Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Originalsim's DNA Thread - New lot for princess0384 pg23

Comments

• Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited March 2015
    Brand new Starter today which should be in the next issue of SLM with tips and tricks for building a budget starter:

PBS1_zps43baeca3.png
    Click picture for Download

Finished4_zps390dfdb9.jpg

Screenshot-513_zps3b6de25b.jpg

Finished3_zps04c2e1b0.jpg

Finished2_zps3d50ed67.jpg
    Post edited by originalsim on
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2013
    What a lovely starter! LOVE the colours you have used. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited August 2013
    Your Beach Starter is nice. :) Great wrap around deck. Sims will enjoy cooking and eating outdoors in the sea air and sunshine. Nice calm shades of beach colours you have used. It looks great how you have angled the bookcase and tv in the corners of the living room.
    A great starter home!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you Yanti and Rose! :D
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey O.S.! This little guy so does NOT look like a starter!!! :shock: It's decorated so nicely both inside and on that awesome wrap-around deck. I have to ask about the little rug in the babies room. How on earth did you do that? It's very cute! Big Rec! :XD:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    :D Thanks Cath!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Looking for Dweiathecat!
  • Options
    DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited September 2013
    Sorry Sorry! I'm here! I still want it. :O Now what do I need to do again...?

Edit: Oh, and I'm getting movie stuff tomorrow so you can use it if you want. ^^
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    YAY!

Got some ideas that I've already been messing around with and will get started in earnest this evening.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Awesome! XD *stupid quick reply not working*
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Btw... I've just gotten MH(gold) as well so if you feel like using anything from there go ahead. :)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dweiathecat, Your request is ready!

I followed your request form as closely as possible, however, I'm a bit of a clutterer and I couldn't resist putting some extras in several of the bedrooms. They are also probably a little bit brighter than you were expecting, but I was trying to give them a little bit of personality even though I don't really know what kind of family will wind up living here. Same goes for the Stables - I couldn't just throw the stalls in there and ignore the rest of the space or leave empty gardening plots...Just remember the sledgehammer tool is your friend. :D

