
  • Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited November 2013
    Still putting the finishing touches on my remodel. Being sick this week has slowed the process down, but I hope to get it uploaded before the end of the weekend! :mrgreen:

P.S The entries so far look great! (and a bit intimidating) :wink:
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited November 2013
    Kayzeegrl wrote:
    AmbaAesthetic I love all the cobblestone paths in the yard with the bushes around it. I like the layout of the yard a lot : ]

Thankyou :D
    I'm not very good at landscaping lol but I tried :)
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    Kayzeegrl wrote:
    I'm wondering why the poor dog only gets a small corner of the yard! Fence in the garden not the dog house. Freeeeedom!!

that to

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsqqghp7IiOOusQxX-IOyw1Wq56_8zoc0OIR6hX6pxtnybDoID9w

woof
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited November 2013
    Looks like fun! I haven't remodeled anything in a while, I'll give it a shot :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    teeheheeheee. I'm finally on the mend from being sick. Seems like it's been taking me a month to get over this flu. It's like it kept threatening and then when it came it decided it wasn't going to leave. thank goodness for prescription meds.

I'm so excited to see more people enter. and love the debate about the yard. lol. the dog should get the whole yard! no, only a portion of it! who wants to clean up **** everywhere? lol!

Huzzah!!

Today is another busy day despite being a weekend when I'm supposed to be *free* from things. I am going to go meet my favorite living Author, Peter S Beagle. And see my favorite movie - The Last Unicorn - fully remastered on the big screen for the first time...ever. that I remember. It came out in 1982!

I'm so excited!!!
  • Options
    Gesshoku_samaGesshoku_sama Posts: 254
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if it's my computer or something, but I can't download the lot. I tried the other day and again today but it won't come up. I downloaded some stuff from the store today so I know it's working, but it will not add the lot to the launcher. maybe I need to update something, so I'll try again later. but if I can't get it to work, I won't be able to enter. :(
  • Options
    missroxormissroxor Posts: 392 Member
    edited November 2013
    who wants to clean up **** everywhere? lol!

Those were my thoughts exactly! :lol: I especially wouldn't want them ******* or digging on the harvestable patch XD I'll make sure to leave a couple of trees in their little area though so he (if you get a male) has something to **** it's leg against :lol: Just out of curiosity, nothing to do with the contest: does having animals kept outside not attract bears and stuff? D: I've never lived somewhere that has big predators like that roaming around so I have no idea :/

ETA:

Dear EA, you seriously need to let up on the censorship! Dogs c ock their legs against trees. Dictionary definition: "to tilt or turn up or to one side, usually in a jaunty or alert manner". Also, my 3 year old uses the word p oop when he's talking about potty business... Are you seriously telling me a 13 year old can't handle that word?! *goes off grumbling about EA's nanny state* :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rofl at the censored words!
  • Options
    cassandrastryffecassandrastryffe Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2013
    missroxor wrote:
    who wants to clean up **** everywhere? lol!

Those were my thoughts exactly! :lol: I especially wouldn't want them ******* or digging on the harvestable patch XD I'll make sure to leave a couple of trees in their little area though so he (if you get a male) has something to **** it's leg against :lol: Just out of curiosity, nothing to do with the contest: does having animals kept outside not attract bears and stuff? D: I've never lived somewhere that has big predators like that roaming around so I have no idea :/

ETA:

Dear EA, you seriously need to let up on the censorship! Dogs c ock their legs against trees. Dictionary definition: "to tilt or turn up or to one side, usually in a jaunty or alert manner". Also, my 3 year old uses the word p oop when he's talking about potty business... Are you seriously telling me a 13 year old can't handle that word?! *goes off grumbling about EA's nanny state* :lol:

*dies laughing*
    FREE lvl 65 Star Wars The old Republic Character and a huge bundle of free stuff! http://www.swtor.com/r/fYdvmz
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if it's my computer or something, but I can't download the lot. I tried the other day and again today but it won't come up. I downloaded some stuff from the store today so I know it's working, but it will not add the lot to the launcher. maybe I need to update something, so I'll try again later. but if I can't get it to work, I won't be able to enter. :(

oh my! woulds it help if I emailed you the file?
  • Options
    edited November 2013

oh my! woulds it help if I emailed you the file?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hahahaha. I see censored words! You must all be saying awfully naughty things. ; )

And how exciting, Smash!!! My life now seems lame and boring. Have a great weekend! I'd be happy to work for that.