Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Let Our Sims Days Be LONGER!!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited May 2013
    I also use Twallan's Relativity. It makes a huge difference. My Sims can garden, do homework, cook meals, skill up, and many more things during the day.
  • Options
    neon_wildneon_wild Posts: 1,220 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm another person that uses Twallans relativity mod and I love it. I don't know how I ever played without it.

It really makes a huge difference - for instance when a sim wakes up in the morning (maybe two hours before they need to go to uni) I actually have time to let them have a shower, cook breakfast from scratch and even do some other activity before they need to be gone out the door. With the normal game clock setting they're hardly out of bed before they need to go to class, they usually don't even get a chance to finish a quick meal from the fridge and forget about the shower or anything else you might want to squeeze in. Things like bar and club hopping are far more enjoyable when you actually have time to visit multiple lots and let your sim have a few drinks in each one. With the normal game speed bar hopping is a nightmare and the night is over far too quickly for you to even enjoy playing it.

So personally I would absolutely love something like what Twallan has created to be included as an option in TS4. With Twallans mod you can even set up your own intervals so that time is faster or slower at certain times of the day that you specify and on certain days if you choose to. I have my game set to run at the EA default clock speed from 5am to 12pm for instance so that time moves faster when my sims will most likely be sleeping.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Longer days would make the world a thousand times better. Like someone else said, waffles don't take three hours to make! Drinking a cup of coffee shouldn't take up a large portion of their day.

Also, please keep the Steel Bladder reward (or make it so they don't have to pee at all) or I won't buy it. If they go back to the Sims having a constant bladder infection like in Sims 1 and 2, then I won't even be interested in a 4.
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    Completely agree. Sick of my sims being late to work. I don't really want tasks to be shorter as then I wouldn't appreciate the animation. Keep them the same length they are now but make sim hours 2 or 3 minutes long. 1 minute is ridiculously short for me. At least make a option in settings as there must be people it does bother. :thumbup:
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    I agree to this, and in fact was just thinking this several times over the last few days. I use a mod to make the days longer, but I'd at least like the option to be in the game. Especially since Sims seem to take an (in my opinion) unreasonably long amount of time to do certain things.

It's even worse because I usually build houses as large as I can and then the Sim can't even get to work or school on time because they're trying to brush their teeth, pee, eat breakfast, and then adventure across the houses I've built. Then the children are caught by their parents for being late and get scolded and... Yes, this is a good idea.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2013
    good ideas everyone. And I like them all!
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited October 2013
    The only reason I wouldn't want a slider is that the more options you put in the game, the more chance there is for a glitch. Truly, I think the best answer here is to shorten the tasks. It really does take WAY too long to do some things in the game.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2013
    Twallan's Relativity Mod made TS3 much more enjoyable.
    My sims can get to do more activities in a day. They can come home from work, stop for dinner, and still have time for drinking, dancing, and socializing.

I enjoy having more time in a day.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    Shorter time to do task or longer days. Either one would make me happy. I would just like for them to be able to pee, shower, brush teeth and eat before leaving for work without being late or getting up way too early. Also a little time left after school for the kids to not only get their homework done, eat and still have a little time to enjoy the evening.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2013
    An adjustable setting would be nice. I'm ok with the time system we currently have, but I do see some flaws.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think the need for a slider has been elimated by the fact the Sim is no longer about filling needs in TS4. They are there but the focus is on emotions and needs as I understand it will no longer be prevalent or at least not as important as even in TS3's easy need formula.

I'm not sure I am happy about the change. I do know I wasn't happy a Sim couldn't starve as soon as they were very hungry in TS3..I felt making them roll another 24 hours was very lame.

I think you won't have to worry at all about needs so much in TS4, and that will eliminate a great deal of chores..eat, sleep, hygiene, bathroom, etc.

Then really no need for a slider anymore to make the day longer if filling needs isn't a big part of the game anymore. Eat...not hungry for hours...eliminates the need to cook...doesn't it?

I can see how this might be necessary if the player is having to deal with emotions being as much a 'thing' as needs...

Really no longer need a slider in TS4 to make the day longer if the Sim is no longer needing to eat so much, pee, or sleep etc...
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree, I have always wanted the days longer, take kids and teens, they do not have much time to do anything, a longer day would be give them more time to do things.
    Slider would be nice too. It would please everyone, if you want a short day then ok, longer day good for you too.
    How about it a new slider for longer or shorter days.
    I like that.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited October 2013
    I also would like longer days, but agree that there should be a slider so you can have a choice.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2013
    Agreed
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    MissFelixiaMissFelixia Posts: 1,164 New Member
    edited October 2013
    i definitely want longer days else am going to have to wait for a mod like relativity again :/
  • Options
    Amerikajin42Amerikajin42 Posts: 123 Member
    edited October 2013
    Definitely! I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited October 2013
    oh yes longer days would be fab :D:D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    CurlykatzCurlykatz Posts: 338 Member
    edited October 2013
    I definitely agree with shortening the length of tasks! Like others have said, it doesn't take half an hour to walk from upstairs to downstairs xD! Or 3 hours to cook a meal! I think if task times were shortened or the time bar just moved more slowly, then the amount of things you could do before work would be more realistic! :)
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    The length of the days have been the same so far all the way through the series , it has always been one sim hour = one real minute at normal speed . It is just for some reason a lot of the interactions take forever to complete like cooking etc . They go over the same action three or four times just to fill it out and therefore cooking something simple like an omelette take a couple of sim hours .

I would like the time to stay the same just shorten all the actions
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2013
    Not too much longer for me, just a bit because sometimes sims need sooo much time for doing simple things! It can be annoying at some times.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2013
    without a relativity mod, adjusting back to the current frame rate of time sync will be annoying.
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    NoniohyeaNoniohyea Posts: 922 Member
    edited October 2013
    I think it would be really cool if you could adjust the length of your days, like you can adjust the length of your seasons.
  • Options
    loubearloubear Posts: 116 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the day needs to be longer, I think the tasks like cooking, eating, showering etc need to be should be less time consuming. In order for my sims to be able to get up, shower, toilet, eat etc I need to have them wake up 2-3 hours before work so they don't spend the day in a complete grump.
    Unless I manually fix there needs but that defeats the purpose of providing my Sims with a kitchen and bathroom
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2013
    I hate how I have to wake my sim up at 2 or 3 am just so they can accomplish what they need to before the carpool comes at 8. I dont wake up that early to take a shower or eat, so why should my sims?

I like the idea of speeding up certain tasks, I think that would be a lot more realistic. Other than that, I'm content with the length of the day.
  • Options
    rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2013
    There we go talking about Mods again, why can't "EA" get it right the first time? I prefer that the task that the Sims have to do not take so long. If that means we need longer days , then so be-it. Like most posts I have read , I do hate that it takes 2-3 hours or more for our sims to do a simple task. I know when you tell them to change clothes , they can be late for work because of the time delay. I do delete my Cache files from time to time, and after I do , and play the game , then the time it takes to change clothes , takes even longer. So yes we need longer days and less time to do a specific tasks!

I also feel like as a Human specking for myself, that I can go a lot longer through the day without , starving, having to pee, or having a hissy fit cause I have no one to talk to!