SerenityHaven_zps9f58f371.png

Screenshot-547_zps8ba291e0.jpg

Screenshot-536_zps49254b0e.jpg

Screenshot-538_zps17eabc1b.jpg

Screenshot-539_zps1f21f618.jpg

Screenshot-541_zpsd95fdd09.jpg

Screenshot-537_zps5513003b.jpg

Screenshot-549_zpsda57332d.jpg

Screenshot-552_zps1de7f1ff.jpg

Screenshot-551_zps5b670c87.jpg

Screenshot-553_zpsc80f8402.jpg

Screenshot-556_zps1986531a.jpg

Screenshot-557_zps4efa1a08.jpg

Screenshot-558_zpse2cd026f.jpg

Screenshot-561_zps27ca32b2.jpg

Screenshot-570_zps0ecb4bd6.jpg

Screenshot-569_zps37e89742.jpg

Slideshow

Post edited by originalsim on
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited October 2013
    I absolutely love the backyard with the grill :D
    The décor and placing is fabulous!
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is amazing hon. Even with the stables, it's still very classy looking. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited October 2013
    Serenity Haven is a very nice home. :)Great exterior of it. The home has a nice calm natural feel to it. Great natural building materials you have used. Nice brown and green shades of colour that you have used for the interior. Great calm outdoors areas! It looks nice how you have placed the trees and plants. Very nice pool area. It looks great how the water from the fountain goes into the pool. It looks great that you placed the small pagoda décor throughout the outdoors areas of the build. Very nice pagoda hot tub building! It would be a very nice place for sims to relax. Great playground area for little sims to enjoy playing under the cherry blossom trees. Great koi pond. Sims will spend many sims hours doing some restful fishing in the pond. Sims will like building up their martial arts skill and at the same time enjoy the sunlight and air, by practising on the training equipment outdoors. Very nice outdoor living area, with how you have set up the angled comfortable wicker arm chair seating, with a fireplace nearby to keep sims warm if the weather is chilly and a a tv to watch for entertainment. Great outdoor kitchen area for cooking and eating outdoors. Nice natural type furniture you have used. Great to have the stools to eat up at the counter, as well as the table and chairs to dine at. Sims will enjoy using the Japanese grill to create tasty meals. Great to have a fruit and vegie garden for sims to grow and harvest the plants to cook up in meals either inside or outside. Sims who have the loves the outdoors trait would like living at your home! Great design of the various areas of the build both outdoors and inside. Great to have a separate meditation area at the front right hand side of your build. Very nice natural furnishing of the interior! Great living room. It looks nice the way you have set up the chairs near the fireplace. Great brickwork there, and it looks great the way you have done the shelves between the brickwork walls/pillars. Great basement nectar cellar for sims to enjoy making their own nectars and then store them in the dining room nectar rack. The produce decor looks great here, and nice shade of green that you used for the seats where sims can come down to the cellar and enjoy a drink of their nectars or from the bar. The towels on the wall look great because nectar making does get messy! Great design of the kitchen. The island eat in counter and sink area looks great. Great brickwork behind the oven. Nice dining area. Nice colour you used for the curtains and way you have done the curtains. Great to have the nectar rack there, to have a drink with their meal. Nice light filled sunny breakfast nook too with the square table and seats. Very natural type furnishings and colours right throughout the home! Very calm and serene . Great media and games room to play pool , the arcade game machine and watch tv. It looks great the way you have angled the chairs in front of the tv. Great layout of the interior home, great balcony area and way you have done the stairs. It looks great how you have placed the leaves decor on the wall beside the stairs at different levels for sims to see as they go up the stairs. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the sauna. Nice gym area with the variety of gym equipment for sims to use. Nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms. The superhero comic board and the red, blue and beige colours you have used for the bed, curtains and rug in the child's room looks great. Great Asian themed bedroom with the type of Asian style bed, dressers and japanese picture on the wall. The fan décor and the type of cushions at the end of the bed looks good.
    Great natural home! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *heart attack*
    (Will comment more later, is on phone)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Crs and Blacksheba!

Rose! I love it when you take the time to comment. You don't miss a thing! Thanks for posting.

Dweia, I do hope you like it in game as much as you do from the few pictures here.
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh..what an inviting, warm contemporary home, Miss Original! Love the loftiness of the living room with that wondeful fireplace! The outside areas just beckon you to relax! Super duper build all around!
    Rec'd!
    T
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *installing now*
    I love the looks of it! It truly looks like my dream home. :)

Edit: Plopped it down in Lucky Palms.
    Comments made by me during exploration:
    "Sooo pretty!"
    "Where did the grass go?"
    "I'll repaint that later."
    "Yay! Inventing!"
    "Will have to move the haystack so I can add a jump."
    "Whaddayou know, the loading time between live and buildbuy is normal. :D"
    "Cool! There is sand in the corners! Those WA piles I mean."
    "Almost missed that all-in-one in the stable... ;P"
    "Looks like the terrain paint moved again. I'll fix that later."
    "Hey, there is one of those lion statues by the pool - that I wish I could jump into right about now..."
    "I could probably fit another crib in that nursery if needed."
    "I knew I didn't have that swinging chair. Oh well. I'll recolor the replacement and it'll fit right in."
    "Love the kitchen. It didn't have a food processor though but that's alright."
    "No fire alarm... Is there a burglar alarm?"
    "Ah! It was outside."
    *Turns on the music by the hot tub*
    "Gah! Stupid mascot moved my camera. >.<"
    "Love the outdoor kitchen. Loooove it!"
    "I really like the way those feathers climb up the stairs."
    "Love the balcony."
    "The dragon lamp makes me think of Lego for some reason..."
    *Turns on the blue stereo*
    "I've never seen that painting of the couple in France before..."
    "That's an interesting sculpture to have in the master bedroom... Methinks it wasn't there before..."
    "Apparently it wasn't there before. It's not there now either. ;)"
    "Looooooove the basement!"
    "Looks like there are some floating trees..." *goes to fix*
    "You can make a jukebox playlist? Learn something new every day..."

"Temeraire(my sim)! You need to learn some skills!"
    Temeraire: *rolls wish to travel to China*
    "Good boy."

