The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new background....

is extremely distracting. I'm not saying it's ugly but it's too dark and my eyes keep going to the red haired Sim on the left because that is the only color in the entire thing.

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited September 2013
    A bit shocking at first but I'm sure we can all adjust. :mrgreen: It's kind of Halloween themed in a way.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    edited September 2013
    yeah, I heard about this new world. It's called Hollowness something, right? I'm not interested in buying it but it sounds and looks very Halloweeny. :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2013
    Love the new background. I hate bright and glary things so this is perfect to me.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,912 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just checked again. it's called Midnight Hollow. Where the heck did I get Hollowness from? :?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2013
    It makes a great desktop wallpaper.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2013

Ahahaha I did exactly that too.

Also, I like it. It looks like the redhead is leaning over my forum page to tell a secret whenever I log in.
    My darker vampire couple are going to be so happy to finally have somewhere to fit right in. Moonlight Falls was still too green and bright for them.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    edited September 2013
    Pary wrote:

Also, I like it. It looks like the redhead is leaning over my forum page to tell a secret whenever I log in.
    My darker vampire couple are going to be so happy to finally have somewhere to fit right in. Moonlight Falls was still too green and bright for them.

How do you make it desktop wallpaper? I'm so pc challenged. :cry:

I really like the new background. It's the first that I've wanted on my desktop.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LittleLeotaLittleLeota Posts: 680 Member
    edited September 2013

ooh great idea! I love the new background! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Anmirla wrote:
    Pary wrote:

I really like the new background. It's the first that I've wanted on my desktop.

You just right click anywhere on the background, then select View Background Image. When you see the image you right click and it will give you the option to set it as your background image.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited September 2013
    Anmirla wrote:
    Pary wrote:

You just right click anywhere on the background, then select View Background Image. When you see the image you right click and it will give you the option to set it as your background image.

It doesn't work in every browser. The option isn't available with Chrome, for instance, but it is available with Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    Pary wrote:

It doesn't work in every browser. The option isn't available with Chrome, for instance, but it is available with Internet Explorer.

Ahh...THAT'S why I couldn't find the option. I use Google Chrome.

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Anmirla wrote:
    samiam662 wrote:
    Anmirla wrote:
    Pary wrote:

Ahh...THAT'S why I couldn't find the option. I use Google Chrome.

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

oops...I'm sorry, I didn't even think about that. :oops:
  • Options
    edited September 2013

I would have never have thought of it. :wink: I should have known something was wrong because as soon as I read about the ladies having it as a background, I did right click, but the option wasn't there.
    I just tried it on explorer and for some reason the option is grayed-out. DLing Firefox with crossed fingers...

I WANT THIS BACKGROUND!

Firefox worked! YES! Thanks again!
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited September 2013
    I got it for background wallpaper too. Since Halloween coming up, it would be perfect for each day reminder to get the game maybe. LOL!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Anmirla wrote:

I would have never have thought of it. :wink: I should have known something was wrong because as soon as I read about the ladies having it as a background, I did right click, but the option wasn't there.
    I just tried it on explorer and for some reason the option is grayed-out. DLing Firefox with crossed fingers...

I WANT THIS BACKGROUND!

Firefox worked! YES! Thanks again!

So glad it worked for you! I have Firefox too.
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I love the four fingers reaching up on the bottom right hand side. It's creepy, but cool haha.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just checked again. it's called Midnight Hollow. Where the heck did I get Hollowness from? :?

I am a Hollowness :wink:
  • Options
    EuroGirL87EuroGirL87 Posts: 154 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love this new background :mrgreen: I had to start up IE to get it cause the option doesn't show up on Chrome. Looks great on my desktop and the girl on the right, her facial expression and pose makes me laugh every time I see it :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited September 2013

I would love it if someone handy with Photoshop could take the Sims OUT of the background image because then I would LOVE it as wallpaper!!!
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited September 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:

I would love it if someone handy with Photoshop could take the Sims OUT of the background image because then I would LOVE it as wallpaper!!!

I will ask around...
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:

I will ask around...

Yes I was this close to setting as my desktop too but the girls brighten the spooky too much :P
  • Options
    withthecrimelabwiththecrimelab Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2013
    here is the image url
    Just go to the link above and right click, save image as in chrome, and then you can set as background.

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited September 2013
    I wasn't too sure how well it would fit in with the bright interface of the site, but having seen it properly on my laptop now, I think it actually looks okay... I also thought it was the perfect time for it, with Halloween coming up in about a month and a half.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited September 2013
    I adore it! Was getting mighty sick of the DV one, reason being that red dot (it was some object out in the sea) but had the effect of making your screen look like it had something on it. Drove me up the wall all these months.
    This is perfect for the coming winter months :)