Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bonus Simpoints (from sponsors) not showing up anymore?

Comments

• Options
    sierradane1sierradane1 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2013
    So only a certain amount of people is allowed to get them? As opposed to anyone? Doesn't seem fair.
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited July 2013
    for the last few days i am seeing it three times like 12am and 2 times around 4in the afternoon. Im pacific time
  • Options
    BambiScott5BambiScott5 Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2013
    It showed up for me but it only makes my webpage whited out now. pfft. I like the EA is nice enough to do this but they should make sure it works properly.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I see them today; yay!

But yeah, EA should look into this thing, cuz it seems a little haphazard; no one's on the same page. :(
  • Options
    Tootsyim1Tootsyim1 Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2013
    It showed up for me but it only makes my webpage whited out now. pfft. I like the EA is nice enough to do this but they should make sure it works properly.

It did that for me a few times, I think it happens when too many people are trying at the same time. (Just a guess - I'm not computer-y) :D

But YAY!! I saw it today! :D I haven't seen it in well over a week, till now!
  • Options
    myjacobianmyjacobian Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yep, same thing happening to me. I tried on two different computers thinking that it could be my computer but nope. It happened to me last week too and again, I thought it was something I did wrong. Hope they fix it soon because it is frustrating. I know it's free but hey, I have spent a lot of money completing my collection. :cry:
  • Options
    mtsimsgurlmtsimsgurl Posts: 32 New Member
    edited July 2013
    im getting the same problem.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited July 2013
    Points are available now ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well I didn't see the button yesterday, but I see it now and watched the ad 5 times and didn't get the points added to my SimPoint total. :(
  • Options
    xSpoiledxxSpoiledx Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 2013
    I only got to do it for 2 days because I just discovered it. Please bring it back!
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited July 2013
    xSpoiledx wrote:
    I only got to do it for 2 days because I just discovered it. Please bring it back!

They can't "bring it back!" because they never got rid of the feature.

They only set aside a certain amount of simpoints a day for everyone one to claim once that amount is gone the button will disappear till the next day at 12 AM EST. If you don't check during the early morning hours 12 AM EST- 9 AM EST(sometimes they're all claimed as early as 2-3 AM EST) then you are really taking a gamble on getting them. They usually seem to last till around Noon Eastern Standard Time(EST) but as I've said if you want to be sure to get them you need to check earlier than that.
  • Options
    horsefreak2011horsefreak2011 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I must not be getting on at the right times because I've missed them every time I try to get on. Darn. Oh well, I've gotten around 300 points from it so far and that's still good considering.
  • Options
    barbie_mommy88barbie_mommy88 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I only found the ad giving the points away a week ago and the ad was there at 5pm mountain time everyday until yesterday....it seems like this is a regular thing in between sponsors...really hope they put it back up because I really want some premium content and I don't want to spend anymore money on this game...
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm in mountain time, and I haven't seen it for a few days now. It goes in phases though. Sometimes I will see it everyday for about a week, and then it disappears for a few days to a week.
  • Options
    DisberonDisberon Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    xSpoiledx wrote:

They only set aside a certain amount of simpoints a day for everyone one to claim once that amount is gone the button will disappear till the next day at 12 AM EST. If you don't check during the early morning hours 12 AM EST- 9 AM EST(sometimes they're all claimed as early as 2-3 AM EST) then you are really taking a gamble on getting them. They usually seem to last till around Noon Eastern Standard Time(EST) but as I've said if you want to be sure to get them you need to check earlier than that.

It has been off the site for the past few days, there's no doubt about it. I'm usually on late enough for when it was resetting and it has not been showing up. I also don't believe there is a limit they give away each day besides the 5 per person limit, because it would be there all day if I didn't click on it. I do believe it may have to do with no current sponsors to pay for the adds like someone else had mentioned. That makes more sense.
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone noticed that the icon appears on random pages when you're surfing the store? It doesn't show up on the store home page for me anymore (haven't seen it in two weeks), but for the past 3 days, as I'm perusing the sets to "Complete My Set" it will show up on random set pages. Very strange. Makes me think they're trying to make us work at finding it or something.... Or it's just a glitch for me. :?
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited August 2013
    Case in point: I was just at Home > Build/Buy > Buy and the icon showed up--I was able to watch a McDonalds ad once and then it disappeared so I could not watch it more times.
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    loxsmithloxsmith Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2013
    After days of trying, I was able to get my 50 points today. I had to hunt around for them, though. Ah well, it gives one a chance to look around and decide what to buy.
  • Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Disberon wrote:
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    xSpoiledx wrote:

It has been off the site for the past few days, there's no doubt about it. I'm usually on late enough for when it was resetting and it has not been showing up. I also don't believe there is a limit they give away each day besides the 5 per person limit, because it would be there all day if I didn't click on it. I do believe it may have to do with no current sponsors to pay for the adds like someone else had mentioned. That makes more sense.

I've been able to earn my points the last 3 days. I'm in central time and I earned them yesterday and the day before a little after midnight. Tonight, I earned it only once (not the full 50) and it didn't let me earn anymore. That was about 5pm.

• Options
    bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Just earned another 10 simpoints. It showed up on the sales page. But it only showed up once.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2013
    Here on the Northeast coast we just got them back to day - it's been at least 6 days since I had seen them. I also notice - sometimes I have to click my compatiability view button up in the address bar to make it show up because I run ad blocker - so you might try clicking that if you have it - but it will show up here for about 3 days then not show about 4-5, then show again. If lucky I will see it maybe a dozen times a month and I check every day about 6-7 am.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just had to hunt around for them also. Got it twice on create a sim>clothing, once on the daily deal page and twice on the home page.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sort of a different problem but related.

I just went to the Store to get my simpoints but was only able to get 30 simpoints instead of the usual 50 before it cut me off. Is this a glitch? Have they lowered the limit? Did they run out of simpoints already?!? It's 6:30 am Eastern Time in the US right now.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    MarcusTianMarcusTian Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Mgsfan12 is right it comes out around midnight because of the time difference
  • Options
    MarcusTianMarcusTian Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Try using a mobile device when I did I it showed up and stayed there