I truly will love to play in this house. A very play friendly house. :)
    You don't need to worry about over cluttering either. It's perfect. :)

Edit 2: *is annoyed at the terrain paint border* ...I'll plop it down somewhere else instead. *pouts* Hmmm... Moonlight Falls or Sunset Valley? ... I'll plop it down in Sunset Valley. Will need to update the town though... *gets ready for an extended edit town session*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    I saw this beauty on the exchange yesterday and immediately recommended. :D My jaws fell on the floor! WOW! :D What a gorgeous house! The architecture, the landscaping and the interiors are so droolworthy! Great job Originalsim! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    *installing now*
    I love the looks of it! It truly looks like my dream home. :)

Edit: Plopped it down in Lucky Palms.
    Comments made by me during exploration:
    "Sooo pretty!"
    "Where did the grass go?"
    "I'll repaint that later."
    "Yay! Inventing!"
    "Will have to move the haystack so I can add a jump."
    "Whaddayou know, the loading time between live and buildbuy is normal. :D"
    "Cool! There is sand in the corners! Those WA piles I mean."
    "Almost missed that all-in-one in the stable... ;P"
    "Looks like the terrain paint moved again. I'll fix that later."
    "Hey, there is one of those lion statues by the pool - that I wish I could jump into right about now..."
    "I could probably fit another crib in that nursery if needed."
    "I knew I didn't have that swinging chair. Oh well. I'll recolor the replacement and it'll fit right in."
    "Love the kitchen. It didn't have a food processor though but that's alright."
    "No fire alarm... Is there a burglar alarm?"
    "Ah! It was outside."
    *Turns on the music by the hot tub*
    "Gah! Stupid mascot moved my camera. >.<"
    "Love the outdoor kitchen. Loooove it!"
    "I really like the way those feathers climb up the stairs."
    "Love the balcony."
    "The dragon lamp makes me think of Lego for some reason..."
    *Turns on the blue stereo*
    "I've never seen that painting of the couple in France before..."
    "That's an interesting sculpture to have in the master bedroom... Methinks it wasn't there before..."
    "Apparently it wasn't there before. It's not there now either. ;)"
    "Looooooove the basement!"
    "Looks like there are some floating trees..." *goes to fix*
    "You can make a jukebox playlist? Learn something new every day..."

"Temeraire(my sim)! You need to learn some skills!"
    Temeraire: *rolls wish to travel to China*
    "Good boy."

I truly will love to play in this house. A very play friendly house. :)
    You don't need to worry about over cluttering either. It's perfect. :)

Edit 2: *is annoyed at the terrain paint border* ...I'll plop it down somewhere else instead. *pouts* Hmmm... Moonlight Falls or Sunset Valley? ... I'll plop it down in Sunset Valley. Will need to update the town though... *gets ready for an extended edit town session*

Oh yeah, I should have told you about the terrain paints: Depending on where you place this lot the paints will change a bit. The combed sand might wind up running a different direction and in almost all cases the terrain paint will shift a little bit leaving exposed bits in a bordered area or leaking out of the border. I don't think that can be helped. I did build this lot in Starlight Shores - the lot just above the stadium where the game usually places the Horse Lot from Pets. That's where it will look best, but with a little tweaking will go anywhere. I also placed it on a 60x60 lot so that you would have more placement options available to you.

There is in fact a burglar alarm by the front door hidden on one of the columns. Fire place and stoves are fireproof. That's why there are no fire alarms in the house. I do confess that I forgot to put one by the outdoor kitchen though. I don't know if the Japanese grill catches fire or not, but better safe than sorry.

My apologies about the chair you didn't have. I thought it came with one of the worlds that you have.

Floating trees is probably because I used MOO to place them. Picking them up and dropping them again will fix that. Please check the bunk bed too. I don't know if EA fixed it or not, but they will sometimes duplicate one on top of the other when you place the lot. Just delete the extra ones.

Over all, it seems like you are pretty happy with the lot and that makes me happy. :)I hope you and your sims have fun customizing it a bit more for yourselves!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you Yanti!
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited October 2013
    Serenity Haven is a wonderful modern home! I like the exterior layout, and the interiors are gorgeous too! Great design, as all of your creations! :)
    rec'd
    Have a wonderful day! *hugs*
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited October 2013
    Serenity Haven is Zenfully Perfect! I love the modern Zen feel of it! Just Perfect! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Imoger and Romagi! :mrgreen: