Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis reps say they are trying to cram as much content into Sims 4 as possible

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AbJo129AbJo129 Posts: 376 Member
    edited October 2013
    If they're cramming stuff in hopefully they can put in:

glass floors, U + L shaped stairs, attics that when you look up you see roof not sky, paddling pools for toddlers, hair dye that doesn't pass on genetically, maybe hoovering unless it's in really annoying way and then the basics: basements, baby and toddler washing and changing tables and swimming in the ocean.
  • Options
    menudomenudo Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh and wedding arches and the slowdance as well.

Sims 2 or 3 slow dance?

Did everyone forget about the helicopters?
  • Options
    menudomenudo Posts: 73 Member
    edited October 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    PosterGirl wrote:
    I mentioned this in my above post... but if I had to pick and choose stuff from various EP's to be in the base game it would be:

-swimming in the ocean
    -sunbathing
    -restaurants
    -grocery store
    -clothing store
    -bars
    -basic weather (rain, snow, fog and without actual holidays)
    -basic pets (only dogs, cats, birds)
    -apartments

^ This.

Plus
    A way to build a basement, I don't need a simplified basement tool as long as I can use stairs to lower the ground etc. then go from there.

Pets, heck dogs and cats can be strays and rare and allow a Sim to adopt as long as people want some type of pets in the game that doesn't bother me. No my fav EP...skipped it in TS3.

Diving board for pools
    Pool Ladder
    Ladder for barns, lofts etc.
    Wide archway for basegame..doorway...

Curtains that fit windows, blinds that fit most windows, shades that fit more than one window...think window coverings when creating windows..please don't forget.

Opening and closing windows seems like a good idea too.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2013
    PosterGirl wrote:
    I don't know if anyone has seen this, but I just came across an article on IGN.
    What will be really interesting to see if how fans will react to the reset button being hit on the franchise yet again. When Sims 3 came out in 2009, fans were none too happy to lose all of the expansion pack features they had become accustomed to in Sims 2. Maxis reps say they are trying to cram as much content into Sims 4 as possible to avoid a similar situation, but of course, the franchise's model is built around add-ons. One can only hope that Sims 4's expansions show the same flair and creativity as Island Paradise and World Adventures, which took the series in new and interesting directions, like resort building and tomb raiding.

SOURCE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/joining-the-mile-high-club-in-the-sims-4

This sounds like a good thing to me. If they put a ton of stuff we already had in the base game, then it would allow EPs to include new ideas.

If they're trying to put as much content in the base-game as possible. Then why don't we get a recoler tool? :roll: :evil: :? :evil: :evil:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013
    They said the same thing about Sims-3. But as i remember, there was very few furniture items included in the base game. And they purposely left out the basic hot tub.

So i suspect the Sims-4 base game to have very little content in terms of items.

• Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited October 2013
    They said the same thing about Sims-3. But as i remember, there was very few furniture items included in the base game. And they purposely left out the basic hot tub.

So i suspect the Sims-4 base game to have very little content in terms of items.

I was thinking this too, to be honest. I think it will be spread out over many expansions/stuff packs/store sets, not all crammed into the base game. Granted, you won't hear me complaining if it were all crammed into the base game. Not one bit. :wink:
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2013
    SimsTias wrote:

If they're trying to put as much content in the base-game as possible. Then why don't we get a recoler tool? :roll: :evil: :? :evil: :evil:

Hey slick :lol:... you know there is no way I can answer that. Only the developers can give a straight forward reply about it. I'm curious myself to know why they decided to leave CASt out. If I had to guess, it's most likely due to colors being connected to emotions. At least that's what I've been suspecting since it was announced.

Some of you mentioned hot tubs, diving boards and the basement tool. I'de like to see the wedding arch too.
  • Options
    DivaOfDarknessDivaOfDarkness Posts: 1,097 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have mixed feelings about this. :?
    I certainly want to see new, fresh EPs, but I also hope they will suit the gameplay. Lots of people didn't like World Adventures just because of tomb exploring and RPG-based quests, which "doesn't suit the sandbox gameplay" of The Sims series. And while I'd love to see new concepts for expansions, I want to see them heading in the right direction. But generally I would love to see some fresh ideas.

Ugh. Hated the repeatable, linear WA gameplay *yuck*
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2013

Yeah, I don't think it will have more content than TS3. They'll just change which items are included. For example, instead of a guitar, we'll get a violin. This will create the illusion of something fresh and new, when in reality it's just the old items released in a different order.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell