Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too bad you can't fall in love with Emit!

Comments

• Options
    pandaprincess89pandaprincess89 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2013
    First off, hello fellow Whovians! :D

Secondly, I was bummed about this, too. I became friends with him quickly and wanted to marry him, but that didn't work out. I might try the suggested solutions, though!
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    I tried with Master Controller and you can indeed make Emit your husband, fiance and/or whatever. HOWEVER, I could not get any romantic interaction with him other than to take a romantic photo with him.

Maybe that way is too quick as I've read other sites saying you can marry him without cheats. But I suppose you'd have to go a long way toward interacting with him. Someone needs to make the needs of a Sim static and then just keep trying.

What about Pollinate its in the options somewhere?
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited October 2013
    Xoxk9 wrote:
    So glad to know I'm not the only one! 8)
    Can I clone him? :(
    tilia2 wrote:
    I solved this problem with a nice bottle of clone drone.

Awesome. I'll take it. Reminds me of the whole Rose situation though but that's spoilers for anyone who wants to check out Doctor Who :twisted: . Hahaha. Hilarious.

Yes, love that episode!

Ok, so has anyone tried putting a copy of Emit in the bin & then adding him to your game? I'm just curious to know if that angle worked. :)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Elena_NoelElena_Noel Posts: 16
    edited October 2013
    Kovee wrote:
    Chimark wrote:
    I tried with Master Controller and you can indeed make Emit your husband, fiance and/or whatever. HOWEVER, I could not get any romantic interaction with him other than to take a romantic photo with him.

Maybe that way is too quick as I've read other sites saying you can marry him without cheats. But I suppose you'd have to go a long way toward interacting with him. Someone needs to make the needs of a Sim static and then just keep trying.

What about Pollinate its in the options somewhere?

Okay, cool. So you used Master Controller for the marriage. For romantic interactions you need Wo*ho***. Incidentally, I have a sim pregnant by Emit! :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gayars wrote:
    Elena just so you know, that particular mod isn't supposed to be named on the forums I don' believe. Just telling you so you don't get in trouble :)

Wait, its not supposed to?! I already posted 3 times about it! Sorry. I won't again. :( Do I need to delete my previous posts or something? Only I don't know how...
  • Options
    alanna_zelenalanna_zelen Posts: 99 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Bah, Elena just use edit (delete is kept as mod only to prevent loss of context). Most forums don't keep a backup of posts prior to edit, and with the size of this one they can't afford to (they don't even do a flush of non-archivial topics to save space). Just say 'the WhoHo' mod in future and I think we'll all know what you mean XD You'll be fine if you cut stuff back to 'get manure under the radar' levels.

Add on top of that the sheer quantity of posts... there isn't going to be enough mods on at any given time to read each one, let alone the co-ordination needed to prevent doubling up. Been there done that XD

Thanks reguardless, the info you could share was rather handy.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    For the sake of following forum rules, I've edited all comments by me about a certain mod. Of course, if you really want to find that mod, I'm sure you will. :wink:

(Whoho sounded a little silly to me, instead I went with a censored Wo*ho***) :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Anyways! I think I know why you can't have kids with Emit or even be romantic without cheating. Emit has a special occult trait. Its called Time Traveler, though why it counts as an occult is beyond me. I guess no Emit babies means no other Time Traveler occults. That's one theory anyways. I wonder if the baby will have that trait???
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if my alien Sim could take a DNA sample and clone him that way? :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited October 2013
    tilia2 wrote:
    I solved this problem with a nice bottle of clone drone.
    Since I had hopped to marry him into the family at some point I will have to do this as well. Sucks that you can't marry the real thing.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    Elena_Noel wrote:
    For the sake of following forum rules, I've edited all comments by me about a certain mod. Of course, if you really want to find that mod, I'm sure you will. :wink:

(Whoho sounded a little silly to me, instead I went with a censored Wo*ho***) :lol:

good thing you edited that out...

yes people will know it if they go looking, but you can get in big truble for naming mods that alter the rating... or linking to pages that contiain cc/mods that alter the rating.... in other words don't link to that mod site
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited October 2013
    Clone Drone didn't work for me. For whatever reason I can't throw any potions at Emit.

Did anyone successfully get Clone Drone to work? Pics would be awesome!
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited October 2013
    Can you clone him using his DNA with the UNI science station thingamajig?
  • Options
    StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    edited October 2013
    Elmawa wrote:
    Can you clone him using his DNA with the UNI science station thingamajig?

yes you can, I just did that :lol:

Took me a while to give his hair and clothes the same color but I have a clone of Emit in my game :mrgreen:

which one is the clone and which one is the real deal 8)
    emit_zps8f120058.png

EDIT:

Well... my sim can't do anything romantic with the Emit Clone :evil:

But they do have a daughter together :twisted:

Went to the future selected Emit 2.0 and send him to the hospital to make a baby with my female sim. (female sim could not select Emit 2.0 to make a baby, but Emit 2.0 could select my female sim)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks tilia2,

I forgot about the clone bottle, I have already taken a DNA sample from Emit but have yet to try it due to concentrating on building up other skills, I will come back and let you know if it works :D

oops just saw your great cloning work Starrats, good to know it works fab job looks like we all love Emit :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Success! I have Emit TWINS! I only wanted one so I was really surpised, and I got both a boy AND a girl. Woohoo!
    They were born on a Friday (in game) at 8:30AM (game time) in Autumn, two days before Winter (game seasons).

Interesting fact, the twins are both Sagittarius which isn't surprising since I have a mod so all twins and triplets have the same zodiac. What is surprising is their very similar favorites. The boy's favorites are Blue, Digitunes, and Aloo Masala Curry. The girls favorites are Aqua, Digitunes, and Aloo Masala Curry. Not sure if I like her favorite color, but since the game seems to randomly assign favorites, this is pretty rare. I'm SO lucky!
  • Options
    thiswebsitesuxthiswebsitesux Posts: 208 Member
    edited October 2013
    To have his babies you could probably use the new Grim Reaper door. :-)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited October 2013
    interesting topic. I like Emit too. :P
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Elena_Noel, be careful using the 'W' mod from Nraas! It hasn't been updated yet! Neither has Story Progression. SP seems to mostly work okay, but I have had some borked Plumbots because of it. :)
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited October 2013
    My faerie sim just had a baby emit. I will keep you posted. Also weird thing happened when she was prego my screen all of a sudden started loading future without me touching portal but when it loaded a random townie had gone to the future not my sim. Then when I had him go back to present my pregnant sim was only one in house yet my time thing list the other guy as part of my family and he does not know my sim at all.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm dying to see what's behind those glasses.
    There must be a way to get fully function Emit :wink:
    Hopefully someone will figure it out. My Sim is crushing on the Time Traveler :)
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Trish1966 wrote:
    @Elena_Noel, be careful using the 'W' mod from Nraas! It hasn't been updated yet! Neither has Story Progression. SP seems to mostly work okay, but I have had some borked Plumbots because of it. :)

Yeah, I noticed. I've been checking for the updates everyday. Everything else seems up to date, but those two. Which is weird since those are usually some of the first Nraas mods to be updated. But I'm being cheerfully patient, since I love their mods. ^_^
  • Options
    kitty4118812kitty4118812 Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2013
    If you use TestingCheatsEnabled True than click, right click Emit and then click, Edit Sim in CAS, you can change his life-state to human. If I'm correct this MIGHT work. You might have to save him to CAS then try making a couple copies of human version and maybe even change hair color or something around(Of course keep track of normal hair color to change back when to normal once everything is completed.)
    The reason behind this(Theory Only) is because he's unable to age, because when you right clicked him you should have noticed the "age up" option is grayed out. AKA unclickable, so think what that'd mean for a baby. It'd be unable to age if it got his life-state. Meaning your suck with that crying screaming thing forever. XD
    I know if you go to CAS and create a household with him you can engine children with the play with genetics options, but I know(I too am a Doctor lover. XD) that it really isn't the same as popping the kids out yourself, and being able to romance him, but for the cheap fix it works.
    It honestly might be a mix of the life-state, clothes and hair that make him unromancible. I really wish you could change this, since I do love him already. D:
    I do believe that with enough changes he might be fixable. (Would test myself but the computer I'm using is very slow, which makes it hard to do anything. It barely loads this page. >.>
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    A new annoyance has occurred. Has anyone noticed that though Emit's hair is blue, it registers as black? I've gone around this by making a blue close to his, but it's not identical. This means his blue hair isn't genetically available. So if you have Emit babies with black hair, but your lady's a blond, this is why. ^_^
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited November 2013
    Kovee wrote:
    My faerie sim just had a baby emit. I will keep you posted. Also weird thing happened when she was prego my screen all of a sudden started loading future without me touching portal but when it loaded a random townie had gone to the future not my sim. Then when I had him go back to present my pregnant sim was only one in house yet my time thing list the other guy as part of my family and he does not know my sim at all.
    That is a reported bug (see the stickied bug thread at the top) where a Townie will autonomously use the Time Portal to travel to the future.
    Origin ID: nik24x7