Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Camping Grounds Store Set

I had tried to make a camping grounds resort and should have realised that camping really isn't camping related so thought it would be great to have a store set that would make this possible :)

I use to love camping as a kid and loved to make camping grounds with bon voyage and my Sims 3 game is missing it
Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims

Comments

• Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited August 2013
    That would be a lot of fun, this featured in both Sims1 and 2, really hope they'll consider doing this.
    Tents and singing round the campfire! :)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes to camping! That would be awesome!
  • Options
    mildredsimmildredsim Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2013
    Second that! Camping would be a great addition to the game play! :)
  • Options
    ShadowXKShadowXK Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2013
    i third that for the people that couldn't go this year it would be great to see what they experienced
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am glad I am not the only one :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    great idea!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    How is it that you couldn't make a campground? I've made several in my game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited August 2013
    sign me up for that too!
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited August 2013
    Never alone Pinks!!

I'd love for my sims to go camping. They already have tents, fire pits, bonfires.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How is it that you couldn't make a campground? I've made several in my game.

I am sure u can but not as a resort or a place for your Sims to check into :(

thanx for that super nice comment SimsAddiction968

glad there are more stepping forward and replying in this thread :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2013
    We have sleeping bags, tents, fire pits, fishing poles, picnic baskets so what else do we need to go camping?

• Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited August 2013
    acorn88 wrote:
    We have sleeping bags, tents, fire pits, fishing poles, picnic baskets so what else do we need to go camping?

I'm curious too... I have had no problems creating a campground where other Sims have visited. I have also turned one into a resort that worked very well. I did use CC tower rabbit hole rugs so it would work properly. So is that all you are asking for is new towers so it will function like a resort and fit the theme? Sorry if that's the case I'm not interested in purchasing bulky towers that are not customizable when I can use rugs and create my own. I would love to see a wish list because other than towers I'm confused what exactly you are asking for.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I couldn't place tents on lots that were resorts even with the towers :(

I did have the towers on the lot so am not sure why it didn't work maybe there is something I am not doing or maybe you have mods in your game
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited August 2013
    We do have a current mix of things for camping, the tents, the sleeping bags, the outdoor showers etc. But it would be nice to have:

1. Hammocks - In 3 styles
    A. With Palm Trees
    B. With a plain frame
    C. With Pine trees

2. Adirondack Style rocking chairs

3. The log roll from Bon Voyage

4. The big hot Springs from Bon Voyage

5. The spit from Sims Medieval

6. I cannot recall if we have these already but if we don't the Port a Potties & Outhouses
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited August 2013
    That would be awesome but don't we already have tents? What kind of camping are you thinking of? You could still make a camping ground! Some tents came with World Adventures and i'm suire Island Paradise too! Also you can place down a big bonfire that came with University! :-)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    [quote=redrogue60

6. I cannot recall if we have these already but if we don't the Port a Potties & Outhouses

IP has the all in one bathroom. I frequently place those on my festival lots to use as porta potties. I think outhouses were mentioned in the western part of the upcoming Movie Stuff pack.... I found that odd since we don't usually get interactive items in stuff packs....but I guess it wouldn't really be different than adding a regular toilet in a stuff pack.

When I build a campground I add small buildings that act as public restroom and shower houses. Not all campgrounds have porta potties.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love camping so much! I remember one campground I went to that I cant get out of my head. I would love to try and recreate it but I'm not good at building/making lots. I agree with others that we do have a lot of stuff we can use for camping. I need to keep an eye out for some really good camping lots that other simmers made. Crystal Lake would be a good one! *hint hint* ;-)
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2013
    you can buy tents in WA. I have camp grounds its simple! buy a tent put it on a lot move and make the lot community- done! they spend the night on these camp lots!
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited August 2013
    I knew we had the all in one bathroom I used them quite a bit on Isla but I was thinking port a potties that were blue or green and looked like port a potties. Same also with the Outhouses. I hope we get them in the next stuff pack that would be great for campgrounds
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think a camping ground venue or set would be great for the store, as the store is meant to compliment the Base Game. It does not take into account expansions.
    For example you could buy the Magic items such as the cauldron or spell book, but never have Supernatural.
    For those without WA and/or IP this would be a great edition.
  • Options
    Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited August 2013
    I would love to make a camp- maybe even stuff for a summer camp like for kids and teens :)

edited: to clarify
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited August 2013
    acorn88 wrote:

for the families to know they are camping..half your family go home and sims who do visit the lot do not camp there..they go home. It is a struggle to get a very large sim family to all camp together...so not quite the camping experience I was looking for..but yeah, ya can build a cute camp ground.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2013
    sign me up!
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've built my own campgrounds too and I have one in my studio but it's just not the same as the camping experience. My Sims certainly aren't aware of the fact they are supposed to be camping and having fun. LOL.

Sign me up, please. :D
  • Options
    acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2013
    ah. I see the problem now. Camping isn't something I really think about doing outside of world adventures but it would be nice to have a lot that you could designate as a campground. I looked around a bit and realized that you can't place the tents from your inventory or place the tents you find in debug on a community lot. They show up as a closed bag. So EA needs to unlock the tent for us. I know of mods out there that allow you to place a tent but this shouldn't be our only option.