Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wondering if any of the world builders are concerned about building worlds....

I haven't see any convos... so should i assume no one is concerned about what we will be able to build? what are the limitation? whats new? :P

Comments

• Options
    dinadinedinadine Posts: 29
    edited October 2013
    I'm kinda scared... I've never built a world on sims 2, and i don't play simcity so i don't even know how it works... how do the bridges work.... I hope i can build the same quality of world I'm able to build now...
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    If lot placement in Sims 4 works like in Sims 2... it will be a lot more forgiving.

Seriously, adding new lots to Sims 2 neighborhoods was not that difficult at all; unroutable terrain generally wasn't a thing.
  • Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah! My very first thread here was requesting that the create a neighborhood feature would be in disc and not a separate download. And please make it work like 2's, 3's CAW does not work for many of us simmers and errors just pops-up that it wont start up!
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited October 2013
    It was definitely more easy in The Sims 2! I remember that they said the world building tool is easier and better to use for The Sims 4, or that was just a feature they were considering adding.
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    I'm very, very, very interested in this subject. Creating worlds is one of my favorite things to do with the game. I've made two huge worlds with custom buildings and everything, and planning on a third soon enough. Is there any official news about this anywhere? I've been nosing around a lot and haven't seen any, but if anyone else has any..

I don't know much at all about how The Sims 2 worked, but anything that will make the process easier (so long as it's good) is fully welcomed by me. I did find trying to edit anything in CAW very much tedious and time-consuming. I enjoyed every minute of creating outside of loading times, though. Please remember us obsessive builders and creators while finishing up TS4, EA. I will eventually need my CAW fix or similar if I'm truly going to enjoy TS4. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2013
    No OP, there is no official word other than the statement made by one of the producers when asked about neighborhoods. The statement by Grant R. was 'they are not ready to discuss'.

But he offered (told the interviewer) questions about the hoods/worlds to be directed to another Guru..but I don't believe players can ask such questions if we aren't interviewing for the press...unless someone knows the Guru's twitter and can remember which Guru who is over neighborhood design/building.

I am inclined to believe if building houses is simple, making a Sim is simple etc. in TS4 as we have seen..then CAW won't be offered (too complicated) and perhaps this time it's really simple. I doubt it is simple for the Gurus and thier software..but I feel what they might offer players..if at all..will be a really easy way to 'modify' the worlds/hoods..not necessarily build new ones.

I'm just basing that idea on how simplified everything is about TS4 and that seems to be the main direction, Simplified, lowend machine etc.

Simple, simple tools.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited October 2013
    The builders are quite possibly waiting until they find out what the worlds are like . Whether its an open world like Sims3 with a CaW or back to the Sims2 type of world which you built in sim city and ported over
  • Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    I liked the edit world in ts3 but it lacked certain things, like objects that were in the world weren't in the catalogue and if you placed a lot and changed the terrain paint you couldn't always get it to fit the surroundings because there is no terrain paint tool in edit world. I just think it needs a bit of tweaking for ts4; very nearly good enough. It really does depend on the world though. If it's closed I lose interest immediately, if it's districts the edit world will need to be seriously rethought because the ts3 style of doing things is far too simple to accommodate different backdrops.
  • Options
    Fordee09Fordee09 Posts: 7,341 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    I'm just basing that idea on how simplified everything is about TS4 and that seems to be the main direction, Simplified, lowend machine etc.

Simple, simple tools.

ugh.gif

:lol: JK.
    I'm sorry Cine, but, I don't find anything simplified. And, how can you say that the game is/will be simplified when we know next to nothing about the thing. You're just likely basing your statement on the fact that TS4 was supposed to be on iOS.

Seriously; at least wait till we hear a bit more about the game before you start going on to every thread and bringing up the fact that TS4 is simplified, and was supposed to be released on iOS.
    Give it a chance; and you might be surprised. :wink:
    tumblr_mnt6wnw49M1rx891yo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Fordee, why do you have to post a smirk of a gif? That is your attitude.

You really are very naive aren't you? How is what I said wrong? Simple..which is much better than complicated like CAW...

Simple to create a Sim in TS4.
    Fact.
    Simple to pick out their clothes..simplified CAS..fact.

Simple to build a house, stack a cube..Fact.

Then check out the 'features' listed under 'Features' On TheSims4.com site..under Features...sounds really simple..

Plus Fact they have stated this game is for low end machines..Fact..

Stop being so naive..wouldn't it stand to reason creating a neighborhood is just as simple for players? Yes..because simple tools..that help players do everything..and be able to say..

Quote..'hey, I'm good at this too'...is the main features of TS4's over all concept..easy...

I can't help you don't see it..nor listen to what they say, or read what they write in the description of what TS4 has to offer..and it is all about the 'easy' for the player...which when building worlds is a good thing..gee wheez...you are so naive...

ETA: Plus I wasn't being negative Fordee.. :roll: I was just pointing out if everything else is new, simple tools..and they are..then building a neighborhood probably will be too, if we get any tools for that because one of the 'features' is to share 'community created content' and be able to say 'I can do this, too' in customization..so that tells me 'easy' way to build a hood..and that to me is a good thing. Since I hate CAW and it's need for an update everytime you turn around.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar is right, if there is one word to describe this game so far, it's simple. Just because everything is 'new', doesn't mean it's better. New create a sim (probably the best part of this game), new game engine, new building tools, etc. I don't like it. Instead of taking what they already had and improved upon it, they took out everything I love about the sims 3, and replaced it with stuff that I can only describe as simple. I think the open world will be a casualty in this simplification to get back to the OP's question.

Do I think CAW will be gone in the sims 4? Perhaps. I can tell you one thing, the execs at EA probably hate CAW considering how many people will download a custom world as opposed to buying a store world, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was gone. It worries me, yes. But whatever.
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    I go to a thread that I *think* I can find something to read without someone going at each other and it just doesn't happen. :(

Please please stop.

I remember in Sims 2 we had templates we could use to make worlds. Lots of templates to choose from. I was wishing for something like that in sims3 but no such luck. I tried CAW but never got the hang of it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    AnticipationAnticipation Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Fordee09- Seconded. I don't see a problem with tools being easier to use, nor do I see how this precludes new or more advanced building features from being included as well. It is hard to tell what the game will be like, but I am excited about what I have heard so far.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited October 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    Cinebar is right, if there is one word to describe this game so far, it's simple.

Agreed.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:

You really are very naive aren't you? How is what I said wrong? Simple..which is much better than complicated like CAW...

Fact.

Then check out the 'features' listed under 'Features' On TheSims4.com site..under Features...sounds really simple..

Stop being so naive..wouldn't it stand to reason creating a neighborhood is just as simple for players? Yes..because simple tools..that help players do everything..and be able to say..

Quote..'hey, I'm good at this too'...is the main features of TS4's over all concept..easy...

I can't help you don't see it..nor listen to what they say, or read what they write in the description of what TS4 has to offer..and it is all about the 'easy' for the player...which when building worlds is a good thing..gee wheez...you are so naive...

ETA: Plus I wasn't being negative Fordee.. :roll: I was just pointing out if everything else is new, simple tools..and they are..then building a neighborhood probably will be too, if we get any tools for that because one of the 'features' is to share 'community created content' and be able to say 'I can do this, too' in customization..so that tells me 'easy' way to build a hood..and that to me is a good thing. Since I hate CAW and it's need for an update everytime you turn around.

You know what; I had an whole long post written out. But, I just deleted it because I realized that it's not worth my time, or your time, or the poor OP's time, to argue on a thread and add to the hysteria already taking place on these forums.

I've decided to leave these forums and check back around 2014. Because I just can't deal with the amount of negativity- coming from both the side who likes the game, and the side who hates the game.

I'd suggest the same to you Cine, heck; I'd suggest taking a break from this part of the forums for everyone! Because it is only going to make us dislike each other more and more with our clashing opinions.
    Because I predict this forum will continue to spiral into chaos.

Whatever I do; you won't agree with my opinion, and I probably won't agree with your opinion. It's human nature not to. All I know is that I'll be playing TS4 in 2014 and I may love it, or hate it.
    And at the end of the day, it all depends on your personal preference. So, hopefully I'll be one of the millions of fans enjoying TS4- which looks very promising apart from several hurdles.

Slán!
  • Options
    rjdreamer53rjdreamer53 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 Whatever I do; you won't agree with my opinion, and I probably won't agree with your opinion. It's human nature not to. All I know is that I'll be playing TS4 in 2014 and I may love it, or hate it.
    And at the end of the day, it all depends on your personal preference. So, hopefully I'll be one of the millions of fans enjoying TS4- which looks very promising apart from several hurdles.

Slán!

OK, several hurdles, what exactly does that mean?

I just looked up EA on wiki, and I can tell you I didn't like some of my reads. I beta tested ,paid and then played SOL. What I read definatly offended me! When EA couldn't keep , SOL viable , they changed its name to "EA LAND" , which was by the way a free online game Version of SOL. They still took out their monthly dues from me , without even informing me that , SOL , was no longer in service. I paid them money , that was direct deposit for over a year till I found out the truth.

The reason I bring this up is; IF , this game was originally made to be an online game , forget about any building of worlds! I never built a world in SOL, all I did was build up my lot. That took time , unless you were able , or wanted to spend "real" money on more assets. I did enjoy SOL for what it was , but I would never go back to a game like that.

I hope "EA" has thought this through. I hope they will give us options. They could implement a system for world building in the game , such as TS2, and they could also implement another option, such as we have in TS3. We of the TS3 ilk , could still build our worlds, and those of the TS2 ilk , could build their worlds.

I know this is wishful thinking , but maybe the good fairy will grant me one more wish , before I die.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    OP, I'm terribly sorry your thread got turned into a negative heap because of 'me'. However, I didn't start the fire. Fordee has misunderstood what I said and therefore couldn't wait to needle Cinebar..again...claiming I was saying 'simple' due to I believe the game was supposed to be originally for an iPAD.

I have no idea how he got the idea 'simple' means 'bad'...as far as building worlds were concerned. Maybe from being bias.

I was only pointing out..with the new, intuitive tools and everything now made much easier for a player in building a house, a Sim etc..I do believe the tools for making a tiny neighborhood scenery will be just as easy to use..that was the point (a heck of lot easier than CAW) because one, I doubt players create 'worlds' per se like they do in TS3..

This is totally different game..and I do believe the things we can do in this game will be nothing at all like a CAW..was my point..and much 'simpler' to use..
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited October 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Cinebar is right, if there is one word to describe this game so far, it's simple.

Agreed.

I agree also, and she wasn't being negative :roll: . I swear some people just come on here LOOKING for a fight.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2013
    Halle_M wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

Agreed.

I agree also, and she wasn't being negative :roll: . I swear some people just come on here LOOKING for a fight.

Agreed. If she was being negative, I would have said something.

She wasn't.

I didn't say anything yet on this because I've been busy. Plus, she can take care of it herself, and she handled it rather well. No need for me to say anything either way, so I kept my mouth shut :D
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited October 2013
    ... Getting back on topic and away from the gifs...

Yes I am very concerned about building worlds in TS4. As of yet we know absolutely nothing about the worlds/towns in TS4 and while I know we'll get info soon (after ITF?), I'm going to stay concerned and worried. World building - or just building my own town - has been a focal part of all The Sims installments for me, and I don't want to lose the ability in TS4. It will most definitely be a deciding factor in my purchasing of it. If some sort of world builder isn't included with the base game originally, but will be down the line, I will gladly wait for it to come out and then I will buy the game.

That's just my opinion on it as of now. If anything, this new CAW (if there is one) will, and should, be simpler - complimenting the simplicity of the entire game itself, as an earlier poster commented - and I am welcoming that. I like the detail of TS3 CAW, but it was far too hard to get used to. It took me a good year or more to grasp it and to make a decent world, but even then I was still a beginner. You're always learning with CAW - no joke.

In any case, if there isn't a TS4 world creator then it will be a bad move. Creating our own enviroments - with ease - is key to a sandbox game (where anything is possible) ... if that fundamental ability is stripped from the game, what is there to do apart from plopping blocks of rooms down and moulding our sims like clay? Will we be doomed to force our sims to live in the exact same environment as everyone else's sims? Like Sunset Valley & Riverview in the base game before CAW came out? I sincerely hope not.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Conorsim wrote:
    ... Getting back on topic and away from the gifs...

Yes I am very concerned about building worlds in TS4. As of yet we know absolutely nothing about the worlds/towns in TS4 and while I know we'll get info soon (after ITF?), I'm going to stay concerned and worried. World building - or just building my own town - has been a focal part of all The Sims installments for me, and I don't want to lose the ability in TS4. It will most definitely be a deciding factor in my purchasing of it. If some sort of world builder isn't included with the base game originally, but will be down the line, I will gladly wait for it to come out and then I will buy the game.

That's just my opinion on it as of now. If anything, this new CAW (if there is one) will, and should, be simpler - complimenting the simplicity of the entire game itself, as an earlier poster commented - and I am welcoming that. I like the detail of TS3 CAW, but it was far too hard to get used to. It took me a good year or more to grasp it and to make a decent world, but even then I was still a beginner. You're always learning with CAW - no joke.

In any case, if there isn't a TS4 world creator then it will be a bad move. Creating our own enviroments - with ease - is key to a sandbox game (where anything is possible) ... if that fundamental ability is stripped from the game, what is there to do apart from plopping blocks of rooms down and moulding our sims like clay? Will we be doomed to force our sims to live in the exact same environment as everyone else's sims? Like Sunset Valley & Riverview in the base game before CAW came out? I sincerely hope not.

I absolutely agree with you. TS1 had limited world building options. What we got was the same empty template as the first neighborhood..and make as many as you wanted and fill with your own Sim houses etc.

That was fun at the time but left little room to have a different 'map'.

TS2 gave us many templates which was more interesting since we could change them to desert, lush, etc...and many types of 'maps'...vacant of houses and Sims..and in the end we were able to use the brackets to raise or lower mountains etc..that was great...

TS3...nothing other than a complicated CAW..which no matter the latest update..more than not tells me my version isn't going to work..and have uninstall and reinstall a new one... :roll:

I have only built 3 worlds with the CAW, I play them but would never dream of uploading them. Not good enough. :wink:

I hope the new neighborhood builder isn't even half as complicated or tiresome as CAW, but not as simple as just placing backdrops...and or changing enviornments...

I have a feeling though we will be downloading more than we will ever be creating and sharing.
  • Options
    lil_slglil_slg Posts: 1,010 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I agree with the majority of people here. I loved TS2 ways of creating your own world. It was so easy and simple. TS3, I liked spending time creating myself a perfect world. The downfall? The moment i started creating an environment (placing objects - trees especially) my world would crash and never open again :cry:

I'm hoping that TS4 will have a more simple world creation tool. I do miss being able to play a world I created myself
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    OP, I'm terribly sorry your thread got turned into a negative heap because of 'me'. However, I didn't start the fire. Fordee has misunderstood what I said and therefore couldn't wait to needle Cinebar..again...claiming I was saying 'simple' due to I believe the game was supposed to be originally for an iPAD.

I have no idea how he got the idea 'simple' means 'bad'...as far as building worlds were concerned. Maybe from being bias.

I was only pointing out..with the new, intuitive tools and everything now made much easier for a player in building a house, a Sim etc..I do believe the tools for making a tiny neighborhood scenery will be just as easy to use..that was the point (a heck of lot easier than CAW) because one, I doubt players create 'worlds' per se like they do in TS3..

This is totally different game..and I do believe the things we can do in this game will be nothing at all like a CAW..was my point..and much 'simpler' to use..

Cinebar,
    I wholeheartedly apologize for calling you out when I mistook the context you were using 'Simple' in.
    You obviously don't use the word 'Simple' in the sort of context I thought you were using it in. Because; where I live, the word 'Simple' has an alternate meaning which means bad, stupid, silly, and/or childish.

I assumed you meant 'Simple' in that context, because I've seen you post so many negative posts on different threads around these forums. So, I jumped the gun and immediately assumed you were being negative over 'ere.
    When instead you were actually conversing about how the tools would be easier, instead of being stupid- which I had assumed.

I in no way wanted to 'needle' you. I am generally a nice person, but, as everyone else on this planet- I do have my times where I can jump to conclusions or act spiteful towards certain people.

Again; I apologize. And I came back because this problem has been itching at me for the past day. I hope you accept my apology, because I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding.
    - - - - - - -

OP,
    I also apologize for turning this harmless thread into a mini flame-war between Cinebar and I. This is a generally good question, and it deserves to be answered. I in no way meant for it to get out of hand.
    My deepest apologies fellow Simmer.
    - - - - - - -

Everyone Else,
    I also owe an apology for anyone who wanted to look at some actual answers to this question, and instead witnessed my act of foolishness and jumping to conclusions. I once again apologize to you all!

~Fordee,
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Fordee09 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

Fact.

You know what; I had an whole long post written out. But, I just deleted it because I realized that it's not worth my time, or your time, or the poor OP's time, to argue on a thread and add to the hysteria already taking place on these forums.

I've decided to leave these forums and check back around 2014. Because I just can't deal with the amount of negativity- coming from both the side who likes the game, and the side who hates the game.

I'd suggest the same to you Cine, heck; I'd suggest taking a break from this part of the forums for everyone! Because it is only going to make us dislike each other more and more with our clashing opinions.
    Because I predict this forum will continue to spiral into chaos.

Whatever I do; you won't agree with my opinion, and I probably won't agree with your opinion. It's human nature not to. All I know is that I'll be playing TS4 in 2014 and I may love it, or hate it.

Slán!

There is a lot of conflict on this forum, and it seems that it does not matter what side you are on. It is all over the forum and very hard to find someone with a favorable reply.
    It was wise to delete you post, because it would not matter anyway.
    I do like what you said in the end.
    Because I'll be playing the Sims4 and hopefully I'll be along with you and the millions of fans enjoying Sim 4, and It does look promising to me also, It still has a ways to go, but what I have seen so far, I do like, is it perfect yet, no, but right or wrong I have high expectations for Sims 4. I have loved all the series and will move onto Sims 4
    Blessings
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @ Fordee.

Acceted. :lol: Peace brother, keep on keeping on. :lol:

Cheers=cherrio/have a good day..happy Simming...