Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Socalkdl Creations: Yellow 2nd Empire p. 8.

socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
Well finally got of my keester and uploaded a new lot. This one is a charming 2 1/2 story Victorian farmhouse with working orchard and veggie garden. As usual I have included a windowed basement and attic bedroom. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths make it perfect for a family of 4.
Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7721847
Slideshow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leavens/sets/72157636475896545/
10232497914_5ec7610607_z.jpg
10232487194_3b900a11cf_z.jpg
10232482754_36ab3ba65d_z.jpg
Thanks, Kirk
PS, the new Flickr doesn't automatically show a slideshow, but if you look at the upper right corner you'll see a button to push for slideshow. :)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,610 Member
    edited October 2013
    Crème de menthe is a very nice home. Great exterior of it! The roof and tower is great. It looks nice the way you have done the flowers around the front and sides of the house, and have the orchard of fruit trees in the left side garden and the vegie patch on the right hand side of the build. . Great fencing , and it looks great the way you have done the arched gateway . Very nice shade of green that you have used for the exterior and the interior! Nice way you have done the steps up to the front porch. Sims will enjoy sitting out on the seats on the porch relaxing and looking at what is happening outdoors. The weather vane on the roof looks good. The gazebo is nice. Great place to enjoy the outdoors air, sitting on the seats and kept warm by the fireplace..Great back porch with the steps leading down to the playground area. Nice furnishing of the interior. Great layout of the various rooms and levels of the home. The attic bedroom is great. Nice light filled and sunny dining room for sims to enjoy eating meals with the sunlight coming through the windows. The pink and green shades of the bedrooms look nice. It looks nice the way you have done the curtains through the home. Great front living room area to sit and have a read of a book near the fireplace or do some studying at the desk. Nice choice and placement of the pictures on the walls in the various rooms.
    It is a nice home! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Rose. You are most kind! :) It was a fun and challenging build. Some people may not know it, but my odd-shaped and meandering rooms are the result of building the house exterior first, then fitting the rooms into it. Most of my homes are built that way. Have started work on a blue-themed Victorian next, a Second Empire style.
    Take care,
    Kirk
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well this is a lovely surprise. :D Hi Socalkdl I hope all is well with you, so happy to see one of your wonderful builds back here at the CC forum. :D Rec'd of course :thumbup: Folly
  • Options
    TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, Socalkdl! This is another great, authentic build. I love the color scheme, the basement windows, the nooks and crannies- it's beautiful! A rec and dl from me! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Folly and Bob, its good to be back again and building. Am looking forward to the Sims 4 coming out in Spring 2014. Curious to see what build/buy objects are included. Hopefully more robust!
    Take care
    Kirk
    6584611675_7cf944622c_z.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited October 2013
    Socalkdl I do not know if you have popped by the Sim 4 forum but Peacy has an interesting thread :Dhttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9676280.page
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you sir, love it as always.

Tamara
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Folly, thanks so much. Checked out the thread and found it most interesting. Checked out Bill's, Ruthie's and Sara's blogs as well. Great info there.
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Tamara, glad you liked it. :)
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited October 2013
    Beautifully done as always. Rec'd and made a favourite.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    Welcome back Kirk! :D Nice to see that you are still building. Love your cottage. It is adorable! Love the architecture! That roof is so droolworthy. Off to recommend. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Walkingstick and Yanti. Have a great Sunday!
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello

Very pretty rec'd :D

chari
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    I also like this home a lot. Very warm, love the Victorian design. You obviously put a lot of work into this...

edit: wait, why are you creating mutliple threads with the same build?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    I also like this home a lot. Very warm, love the Victorian design. You obviously put a lot of work into this...

edit: wait, why are you creating mutliple threads with the same build?

That was my WIP thread. I will not be using it again, so it will fade into obscurity :) In the past I have used the usual "My Creations" type format, but they get so long. I am trying separate threads for each build now.
    Thanks,
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Charicharn wrote:
    Hello

Very pretty rec'd :D

chari

Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bump...:)
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is a really charming build Socal, lovely to see you building again I have always admired your clever work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks Glenkarri. I visited your studio and enjoyed looking at some of your wonderful builds. You have a great knack for building large impressive homes. Your interior work is very nice as well, although I don't know how you can find the time to decorate so many rooms, LOL. That's why most of my homes are on a small scale :) Left recs on some of my favorites. I am partial to Victorian Gothic and liked your newest a lot!
    Kirk
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    We'll just now flying back from a Bahaman cruise. The wife and I had a wonderful time, but missed building the Sims. Hope you all are doing fine :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Bump. :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'm working on a new build, this time Carpenter Gothic, small lot, two story with full basement, 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
    12555972304_4e7769a3de_z.jpg
    12555484565_05fd0b22ba_z.jpg
    12555965034_c2c0062535_z.jpg
    Basement has my usual functional windows.
    Will keep you'all posted.
    Thanks,
    Kirk
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,610 Member
    edited February 2014
    Your new WIP is looking great! Very nice exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the roofing! Nice shade of colour that you have used. I will look forward to seeing updates. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Your new WIP is looking great! Very nice exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the roofing! Nice shade of colour that you have used. I will look forward to seeing updates. :)

Thanks Rose. Spent all afternoon on it, now that I am free once again of that dratted World of Warcraft game, I should be able to get some lots done!
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited February 2014
    It looks great.
    LOL, done with WoW for good? That sounds serious. :lol:
    I'm glad to see you survived and came back. :wink:
    oow785m