Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation Started 14 Jun; Ended 6 September

Comments

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my goodness! It is now on September and the list is going and going and... :roll:

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh my goodness! It is now on September and the list is going and going and... :roll:
    Well, hello Jenn! Good to see you here again, it's been a long while.

Yeah, who'd have DD stalking could be so dull. Oh for those crazy days when the deals were changing every few minutes! :lol:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,997 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Jenn. Glad to see you pop in here. While the DD rotation itself has become so boring, the DD stalkers have added another dimension to this thread. We have formed the Daily Deal Stalkers Building Association and have created a world, Majix Cove. As a group, we are busy designing lots to fill the world.

Good to see you. Wishing you a day full of hugs and spoons.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    CYS UPDATE!

Looks like the random loss of CYS on a variety of compilations has been fixed!

Oh Yeah! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    CYS UPDATE!

Looks like the random loss of CYS on a variety of compilations has been fixed!

Oh Yeah! :mrgreen:

Yay!!! So happy and relieved!

Hi Jenn! How's life?! :D
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hooray for the CYS fix..

It has fixed January 12 Comp for me :)

*Can't believe I got some magically free items! :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ta da, my newest Majix build and contest home! This is the elegant, beautiful Grecian Paradise.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7636055

Description: Are you looking for something simple and cozy? Well move it along then because the Grecian Paradise villa oozes luxury, space, and elegance from every stone! She has been completely remodeled to include modern amenities, but no expense was spared to maintain the old-world Greece feel. There is plenty of indoor space including a gym, sauna, game room, family room, and an honest-to-goodness Roman bath! Outdoor entertaining is ample and posh with multiple balconies and patios, a pool, garden, and an outdoor kitchen. If you want to live like royalty, Grecian Paradise is the home for you!

Photos:

[IMG]http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w665/lessa1626/Grecian%20Paradise/Screenshot-209_zpsd2bbb650.jpg "width=700"[/IMG]

Screenshot-24_zps759ee2ca.jpg"width=700"

More over in the DDSBA:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/195/701677.page#11299792

A LOT more photos here:
    http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/lessa1626/slideshow/Grecian Paradise

I went juuuust a little picture happy! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Rec'd Grecian Paradise :)

It's so unique and charming, Meg!
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Hooray for the CYS fix..

It's a nice set, the Edwardian stuff is great.
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Ta da, my newest Majix build and contest home! This is the elegant, beautiful Grecian Paradise.

Very pretty. As always you totally impress me!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    DD Rotation Update Tranquil Trickle Fountain was skipped.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Hooray for the CYS fix..

It's a nice set, the Edwardian stuff is great.
    Meg1626 wrote:

Very pretty. As always you totally impress me!
    If I knew that Best of 2012 would be on sale this soon and we'd get CYS I would have braved myself and bought India Inspirations on last April's rotation.. :twisted: :oops: :wink:

Can't wait to try the cowplant too..
    So this week I'll play with these 'cows' instead.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    DD ROTATION UPDATE

Two more deals skipped!

#149 Pineapple Pottery
    #150 Boho Teen Lacy Top

So we are now on #151 Panda Crib and the timing seems to have changed, deals now start at about 49 minutes past the hour.

Wonder if they are now gradually, and randomly, dropping deals on each rotation until there are none left and then we'll get a new list.

Could be here for some time folks! :mrgreen:

Oh, Meg, that is one seriously indulgent palace you've created there! I can imagine a 'certain' type of celebrity couple living there :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:

If I knew that Best of 2012 would be on sale this soon and we'd get CYS I would have braved myself and bought India Inspirations on last April's rotation.. :twisted: :oops: :wink:

Don't you wish we had a crystal ball to consult about these things? For me, I am the person who always buys the set right before it goes on sale a week later. So now every time I want a set I find myself trying to decide if I should wait a week or not.

I have to admit the cowplant kinda scares me, so I have not tried to use it yet, but I am interested what type of mischief my Sims will get up to with the voodoo doll. Oh, and I doubt I need to ask, but did you check into the Killer Classics set to see what discount you will get now that you have the cowplant? Though I can't tell if it is CYS or not now, because I already own it.

ajaxpost wrote:
    DD ROTATION UPDATE

Two more deals skipped!

#149 Pineapple Pottery
    #150 Boho Teen Lacy Top

So we are now on #151 Panda Crib and the timing seems to have changed, deals now start at about 49 minutes past the hour.

Wonder if they are now gradually, and randomly, dropping deals on each rotation until there are none left and then we'll get a new list.

Oh, Meg, that is one seriously indulgent palace you've created there! I can imagine a 'certain' type of celebrity couple living there :D

Hopefully they will switch it after this one runs its course (or sooner if we get lucky). I check first thing every morning to see if anything has changed, but still waiting hopefully.
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited September 2013
    Don't worry about having the cowplant it'll just eat the neighbours or die because its to stupid to eat the neighbours (read the maid wouldn't die). It was kind of funny when it killed 2 neighbours in about a week (just after i placed it) but if you don't want it to offer cake just make sure you feed it (I didn't)
    As for the Killer Classics set I can get it for 540 simpoints and only own the cowplant.
    And yay for CYS getting fixed.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited September 2013
    #153 Haiku of the Lotus was skipped
    Current deal is #154 Temaki bar
    Since they're skipping deals lets hope they skip #176 Sand in your gnome (the sticker that wasn't already skipped)
    I really hope we don't get that far down the list but *sings* this is the list that never ends.............
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

Don't you wish we had a crystal ball to consult about these things? For me, I am the person who always buys the set right before it goes on sale a week later. So now every time I want a set I find myself trying to decide if I should wait a week or not.

I have to admit the cowplant kinda scares me, so I have not tried to use it yet, but I am interested what type of mischief my Sims will get up to with the voodoo doll. Oh, and I doubt I need to ask, but did you check into the Killer Classics set to see what discount you will get now that you have the cowplant? Though I can't tell if it is CYS or not now, because I already own it.

ajaxpost wrote:
    DD ROTATION UPDATE

Two more deals skipped!

#149 Pineapple Pottery
    #150 Boho Teen Lacy Top

Hopefully they will switch it after this one runs its course (or sooner if we get lucky). I check first thing every morning to see if anything has changed, but still waiting hopefully.
    I got January 12 for free :oops:

Neat bonus after Best of 2012 sale.. ;D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Don't worry about having the cowplant it'll just eat the neighbours or die because its to stupid to eat the neighbours (read the maid wouldn't die). It was kind of funny when it killed 2 neighbours in about a week (just after i placed it) but if you don't want it to offer cake just make sure you feed it (I didn't)
    As for the Killer Classics set I can get it for 540 simpoints and only own the cowplant.
    And yay for CYS getting fixed.

Ah, but all my neighbors are sims I created, since whenever I move into a new world I evict and delete all the Maxis made families and fill the entire world with only my Sim families. I wouldn't mind if it ate the homeless NPC/Tourist/Service/aliens/paparazzi, but if it ate any of the sims I created I would be very upset.

Oh, I was lucky, I got a nice discount on Killer Classics, but I owned most of it through other sets.
    Valgon57 wrote:
    I got January 12 for free :oops:

Neat bonus after Best of 2012 sale.. ;D

No, you didn't get it for free, you simply bought pieces of it from other sets in order to get a better price on it, and in this case it just happened to be free. :wink: It was the same for me actually, but I owned a lot of it already. :-)

Doesn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.... Looks around... carefully guards her CYS discounts in fear that someone might take them away.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Potted Bamboo Glory sold out with 51 minutes remaining. Deals are now starting at 58 minutes after the hour.

Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep)sold out a minute early. Deals are now starting at 57 minutes after the hour.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love seeing the new builds. :D. Thank goodness we have SOMETHING to do besides watch the stale DD!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @luvalphvle: I was checking out the entries to your Finish This House contest. It is very interesting to see how people take the same layout and customize it.

Depending on how many more deals will be skipped in this rotation, I am debating how long I can hold off adding the 7th rotation to the DD spreadsheet list.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for all the wonderful feedback on my build guys! I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face. Now it's off to the parents for a few days! No Sims but I will definitely be on here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    DD ROTATION UPDATE:

Deal #159: Potted Orchids Divine was skipped.

Now on deal #160: Beady Bikini

• Options
    edited September 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    DD ROTATION UPDATE:

Deal #159: Potted Orchids Divine was skipped.

Now on deal #160: Beady Bikini

I actually hope they don't skip the next deal. I caved and grabbed the other Woodland Cabinet from the sale page yesterday so I would like to have this one to match it if possible.

Beyond that I guess tomorrow is cows, and I am excited to see what they will do with the sale page for Friday, hopefully they will have some sets this time.
  • Options
    KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Ah, but all my neighbors are sims I created, since whenever I move into a new world I evict and delete all the Maxis made families and fill the entire world with only my Sim families.

If I tried that my town would be filled with clones! :roll: :lol: I have four Sims that I use and just mix up the hair and eye colors for variety.
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Ah, but all my neighbors are sims I created, since whenever I move into a new world I evict and delete all the Maxis made families and fill the entire world with only my Sim families.

If I tried that my town would be filled with clones! :roll: :lol: I have four Sims that I use and just mix up the hair and eye colors for variety.

:lol: I do that with houses. I am not very good at building, so once I get a house the way I want it, I will copy it and use it over and over.