Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Bay of Islands** 14-Mar: Not dead, trees, bonus world!

This world was restarted! Please see new pictures from page 3

World details in 2nd post!

I've been messing around with CAW for so long, but I've never actually finished a world.
I've been looking for a long time for a nice tropical world that has all EPs, but nothing like that really exists that Im happy with (there are some really good tropic worlds out there, but there's always something Im unhappy with in them) so I thought I should finally try to make a world, primarily for myself.

Bay of Islands, very much in the wip stage, my current moment of pride is that I figured out how to change the sky and sea colours this morning :D

The main thing I have issues with, is that most worlds out there, even if they have features from each EP, dont focus on my favourite ones, namely Island Paradise, Pets and Supernatural. Hopefully I can make a world that fits those three in particular (even though that's such an odd combo)

7_zps53f98778.png

6_zps109df502.png
2_zpsaf908dd2.png
4_zps99f97e72.png
1_zps365a32e8.png
5_zpsc9585537.png
3_zps5951e030.png

Comments

• Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited March 2014
    World Details

Size: Large

Required EPs: All upto and including Island Paradise, unsure what will happen when ITF comes out

Required SPs: I don't own all of them myself, currently I have a little bit from Master Bedroom, I'll update as I use them.

Store Content: I'll try to keep individual items limited, but there is some store content. Namely content from a few worlds (currently only Sunlit Tides and Monte Vista), and anything that falls under premium content category is fair game (such as the rock climbing wall), again I'll update this as I use it more. Individual items (furniture, etc) I'll try to keep limited unless it came in a world or pack.
    Currently required: MUST have Sunlit Tides and Monte Vista.
    Fountain of Youth from Hidden Springs used as decoration on one lot.

Custom Content:
    There is a bit of CC, though again I'll try to keep this limited. At the moment I have rabbit hole rugs and a lot from Lunasimslulumai's blog in my folder, I'll update with whatever I use.

CC used so far: Luna's Fantasy Rocks- http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/fantasy-forest/fantasy-islands/
    ONE of Luna's arches, from this pack- http://lunasimslulamai.jimdo.com/arcomania/arcomania-5/
    Equestrian Centre rabbit hole rug- http://simsl3gacies.com/blog/2013/02/24/rabbit-hole-rugs/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And of course, while Caw has been working fine for me all week, as soon as I make a thread with pictures, it starts crashing when I use EIG >:
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2013
    Beautiful! :)
  • Options
    BobbleBeanBobbleBean Posts: 675 Member
    edited October 2013
    Looking lovely so far! :) x
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2013
    Your world looks really nice, just keep on going, it is turning out beautiful. I like the looks of it.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited October 2013
    It looks just lovely and it's your first world! Nice work :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I spent a few hours last night trying to work out my EIG crashing issues, in the end I fixed it by renaming my Sims 3 folder and letting the computer create a new one...not sure why that happened considering I havent installed anything new or even started the game itself in weeks, and caw was working fine a few days ago. But now I have to reinstall all my store content and mods...I guess it's for the best though, I had some bad cc in there creating demon babies in my game that I couldn't find and get rid of, and it would sometimes crash my launcher.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I sculpted up some mountains and made a hidden inlet on the main island, only accessible by boat (hopefully, I'm a little unsure on the space/depth needed to get through)

12_zps2219fd48.png

10_zps13f06508.png

09_zps02e7e3a4.png

08_zps486773ae.png

There's a 64x64 lot in there I'm unsure what I want to do with, have it be a residential lot, a resort, the science (marine biology) facility or just left blank for people to build on later.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm loving this world so far! It should be left blank so that the possibilities are endless. It's just cool for anyone playing it to have the option. Also, you could make it something different every time you play!
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited October 2013
    What a gorgeous job you are doing! am loving your sculpting and it just looks beautiful so far :thumbup: Will look forward to watching this world come to life. If I was to be selfish I would love that lot for my house :D but realistically would be better for a resort or science lot, seeing though it will only be accessible by boat, awesome concept! Keep up the great work!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think I will leave that lot blank, at least for now.

I just tried the world in game for the first time, and those areas easily let the boat through, which is good. I dropped down a school to test, and was amused to see it put the weather stone in a blank (but unable to reach) spot in the middle of the school ._.;

Thankyou for the comments so far :) I was hesitant to start a thread with so many amazing world creators here, but the nice comments provide motivation for me to keep working.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've been at this all day! (yay for 3 day weekends)

I did a lot of sculpting and painting with the mountains, I also extended the road finally...roads terrify me in caw ;_;

15_zpsfafddb93.png

Main island, its where the main part of town goes. I've extended the road and put down some residential and beach lots, but I'll probably change some of those to be more community lots/rabbit holes, once I decide what should go where

14_zpsebaa9d77.png

Second island, probably not going to be a lot on here, some beach lots, maybe a park, and one or two residential lots.

13_zpsb3607e73.png

The town centre is just about complete. It has the festival grounds, city hall, school, stadium, business, hospital, groceries, diner, bookstore and theatre in this pic, along with a beach lot directly below which didnt fit in the screenshot. That last tiny lot I'm debating over what should be there, either a fire station or police, it's pretty small because I messed up with those early roads, so Im struggling to fit the suitable buildings in...I suppose I could always build one myself and use the rabbithole rugs if all else fails.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    My last update for today, I've been at this since I woke up and it's now bedtime, I think I got a lot done today o:

24_zps841d2905.png

The town centre is now more or less finished, I decided to fill the last lot with the day spa. The beach looks a little bland at the moment, I need to do more to it.

21_zpsa518ca3e.png

22_zps1f605915.png

I worked on my mountains some more, I'm pretty happy with them now they have trees on them.

23_zps5975ec53.png

I also made the volcano for the criminal hideout. It has a lookout park on the way up the winding road, but it's still blank at the moment. Getting that road smooth was horrible @_@ But it appears to not be clipping in EIG now...

20_zpsc9c83ee5.png

Finally I made a start on what I'm dubbing the Treetop Markets.

19_zps8324fbe0.png

18_zpsd8084cac.png

17_zpsa8f5aa00.png

Built among the trees, it has the registers for the consignment, elixer consignment and nectary stores. There's also a massage table, some bars and a pool table for entertainment. There's also a bonfire on the ground. I was thinking of making use of Savvy Sellers, but since I haven't used that yet, I'm not really sure if that works when you don't own the lot yourself? I suppose there's still plenty of room if people wanted to set their own stores up here.

16_zpsc915d4c5.png

Another one of those 'reachable by boat' areas...well, technically you can reach it on foot, but there are no roads leading to it.

Tomorrow I will work more on the third island (with the volcano), I plan to put the large/pets lots there, as well as some nice areas for resorts.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So I made this island far away from the others

28_zps45dc49b9.png

27_zpsd52f54fa.png

26_zpse33bd9bb.png

25_zps3781402d.png

I'm thinking this might be where the supernatural hangout is...do mermaids count as supernaturals?
  • Options
    mznenepreciousmzneneprecious Posts: 95 Member
    edited October 2013
    Great minds think alike! and your world is the closest to a Caribbean tropical island that I have seen! I have been working on a flat island myself and I see various similarities......well just the sand and roads...ahahah I haven't gotten as far as you, but you truly inspire me to start doing more. But I cant wait to download this world as well. If you need any help with populating your world I can definitely help!! Im also bookmarking this post so I can comment 24/7. :shock: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am dreading populating and building houses ): I'm nearly done with sculpting and trees, then I have to start building more lots...I'm terrible at building houses and making lots of unique sims >_<
  • Options
    mznenepreciousmzneneprecious Posts: 95 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not the best at making houses or sims, but I would still be glad to help! :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    My sculpting is all finished :D Yes, I did sculpting, roads and some building all at the same time, but it worked out

35_zps8f8cc978.png

37_zpsf4f4ff3c.png

31_zpsa1ee7650.png

29_zpsd3798830.png

Also some of the smaller islands

32_zpsd1ed413a.png
    Room for a house

33_zps2e74a83e.png
    A pretty beach

30_zpsbc3685d1.png
    The science facility I gave it's own island, with mooring cleats on the dock out front so sims can sail right up to it. I havent finished with this lot though

Now I just need to finish with the vegetation, then its time for...building D:
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited October 2013
    This world is really beautiful. I love the colors you used. And the atmosphere is amazing. I just love the feel and look.

Bookmarked. :)

Oh, and if you need some lots, I'd be more than happy to help you!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I started building an equestrian centre. It makes use of the rabbit hole rug though so there's plenty of room to double up as training grounds. I also used some of Luna's arches since they're decorations, if I remember correctly the horses can walk through them. I've really only built the shell for this so far, I have yet to put in any horsey or decoration stuff yet, but after spending 3 days straight doing nothing but working on this world I think I need to take a break. I also head back to work tomorrow so this will slow right down.

42_zpsaff498ce.png

41_zps7fbe4d82.png

39_zpsa648b387.png

38_zps4753edf2.png

40_zpsebd1778c.png

• Options
    MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I really really really really like this world! it looks so fresh and clean and ugh. i need it! :XD:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm happy people like this so far ^^

I'm at the stage where I could maybe do with some help building lots, either residential or community. I'm not a very good builder myself, I tend to fall back on the same few gimmicks constantly ;_; unless I use photos for inspiration. If anyone would like to help I can either make a list of lot sizes with some pictures soon, or send a copy of the world as is.

Or even if it's just permission to raid someone's studio for suitable lots ^^;
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2013
    Check the swap shop thread at the top of this forum and see if you see anything you like - that is precisely what it is there for. As simmers that post lots and sims in there is so creators has some to use in their worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2013
    ^^; I checked the swap shop already and I found a couple lots I could possibly use, but I'm just awkward..and odd..and unless someone says 'here, I am giving you in particular permission to use my lots' I don't feel right D: Guess I need to get over that.
  • Options
    conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    :shock: Beautiful!!!