Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 MUST HAVES - Features not expansions

Here are some things I think the Sims 4 must include in their base game. I'm not talking about previous Sims expansions such as pets or weather, because come on, of course those will be expansions. I'm just talking about features, some we never had, and some I don't want to lose.

1. PLEASE give us a larger variety of maternity clothes, and a way to PLAN OUTFIT with the maternity choices. The way it is in Sims 3 is infuriating.

2. PLEASE give us the ability to invest money in stocks using the computer.

I will be editing this post and adding items as they come to mind. Meanwhile, what do you want in the Sims 4 (features, NOT expansions!)

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,469 Member
    edited September 2013
    I hope they bring back online dating, but not in a EP.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    Basements
    Spiral staircases
    CASt
    8)
  • Options
    AnshinAnshin Posts: 446 Member
    edited September 2013
    Mendelian Genetics - TS2 had this, we can have it again!
    This is the game that never ends
    Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
    Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
    And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited September 2013
    CASt and babies with legs. :lol: That's all I want dang it! I can deal with just about anything else.
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    I'd love to be able to buy Sim clothing in a shop rather than it all being free. It irks me to no end.
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited September 2013
    Shopping in stores, baby legs, more interactions with kids and toddlers and babies, the rabbit holes being gone except for work. I was "upset" when the Sunlit Tides world came out and the venue was a spa with working spa items. We have a spa in game already, why doesn't IT work with working items? I don't need to spend $45 on another spa, thanks, EA. I want to see my sims go to places and do things. I want this game to be fun and to have fun playing it. Not have a "score ten points for woohooing in this rocketship at this time.
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    nxd12345nxd12345 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    E.A. Should add more interactions between children, personally I found the childhood stage quite boring. I'm not sure if that many people will agree with me on this, but maybe a "Childhood crush" would be acceptable. :wink:
  • Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited September 2013
    nxd12345 wrote:
    E.A. Should add more interactions between children, personally I found the childhood stage quite boring. I'm not sure if that many people will agree with me on this, but maybe a "Childhood crush" would be acceptable. :wink:

I think it would be adorable. I felt that children Sims had very little personality. Same with teens over all. Generations added a little bit of variation, but still. Even babies should have at least a few more interactions.
  • Options
    KansineKansine Posts: 105 Member
    edited September 2013
    Basic weather. Not all the different seasons necessarily, but things like rain and fog. And no, I don't think that belongs to an expansion! It's a very very basic element of everyday life, that Sims is supposed to simulate, after all.
    Other than that, bigger worlds than in Sims 3, a lot of interactions for all age groups... and well, CASt.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the world will be bigger than in TS3. Buildings might actually do something besides just be rabbit holes this time hopefully but I don't think the world will be bigger. Maybe we'll get a choice of worlds in the base game, that would be nice. I like New Orleans southern charm but not everyone does.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't think the world will be bigger than in TS3. Buildings might actually do something besides just be rabbit holes this time hopefully but I don't think the world will be bigger. Maybe we'll get a choice of worlds in the base game, that would be nice. I like New Orleans southern charm but not everyone does.
    Yeah, I like that world too, but I would really, really love more grunge.

A more run down urban area with polution, smoke stacks, maybe 'enviornment' could affect the Sim's emotions. You know across the tracks Sims would be less happy because of the polution. That would have been fun for me. I would like my Sims to have those clothes lines like from the 40's/50's that ran across buildings where you had to pull the line to get the clothes from out your run down apartment building's window..think Brooklin.

Back alley..one of my favorite builders was on MTS she made 'back alley' lots all the time. You placed those on certain roads to face each other or side by side each other...etc. they all had an alley and made it look like in TS2 they all met up behind their homes or running behind or beside..wow what a creative builder..could never get enough of those lots. All numbered where to place..it was so urbanish.

A home with a car in the back in the alley, turned over trash cans, small wall, leading into the next back alley behind that one etc. trash on the ground around the cans..old junk yard dog fencing and chainlinked fencing sometimes... It was super to have those in a urban themed game.

And many of the back alley community lots series was some of the most fun lots I played built by someone else. :wink:

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited September 2013
    Please give us more control over what features we use and how. In other words, don't just start turning all our sims into celebrities or vampires, or having aliens or meteors come along and ruining a story that was coming along nicely, or mascots showing up, when our sims can just call and enroll in uni when they're ready to do so. (and then taking three years to fix it) Some may enjoy the challenges, surprises and randomness of it, but some of us also like to tell the stories in our own way. Maybe add some more slider options to decide how much spontaneity happens in our game?

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    Public transport! - Save energy, save the planet, save money.

Semi detached housing - Save energy, save walls, shout over suburban hedges.

Pretty antique furniture - Enough of this modern stuff already. I want writing desks!

Small shops - Grocers, clothes stores, confectionery...

Magic! - Sims wouldn't be complete without it.

Crafts and collectables - Gives you something to work towards.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    Anshin wrote:
    What does that mean? In comparison to Sims 3 genetics I mean?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    Yeah, I like that world too, but I would really, really love more grunge.

A more run down urban area with polution, smoke stacks, maybe 'enviornment' could affect the Sim's emotions. You know across the tracks Sims would be less happy because of the polution. That would have been fun for me. I would like my Sims to have those clothes lines like from the 40's/50's that ran across buildings where you had to pull the line to get the clothes from out your run down apartment building's window..think Brooklin.

Back alley..one of my favorite builders was on MTS she made 'back alley' lots all the time. You placed those on certain roads to face each other or side by side each other...etc. they all had an alley and made it look like in TS2 they all met up behind their homes or running behind or beside..wow what a creative builder..could never get enough of those lots. All numbered where to place..it was so urbanish.

A home with a car in the back in the alley, turned over trash cans, small wall, leading into the next back alley behind that one etc. trash on the ground around the cans..old junk yard dog fencing and chainlinked fencing sometimes... It was super to have those in a urban themed game.

And many of the back alley community lots series was some of the most fun lots I played built by someone else. :wink:

Love those ideas!! Love some broken window/doors and graffiti on walls :D
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited September 2013
    Anshin wrote:

Hybrid babies I believe. For example, a vampire and werewolf have a baby who will have a mix of both abilites, instead of just being born either a vampire or werewolf.

I also want genetics to more accurately reflect who the parents are instead of just being clones of one parent.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Mendelian Genetics means that the baby gets "genes" from both parents and passes down genes to the offspring it eventually has. I think a vampire/werewolf hybrid would be asking a bit much of the dev team but yes, basically, this is what we're talking about. Dad had brown eyes, mom has blue eyes, baby has green eyes, mix of both, not "hey one has blue so we'll just slap that on the baby."

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Mendelian Genetics means that the baby gets "genes" from both parents and passes down genes to the offspring it eventually has. I think a vampire/werewolf hybrid would be asking a bit much of the dev team but yes, basically, this is what we're talking about. Dad had brown eyes, mom has blue eyes, baby has green eyes, mix of both, not "hey one has blue so we'll just slap that on the baby."
    And no more copycat children! Thanks :wink: I would also like dominant and recessive genes. Brown eyes are dominant to blue. So dad brown eyes, mum blue eyes would increase the chance on brown eyes. But not if both grandparents have blue eyes, that increases the chance on blue eyes.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ThesimsberoendeThesimsberoende Posts: 12
    edited September 2013
    I think in basegame you should be able to build your own stores and restaurants, I really miss that from Sims 2 and I don't like in Sims 3 that the fridges fills up automatically when you get more money. I want my sims to actually go to a store and buy food like it was in Sims 2. Ofc you should be able to phone a transfer of food if you don't have time to go to store.
    In base game I would also like some weathers like raining, thunderstorm and cloudy but well not snowing or seasons, that should be coming on an expansion instead.
    In base game they should also include things like in the University Expansion because I think that is something that belongs to the normal life, atleast for your teenager sims..
    In base game I would also like to get more clothes and hairstyles, especially for your children and toddler sims. More objects would also be very nice. In Sims 3 basegame they really lacked of objects but well instead you could be able to move everywhere in the neighood/city with your sim and visit other sims and also edit your sims more and their personality, so I can understand they couldn't include that much objects for your houses in the Sims 3 basegame because the game would be too big, they didn't even include a piano in Sims 3 basegame and that's a shame!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited September 2013
    Shopping for clothes is a good one.

I like collecting things so stuff like harvestables, gems, etc

To be able to open our own shops and sell ANYTHING (c'mon gurus!)

I could just keep listing things because there is an endless list of features I'd like to see, but I think what I'd really like is for them to fully flesh things out. A lot of things felt half-finished in the sims 3 and that made the whole brand feel cheaper and less thought out. I'd like them to carry out ideas fully, really stretch them out. And if they are going to do something, to do it RIGHT the first time and provide quality over quantity. Nothing is more frustrating than feeling as though they were going to do something but ran out of time, or that they stuck something in as an afterthought, or features conflicting between expansion packs. I know this is a bit of a rant but I just hope they really think about every feature they include, and flesh them out fully. :)
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited September 2013
    Anshin wrote:

Mendelian genetics is dominant traits and submissive traits. Basically, eye color and hair color.

It doesn't actually allows hybrids; hybridation is non-Mendelian genetics (basically, the majority of DNA is non-Mendelian).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks Tanya I knew I was messing something up. It's been a long time since science class. I knew it had to do with traits and genes and passing them down though. I like the genetics in TS2 and want to see a comeback in TS4. They have limited the hair colors so maybe we'll have decent genetics this time around. Who knows?

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Mendelian genetics is dominant traits and submissive traits. Basically, eye color and hair color.

It doesn't actually allows hybrids; hybridation is non-Mendelian genetics (basically, the majority of DNA is non-Mendelian).
    Thanks. (With 'recessive' i meant submissive by the way, didn't know that was the term)
    Well, I hope that will improve and become more realistic than it is now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited September 2013
    I also want antique and classic-looking furniture styles. I hate the modern look.

Also, in this thread, several people have mentioned they want to be able to shop for clothing in the game, but you're in luck. That HAS been confirmed to be a feature in Sims 4. They'll be able to shop for clothes, and clothes will have varying price tags.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/714091.page
  • Options
    AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2013
    It would be cool to have dominant and recessive genes back. If mum and dad have dark hair there should be a chance that they will have blonde children if some of their ancestors were blondes! That's what happened with us.